• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 11,818 Views, 1,573 Comments

Woundsalt, Mother Bucker. - OneUppington



Meet the most cynical pony in Canterlot, who under the latest Princess' orders, moves to Ponyville to meet up with the Mane Six for his own quest to find friends. Many Swear words ensue.

  • ...
74
 1,573
 11,818

PreviousChapters Next
Better Than Drinking Alone.

“Ssss-Aaaah!”

“Yeah, it fucking stings.” Says Vinyl, from experience. “But the ice cubes in the bag are frozen potions. Keep it on your eye and it’ll be fine in no time… shit, we kept the Captain Swashbuckler at the library, didn’t we?”

“Eh, it’s fine. I have to head to the SorriNa anyway.” I tell her. “Blue wants a word with me for some reason.”

“Well, let’s not keep him waiting then.” She says as we walk away from the miraculously still intact theatre.

To say that the minutes following the punch that I had received wasn’t eventful would be lying. Not that I could recall it, of course. I was too busy being knocked out to fully witness how an angry mob of Renters chased off the griffon who punched their… er… hero.

“Who got her off me by the way?” I ask Vinyl. “Do we know?”

“Yeah… funny that.” Vinyl giggles. “It was Grandmaster Flint.”

“I’m sorry, am I concussed or did you just say the fucking mutt on her side of the team saved me?”

“Yeah! He totally did! Gave her a Celestia damn suplex!” she says, who appears to be quite happy even though she’s talking about the asshole who stole her songs. “Turns out that Gilda chick, outside of the ‘Do they know, don’t they know’ mind game they pulled, was working solo on the dirty tricks and Flint thought we were lying about what really happened to Slim. But seeing her throw that right hook gave him some clarity.”

“Well, that’s real nice of him.” I say, trying not to be sarcastic but failing. I know I should be a bit more thankful, but I got to ask: “What about the part where he took your song and practically claimed it as his own?”

“Heh, yeah. I asked about that. Apparently he was being duped by her.” She replies, still smiling. “Turns out he was training her to be a DJ. She gave him the CD after our first verse, told him she made the songs and made him play the Sad Buck track. He had no idea they were really mine.”

“... Do you actually believe that?”

“Meh. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. He practically saved your ass back there.” She chuckles as her horn glows. “He also gave quite a peace offering.”

Before I can ask what she’s on about, she reveals why her horn was glowing. She is hovering up a business card, showing me what the Diamond Dog has written on the back of it.

I think it’s safe to say we are in need of a new rapper and those were some good songs I’ve unknowingly stole. It would be great to work with the both of you in the future.

GF

“He works with quite a big record company.” She explains. “It’s fairly new, but it’s been making some huge strokes as of late with some very talented folks and doing a very bold move to take the entire operation to the Renter strip. I know you said before that you had no interest in rap before, but I was not kidding when I told you that what you did on stage was amazing and… Well, as much as I like the nightclub scene, I would love to be more recognised. Maybe… maybe we can do this?”


I look at the words on the card in thought. A job opportunity? I got a job opportunity? I… I haven’t had a job opportunity since the Canterlot Horn. Okay, I may not exactly be looking but… I feel like I have to do this. Not just for Vinyl, but for me.

“I don’t see why not.” I smile. “What’s this record company called?”

Her face changed from excitement to worry.

“Ah… see, that I needed to ask to you about.”

She flips the card over to reveal the name.

PRINTED RECORDS

“How are you with Printed Page these days?” She asks nervously. “Because he’ll be our boss if we do this.”

Ah, yes. Completely forgot about Printed Records. The little present he got from The Prints before the magazine went bust. Just a little company they made so they can say he never spent a day unemployed, with some experience running a company to boot. I think he wanted me to do a thing with it. Just read out my works and make it an audio thing to sell. I told him to go fuck himself, of course… probably a dumb move upon reflection, but hey. Tradition.

“Meh, it’s cool between us. Page’s changed quite a bit since Printed Mint passed away.”

“Shit, his dad’s dead?” She says, putting the card away. “Since when did that happen?”

“Same day as Twilight’s coronation.” I reply. “So yeah, You're probably not the only one who didn't get the news there.”

“Damn.” she says looking ahead. “And he’s taking it okay? I mean, Tavi told me that he was smashed last night. Something about his mom telling him he’s adopted?”

“Oh, ho ho… You didn’t even hear the half of it. Let’s just say it turns out Page Presser’s finding a whole lot about himself.”

...

