• Published 5th Feb 2012
  • 2,725 Views, 61 Comments

A Red and Green brush - Netherweaver



Twilight misfires a spell and a Human ends up in Equestria. Well, he was a human...

  • ...
9
 61
 2,725

Chapter Ten: Recovery

Chapter Ten...

It had been 3 months since Nightmare night, and Luna still refused to leave the house. The elements came to visit every so often, and had all become worried about Luna's reluctance to go outside. They had tried everything, but she was still worried. Most days, she would just sit with me, worrying about what would happen if she went outside. Would everyone hate her? Would they call her a murderer?

I heard knocking at the door and went to answer it. All of the elements were stood outside.

"Max? we're really worried about Brush, could you let us in please?" Asked Twilight. I let them all in, showing them into the living room where Luna was wrapped up in a duvet. "Princess? Are you okay?" Twilight asked. Luna just nodded her head. "Please come outside Luna, everyone is really worried, and nopony holds what you did against you." Twilight said. Luna just shook her head.

"Luna, darling, everypony is worried sick about you; and staying cooped up inside is just going to make you ill dear." Rarity said, trying to soothe the terrified princess.

"Come on Luna, everything will be okay, we promise." Fluttershy added. I heard another knock at the door. I went to open it to find Celestia stood over a pile of shattered wood. She was frantically looking around.

"Luna's just through here Tia." I said, putting a comforting hand on the alicorn's shoulder. I hadn't left my human form since the incident, as I was still feeling a bit paranoid myself. She shot past me into the room, and as I caught up I saw she had scooped her younger sister into a hug, and was whispering comfortingly into her ear. Luna was sobbing, letting out all the emotions she had been bottling up over the past three months.

"Thanks for coming Princess." Said Twilight. Celestia didn't even look up from her little sister, worry etched onto her face. Luna suddenly stopped crying and stood up. She walked over to me, and grabbed me in a hug.

"I'm sorry for worrying you so much Max." She said, still sniffling a bit. I was so happy to see her back to normal I picked her up (which was no easy feat by any means) and spun her around. She squealed with delight, and everyone was so overjoyed to see her happy again that no-one noticed Pinkie's party cannon. The house erupted with sound as she hit the fire button, and I don't think anyone escaped the blast radius.

Thankfully, the party was over before it was even afternoon. Illidan was sitting on my shoulder, and Luna was howling with laughter at my pirate act. Celestia stayed for the entire party, ignoring every reminder her assistant sent her about a meeting with Blueblood. Fluttershy had to go and look after some animals, and Twilight had to look after Spike as he was feeling ill. After everyone else had left, Rarity grabbed me, and started to frog-march me to her boutique. Luna galloped after us, trying to keep up.

"You simply must let me make you them clothes I promised dear, You've been wearing those trousers for too long!" Rarity insisted, and I was in no position to argue, as even with constant cleaning my trousers were getting a bit worn. Luna finally caught up with us, and she was already feeling the effects of the fresh air, her mane had become less tangled and messy, and her coat was starting to gain some colour back after its fading. She was smiling properly for the first time in weeks.

"Rarity! Wait up! Max isn't the only one who needs new clothes!" she giggled. We finally arrived outside the boutique, and Rarity threw me through the door. Almost as soon as Luna got inside the door slammed and the 'open' sign switched to 'closed'. Rarity began measuring me, and was finished incredibly quickly. She then measured Luna, and as soon as she was done she started quizzing me over what I wanted.

"What style do you want the trousers in?" She asked.

"Erm... Baggy, with large pockets on the outside on the side of the knees, pockets at the sides on top and behind, camouflage pattern, dark greens or desert tans." I said, remembering my pair of combat trousers at home.

"Mhm, and what about shirts?" She continued as she scribbled away at designs for my new trousers.

"Some like this, but with wing holes, and some with writing on, if you would be so kind." I said, hoping that the writing wouldn't be too much hassle.

"Me? You're the one being kind Max, giving me all of these wonderful ideas!" Rarity squealed with delight. "Now, what about undergarments?" she asked.

"Loose shorts, like the trousers, but in a less rugged material. They don't have to have any pattern." I said, trying not to blush.

"Easy! Now, Luna, what about you?" she said, analysing Luna's body.

"Erm... could you make me some dresses like the one Fluttershy wore to the gala?" Luna asked shyly.

"Of course, now, what colours..." Rarity muttered to herself, thinking of a colour scheme to match Luna's coat perfectly. "IDEA!" She said as a thought hit her. "Out! I need to work!" She said, pushing the two of us outside abruptly.

It was a few days later, and Rarity had summoned us to her 'Temple to fashion'. We entered to see her stood in front of a large theatrical curtain.

"Hello dears, I have your new clothes just behind here!" She said, looking like she was about to have a 'Pinkie' as she was so damned excited. "Please, sit!" She gestured towards some seats she had set up for us. We sat, and the curtain slowly raised. As we saw her designs we almost exploded out of sheer joy. The combats she had made for me were perfect, and the shirts were amazing. Luna's dresses matched her perfectly. We got up and walked over to the stands, and up close the clothes were even more awesome. "Well? Do you like them?"

"Like them? They're perfect Rarity!" Luna and I squealed in union.

"This is the. Best. Possible. Thing!" Rarity said, hugging us both tightly. "Now, about them shirts with text on them..." Rarity muttered, levitating a second bundle of blank shirts over.

When we finally arrived home, we unpacked out new clothes into the wardrobe and drawers, and I chanced into a clean set of clothes. Feeling refreshed, we went downstairs. Illidan approved of my new look, and cawed loudly as I let him out of his cage. We decided to go for a meal, and we decided to try Sugarcube corner again. We walked there slowly, Illidan flying behind us. As we arrived, Pinkie shot out of the door and tackled us to the ground.

"OhmygoshIloveyournewclothes.Itssogoodtoseeyoubetternowprincess!" she said as she pinned us to the ground

"Pinkie... some of us need air..." Luna gasped, and Pinkie stood back up. We laughed and walked up to the counter, picking something to eat. Luna chose a big pink doughnut, and I had a slice of chocolate cake. We ate, chatting back and forth with the ponies around us, who were all excited to see their princess in a good mood. As we finished up, there was a loud THUD as something slammed through the wall.