• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 1,895 Views, 61 Comments

Discordia: Turn on the Lights. - overlord-flinx



You ever hear of a get out of jail free card? Well... What if there was something like that, only it protected you from the law for a whole day? And... What if that was given to the worst possible person anyone could find?

  • ...
1
 61
 1,895

Part 6: A producer can sing!

So, Cap'n? Any ideas on who we should watch now?

In fact there is... But...

Hm?


Down bellow in Ponyville, the strange activity of random musical numbers started to become more and more normal to the ponies. It wasn't like they were ignorant of how to sing and perform anyway. Despite how strange it was, it was starting to get more accepted among the masses little by little. If anything, it would have to pass sooner or later... Right? Nevertheless, a common pattern for those that didn't want to sing or be involved was to just stay out of direct light. For whatever reason, that seemed to be the trigger some started to note and pass around. Such is why the school house had all the windows cloaked over and the lights cut. No direct light even touched a nook inside the school house.

Dozens of fillies and colts continued their school crafts in what little light they could muster without triggering whatever spell was running amok in their town. One such group of fillies were the Cutie Mark Crusaders thinking to themselves about what they had experienced just recently with Trixie... and her tricks. It was while they thought and the others worked on their little art projects that the front door of the classroom broke open and sent light blaring into the dark school. A few of the ponies flinched in surprise while others scampered to stay away from the light coming in like it was the plague. But, they knew better... Somepony had to knock that door in, and that pony was going to sing no matter what they did at this point.

To some surprise, the pony that came in after the door was broken open was little Pipsqueak scuttling into the classroom and taking a stop only once he was in front of the teacher's empty desk. He took a moment, just eyeing down the class of young ponies before he opened his mouth...

Words of Courage!
Original: La Resistance - South Park
Performed: Pipsqueak and others.

Luna's night is still a ways away.
So you cower away in the dark.
Yet look outside and you will see all your parents and family,
They stand and sing like larks.

Sure enough, some of the little ponies had the curiosity take them and they went to the windows to move the curtains to see. When they looked outside, they saw the older ponies baring the light and singing... with smiles, no less.

I see mares and males,
They stand true and strong.
They endure their shame,
For-sure it won't be long.
So when the curse gone,
And minds are then ease,
They may've sung,
But their courage will have won.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders along with a mass of the class brightened up suddenly, as if Pipsqueak's words had lit something inside of them. The curtains of the homeroom were stripped down and some pony flipped the light switch on, filling the room completely with brightening light. To Pip's sides, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom ran up to him and put a hoof around his sides as they joined in.

We may just spill our guts,
About crushes and dreams.
We could even let it loose,
About sneaking out past eight.
That's why we keep our wills high,
And we harden ourselves for truth.
So we sing? Our courage has won!

All together, every little filly and colt charged out into the day; courage ringing in their hearts as they sung along to whatever music was playing from whatever direction. All but one colt; Pip, who was smiling a most mischievous smile.


...That's my boy...

Comments ( 4 )

why do i feel like daw-ing at that last line

PIP~ Ahaha! Draw all of Equestria into song!

I can just picture Discord crying lobsters of pride at the end.

Please tell me that last line was metaphorical. Was it?

Login or register to comment