• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 1,282 Views, 27 Comments

Spending Time with Applejack - Tower of 0



A certain friend of Applejack's wants to keep their relationship, but Spring might have other plans.

  • ...
3
 27
 1,282

Spring Time and Somepony isn't Prepared

Eyes opened in a blurred vision, barely reconizing the room that surrounded the current pony awake in the quiet house on this spring day. Taking a quick whiff of the air reveals it being crisp, cool, and smelling of flowers with fresh grass. Sunlight painted the walls across the bedroom with delight. The sounds of talk and laughter outside signals that it may be close to noon or somewhat out of morning.

There was another presence felt on the other side of the bed. Shifting in their slumber still as a forehoof came across from under the covers to touch his, a muzzle being buried into the neck. A small smile formed when the soft muzzle made contact, but the owner still wasn't awake yet. He figured he might aswell start the morning routine he followed everyday it seemed.

Sliding out of the bed as quietly as he possibly could without disturbing the guest. Leaving an orange and blonde mare to slumber still, and made way for the bathroom. A shower head started hissing as it spewed warm water from deep withing the confines of the house. A light steam being produced from the water as he stepped in and closed the curtain to seperate him from the rest of the bathroom.

Suds were being carefully massaged into his mane to make it soft to the touch, then progressed to his coat, his tail, and lastly, his hooves. The water helped soothe his mind of all concerns, for he only had one or two things he wanted to get done today. But for now, his only concern was getting clean and having a breakfast ready. The water stopped running from the shower head an the soun of wet hooves hit the mat covered wood below.

A towel was engrossed in an aura and lifted from its place on a hook attched to the wall. Flying over to its and a gently started drying him off. A quick look towards the mirror reveals the steam covering it's surface. A quick motion from the same towel leaves a clear spot to look into the iris of oe eye, then the next, both the same color as always. With that knowledge, a smile forms again as he exited the bathroom and headed for the door of the bedroom.

The slight creaking noise made the stallion cautious as to not wake up his current guest, a long time friend. Glancing back to make sure she wasn't awakened from the door's noise and continued on to the kitchen. Once there, various items were being enceased in magic and brought to the counter at a steady pace, yet something was missing. "Ah, yes, the waffle iron!" He exclaimed silently before giggling to himself. "Heh, weyffles."

He started to mix up a suitable batter atfer zapping the device with a short burst of magic. The iron opened and batter poured, making a satisfying sizzling noise upong contact. A sweet smell started to fill the room and leak around to th rest of the home. The aroma reached the nostrils of his guest, whome of which took in a big whiff before opening her eyes lazily. The stallion seemed to be humming in his head. The mare drug herself out of the bed to follow the sweet aroma of food to the kitchen.

The head of the stallion was swaying side-to-side in a sort of rythem, not aware of the awake mare now in the kitchen with him.
"Mornin' surgarcube, what y'all making?" Her voice was sweetened up a bit, southern accent was present.
"Waffles, want some, Applejack?" The stallion asked, breifly looking at the orange pony. "How's your leg feeling by the way?"
Applejack just glanced at her bandaged hindleg, it seemed like a few days ago since she got her injury.

Applejack was trying to buck the thickest tree found on the orchard. Damn thing broke one of her legs and the only one with her at the time was her friend.
"It's doing a little better, thanks for the concern, Ivory." She stated, looking back towards her friend.
Ivory Dreams, his name wasn't fitting for a stallion like him, but it was accurate. He could never be creative unless he was listening to the notes from a piano.

Two plates glided to the surface of the table, both were adorned with several pieces of waffles. Slices of butter joined the waffles, and a bottle of syrup joined the plates on the table. Applejack quickly sat down at the table, ready to dig in into the meal. Ivory opened another window to smell the air once more, still lingering with crisp, cool, flower and grass scented. Applejack seemed to pour atleast half the bottle of syrup onto her plate of waffles and dug right in.

Ivory was usually content with having Applejack around. Most of ponies in town have noticed how well the two get along when they are with eachother, despite some of the rumors that have been floating around lately. Ivory hasn't really made his friend mad directly, some occassions indirectly. The was one time though where she was furious about something...

Ivory remembered it like it was yesterday, Applejack was huffing up a storm in the barn kicking anything and everything in sight. Being the considerate stallion that he was, it turns out that seeing what was worn withhis friend was a bit of a mistake. Applejack was about to buck the barn doors until one of them swung open and her hooves planted themselves on Ivory's muzzle.

Knocked him clear of senses and a concious for a good 4 hours. He was groggy waking back up, finding himself in AJ's bedroom with her looking over him for any more bruises, an icepack on his face. The concerned ornage mare tried to explain her fury in the barn, but was told 'It's okay' as Ivory's forehoof rested on her cheek.

The stallion had barely begun to eat when he started daydreaming but was brought back with a simple question.
"What's on your mind, Surgarcube?"
"Nothing.... just remembering a few things is all." Ivory responded with a grin, sliding out from the chair he currently occupied.

"Ain't ya gonna eat?" Applejack stopped the stallion friend in his tracks, syrup dripping from her muzzle.
"Nah, I lost my appetite. You're welcome to them if you want." Ivory stated subtlely as he exited the kitchen and made way for the back room.

There wasn't much in the back room, just an old piano, an art easel, shelves with paints and charcoals, along with a single window. The grin grew wider when his eyes set upon the unfinished painting on the easel, it was time for Ivory Dreams to start dreaming once more.

The keys on the piano were shortly encased in magic and started to play a familiar tune. A pastel tray flew over and near the stallion as he took a brush in his mouth and dipped it in a select color. A unicorn that paints with his mouth, exciting, right? Ivory shortly fell into a creative daze, making the bristles of the brush make contact with the canvas.

Away went the time with Ivory when he painted, that is until something of interest catches his attention. Strange noises combined with the running of a shower head just so happened to break his concentration very aptly. As much as he wanted to fight it, curiosity got the better of poor Ivory.

He cautiously made his way from the back room and into the hall. The noises had gotten a bit louder as Ivory inched ever so closer to the nearby bedroom. Curiosity was getting a good foothold over the stallion, ever so tempting even more to find the source of the unknown sounds. There wasn't anypony currently present in the bedroom Ivory entered.

The bathroom door was closed, which was strange because usually the door was left cracked when AJ showered after a night at Ivory's. Surely enough, the noises were originating from behind the closed door. With some hesitation, the stallion made his way across the room and lightly knocked on the door.

"Applejack? You all right in there?" Ivory asked only to get a gasp followed by some thumping.
"Uh,, everythin' is a'okay surgarcube!" Was Applejack's quick response.
"Are you lying to me? You know I don't like it when you lie to me, AJ."

A brief sigh was heard and the water stopped running, hoofsteps were heard on the other side of the door and it swung open. Ivory was staring at Applejack, with red flushing her cheeks, wanting the truth from her.
"Well... surgarcube, it IS that time of year for us mares.. and-" Applejack was interuptted by Ivory
"I have forgotten spring was around.... dammit, I should've known..."

"I know how you feel about this, Ivory, but I didn't want to trouble ya with this." Applejack started to apologize to her friend
Ivory was pacing circles around the the room, engulfed in a massive wave of thought. He made his stop abruptly and turned his head towards the orange mare.
"You know what, I'm going to need a bit of time to think about these things. Want me to walk you home?" He was asking in a manner even she never heard before.