• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 408 Views, 2 Comments

A Pair Of Aces - Bronies Zack and Nicos



[GuestFic] Rainbow Dash decides to teach Fluttershy how to "really use those wings". What could possibly go wrong...?

  • ...
 2
 408

Prolouge: Beginnings

MLP-FIM: A Pair of Aces

By AwesomelyMe0728

Prologue: Beginnings

"It's RIGHT THERE! Can't you reach it?" demanded Rainbow Dash as she nodded towards the cookbook perched on the top of the tall bookshelf. Rainbow Dash was meanwhile frantically trying to shove cupcake icing into a metal bowl.

"I can't!" whispered Fluttershy, stretching for the book. "I'm even standing on my tippy-toes!"

Rainbow Dash sighed, stopped what she was doing and flew up to the book and retrieved it. She handed the book to the animal caretaker.

"There are things called WINGS, and you USE THEM." said Rainbow Dash sarcastically. Fluttershy tried to hide behind the book.

"Well, uh, you see, I don't, you know, really, um, use them that much." stuttered Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash recoiled.

"Are you SERIOUS?!" shouted Rainbow Dash, half smiling. "You're a pegasus, and you should be proud! In fact, I think I might just teach you how to fly. Like me."

"Well, um, actually, I-" started Fluttershy.

"We start tomorrow morning. Meet me in the fields." stated Rainbow Dash.

"But, uh-" began the pink and yellow pony.

"But what? You can't start tomorrow?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Um, n-" whispered Fluttershy.

"You want to start TODAY?"

"Uh, actu-"

"Okay then, today at 3:00 in the fields. See you there!" Rainbow Dahs remarked as she trotted out of Fluttershy's cottage with the bowl of cupcake icing. Fluttershy began to sweat.

Oh dear oh dear, what am I going to do? thought Fluttershy. If I don't be there and bail, then Rainbow Dash will be disappointed in me and I can't let that happen so-sigh-I'll have to go there.

Fluttershy sighed again, and promptly fainted.