• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 1,677 Views, 106 Comments

Guardians - Pen Brush



In the end, each of you will die and only Celestia will be left alive." Nightmare

  • ...
3
 106
 1,677

Truth

It was a early happy morning for the Guardians as they woke up. The first got up, stretched, and got a new set of clothes before walking outside and... Finding a passed out Luna face first in the floor with her rump in the air.


“... I told you that giving her Cotton candy was a bad idea!” The first shouted back to the second, the second opened her eyes and sat up.


“I never said it was a good idea.” She said, getting out of bed.


“And look at what happened.” The first said snickering.


“I see, and I think Celestia threw her out.” The second laughed


“I believe you. I’ll go put her back in her bed, you go get stuff for breakfast.” The first said as he picked up Luna and walked to her room.


“She kept me up all night!” Celestia said when he opened the door. “Asking me about why I have a sun on my flank and about why I don't taste like marshmallows when she bit me!”


“Told you, you weren’t going to bed.” He said snickering. “Go on and get to the table for breakfast. I’ll make you some coffee.”


“Coffee stunts your growth I thought.” Celestia said, walking out of her room.


“Eh... Sometimes. Only when you drink like whole pots a day. One cup isn’t going to do anything.” The first said as he walked over and put Luna in her bed.


“Ok.” Celestia said walking towards the kitchen. The first just chuckled and went to Sombra’s and Discord’s room.


“Okay you two lazy bones! Wake up! Time for a new day of-”


“NINJA!!” Sombra screamed as he flung the door open and latched onto the first’s face. The first let out a yelp and fell backwards all the while Sombra was giggling like crazy.


“Damn it Sombra.” The first said as he began to chuckle. Discord just rolled his eyes and walked by them to the kitchen as The first picked up Sombra and did the same. Chrysalis was already awake and at the table when they came in, as well as Celestia whose head was on the table.


“I see Sombra is still fluffy.” The second said laughing as she walked over to him and petted him.


“Ninja!” He whispered as he smiled evilly and thought about who he hadn’t pounced yet. The first simply chuckled and put him in a chair as he walked over and began to make some pancakes for breakfast.


“I am going to brush your fur after breakfast sombra.” The second said as she sat down at the table. “Is Celestia sleeping?” She asked looking at her.


“Nooooo!” Sombra whined. “I like being all fluffy!I don’t want to go back to being all unfluffy! Like Marshmallow!”


“You're starting to look less fluffy since you woke up Sombra.” The second pointed out, shaking Celestia softly.


“Uhhh...” Celestia muttered, not lifting her head.


“Oh fine. but I won’t like it.” Sombra said pouting. That was when Chrysalis let out a loud sneeze and was suddenly engulfed in green flames before another Celestia was sitting at the table.


“Excuse me.” Chrysalis/Celestia said as she rubbed her nose.


“You’re getting better at changing into others, you got Celestia’s voice right this time.” The second noted, smiling.


“Wait, I am a Marshmallow now?” Chrysalis asked as she looked at her hoof. Then she gently bit it. “Nope. Still don’t taste like Marshmallows.”


“Celestia isn’t a Marshmallow Chrysalis.” The second laughed, and Celestia lifted her head and opened her bloodshot eyes.


“Swiss cheese.” She muttered before putting her head back down.


“Hmmm... I wonder.” Sombra said as he hopped off the table and went to Celestia before putting his fur against her head. “Does this make you sleepy?”


“No...Luna did that enough....” Celestia muttered.


“Aw... Buzzkill.” Sombra said as he hopped back over to his seat.


“Tia maybe you should go back to bed.” The first said.


“You were going to make me coffee!” Celestia said putting her head up, “Why is there another me?” She asked, looking at Chrysalis.


“Because you are hallucinating!” Chrysalis said as she waved her arms in a circle. “WhoooOOoooOooOOoooo.”


“Hallucinations don’t talk.” Celestia said simply.


“Oh fine. Be a killjoy.” Chrysalis said changing back. The first laughed again as he brought a stack of pancakes to the table and placed a bottle of syrup next to them. Everyone began to dig in, except for Chrysalis. Celestia leaned over to Chrysalis.


“Why don’t you ever eat? Aren't you hungry ever?” Celestia asked curiously.


“Um... Sometimes, but that is usually when I am not near you guys. Then it just goes away. Plus all this food makes me a little queasy. So I just drink water instead.” Chrysalis said shrugging.


“That’s a little weird...” Celestia said, starting to eat again.