“Page Presser? Did you just call him Page Presser? Oh shit, she… she wasn’t lying, was she?”

Well, it’s a good thing folks don’t give you personal information about themselves very often Woundsalt, you damn blabbermouth.

“She wasn’t, no.” I declare as she takes off her shades, looking so stunned it’s as if somepony shoved a zap-apple where she didn’t want one to be.

“From Saint Diamond Heart’s too, just like me.” I add. “He’s taken it well outside of the initial shock of it all. Plus he’s been on a personal quest to find himself as of late, so it’s been part of the journey really.”

“Oh... well, that’s nice.” Vinyl nods. “Must suck real hard, though. Believing these two people to be your parents for so long and then suddenly have the rug pulled from under you. I wouldn’t like that.”

“You’d rather they tell you when you were young?”

“Yeah. I’d rather have the adoption certificate framed on my bedroom wall than in some box somewhere in the attic.” She puts her shades back on. “Kinda… kinda lets you know that there are a couple of ponies there for you, y’know?”

I give her a smile for her words of wisdom. I find it fascinating how smart Vinyl is.

We look up in the stars for a little bit. I don’t know why. I just had the desire to. She must have had the same urge to as well. Fair enough, of course. Seems to be a good time to look up at Luna’s splendor and reminisce.

“You know something, Vinyl?” I say out of the blue. “I think I sort of realise now that I'm not the only pony with a few cracks.”

“... Yeah.” She says hugging tightly. “I know I got a couple. For instance, and I should tell you now so you don’t freak out about it if and when you’re around tomorrow: I won’t be able to talk. Like, at all.”

“Really? Why?”

“I don’t fucking know. My Vocal chords take a break on Fridays for no reason. Not exactly the Confused Magic Condition, but it’s quite a medical mystery. Only affects about a thousand ponies.” She explains. “I wouldn’t call it a setback, though. I get around okay. I can get my thoughts across in different ways, no problem. Got a whiteboard at home, I’ve been learning some Earsign too… that shit’s complicated as hell, man. I’ve been trying to do it for years and I still feel like a rookie.”

I nod. Earsign is the language for the hard of hearing and the mute. It’s not exactly ideal. As you may have guessed it involved flapping your ears around a lot, the result of which, to the untrained eye, makes you look more like a pony on a psychopathic ear-flapping rampage than a pony asking if the certain individual he’s attempting to talk to has the time.

“I knew an orphan who can Earsign. The only deaf pony I know, in fact.” I add to the conversation. “Kind of had a sour first impression with him because apparently this...” Uh, how did it go now…? Left up, Right up, Left down, Right down, Both left, Both right, Both left, Both right, position B, position A, and then back into the starting position. “... was me threatening to stab his deceased father thirty times with a rusted spoon. All I was doing was swatting a fly.”

“... Shit, dude. I’ve been learning Earsign since I was seven and all I got from that was that you were doing something to his dad.” My fellow stargazer sighs.

“That hard to learn, huh?”

“Yeah. And the word dad is the most basic shit.” Vinyl snickers, doing the sign for it. “Although in my defence, the way you did spoon looked like the word for panda. Pretty similar words, those two.”

“Clearly!” I can’t help but snicker along, as reach the Renter side lights. I can faintly see the outline of the black cube known as the SorriNa with my un-punched eye. The sign lights aren’t on, making quite hard to see clearly, but it’s abundantly clear that the journey is at its end.

“Let’s see that eye, there.” Vinyl whispers before we end up by the front door.

I take off the ice pack and… oh wow, I think the stuff did the trick. That feels so much better.

“Hey! Would you look at that? Good as new!” My DJ jokingly yells. “Black-eye-B-Gone! Brought to you by Zebra Potion Bullshit!”

I smile lightly at the selling pitch. “Thanks for the good time, Vinyl. I think it's safe to say I earnt a drink tonight.”

“Yeah…” She sighs, then suddenly her ears prick up like a pegasus wings in a strip club. “Say, after your little talk with Blue, maybe I'll come back and... Have a drink with you? I'm certain he won't mind.”

Looks like I've found another first: First time I'd be drinking with somebody I’d like to have a drink with. And this time I actually mean somebody and not an adorable office novelty. “I would like that a lot, actually.”

“Cool. I'll be back as fast as I can.” Vinyl Philharmonica says, turning to leave. “I just need to... uh... fix… something. See ya later!”

