• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 2,725 Views, 61 Comments

A Red and Green brush - Netherweaver



Twilight misfires a spell and a Human ends up in Equestria. Well, he was a human...

  • ...
9
 61
 2,725

Chapter Twelve: How much?!

About two weeks had passed, and my job at Sweet Apple Acres was raking in the bits, not that we needed them with Luna's endless treasury, but I needed them for something else...

Elliott groaned, asking the same question for about the fourteenth time;

"Where are we going and why couldn't Luna and Dash come?"

"Chill out, we're almost there." I said as we approached our undisclosed location. "Here we are..."

"The jewellers? Oh, that's why they couldn't come." Elliott said, suddenly having an epiphany.

"Yes, that's why, oh master of the blatantly obvious." I sighed. We entered the shop, and while he started wandering around entranced by all the glittering jewellery, I went straight to the counter. "Where are the engagement earrings please?" The mare behind the counter pointed towards a large stand, and went back to working on a large golden chain. I went over and looked through the items, but none of them took my fancy, as they were all very bright and would look out of place on a pony as dark as Luna. I sighed, and continued looking. I noticed a small earring with a single, brilliant-cut amethyst. The material it was made of was as black as night. My heart soared as I imagined Luna wearing it. "'Scuse me, how much is this one?" I called to the shop owner, pointing at the earring.

"About two thousand bits for a pair, it took so many tries to carve the haematite right." She said.

"Bloody Hell! Seriously?!" I exclaimed, shocked at the price tag. "Well, only the best for my princess..." I sighed, opening the bag of money that hung around my neck. "That's damn near all my money, looks like I'm not getting any other presents for her." I handed over the money, and the shopkeeper opened the cabinet.

"Who's the lucky mare?" she asked. I presumed she didn't get out much because Luna rarely disguised herself these days.

"Princess Luna." I said back. She reeled back in shock.

"Wow..." she said, picking herself up off the floor. "I need to get out more... I suppose you're going to want one to match, right?"

"Yes, but I don't want an earring... I need one for my finger." She looked as if I'd just sprouted another head. I just transformed into my human form and showed her the finger the ring would go on. "You've missed quite a lot I guess. Me and Luna have been living together for a few months, and I'm actually a human. That's about all of my story that I'm willing to share."

"Erm, Okay, I'll just take a rough measurement of how big you need the ring. You want it to match? Might take a while to get another amethyst of that quality." The shopkeeper said, desperately trying to keep herself busy to keep her mind off of the complete derp she'd just had.

"No, I have a different crystal in mind. Could I borrow that cutter for a second?" I said, knowing that this would freak her out. She passed me the cutter. "Do you mind if I go somewhere private?" She unlocked the door to the workshop. I drew the diamond-edged cutter across my palm, sealing the wound almost instantly to let only a small amount of blood out. I then worked the blood into the purest crystal I could, and as it became clearer, the currents of life inside the blood became visible through the crystal. "Perfect." I stepped back outside and handed her the crystal, and thankfully she didn't ask any questions.

"I'll have this done in the morning, though you can have the earring now if you want it." She said, pushing a very fancy box towards me over the counter. I took it.

"Thanks a bunch!" I said to her, grabbing Elliott by the ear and dragging him outside. "Got it! Now lets go find our mares. I wonder where they are?" I said without drawing breath.

"Rainbow said something about reconstituting her house now that Cloudsdale is back at 100%, and Luna said she'd gather some guard pegasi to help." He said, twisting out of my grip. "How do you manage to get the painful part of my ear every single freaking time?"

"Practice." I said back. "Let's go find them."

"How? I can't fly." Poof.

"Can now." I said as I made a pair of wings appear on his body. "Sometimes I don't regret lacking telekinesis." I chuckled as he flapped them tentatively.

"Dammit, y u no warn me when you do shit like this?" He said, imitating the meme from earth.

"Because it's fun not to!" I said, taking to the skies. He followed and we flew around Ponyville looking for Luna and Rainbow. There was an almighty crack from above us and we looked up to see a ring-shaped rainbow explode.

"There she is!" Elliott said. I looked at him confused. "It's Dash's signature move!" He explained. I saw a rainbow coloured streak plummeting directly at us. Elliott just darted slightly to the right and grabbed Dash out of her dive. "Gotcha!" Dash was laughing as Luna flew down next to me.

"We finished up at her house and decided to do some flight exercises." Luna said. "I'm hungry, wanna go grab something to eat?"

"Sure!" I said. "Perfeeect" I added mentally, stroking a small white cat in my mind. We flew over to Dash and Elliott, who were happily embracing without actually plummeting to their deaths. "Hey guys, you up for getting something to eat?" I asked as I put my head right next to theirs, while flying upside down. Pinkie taught me that trick.

"Food!" Elliott said, drooling slightly as he released Dash. I laughed at his usual reaction.

"It's decided. Lets go!" I said, continuing to fly upside down as we headed towards a restaurant. As we landed, I saw Spike looking up at me.

"Dude, That's creepy." He said.

"Pinkie taught me how to do it."

"Makes sense." We walked into the restaurant, and once we had sat down and ordered our meals I decided to pop the question. I swear that everyone in the room looked at me when I got down on one knee in front of Luna.

"Luna, you've made my life a brighter place. Your stars send my heart racing, and there's only one thing that could make me even happier; will you marry me?" I said, my heart practically trying to explode. I had to crystallise most of my blood to stop myself from fainting.

"Oh... my... oh wow... I... YES!" she stuttered, her heart almost beating as fast as mine. I let my blood go as I flung my arms around her. I let go of her and retrieved the ring from my pocket. I opened the box, and fastened the ring onto her ear. She squeaked as it went through, but I numbed the pain. "I love you Max." A huge cheer suddenly went up from the other customers in the restaurant, I looked around to see them all stamping their forelegs on the floor in applause. Just then Elliott did what I knew he would.

"Food's here!" He said, making us all laugh. The speakers flared up as news of my proposal somehow reached the DJ.

"This here song goes out to the lucky stallion marrying Princess Luna!" The voice of the DJ growled over the system. "I know I'm jealous! Hey, Tavi... *Thunk* Ouch! Totally worth it!" and with that the DJ clicked off her microphone. We all tucked into our meals. When we had finished our meals, we all coughed up the money we owed, and went outside. What we didn't expect to see were the five other elements of Harmony. Pinkie dragged us all to Sugarcube corner, where she had already set up a party.

"How did you..." I said, utterly confounded by the pink mare once again.

"Pinkie Sense!" she said back. Then she hit an invisible switch, and the party started...