• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 625 Views, 11 Comments

Rules Are Made To Be Broken - Right To Derp



A short story faming our rebelious spirit, Rainbow Dash, as she meets a boy who pushes her limits-To the point of doing some crazy things.

  • ...
3
 11
 625

Chapter One:: Something Broken Besides Rules

“No way.” Rainbow Dash said simply, a smirk plastered on her face as she repeated what had been said several times in the same conversation so far today.

“What do you mean, ‘No way’?” The confused reply came from the violet haired unicorn, Twilight Sparkle.

“I mean I’m never going to fall in love.” Dash said, twirling a lock of red and orange hair between two fingers. This same conversation had been going back and forth between the two friends for most of the afternoon as the pair lazed in the shade. “I mean, it would just be stupid, 'cause being in love would distract me from my immense awesomeness- Plus, no one else is as cool as me. It just wouldn’t work.”

Twilight rolled her eyes as a small grin spread across her face. “Yeah, sure. Whatever, Dash. Anyways, we have to head to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack said something about Derpy Hooves freaking out, so she wanted me to come over and check it out.” The unicorn paused for a moment, “Knowing Derpy, it’s probably nothing.” Twilight Sparkle finished with a dismissive shrug.

As the pegasus used her blue wings to lift herself off of the ground, Rainbow Dash gave a curt nod. As if it was not enough, the girl of fifteen voiced her agreement, “Yeah. Let’s go.” Getting an idea, Rainbow Dash smirked at the non-winged girl beside her before soaring off into the sky, leaving a multicolored trail in her wake.

The slightly agitated Twilight let out a huff of frustration as she made the journey on foot. Not long after, the violet haired girl reached Sweet Apple Acres, where a set of blue wings could be seen, attached to the grinning image of Rainbow Dash. “Thanks.” Twilight Sparkle sighed, frowning at Dash, “Now, where is-” The unicorn was cut off as she was bowled over by a blonde pegasus in a grey T-shirt.

“Well, there y’all are! Derpy, get off a’ her!” Twilight, still slightly dazed, felt herself being pulled out from under Derpy Hooves and off of the ground.

The clumsy blonde crawled over to the unicorn on all fours, smiling up at her with her honey colored, slightly off center, eyes. “Sorry.” She giggled, falling back onto her backside while still grinning sheepishly at Twilight Sparkle. “That happens lots. Right, Applejack?” she said, turning her wall-eyed gaze to the slightly darker blonde standing next to Twilight.

Applejack rolled her eyes in turn, planting her hand on her hip with a small smile. “Whatever you say, Derpy. You okay, Miss Twilight?” The girl asked, turning her head to look at Twilight.

“Yes, I believe so. Anyway, why did you call us down here?” Twilight asked, shaking her head before getting straight to the point.

“Oh, right! I almost forgot! Yeah, well I was just out here applebuckin,’ when Derpy Hooves came flyin’-more like fallin,’ actually-over to me, hootin’ and hollerin’ about something terrible that had happened. When I tried to ask her more about it, I couldn’t get a word a’ sense out of her.” Applejack finished, as the pegasus beside her nodded vigorously.

Bending down to her level, Twilight smiled at Derpy, hoping to get something useful from the girl, “Hey, Derpy Hooves, could you tell me what happened?” she asked, glancing at Rainbow Dash, who was now leaning in to listen.

“Please, Twilight, call me Derpy.” The girl giggled, “And suree I can. I was outside, when I heard a real loud noise, so I went to see what it was, and I saw this big pile full of dirt. When I got closer, I fell on the pile of dirt, and it made a noise, so I came here and ran into Applejack. The end.” Derpy Hooves grinned, throwing her hands into the air once she was finished talking.

Twilight sighed in relief; at least she wouldn’t have to figure out any sort of ‘hidden messages’ Derpy gave her today. “Thanks, Derpy. Now where was this?” The unicorn questioned.

“Oh, I know this! It was under the pile of dirt. The pile of dirt was by some trees. I’d know it when I saw it.” The blonde grinned, happy to be helpful.

Whoops, spoke too soon. Twilight Sparkle sighed and looked down at her feet for a moment before continuing. “Okay, I guess we had better get going, then. Lead the way, Derpy.” The blonde pulled herself to her feet, but as quickly as she got up, Derpy fell back down again, and after a quick recovery, Twilight Sparkle helped the girl up.

Applejack, after deciding to tag along, ended up leading most of the way, with Derpy Hooves giving confusing directions from beside Twilight, whom was having trouble decoding them, herself. “Here, here, here!” Derpy suddenly shouted as they rounded the same corner for the third time. The blonde then released Twilight Sparkle’s arm, which she had been gripping tightly for most of the walk, and bounding towards a clump of trees. The three other girls followed, and two let out a gasp at the scene before them.

Lying on the grass, mostly covered with dirt was the huddled figure of a boy about their age, and at a closer look, he was obviously unconscious.

