• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 2,672 Views, 99 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Gaia Prevails - John Colt



The Wastelands! Where everyone is his special kind of crazy. I can, however, claim that I'm special! Nightmare freaking Moon wants me to be her new host. Umm... fun stuff...

  • ...
12
 99
 2,672

Introduction

Introduction

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria...

...there came an era when the ideals of friendship gave way to greed, selfishness, paranoia, and jealousy. The two major nations of this world have built parts of their vastly growing economy and technology on the resources that only the other nation can provide: the zebra’s coal to power the pony’s engines, and the pony’s crystals to be used in the zebra’s object-based magic. This didn’t go well for a long time and the inevitable happened: war broke out, and in all the chaos, mistakes were made, and the war grew worse.

As yet another mistake, Princess Celestia saw herself unfit to rule Equestria, and her younger sister, Princess Luna, took the throne and reformed the nation's government entirely. Six Ministries were created to take on various aspects of the war. Power fell into the hooves of corporations, and the greed and selfishness that started the war only increased.

Then there came the good intentions and the faith in the equines' good nature. Both sides were given a weapon; it was so destructive that it was meant to terrify both nations into ending the bloodshed, once they realized these ‘Megaspells’ would not only destroy the nations, but all of life and poison the land for future generations. But it only takes a few people who have... more flexible morals.

Balefire, Pink Cloud, Dark Magic, Annihilation, Salt Cube, and more were enhanced to bring all kinds of devastation to the land. While not every inch of the world burned, and some survived, magical radiation quickly spread across the land, contaminating it. Most of the survivors had taken refuge in enormous underground bunkers, called ‘Stables’. When their decentents slowly returned to the surface they found it much like they have left it: in chaos.



Fallout: Equestria - Gaia Prevails