• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 3,931 Views, 131 Comments

Equestria: Awakening - Fighterx345



Chrom, Robin, and Lucina are finally able to defeat the Dark Dragon Grima. Believing that he would save humanity, Robin defeats Grima himself. He couldn't be more wrong.

  • ...
5
 131
 3,931

Chapter 4: What Makes a House...

Twilight and I were arguing outside of the town's view, in the direction toward Sweet Apple Acres.

"No, absolutely not!"

"Come on, Robin! This is the easiest way."

"I refuse to do such a thing!"

"Look, you don't even need to do anything; just stand still for a moment and... you might need to get on all four limbs for this to work."

"There's no way I'm consenting to this."

"Ugh, why do you have to be so difficult!?"

Twilight and I were arguing over how to enter the town. She knew how xenophobic Ponyville's residents could be sometimes, and she believed their reactions to me would be less than favorable.

"I'm sorry, Twilight, but I'm not letting you change me into a horse, unicorn, or anything else."

She figured that a transformation spell or even a simple illusion would help. Who knew how the town would react to me? The answer was Twilight, apparently.

"But it would be so much easier dealing with the town than in your current state! Mass hysteria isn't too uncommon around here... and first of all, we're ponies, not horses."

'A racial distinction?' "Well, I'm sorry. But you just proved my point. Just as you distinguish yourself as a pony, I wish to remain as part of my own race: human. Besides, it wouldn't be nice to hide from everybody the fact that a being from another dimension is walking around. If this society is as peaceful as you claim it to be, we should be fine."

Twilight flushed at how I dissected her argument. She huffed, "Fine. I suppose you're right, but at least stick to the language inflections around here. We don't say 'everybody' or 'everyone' most of the time; we stick to 'everypony'. It's just more comfortable for all the ponies living around here."

"Agreed." That makes sense, somewhat. It also makes sense concerning the town's rather uncreative name... Gods, do only ponies live around here? I suppose they're not even Taguel, either, or they would have at least figured me to be one of them, except in human form.' "Well, shall we at least begin moving towards your home before dusk falls, so we're not left standing here in the dark?"

Twilight sighed. "Okay, let's go. Just... try not to get seen, okay? I had enough trouble covering up that time when a surprisingly friendly changeling wandered into Ponyville after their failed invasion."

I raised an eyebrow at this but raised no questions or objections. We shortly entered the outer gate of Ponyville and -

'OH GODS WHAT IS THAT!?'

A sentient pink furball came out of nowhere and had violently attached itself to my face.

"AHHH GODS! TWILIGHT, GET IT OFF ME!!"

I tried swatting the mound of fur off my head, but it held fast. It started to emit noises at a terrifying rate.

"HI-I'M-PINKIE-PIE-IT'S-SO-NICE-TO-MEET-YOU-WHATEVER-YOU-ARE-HEY-ARE-YOU-FRIENDS-WITH-TWILIGHT-?"

Twilight, after having her share of giggles, used her magic to pry the thing off me. After catching my breath and regaining some amount of composure, I finally got a good look at it.

'It's... another pony. Of damn course it is.'

"Twilight... who and or what is this?"

After Twilight stopped laughing at my discomfort, she started to explain. "Pinkie Pie, meet Robin. Robin, this is Pinkie Pie. She's one of my best friends along with Applejack, and one of this town's more... colorful residents."

I noted the pony's monstrous shades of pink. 'Colorful is an understatement. Olivia and Cherche would be the only ones capable of appreciating some-pony like this.' I thought, rolling my eyes. Yet I almost started laughing myself when the thought of introducing Pinkie Pie to Tharja popped into my mind.

While I was mucking around in my thoughts, Pinkie Pie had somehow creeped directly in front of me after I blinked. I stared at her after the sudden appearance.

"Please... don't do that."

She just stared... and smiled. A knowing smile, at that. As if she knew something I didn't.

'What is wrong with everypony living here?' I thought.

She perked up and started talking at a rather excited pace. "Oh, nothing's really wrong with us, Robin; everypony here is super-fantastical and interesting! I really hope we can become the bestest of friends - OH! If we're gonna be friends you need a nickname!! How does Robbie sound? I think it sounds GREAT! Do you think it sounds great?!"

'...Did she just?' I shook my head. "I... uh, sure, great. Call me Robbie, whatever. But if you'll excuse us - *I motioned at Twilight* - we were just on our way to Twilight's residence, and we would gladly prefer if you didn't bring my presence here to the attention of the town's citizens."

Twilight was watching the whole thing unfold and decided to step in. She sounded a bit resigned. "There's nothing we can do now, Robin. Let's just get to the library and see how things play out from there."

"Ooookay... So, if you'll excuse us Miss-" Pinkie was gone. I stared at where she just was - inches from my face in one direction, I might add - before just looking at Twilight for any clarification.

Twilight sighed. "It'll all make sense once we get to my house. Although, I'd highly recommend that you let me change you into a pony, at least for the next few hours."

I raised my eyebrow. 'Again?' I knew Twilight must have had her reasons for her to bring it up again, especially after I so adamantly declined. "Is there anything you want to tell me about before we get there?"

Twilight turned and yawned. "Well, it was worth a shot. Just be ready for a long night."

My eyebrow stayed raised for a moment, but I continued walking without a word.

'Naga help me, lest I not survive till morn.'