“Says Ms. Butt Drawing.” Chrysalis said snickering.


“I didn't make it appear.” Celestia said, drinking some of her coffee.


“And I didn’t choose how my eating habits occur.” Chrysalis countered.


“Touche.” Celestia said as she put the coffee mug down.


“So what is everyone doing today?” The first asked as he ate some of his pancakes. Before anyone could answer a sleepy luna walked in and sat down on a chair.


“I want to get a mark like Celestia.” She said, looking at Celestia.


“Well... Maybe retracing your steps and figuring out how Celestia got hers might help.” The first said. “That’s what I did after I flipped a car by accident when I made a dirt mountain.”


“I just noticed...the sun isn't in the sky.” The second said, looking out a window.


“Oh no! I broke the sun!” Celestia said terrified.


“What?” The first said. “That is silly Tia. It’s probably just going up late. The seasons do change ya know.”


“I know they change, but the sun doesn’t come out late.” Celestia said.


“And why would you freak out over you breaking the sun?” The first said giving her a parental glare.


“Because...I moved it?” Celestia asked weakly.


“... Tia that is just plain silly.” The first said shaking his head.


“She did move it, she moved it to save me.” Luna muttered sleepily.


“Oh?” The first said. “I’m listening.”


“Saving me and Sombra...” Luna muttered, before her head hit the table and she fell into a light sleep.


“... Tia care to explain?” The first said.


“MUD!” Celestia yelled, her eyes looking left and right.


“......” The first blinked.


“Um.. Me and Luna.. Maaaay or may not have... Gone into the forest.” Sombra muttered out.


“What sombra?” The second asked, unable to hear his soft reply.


“We may have gone into the forest.” He mumbled out again.


“Sombra... What are you saying?” The first said with his parental glare now on Sombra.


“ME AND LUNA WENT INTO THE FOREST!” He shouted before covering his head with his hooves.


“Sombra, we gave you these rules to protect you, going into the forest you could have gotten hurt.” The second said disapprovingly.


“I’m sorry.” He said hanging his head.


“Sorry...” Luna muttered in her sleep.


“Well we aren’t going to let this go unpunished. But more importantly what does Tia moving the sun have to do with this?” The first asked.


“I had to keep the sun up so we could save them from quicksand so you wouldn't come looking for us!” Celestia confessed, putting her head on the table to hide. The first just sighed and leaned back in his chair.


“You guys know, we would have been less upset if you just came and got us right?” The first said.


“But Luna said you guys would be angry, so we shouldn’t have told you!” Chrysalis argued.


“Well, yes we would be upset because you disobeyed us, but the punishment would have been lighter or no punishment at all if you just told us.” The first said.


“I told them about disobeying and Discord said that we aren't soldiers.” Celestia said, lifting her head up from the table and looking at Discord.


“Well he was right about the soldiers part. But if you are all alright... I guess that the punishment won’t be too severe.” The first said as he weaved his finger together and placed them under his chin.


“I was following Sombra...” Luna muttered, not lifting her head.


“Hey that’s not fair! You suggested it!” Sombra whined.


“No I didnt, im innocent, don’t put me in jail.” Luna muttered.


“Someone go put Luna back into her bed.” The first said sighing. “As for the rest of you... I am going to think of a punishment so until then, everyone into the living room.”


“Should I try lifting the sun so we aren't in darkness?” Celestia asked weakly, using her magic to put Luna into the bedroom.


“No.” The first said with a small parental glare. “Now march.” The kids all sighed and marched into the living room. The first just sighed and looked to the second with a stoic expression.


“Can’t wait for the teen years.” He said sarcastically.


“Probably better than the human teen years.” The second said, thinking of the bright side.


“Only by a fraction... Maybe.” The first said with his tone turning a bit sour.


“Didn’t you read a book about mares when they get older? I guess the teen years wont be so fun for Luna, Celestia or Chrysalis...” The second said.


“Yeah... Their heat.” The first said making air quotes. “I am sure they’ll be fine. You know a few herbs that may help, so there we go. Now I am going to go have a ‘talk’ with those kids. ”


“Alright, I will see if Luna is sleeping this time.” The second said, getting up from the table and walking into Luna and Celestia’s bedroom.


“Please, I’d rather not see her face first in the floor again.” The first said as he went to the living room. Celestia was looking at the ground and didn't look up when he came in. He crossed his arms and looked at all of them before he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.


“Okay you guys all know the long speech of ‘Why you aren’t supposed to do that’, so I am going to cut to the chase.” The first said. “Sombra, when Luna wakes up you and her are going to be grounded for a month.”