“Wha-what happened?” Twilight probed, alternating her indigo gaze from the unconscious figure huddled before her, to the still grinning Derpy Hooves, whom was not aware of the severity of the situation. The pegasus looked back at her, sort of, and shrugged her shoulders.

The only one who didn’t seem impressed by any of this was Rainbow Dash, who had leaned against a nearby tree with an arrogant smirk. “Eh, I’ve had worse wipeouts.” She said with a shrug, silencing as Twilight shot her a glare.

“Well,” Applejack said slowly, removing her hat and fanning her face with it for a moment, “I guess we’d better stop standin’ ‘round like a bunch ‘a apple trees, and head over to Fluttershy’s. Ain’t nopony better with all ‘a that healing stuff than Fluttershy-” the blonde paused for a moment, “No offense, Twilight.” Applejack finished awkwardly.

“None taken, AJ. Let’s go.” Twilight replied swiftly, preparing to walk again-at least this time she would have Applejack to walk with.

< ---------- >

The concern on Fluttershy’s pale face was obvious as she muttered, “Oh, oh my.” The pegasus pulled her loose yellow sweater up so that it covered her right shoulder, biting her lip nervously as she looked at the mess-of-a-boy that was now sprawled across her kitchen table. His face and clothes were still coated in soil, but his features were more prominent. He had slightly longer, dark hair that complimented his darker complexion well. From what it looked like, the teenager was wearing what seemed to be ripped jeans and a blue hoodie. The attractiveness of the stranger had little to no effect on Dash, who was glaring at him as through it would wake him.

Rainbow Dash swept her gaze over to her friends, pausing on her fellow pegasi, “I say, we just take him back to where we found him. Any other votes for my idea?” she asked with a grin. The rainbow haired teenager slumped over with a sigh as she was responded with an empty silence.

“Well if that’s our only idea, let’s check out ‘is Cutie Mark. Maybe that’ll give us a hint to who he is.” Applejack nonchalantly replied, raising an eyebrow at Dash. Twilight nodded, hesitant to lift the boy’s shirt to the point where she could see his waist. “U-um, little help Dash?” Twilight said, glancing over to the girl on the couch as she bit her lip.

Rainbow Dash grumbled as she trudged over to the table, mumbling, “Sissies, a bunch of sissies.” As the girl reached the table, she quickly reached for his sweatshirt before-

“Hey! Hands off- Ya’ gotta’ ask first.” The four girls jumped back in surprise, Derpy still completely oblivious, as the previously unconscious boy snapped open his eyes with a devious grin. He then moved to sit up, failing as he fell back, twisting his face as pain swept over him.

As three of the girls regained their composures, Fluttershy continued to stare wide-eyed at the boy on the table. Shaking her head, Twilight Sparkle stepped towards him, “Don’t try to get up-“

“What are you gonna’ do? Let me go.” He interrupted, cringing again as Twilight pushed him back down. Judging by the fact that Twilight hadn’t much strength and how easily he was silenced, the unicorn knew he was hurt more than they’d thought.

“Shut up. What’s your name?” Rainbow Dash snapped, leaning against the wall opposite.

“Well, which is it? Do you want me to shut up, or tell you my name, beautiful?” he remarked with a wink. Dash rolled her eyes, returning the smirk with much less of the flirty attitude the boy was showing. “Name’s Treble- And I’m nothing but it.” He smirked, holding back a laugh at his own joke.

She flipped her multicolored hair back over her shoulder with a toss of her head. “Hilarious. Now, stop flirting with me or someone’ll loose a tooth or two.” Dash remarked as she cracked her knuckles.

“You’re cute when you’re mad, did you know that-?” Before Treble could finish the flirty comment, Dash’s fist connected with his jaw and he was out cold once again.

Author's Note:

I hope you Bronies enjoyed Chapter One, Two coming soon! I love how oblivious Derpy was to everything, and how squeemish Twi was.

I have high hopes for this story!

I'd love some critique ((How do you spell that?))!

Comments ( 11 )

Very well done

>>Sycrande
Well thank you!

Oh, and if you guys like//dislike it, I'd appreciate it if you commented, too. I'd like to know what I did right//wrong. c:

//Mobile

Great work. Really enjoy the concept and the presentation, and it's just the first chapter!
I think you will go far my friend!

I need more

Comment posted by Right To Derp deleted Apr 2nd, 2013

You shall get more once I finish second chapter. And let me tell you;; There shall be Derpy. :moustache:

this was very good and i liked how you made rainbow dash act like she would in the show and im very exited for chapter 2
p.s. i forgot to mention I LOVE DITZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

need moar now! how long does it take you to publish a chapter

Weeeeeeeell, I am a bit busy by the fault of school, but this weekend I may be able to finish Chapter two..:twilightsheepish: Heheh, maybe.

Lights out for the fool who flirts with Rainbow... :rainbowlaugh:

I'm really confused. Are they human, or ponies, or both? Please, make up your mind! :raritydespair:

Login or register to comment