She ran off before I asked what she was going to fix. She did seem to have a look on her face before she left, though. The look of a mare with a plan. I... I think I'm liking that look a little more. To tell the truth, I still have an inkling of dread but it seems diminished compared to the last few times I saw it. Maybe because I'm a little too tired to chase after her and enquire what she could mean.

I knock on the door.

... I know I should be ecstatic that I finally knocked on the door without embarrassing myself, but quite frankly I just want to get in there.

I see a purple hoof open the door slowly. Behind that hoof came a kind, smiling, pierced face. Parfait D'Amour. “Oh, hey Woundsalt. How’d your Cute Mitzvah go?” The hermaphrodite asks in a joking matter. I guess everypony in town knows what's up about that now. “Something wrong with the cake?”

“Well, you know. Never been a big fan of keeping secrets.” I jokingly said back to her. “I find it leads to very embarrassing moments.”

“Heh, no kidding... Bucking A, man.” She sighs shaking her head. “The Great Unalicorn, the philosopher of Equestrian antidisestablishmentarianism, is the adopted son of the newest princess. And here I thought I’ve heard everything. Drink?”

“Yes, please. Captain Swashbuckler on rocks, thank you. Make that a double, actually. As you may have guessed it's been a hard day.” I whimper as I head on in. “... so, what's so important that Blue Curaçao wants me back here? Do you know what this thing's about?”

“Uh... About that... That might be postponed.” Blue's lavender spouse says, pointing near the stage. “Bit of an impromptu LGBT support meeting came up out of nowhere. You read Page's note he left you, right?”

I nod, turning my head to the stage. I’m a little surprised Page would still be here, actually. I thought he’d be done and headed somewhere else by now. Maybe go and get himself a hotel room to stay the night; maybe even get his dog from his mom if it’s on the way. However, there he is. Lying on the edge of the stage with the fat former bully, Blue Curaçao, sitting in a creaking chair. They both seem to be deep in thought. They also look like they’re super tired.

“… Yeah, bruddah. What you got there is a toughy.” Blue finally speaks. “She wants to be Croissant, You want him to be Baguette especially since you want to tell the world who you are... The big question dat needs to be answered is are you willing to jump on a plane, find dis pony and tell her to be him for you and live happily ever after?”

“... Wait, would that actually be happily ever after, though?” Page asks, not even really answering the old question. “She’ll be forced to be Baguette and I’ll be forcing her to be Baguette. That doesn't sound like a happy time for both of us... No. As much as that sounds like a lovely fairytale ending, it's not one for us.”

“If that's what you think then... Maybe a one night stand’s all it’s gonna be.” the Barstallion shrugs. “Probably better to have a look around closer to home, anyway. Plenty of fish in the sea, amigo, especially here on the Renter strip. I’m willing to bet there's a stallion out there waiting for a gentlecolt like you to take them off their feet... as a matter of fact, I might know a few guys. Maybe we can get some blind dates goin’?”

Page lifts up his head to look at the ponderous pegasus. “You know what? Yeah. That’ll be great. Just as long as they don’t know it’s me until the date.”

“Of course, bruddah!” The Blue whale bellows, jumping out of the chair with some implausible energy and agility. “I’ll go through my phone book and try some ponies out. Any... ‘reservations’ you want me to have in mind?”

“You mean outside of the ‘Don’t tell them it’s me’ thing?”

“Well, I got that. I’m asking if there’s anything about your date you specifically want. You know; fellow artist, into yoga, part of the Page Pack, maybe even a certain... body size, maybe? Like, I know some guys who are my kinda build who’re looking for somepony but they always say they get turned down because of dat. Not like I know, of course... would that be a problem to you?”

Page looks away shyly, being a tad more red in the cheek. “N-no. I don’t mind. I’ll... I’ll take whoever you throw at me.”

Blue nods and turns around to walk away, finally seeing me. “Hey, Hermano!” He exclaims. “How’d the rap battle go? Did Vinyl win?”

“Well, Hater got disqualified for touching the other rapper.” I had to say, giggling. “So... yeah, Vinyl won. She’ll be coming round later to celebrate with me, if you don’t mind.”

“Of course not, amigo, Of course not.” He replies waving his hoof around. “I was plannin’ to pull out the champagne, anyway. Nothin’ like a bit of bubbly to celebrate a loco week like dis, eh?”

I point at the pegasus as I head on to my former rival. “The best sentence I heard all Celestia-damn week.”