“AW WH-” Sombra started.


“You hush up mister.” The first said as his eyes narrowed making Sombra retract a bit. “You know damn well, me and your mother said not to do that. And you did it anyway.”


“BUT-” Sombra tried again.


“I don’t care who’s idea it was, or even if there was a flying purple monkey involved. You and Luna are grounded and that’s final, understand?” The first said in a firm tone.


“But there was a flying purple monkey...” Sombra said weakly.


“What was that?” The first said.


“Nevermind...” Sombra said laying his head down.


“Discord, Chrysalis... Celestia.” The first began again gaining their attention. “Since you all went in to help Sombra and Luna I am not going to be as severe as Sombra and Luna’s punishment. You all are going to be grounded for a week.”


“But!” Chrysalis and Discord began.


“You didn’t come back to get me or your mother. So you are still being punished.” The first said.


“Ok.” Celestia said sadly.


“Good. And you all know the rules. No movies, no going outside, and especially no staying up late like you all seem to love to do.” The first said.


“I don't like sleeping late.” Celestia said.


“It doesn’t matter. Now all of you go to your rooms while I go outside and try to figure out what is going on with the sun’s rotations.” The first said as he went to the front door and walked out.


“Yes sir...” They all mumbled as they sulked off to their rooms. Celestia opened her door to see the second guardian talking to Luna.


“Hello Celestia.” The second said when she saw her.


“Hi...Dad sent us to our rooms as punishment.” Celestia said.


“Punishment for what?” Luna asked, worried.


“Punishment for you going into the forest, and you’re grounded for the month.” Celestia said. Luna’s lip started to quiver and her eyes filled with tears as she started to cry.


“I just wanted to see the monkeyyy!” She wailed.


“What...” The second guardian asked confused.


“Its nothing.” Celestia said, walking over to her bed and sitting on it.


“FUCKING STUPID SOLAR SYSTEM!” The first bellowed from outside.


“And your father is angry at the solar system again...” The second said, getting up and walking out of the room, leaving Celestia to comfort Luna. The first walked past the door grumbling something angrily as he paced into his room and came out with a large telescope as he walked back outside.


“You have to stop swearing around them, it isn't good for them.” The second said as she caught up to him.


“Fine, I’ll say BUCK!” He shouted as he stumped his toe against the door. “Yeah... That’ll work.” And he limped outside.


“Good enough.” The second said, watching him set up the telescope.


“Stupid sun not rising out of the stupid sky. Stupid planet. Stupid everything.” The first one grumbled as he finished setting up the telescope and looked through it.


“What do you see?” The second asked. The first ground his teeth for a moment before sighing and standing up straight.


“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not even a star.” He said as he looked up into the black sky. “Like someone took a bucket of ink and dropped it in a pool.”


“What are we supposed to do now?” The second asked, looking at the black sky. The first sat down and sighed before lifting his head.


“Go get Tia... She said something about the sun moving. She might help me figure out what is going on.” The first said as he put his face in his hands.


“Ok.” The second said, walking back into the house and into Celestia’s room.


“Celestia, your dad wants you.” The second said, picking up the still crying Luna.


“Ok...” Celestia said, as she walked out of her room and walked outside. If it wasn’t for The first banging his head against the side of the building he would have probably noticed Tia.


“Uhh...” Celestia said, looking at him awkwardly.


“Why?” Clang. “Can’t?” Clang. “I figure?” Clang clang. “This?” CLANG! “OUT!?” CLANG! He sighed and rubbed his now aching forehead.


“Because...I said I moved the sun and it won’t move back?” Celestia asked.


“Tia, I am sorry, but that is not how it works. The sun is probably just moved out of it’s position and we are drifting away from it.” The first said sighing.


“...I will show you.” Celestia said, using her magic to reach out to the sun again, feeling the same warmth as before, but a new feeling as well: love. The sun moved up and the sky glowed with a golden light as it appeared, and she let her magic go.


The first simply blinked. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow then shook his head. “Now you are grounded for two weeks for messing with our planet’s light source.” He said as he walked back into the building. “And then you get a party with presents for saving our lives.”


Celestia sighed and walked back inside and walked to her room before lying down on her bed. The second put a now sleeping Luna back on her bed and walked out of the bedroom.


“I am going to my lab to do... Something. I don’t know. I just need to cool my mind off.” The first said as he walked into a room that lead into a staircase going down.

“Ok.” The second said, sitting down at the kitchen table.