• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 2,056 Views, 112 Comments

Thirty Minutes of Fabulosity - Esle Ynopemos



A collection of short stories and vignettes featuring everyone's favorite fashionista.

  • ...
3
 112
 2,056

25: Friendship and Frozen Facilities [Comedy]

((Prompt: The Mane Six are sent on an official mission while their cutie marks are still mixed up.))

Rarity took a deep breath through her nose and gave a happy sigh. Canterlot was so lovely in the springtime. The gleaming white towers stood out so nicely in the sun. And when it rained, it made the air smell so fresh and inviting. Oh, and she couldn't forget about those late spring frosts, always keeping her on the tips of her hooves! Inspiration struck her: what if all of those happened at once? Spring in all its facets, there for ponies to experience! She lit up her horn to start her work, but stopped as she noticed Twilight talking.

“Okay girls,” Twilight said, pacing before the five of them at the gate to the palace. “Princess Celestia needs us. She was a little vague on exactly what, but that probably means it's urgent.”

Rarity nodded with her friends. Besides, even if it wasn't urgent, one never turned down a request from royalty.

Pinkie Pie raised a hoof. “Can we make it quick, please? I've got apples to fix and a broken cart to buck.”

“Shouldn't that be the other way around?” Twilight asked. She immediately dismissed it with a shake of her head. “Anyways, yes, we will make this quick. The Princess said this had something to do with weather, so Rainbow Dash, you come with me. The rest of you wait here in case we need backup.”

Rainbow rubbed the back of her neck. “Um, if it's weather stuff, shouldn't you take Rarity? I'm not the one with an awesome cloud on my butt.”

Rarity nodded in agreement. “I don't mean to question you leadership, darling, but as crudely as Rainbow put it, she has a point. Weather has been my special talent since...” She put a hoof to her chin. “...You know, I can't quite remember when it was, but I am sure it has been a while.”

Twilight's eyes flickered to Rarity's flank, and she rubbed her temples. “Okay, fine, Rarity, you come with me. The rest of you...” She waved her hoof at them. “Just try not to start any fires.”

“Wait,” Applejack said, digging through her saddlebags. “I made hats... er, scarves. Uh, hat-scarves?” She distributed some mismatched scraps of sewn-together cloth that a reasonably disturbed individual might assume were meant to be worn on the head. Rarity did her best to keep from screaming out loud as hers was placed over the top of her mane.

Fluttershy held hers up. “These are nice,” she said, “...not!” She looked around, and coughed quietly into her hoof. “...Except, really, they are. They're very nice. I'm sorry.” She hid behind her mane.

Twilight sighed. “Come on, Rarity, let's go.”

Rather than meeting Celestia in her grand throne room, Twilight and Rarity were led to a small building that stood alone a few paces outside of the main palace. Twilight knocked on the door. “Princess Celestia?”

The door opened just a crack, and the solar princess poked her head out of the gap. “Ah, my faithful student! I am very glad to see you!” Her eyes drifted to Rarity's flank, and she raised an eyebrow at Twilight.

Rarity was not certain why ponies kept doing that today. Sure, she possessed a shapely posterior and a fine, bold cutie mark, but she saw no reason why ponies should keep staring like that.

Twilight cleared her throat. “That's, uh, something we're working on, currently.” It sounded like an explanation for something, but Rarity could not guess what. It must be a teacher-student sort of thing.

“Well,” Princess Celestia said, “it might explain a few things, actually.” She pushed the door wider to reveal that her royal hindquarters were encased in a block of snow and ice. “Like why there is a blizzard in my privy.”

“Aha!” Rarity exclaimed. “So that's where that snowcloud got off to!”