• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 11,825 Views, 1,573 Comments

Woundsalt, Mother Bucker. - OneUppington



Meet the most cynical pony in Canterlot, who under the latest Princess' orders, moves to Ponyville to meet up with the Mane Six for his own quest to find friends. Many Swear words ensue.

  • ...
74
 1,573
 11,825

PreviousChapters Next
Some Brother's Do 'Ave 'Em

...
“… Excuse me?”

“Well… That’s… that’s what we’re supposed to call each other, right? Isn’t… isn’t that the tradition?”

Oh thank fuck, it’s that kind of brother. Fucking Saint Diamond Heart’s and their stupid tradition almost gave me a heart attack!

“Actually, we canned that when they realised it was confusing to orphans who actually had brothers… I take it the fact we’re having this conversation is because…”

Uh… he fell on the floor before I got to finish the sentence. I better play host. “Do… do you want anything, Page?”

His head comes off the floor to say “Just let me die here, thanks.” Before colliding with the ground again.

Something tells me he wants more than that. For starters, I think he wants to be somewhere more comfortable than his current position. “Do you want to die on the couch instead?”

He rolls over to look up at me. “Is it far?”

I point to the sofa. He looks at the furniture a few steps away. “Okay.” He said, as he tries to crawl his way to it and climb his way to the lower level usually reserved for flank cheeks. Looks like he’s not fully recovered yet from last night. I better go give him a coffee.

I walk to the kitchen, looking back at the crime scene that was my former nuisance. It was clear what had happened this morning. He got woken up by Ink Print who was still mad at him for going to the SorriNa last night, he accuses her of lying about him being adopted before he left, she pulled out a certificate to prove what she said was true, so he immediately comes here for... some reason. Sympathy, I guess. Or he wanted to see my face when he said we’re from the same orphanage, which... well, I bet it was priceless. Or at least just to get away from his mom and have a good rest. He does look like he needs the latter.

...I can’t believe I jumped to that conclusion, right now. Of course he meant Saint Diamond Heart metaphorical ‘brother’ and not actual brother! After Fluttershy doing that mistake, I do the same the day after! Goddess-damn, that was dumb of me! It must be that sentence making me jump to that conclusion. ‘You have a sibling.’ Shit, I’m still happy those four words were together like that. I’m willing to cut out that sentence, buy a frame and put it up somewhere for me to admire for the next time life throws me a curveball. Oh, what’s that universe? I’m caught in the rain? Don’t care; I have a sibling. Onderlandwah actually proven to be dangerous and now any children I make is going to have three eyes? Don’t care; I have a sibling. It turns out somepony wants to crucify me because they think I’m their messiah? Don’t care; I have a sibling. Printed Page turns out to actually be my actual brother?

Ah. That might not work to make me feel better in that situation… Mainly because it’s the problem. But seriously, what the fuck’s the likelihood of two ponies who knew each other for a mass majority of their life who live in the same city who both have magic… and now that I think about it, our birthdays are pretty close together like two separate ponies in two separate rooms tried to estimate the age of two separate babies that were found in the same basket…

You know, I kind of want it to be somepony else. No offence to… Whatever his real name is on the sofa in the next room, but I kind of wanted somepony I didn’t know yet. Somepony that won’t make this sound like something fresh out of a sit-com. Is that too much to ask? Somepony who besides from that brief time in the basket hasn’t met me my entire life as my brother or sister? Not somepony I know? Not somepony I’ve been annoyed at for my entire life?

Not him?

I better ask him his personal choice of hot beverage.

“Hey, I’m making us both some coffee. Do you want any cream or…”

You know how you forgot one thing to do and because of that leads to a chain of events you’re not proud of? Don’t you hate it when that happens? Well, guess what? I’m in one of those chain of events right now. I forgot to put the biology book away which means it was just open on the arm rest of the sofa. Right on the pages of CMC.

Guess what he is looking at right now?

And he’s put two and two together. I know that look on his face. That is the look on his face that indicates that he has calculated why such a book would be out like that, open to this certain section. He points at the book and then points to me. I think he wants me to confirm his calculation.

I nod.