I hear him laughing as I get myself to the stage through the jungle of clean tables and empty chairs. He sits up from his position to give me his attention. “Hey, Woundsalt.” He says, rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof. “Heard what happened up at the Sugercube Corner. Sounds like it’s all out now, huh?”

“Yeah…” I sigh, jumping up on the stage. “Also, according to my magic the receptionist that started the whole fucking mess went to Wordsworth Daily to admit she’s responsible for it so... looks like they got the scoop first.”

Page makes a noise of disdain. Even though there is no Printed blood in him, what is there still boils when the rival media chain gets a major scoop first. “… I guess that's probably for the best, actually.” He eventually admits. “Since she said that it's her fault you're now a prince, all the rage would more likely be directed at her more than anyone else involved.”

“Well, here’s hoping, huh?” I exhale, looking at the lighting rig that hangs above us as we both go silent.

“So, how’d your little talk go?” I decided to ask my… you know what? Fuck it. My brother. He damn deserves being called that after today. Jumping from finding out he’s adopted to finding out he’s gay in a single fucking day. “Because it looks like you had a conversation and a half.”

“Oh shit, yeah. It’s been quite emotional.” He wheezes. “I started with what I wrote to you, which was followed by a him giving me long hug, then one of us changed the subject to how I should announce this in front of Printed Ink, which made him tell the story on how well it went when he told his brother about him and Parfait, which was followed by me giving him a longer hug because… holy fuck, his brother. I know he said they were in the same basket but... Did you know he went on a fucking hunger strike to try and break them up?”

All I can do is blink for a few moments before saying “I… I did not, no. I only re-united with Blue yesterday, so I haven’t heard what happened from his time living in the Ohana islands yet. I’m not surprised, though. Blue and Orange Curaçao were pretty homophobic back when I knew them. I’m not exactly sure what made Blue change his life to the lardass we see before us, but it seems very clear Orange didn’t share the same experience.”

“You mean…” The unicorn coughs a little. “You mean you don’t know you were the…?”

“I was the what?”

“Actually, nevermind. I just remembered that it’s the thing Blue wanted to talk to you about. It’ll wait when you two are alone.” Page says, looking away.

“Aw, c’mon man.”

“No, no. I’m keeping it a secret.” He replies, hooves up as he turns back with a grin. “You know, like how you didn’t tell me the filly you were with last night was Octavia fucking Philharmonica, you sly dog. How in all of equinity did you manage to make that happen?”

I guffaw. Oh, he didn’t know? Well, he was blind drunk, to be fair. “I had a chance meeting with her wife earlier that morning in the library. They’ve been looking for a boyfriend to have a three-way relationship with and turns out Octavia’s a huge fan so… yeah. That was our first date last night.”

“Wow, that’s great.” Page smoothly coos. “I would never have guessed she lives here… or be bisexual for that matter.”

“Yeah, it surprised me too when I found out.” Hmmm… I wonder how he will take the following information? “You may have seen her, actually. She used to perform at Fillyways.”

“Used to? You mean she…?” He pauses as his eyes light up. “She was the filly who quitted yesterday while Ink was in the restaurant and flipped off Mint’s ashes, wasn’t she?”

“Actually, she flipped off some crystal pony she didn’t get along with.” I correct. “I was the one who flipped a hoof at Ol’ Minty.”

“Oh but of course you did, you...” He laughs. The best damn laugh I ever heard come from him. “Hoo… Well, nice to know you got some vengeance. Say, I should do that. Live down here, I mean.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah, It’ll be great! I like it here, I’m already planning to move the record company down here anyway so a short commute would be great, I can sell Printed Media for a nice bit of land and build a good house on it, Satchmo’s so much happier here because he gets to go to Fluttershy’s...”

“Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, cow-colt.” Did he just say…? “You’re planning to sell Printed Media? But you were raised to run the thing! Printed Mint gave you his family business and you’re fucking throwing it away?”

“Well, I can’t pretend I need it, can I?” Page replies as his head turns to see the two at the bar who are pretending not to listen in on our conversation. Clearly they are bartenders and not actors. “Besides… I feel like that I’ve got more of a family here.”

I look out to the eavesdroppers, who seem flattered over the words they are trying desperately to pretend to not listen to. A lot has happened in this cocktail bar tonight.

“Do you want a roommate?” Suddenly came from my mouth. I don’t know what possessed me to say it, I can’t deny I was thinking about it and now that I finally given what I blurted out some thought I believe this actually can be a good thing to do. It gets me out of the library and make sure Page doesn’t fuck up in some way. I don’t exactly think he knows how to take care of a house by himself, what with living the life of luxury with maids and stuff. I don’t know how to take care of a house neither, admittedly, but I’m certain with the two of us there we can at least bounce off ideas on how it’s done.

