• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 11,825 Views, 1,573 Comments

Woundsalt, Mother Bucker. - OneUppington



Meet the most cynical pony in Canterlot, who under the latest Princess' orders, moves to Ponyville to meet up with the Mane Six for his own quest to find friends. Many Swear words ensue.

  • ...
74
 1,573
 11,825

PreviousChapters Next
Last Night of my Life

I figured she’d say no to my question.

Wouldn’t stop me drinking tonight, anyway.

I stumble around the orphanage courtyard singing, with a smile on my face and a bottle that used to contain the last of my booze behind me. I look like a mess, smell like a swamp hydra’s curry night and stumbling around like a puppet on strings. This, of course, is my usual state when I’m off to visit my 'mother.'

Two fat balding unicorns with light blue coats, both looking as angry as each other, come storming toward me. Even in the manner that I am right now, I can clearly see both of them are the visage of my ‘best friend’, Doctor Brainstorm. Goody.

“How in the name of Celestia did you do it?” he whispers quietly. “I leave you with a chance to change yourself for the better, and you refuse it for some stupid scheme that’s BOUND not to work.”

“Stupid scheme?” I reply, probably a bit too loud. “At least her idea didn’t involve an experimental spell which could endanger my life AND anyone else around me. Isn’t that kind of shit against the Hippocratic Oath?”

Both Brainstorms are silent. Usually, when he’s silent like this is either because he thinks I have a point or too pissed off to continue the conversation. Both are possible in this case. He points at the bottle behind me, obviously changing the subject.

“Seriously?”

I look at the bottle. “The last of my stash. Can’t take it where I’m going. Princess’ orders.”

“Ah, so she’s tackling your alcoholism as well.” He says with a smile as we walk to Saint Diamond Heart. He’s starting to enjoy this now. “What did you say to her to make her take such drastic actions?”

Should I tell him about that ancient civilisation? Not as if he knows it. I don’t know it either and I’m the one who brought it up. Maybe I mentioned this Chariotora place to him before…

“I mentioned something that interested her in another outburst.”

“Another?” He whispers with a hint of surprise in his tone. “Two outbursts in that short amount of time. Not a record, but wow.”

“I was pissed because of your plan, okay?! Anyway, apparently I mentioned some document that only she and the Royal Sisters know about. Some city called Chariotora getting destroyed, and the citizens had their ruler killed because of it. It was so long ago, the document is the only thing left that proves its existence.”

Both of his faces look puzzled. “How did you know about it?”

“That’s what she’d like to know. Did I say something like this in our sessions?”

“Not really.” Brainstorm says “However, most of your rants reference books. That is, in between the cheap shots about my weight and hairline.”

I can clearly see he’s fishing for an apology for wasting his life and probably his career. I don’t want to, but I have to give him something. Closest pony I had as a friend here…

“For what it’s worth, thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being there, from the very beginning.”

He’s happy. Finally, the hatchet has been buried.

“Just promise me one thing. This… scheme Princess Twilight made. Don’t mess it up.”

I’m little bit surprised by this. “I thought you hate the scheme.”

"I do, but… My idea was a last resort. She, from the kindness that came from her heart, gave you a second chance. If you goof it up, she will probably have no choice but my option. I… know you don’t want that, and I know she doesn’t want that. I definitely know I don’t want that. I hope this works. I think it won’t, but I hope.”

When he said that, we reached the statue of Diamond Heart. He turned back to look at me. He knows I’ve got to say goodbye to her. “Just talk to her quickly before waking everyone up again.”

As he walked away, I looked at the mare. I always wondered why the birds never want to poop on her. Every other statue, they do it freely, but not her. Even the animals think she’s pure. I don’t see the purity.

“Hello, mother.”

“I met a princess today. Never thought I was able to do that, did you?”

“Not only that, but she’s going to move me out of here. Ponyville. I hear it’s a lot quieter than Canterlot. Not as quiet as you though.”

“You know, since this is the last of our little talks, I have to say it. You are not as bad a mother as I say you are.

“Okay, yeah, I’m lying through my teeth. I blame you for everything wrong with me, but I don’t think it was entirely your fault. I’m certain that mother’s instinct could have said I’d be the next Discord and you’d still keep me, it’s just that you had a reason. I know you had some reason; you were too young, you couldn’t afford to keep me, I was a lovechild from your affair with some rich celebrity and you wished to keep it a secret from the paparazzi; anything!”

“I tell you what, I’m certain Princess Sparkle can look in the Canterlot records to find you. All I have to do is ask her. Then, maybe we’ll organise a meet or something. Then you can tell me your reason. I know you will have a reason.”

I know.

I Hope.

FEATHERLIGHT

I hope this letter, unlike the others, prevail long enough for any pony to heed its warning.

I am currently writing this in the remains of the city I had lived in for all of my life. It’s houses were always built tall, little knowing it would be easier for it to be pulled down. It was so, for Chariotora.

We were told that Ironsight saw everything, but he was blind to how crippled his city was. All he saw was the wars with the outsiders; never the one that brewed within. It was this war that defeated him: not the one against dogs, not the one against walking blasphemers, not the one against horned warlocks and witches. His own pegasi, the ones he had downtrodden, starved and even punished so that he shall remain king.

Because of this lie, a group within the rebellion against this dictator decided to do what has never been done before. As soon as his palace was invaded, they had cut off Ironsight’s mark. No longer is there a symbol of axes and bows creating an eye on the flank of our leader.

Now he has no mark. Now we have no ruler.

For anypony willing to rule us former Chariotorians, heed this warning. We Pegasi know how to fight. Understand.

Author's Note:

So, I've been doing pictures...
Chapter Two

PreviousChapters Next