“Wow. That’s… Wow.” He says, stunned. I’m just waiting for him to ask me something stupid about it. “So… you have prophetical dreams?”

Oh. Here I thought he’ll ask about the tears first. “Yeah. Actually had one about the mare in the book last night.”

He takes off his shades… even behind the redness I see the twinkle in his blue eyes. I think he wants to know what I dreamt.

“She’s, uh… doesn’t have the best ending.”

The twinkle disappears.

“Sorry to hear that.” He said. “Forgive me for asking but… what happened to her?”

Well, if he wants to know…

“She went a little nuts after predicting her father’s death so… she went out the Pegasi Way.”

… I don’t like the sudden silence. I better break…

“You… you have a form of omnipresence? Like how she does?”

Or wait until he does. That’s fine by me.

“Yeah… Everything that’s written down, I know about.”

“Everything?”

“Well, my magic needs to look for it, but… yeah.”

He puts his hoof up to his chin. He’s thinking.

“… Can you… can you find me?”

“What?”

“I mean my name. Sorry, still a little… fucked in the head.”

“Oh, right… Is this some kind of test?”

“Kind of.” He said, rubbing one hoof to the other. “See, I didn’t really catch my name when Mo… Ink Print threw the certificate at me.”

Stopped himself from calling Ink her mom. That’s… a thing. I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. All I know is, it’s a thing.

Right. Page’s real name… Certificates… Ink Print and Printed Mint… Here.

This Certificate is to signify that We,

PRINTED MINT AND INK PRINT

are now the legal guardians of

PRINTED PAGE PRESSER

Under the eyes of Princess Celestia and Saint Diamond Heart Orphanage.

“…TO ALL WHO NEED IT MOST”

“It says Printed Page Presser.” I say out loud. “They add on the family name to yours wherever the guardians find suitable. So that means your name is…”

“Page Presser.” He concludes, and then eventually smiles. “That does suit me better. I mean, hell, my cutie mark is a printing press!”

I smile along until the kettle whistles. Then he winces. It is a little loud for a hangover.

“Sorry… You want some coffee?”

“Try need… Milk with two sugars, thanks.” He whimpers as he rubs his forehead. “Maybe some headache tablets, if there’s any.”

I walk back into the kitchen. It’s pretty clear he’s a little broken here, but I’m glad he’s fixing himself up quickly.

“You know,” I hear. “I always did want a brother… now, I got more than plenty! And a lot of sisters too!”

“You could say that.” I giggle. “So out of all the stuff they gave you, that’s the one thing they didn’t?”

“Yeah!” Mister Presser exclaims. “Or was it… Yeah, it was me wanting them to adopt you so you can be my brother!”

… I stick my head out of the kitchen.

“Fucking… seriously?”

“Yeah! Come to think of it, Ink telling me this means she gave me it anyway, right?”

“Well sure, but… fucking seriously?”

He sighs, still smiling.

“Look Wound, I get that you thought I was an annoying little shit back then. Fuck, I know I was an annoying little shit back then. However, if there was anything I felt the same now as back then it’s that… I just feel happy to be around you. That you’re in my life. That ponies send me stories about us… granted, most of them has one of us being screwed by the other, but I’m not happy because of that part! I’m happy that we’re there for each other in those things! I’m… I’m happy you’re here now. Sure, you aren’t here for me and this little thing with Princess Twilight is for you and… shit dude, if there is anyone who deserves all you have right now, it’s you! But… I’m happy you’re here for me right now. Where no-one in what I should be calling my family isn’t. You... you were the best brother I never had.”

“I… I got a letter from Canterlot…”

Author's Note:

Sorry for toying with your emotions again guys.

... Can I ask you all a question? I'm doing a bit of thinking about this fic and the newer one, and I... I have a feeling that maybe I should can that new idea, that I should just stick to the 'Salt. I know there maybe some of you who might be interested in My Hairless Monkey, but Woundsalt... It's sort of one of those things I need 100% focus on doing to get it as it is. Any others are going to be distracting or I draw a blank to... I don't want MHM to go out like ERRA did, but... what do you guys think?

PreviousChapters Next