“Is… is that you asking to…?” He questions, before realising that’s exactly what I’m asking. “Uh… yeah! Sure! You can live with me. Someponies will be a little iffy about that, though. Us two living under the same roof? Sounds like a start of a fanfiction that I had in my fanmail. And not one of the good ones.”

“Meh, let them write their stories.” I proclaim casually. “I already feel like I’m in a bad fanfic since yesterday.”

I hear a chuckle from Page Presser. “I guess being adopted by royalty is one of the most common tropes in that sort of thing.”

“That and the discovery that I have a great amount of magic inside me, this whole secret sibling debacle, all this sudden fame you opened my eyes to…” I start listing before I realising it feels like I’m blaming him for that last one. “No offence, buddy, but you got to admit that’s a lot to take in.”

“True, true… this fan fiction of yours isn’t sounding too bad, actually.” He grumbles sweetly while looking towards the lights above. “Maybe if you add in some side characters with their own life-changing and difficult problems? You know, for some snarky critic to make comparatives and parallels to?”

“Sure, why not?” I giggle. “Throw in plenty of side characters! Too many side characters to handle!”

“Maybe put this fan fiction in the perspective of yourself, too.” He continues. “That way when the minotaur manure hits the fan ponies will laugh at your reaction.”

“Easy there.” I laugh. “You almost making this sound good!”

“And you know what?” He says, cracking up a little. “Maybe give it a fated love plot where somewhere in the second act the love lead ran off for no well-known reason!”

“Woundsalt? Are… are you all right?”

“Woundsalt, talk to me, please. You being this quiet is creeping me out. Tell me to go fuck myself or something.”

“Something else happened at the Sugarcube Corner, didn’t it?”

I nod as I see a napkin come from his direction with a shaky hoof. He’s not used to me crying.

“What happened, Woundsalt?” He asks quietly.

“... What you pretty much said just now.” I start, hoping to end it there. I know I can’t. “Octavia saw what was written on the cake, I went outside panicking because… well, she was in there crying under the belief that I sold out. She… she takes my work to heart, Page. It was pretty clear since we met.”

“And that’s why she ran away?”

“No, no. She calmed down a bit when her wife told her all the details and then came out to see me. I was freaking out too much so my magic possessed me. It only wanted to help and it… it did. It defused that situation, but then she asked him why I didn’t do anything for the last five years. It said… It said...”

I need to take some deep breaths. I’m a little hysterical right now, it’s making it difficult to say…

“It said all of what he’s done was for me.”

I turn up to see her there. I turn up to see both of them there. Vinyl is only a few steps behind her with a smirk… no, not a smirk. A smile. Of course this is what she meant by ‘fix something.’

“That every day in that office he gave his all for a filly he never met.” The cellist continues. “A filly who gave him a life-changing gift. A soapbox. Not the best soapbox, of course, but with that soapbox he dedicated his life to use. Not for his own benefit, not for fans, not for fame, not to start a fight, not to start an idea… He used it for me. I never realised it until his magic told me.”

She chuckles as I notice the tear-lines on her face. They’re pretty faint, but they are there. “I’m… happy about that, Page. I really am. I used to write to him every day, you see. He never got them, I know, but... You know, it’s amazing, isn't it? Two strangers who had never met, never had any contact with each other or any clue that we were trying to make contact for that matter… And yet thought of each other day.”

She looks away for a few seconds. “... but then the Canterlot Horn closed, and the soapbox disappeared. I didn’t know where to send my letters, so… I didn’t write them. It was around the time I was at Manehattan University anyway… having the time of my life.”

I had to take a quick look at Vinyl Philharmonica. Her shades are off at she’s welling up. Also, I just noticed her horn is glowing for some reason. Huh.

“I… I had thought that all that he’d done to himself for the five years after was because it was just him. His way of saying ‘Hey, fuck the media.’ ‘I don’t need that kind of attention.’ ‘I’d rather be swimming in my own vomit than be some other rich-pony’s bitch again.’... That was what I believed was going on.” The cellist cringes. “His magic, however, showed me that was just a fallacy. That he was beating himself up because he… he had questions. Questions he was asking himself every night. He never knew that he did more than enough, so much that he became a legend. He never knew that I was watching, feeling and loving what he was doing. He didn’t even know how to answer these questions for himself; I… I feel terrible. I know it’s not really my fault, but… I feel like I let you down, Woundsalt. So I wrote this for you after I left the Re-Cute Mitzvah. Vinyl?”

