• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 1,886 Views, 61 Comments

Discordia: Turn on the Lights. - overlord-flinx



You ever hear of a get out of jail free card? Well... What if there was something like that, only it protected you from the law for a whole day? And... What if that was given to the worst possible person anyone could find?

  • ...
1
 61
 1,886

Act 3: Villain songs can produce whip-lash.

Cap'n...?

Yes my little ward?

I feel like we're missin' something important...

Hmm... You're absolutely right! What we need is a song from an evil master mind!

Should I get mum?

No. I need her for later. But... I do have somepony right there that can do the trick...


Much of Ponyville had been thrown into rhythmic, hoof-tapping chaos as the events progressed. Dancing, singing, duets? This was some sort of sick, catchy joke. However, there were some ponies that didn't seem too fazed by the developments. In fact, to some, it seemed almost... natural. Take for example the wagon that rolled into Ponyville not an hour ago. A sight that many of the school ponies saw before, but were just too entranced to not go towards it. Apple Bloom and her friends led the charge towards the wagon setting just outside the school yard area, wanting to get to the bottom of this.

Everypony looked at one another, though not a soul opened their mouth. They knew what would happen if someone tried to say anything; they learned it a few minutes ago when Cheerilee broke into 'I Wish You'd Go To Collage' during class. So, they remained quiet as they gathered at the foot of the wagon parked outside of the school. After a few minutes of no activity, a few ponies turned to leave.

Just as they did, the side of the wagon clicked and fell open, revealing a dark and rather gloomy atmosphere pour out from the wagon... along with a sudden tune of music.

Original: Friends on the Other Side - The Princess & The Frog.

Performed: Trixie.

You better not leave little mares!

A chill shot down all the little ponies backs as they looked back into the darkness of the now open wagon. Only a slight shimmer from the darkness welcomed their eyes while music continued.

I ask you to sit and transfix,

A small billow of purple smoke started to leak out from the wagon and darkness inside of it, soon starting to cover the grass the children were on.

You've seen parlour tricks
and much worse,

In a flash of dazzling lights -purple, green, yellow, blue- the wagon was lit up and the smoke disappeared in a second. What remained was "the great and powerful" Trixie standing proudly with her cape fluttering in the wind behind her.

But you've never seen all of Trixie's tricks.

The collection of school ponies started to clap their hooves together, impressed by the show of fireworks. Trixie on the other hand brushed herself off a bit and fixed her hat with a twinge of magic.

Now little mares and colts, Trixie's going to wow you with a little magic, hold tight now...

With a twist of her hat, Trixie produced a large amount of rings that started to float about her and the children.

Come on you fillies,
This is Trixie's reprise,
Just look upon my tricks and know--

Each ring flickered a moment before bursting into colourful flames being held in place along the ring forms. The rings of fire started to twirl around the children and Trixie before folding up into a ball and bursting to ash in front of Trixie.

--None can best these.

Once again, the children clapped in awe at Trixie's show. After allowing the claps sink in and go on for a moment, Trixie stomped her hoof and brought from seemingly nowhere a clutch of cards that her horn's magic started to shuffle.

I studied them all,
There's not a trick I can't do,
You can look from Applewood to Las Pegasus,

Trixie quickly broke from her stage and pulled Sweetie Belle at random to her, playfully jostling the mare's mane. "Not really. They're nothing but shams, really..." Trixie tossed Sweetie Belle back to her group, leaving the filly with a giggle at the joke.

I'm a true magic break through.

Finishing up with her shuffling of the cards, Trixie bent them all back and shot the deck over the crowd of kids. As each card fluttered above them, they clapped once again when they saw the cards were hanging above them without her magic holding it.

Fools use gimmicks,
Or lousy physics,
Or crazy magic that requires six!

Just then, the cards above the children twitched and turned into a collection of colourful birds that all went flying high into the morning sky.

But no one can do any of Trixie's tricks.

Her audience exploded into applause all for her and her tricks, to which she graciously bowed to.


That was a really fun show, cap'n!

Was it? Hm. Maybe it was... But I feel another song coming along... or on. You know, depending on how you look at it.


One by one, the school ponies all departed from Trixie's wagon after enjoying her show and collecting an autograph from the show pony herself. Before long, Trixie was all alone at her wagon, sunlight touching against her coat and mane now that her hat rested tired against her stage. Just a moment ago, she was the toast of these little ponies' town; but now? She felt... Sad. Her gaze was cast down to look at the town just behind her wagon. Ponyville. Such a rustic, one-horse, nobody... peaceful... beautiful...

Ponyville
Original: Up There - South Park
Performed: Trixie and CMC.

When I really stop to think, think about my life,
Maybe, just on the crazy chance maybe,
I could give up this strife.
And yet, I can't, it's not how my script was wrote,
I know I can't act outside the role, but why was I born to gloat?

Ponyville,
I see so much there,
From the library to the city square.
There's a role we all must play,
Oh no, oh no, this is just the way,
I can't lie and cross that hill,
To Ponyville.

Trixie sighed softly to herself, her head falling into a slump as she felt her sorrow mounting. Unbeknownst to her though, Sweetie Belle and the other crusaders came up behind her wanting to say something... But they saw Trixie's sad state and opted to saying nothing... For now.

This is not the stage I want, (WooOooOO~~)
No matter what I say. (WoooOO-WooOoo~~!)
I am a liar and a thief so I stay no matter my sway, (Wo-WoOo-Woo~~!)
Though I ask myself now, (AH-AHhH-AH~~!)
What if life is like a twine? (Woo-Woo-Wooo~~!)
If that's so than maybe I can knit to them,
And maybe be friends somewhere down the line!

Ponyville,
I see so much there,
From the library to the city square.
There's a role we all must play,
Oh yes, oh yes,~~~ this is just the way,
I can go and cross that hill, (Cross that hill!)
Cross that hill,
When I cross that hill!
In Ponyville!
Cross to Ponyville!
OHH! YEAH! WOOO!
I wish to go to Ponyville!


...That got a bit crazy there.

But I see you smiling. It was a good show.