• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 369 Views, 5 Comments

Scaly Elements - SweatyFaggot

  • ...
8
 5
 369

In Equestria

The birds took off squawking over the treetops of the Everfree as a loud clamor could be heard.

A light green dragon was laying on the ground, panting on the ground in front of a cave. Well, it was a cave before it caved in. The pile of rocks covered the entrance, making entry impossible to whatever lay behind the pile. The dragon slowly stood, looking back at the so-called cave with a frown.

"Darn animals, always weakening the earth so that it crumbles," He growled. Unlike most dragons who sought homes in high places, this particular dragon preferred the opposite, tunneling beneath the earth to not only create a home, but to work as well. Underground homes had their disadvantages, though... Like caving in. Making an underground home was proving troublesome. There were many underground critters in the area, and the abundance of trees did not help make the earth more suitable. The cave, as you may have guessed, was what was supposed to be the dragon's new home.

The dragon contemplated on what to do. Well, 3 days of work down the drain. I'm just going to have to dig this rubble up later to get back into cave... Might as well go into town and see what stores they have. With his mind made, the dragon made way for the clock tower looming over the treetops.
_________________________________________________________________________

After a short while, the dragon arrived in a field, where he had a full view of the town. The grass was green, the flowers were in bloom, and the weather was nice on such a sunny day. The dragon looked to the skies, where he saw pegasi in the clouds. They were not working, however; they seemed to be playing a game. The dragon smiled as he remembered days long past.

As he turned his gaze back into the field, he noticed a purple object that stood out among the green grass like a sore claw. Wait... What exactly about a sore claw sticks out anyway? The dragon shook the thought out of his head as he took a few steps closer to get a better view.

It was a pony, a purple pony. A mare, the dragon could tell, as she was somewhat smaller with a thinner physique and long eyelashes. She was laying on her belly with her legs under herself, and reading a rather large looking tome. She had darker hair, with 2 streaks of pink and purple in her mane. Then the dragon noticed the creature next to this mare, which seemed to be telling an exciting tale, one of which the mare did not seem to be listening to.

That's... A baby dragon? What is that doing unattended?

The dragon stepped out from the cover of the forest, making a beeline for the other dragon.

Author's Note:

I am a rather blunt person, and that reflects in my writing; so, if these chapters happen to be a bit shorter than you would like, I apologize. If you can believe, I had to crank out this chapter to be longer than when I first started.
Also, this is my first fanfiction; input is appreciated and so please do not be too harsh.