Her DJ reveals why her horn is glowing. She was holding an envelope. A sky-blue envelope. It lands beside me, face up. I look back at Octavia, as a smile appears on her face. “It’s about time you got one of these, anyway.”

I look at the envelope. I want to read it, but… I feel like I need to say something first. I need to tell her…

“Octavia, I’m going to say something I’d never thought I’d ever say in my entire life. Something I thought that would be impossible to say truthfully, but… here I am. About to say it.

You, Octavia… are indescribable to me.”

She can only blink to what I just said. The reaction of almost everyone here. If anything, the only pony who gave this the reaction I believe it deserves is Page Presser, who’s widened eyes compliment his open mouth with the sudden horror of a poet admitting to such a thing. I might need to elaborate a little, maybe.

“Think about that. The pony magically connected to all the books in the world, all the scrolls, all the scripts, from ancient tablets that have never been found to those little notes in Neighjing fortune cookies... fails to give an adjective, a simile, a metaphor… anything of that nature to describe somepony. I’m… I’m full of speeches and yet I’m speechless when I'm...



… and I don’t want to change without you.”

Shit! Seriously? Halfway through my confession of love to her, I surge? Fucking CMC! I swear to Celestia if this ruins this for me I’m going to k-hey! What is she doi-ULP!

...

Well, that sudden but very emotional lunge towards me along with the just as sudden and just as emotional kiss from Octavia Philharmonica has just dispersed my fear of the surge ruining this reuniting.

Everypony else applauds as we let our embrace go slowly, only for Vinyl to come on in getting us both with a hug. The three of us can only giggle like dumb little foals.

“Well, fillies and gentlecolts.” Shouts Blue as picks up some champagne glasses and a tumbler for me and comes towards us. “I think it’s time for a toast.”

“I think you’re absolutely right, mi gorda.” Says Parfait as she takes the glasses from his husband and starts passing it around to everypony. “Woundsalt, would you do the honours?”

I nod as she gives me my rum. Hmm… what to toast? I know.

“Here’s to change.” I say, lifting my Captain Swashbuckler on rocks. “It may be hard sometimes, it may not be good sometimes, but with friends… it is all worthwhile.”

“To change!” this little party cheers as we clink our glasses together.

You know, with all the talk with Printed Page with this fanfiction called our lives, it makes me think that here, in this moment right now, would be the good way to end it. Not my life, of course, but… my story. I mean sure, there are a few questions; I want to still know who my parents are or who this sibling is and it would be nice to know if that moment with Captain Swashbuckler in the library would lead to anything. I still need to talk to the girls before they head to the Princess Summit for a few things too, especially to Pinkie about kicking me out of my own Cute-Mitzvah. And I need to write to Twilight about the lesson I learnt, now that I think about it.

… But I leave all that for the sequel called tomorrow. Now, all I want to do is sip my rum, have a good time with my friends and end this story with style.

As I feel the drink slide down my throat, I taste the satisfaction of doing exactly that.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay of this, firstly. Laptop problems aside, I should have gotten this done sooner.

Secondly, and you may have guessed by the way this chapter ends... this is it. Well, I'm still going to write an epilogue, but... this is it. The story of this stallion ends here. Why? A few reasons. I want to get into other things, for starters. Like maybe write my own original story. I have a few ideas which I would like to put down. I don't know where to put them though... Crim says I can put OG work on fanfiction.net, but I have my doubts. I should make an account there, anyway; maybe re-release Woundsalt for those literacy lunatics. If anyone knows where I can find an amateur writing site for original works, let me know.
And as bad as it sounds, another reason why I'm wrapping it up is because I also have been finding myself detached from MLP more and more each year, which makes it a little more difficult to write about it. I don't know why, maybe just laziness or time restraints. The last episode I really watched was one-hundred... Really, I feel more of a fan of the fandom than the fan of the show nowadays. That's not just me, right? Anyway, for those who want me to continue here... Maybe I can focus on my other fic while I write my story. No promises, though.

Anyway, sit tight. Epilogue is coming, along with the WALL OF AWESOME which... only has one name on it right now. If you want to be on the WALL OF AWESOME, donate a dollar to my patreon.

Happy Holidays,
Oneuppington

Twitter-Patreon

PreviousChapters Next