• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 369 Views, 5 Comments

Scaly Elements - SweatyFaggot

  • ...
8
 5
 369

Good Morning

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The loud cry wakes up both Twilight and Dunite. Twilight looks out the window quickly. Looks like it's sunrise. She looks around in panic, to notice that Dunite seems to be squirming. For somewhere near Dunite's belly appears a frightened & angry Spike, lashing out at Dunite in fear.

"Hey, hey, calm down, child!," Dunite shouted, trying to catch the kid so he could calm him down.

"Spike, relax! It's alright," Twilight shouted over the scuffle.

Eventually, Spike seemed to calm down. He slid off of Dunite, landing on his bottom, panting heavily. After a while, he manages to speak up, "Sorry, I just woke up to see a dragon's face and I kind of freaked out."

Dunite stood up, making Spike (who had been leaning on him), fall over. Dunite helped Spike back up carefull, apologizing. After Spike pouted and told him to go away, Dunite looked at Twilight, "Thanks for the hospitality, but I really do need to get back to work on my abode."

Before Twilight could say anything, the dragon turned to leave. What really caught her tongue was that she had a good view of his sides in the morning light. Going across his side was a barely visible scar, like it had been there a while and faded over time. The scar was placed where, seemingly, the wings would go...

_________________________________________________________________________

Dunite was heading back to his cave when he heard a mare scream. He turned a little too late to see a white blur zip around in front of him. A white unicorn mare looked up at him with disdain on her face. She had a wavy, purple mane curled to look fashionable, along with cyan makeup to match her cutie mark. Gems?... Why would a woman like this be a miner? Unless she makes jewelry or something...

"Green?! GREEEN!? Darling, you must-," The white unicorn stopped suddenly, and looked scared as if she had just noticed him in full, "DRAGON, IT'S A DRAGON, A GREEN ONE! RUN!"

The mare took off, and seemed to zig-zag like he was chasing her & she wanted to throw him off. ...She moves awfully fast for a unicorn. If that's the reaction every one of these ponies is going to give me, then i'm in for a long day. Wait... Why did she say I was green like it was a bad thing?

He humphed as he went to continue his way home. However, when he turned his head...

"Gah!," He exclaimed, taking a few steps back from the pink face that had somehow ended up in his face.

This other mare in front of him wore a smile on her face. She was pink... All pink! Except for her eyes & cutie mark. She had pink fur along with a darker pink, curly mane. She had bright, blue eyes. Looking at her hooves, Dunite noticed that she had stilts on her hooves. That explains that...

"Hi, my name's Pinkie Pie! Ooh, ooh, are you a dragon? I know a dragon! Are you new to Ponyville, huh huh huh?," She spewed out, fast enough to be confused for one sentence. Dunite had a bad feeling about this... However, he was never one to discredit someone right away. Maybe she didn't take coffee well; he knew the feeling.

"Oh, um... Hello, my name is Dunite, and yes, I am a dragon. I am new to the Everfree, but I did come into town," He answered, extending a claw as an introduction.

She gasped and somehow managed to smile bigger, and started bouncing on the stilts, "Oh! We need to throw you a surprise welcome party! Except now it's not much of a surprise, but hey, I didn't tell you anything! Oh, oh, I need to go get my welcome wagon! I think I left it at Cranky's...," She continued rambling, stumbling as she ran off. Dunite lowered his claw and watched her go.

...

I should probably go. The dragon took off at a high speed, rather not wanting to know what this, 'welcome wagon,' was.
_____________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day was spent digging out the rubble without any interruptions. Dunite finally stepped back down into his lovely home. Not exactly lovely, but it's what Dunite loved. In the far right corner was a large & old fishing net, hooked into the walls to make a sort of makeshift hammock. Around the room was an assortment of old machinery. To be more accurate, machinery for smithing and refining. In the far left corner was a desk (clawmade, from the looks of it), where an assortment of papers where stuffed in the drawers and on the top. Not exactly for paperpushing, but Dunite used to have a habit of drawing when he was younger and he figured the drawings were too precious to throw away. Although he did not enjoy drawing anymore, his old drawings still symbolized him as a person, and he could never bring himself to throw them away.

All of the things in the room where either found or made by Dunite himself. He had moved them here from his old home.

Exhausted from the work, he sighed with relief and made his way over to his makeshift net hammock. He curled up, and fell asleep.