• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 1,320 Views, 16 Comments

Wings on Fire - Nobody Special



Ryan had a normal life. Well so he thought. When he suddenly gets abducted by aliens.

  • ...
5
 16
 1,320

Chapter 1: Aliens

It was a normal Wednesday night, and I was going to sleep. I was so tired that I didn't even bother to take off my clothes. I did manage to drag myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth though. I examined myself in the mirror as I went through my nightly cleanliness routine. The same brown-haired, brown-eyed, uninteresting face stared back at me as always. I finished brushing my teeth and went to bed. Before I went to sleep though, a huge light flooded into my window from outside.

''Urg what is this light? Is it the neighbor again?'' I pondered to myself as I stepped out of bed.

When I walked to the window to shout at the neighbors, I got blinded by the light and passed out.


*********************************


I woke up feeling cold metal under me. I was almost to scared to open my eyes. Why was there suddenly metal? What the hell had happened? I reluctantly opened my eyes and saw three figures. The first one was orange, tall, skinny, and mostly humanoid. It had three eyes and one antenna on it’s head though, along with a complete lack of hair. The second one was blue, small, and fat. This one had one eye and five antennas, as well as a complete lack of hair again. The third one looked like a human even right down to its blonde hair, but he had crab claws instead of arms.

''Oh he’s awake.'' the orange one said.

''It’s so ugly.'' the blue one muttered disgustedly.

''Says the fat guy.'' I countered. I guess the pure terror was kicking me right into ‘asshole’ mode.

''I’ll have you know that where I come from, I’m considered to be quite in shape!'' the blue one sputtered angrily.

''What planet are you from? Planet Fatass?'' I retorted again with a smug look on my face.

''Oh! You're little bi-”

''Xigon, knock it off! Xih, tighten the straps.'' The human with claws ordered in a very level-headed way.

''Yes Zarr!'' the other two beings obeyed at the same time. The orange one, Xih I guessed, tightened some metal straps around my legs and arms. The blue one, Xigon apparently, eyed me with hatred while the other being worked. The human-ish one, Zarr, looked at me with a smugly.

''So, this must be... some kind of abduction, right?'' I asked. My level of panic was so high that I had come full-circle and was thinking rationally. “Why abduct me?”

''Right now its not your business, but it will be soon.'' Zarr said, still refusing to drop the smug expression.

''You're not going to probe me, are you?'' I asked, a little bit of my panic seeping into my voice.

Zarr's smug grin grew to a full-out smile. ''Not unless you want us to.”

''No... no thank you.'' I quipped.

''Good. Xih, Xigon, let's go. Our 'guest' need some rest.'' Zarr ordered. The other aliens lined up and walked out with him.

''Yes Zarr!'' They shouted as they followed Zarr. They walked out of a big, circular, metal door which slid shut behind them. Now I was all alone.

****************************

I laid there for an immeasurable amount of time. I had no idea when they would come back or how long I’d been there. In fact, the only notable thing that had happened the entire time was a huge wave of... motion that passed through the room. I knew no other way to describe it. All I knew was that there was a huge sense of everything moving at once, even though nothing changed positions. Other than that though, above all else, even the panic, this place...

Was boring! I had sat here and done nothing for what felt like ages! In a fit of desire to actually do something, I flailed around on the table. Curiously, my metal bindings seemed to move with my flailing. Out of curiosity, I began struggling against my bindings. Not only were the flexible, but they were breaking. A wave of excitement washed over me, I could get free! I focused on my right arm first, applied all my strength into pulling against my bond and...

*snap* The metal broke away! Upon closer inspection of the bond, it appeared to be made of... aluminum. Thin, pliable, aluminum. I had no idea why they would make bonds out of that, but it didn’t matter. I snapped the rest of my bonds and prepared to slide off of the table when I heard voices.

“Alright, we are to begin testing procedure one. Try not to kill this one in the process again, Xigon.” Zarr’s voice resonated into my chamber.

“No promises with this one... Planet Fatass...” my least favorite alien replied. In a last, desperate action to remain un-probed, I threw myself back down on the table and pretended to be asleep for all I was worth. I heard the door slide open and prayed that they didn’t bother to look at my bindings. Sure enough, I heard all three of them approach the table.

“Surprise motherfuckers!” I cried as I opened my eyes and jumped up on the table. I delivered a quick kick to the nearest face, which happened to be Xih’s.

''Ahhh you BITCH!’’ Xih yelled, but I didn’t exactly care. In the same moment, I leapt from the table and kicked Xigon in the groin.

''Ahh my four balls!’’ Xigon groaned. I wasn’t sure if I should feel inferior due to ball count, or wonder why he had shouted the number out loud. In any case, I moved again and I was now standing in front of Zarr. He looked surprised.

''How?’’ he asked, but I didn’t answer him. I just punched him in the face and he fell to the ground clutching his nose. Now that all three of them were on the floor I quickly made a run for it. I knew they wouldn’t stay down too long, so I dashed out of the door and into a long, cylindrical hall. Sure enough, before I had even gotten very far, a huge siren started sounding off and blue lights began flashing everywhere.

*Subject Escaped* *Subject Escaped* A metallic voice shouted along with the siren.

“Oh crap!” I shouted as soon as the alarm started sounding. From somewhere nearby, a stampede-like sound began to echo down the halls. There were more beings, lots of them by the sound of it, coming to get me. I began sprinting down the halls, desperate to not get caught. I turned countless times, quickly losing myself in the maze of halls. I didn’t run into any of my pursuers for a long time, but eventually, my luck ran out.

“There he is!” A deep, gravelly voice shouted. I didn’t bother to turn and look, I just took off in the opposite direction that the voice had come from. The hall I ran down led to one last curve, then...

Nothing. It was a dead end. I began to lose hope. There was no way out! What had I even been planning in the first place? How had I wanted to get off this ship or whatever it was? I had been doomed from the start. Then, I noticed something. Along the right wall, there were many circular holes in the wall. I immediately decided to jump in one. Even if it led to some sort of trash incinerator, it would be better than alien probing and dissection. I landed in something I couldn’t even hope to identify. In the front of whatever I was in, there were tons of screens and buttons. Which my feet had hit in my jump. I lifted my foot to see a compressed, huge green button.

“Uhhh... what does this button do?”

*psssshhhh* A hissing sound emanated from all around me.

*Heading to Planet Equein* A metallic female voice stated... well, metallically.

''Planet WHAT!?’’ I yelled as a floating sensation took hold over me. I got a small sense of vertigo as the pod presumably took off towards its destination. After only a short feeling flight, things began to get bumpy. Through the window I saw that the pod was on fire. It was then I knew that I was in a planet’s atmosphere. Before the pod crash landed I got a tingly feeling on my back, not that it was my immediate concern.

“OH MY GO--”

*BOOM*

*************************************

For the longest time, sat in the pod, still as a statue. A small part of me wondered if I was even still alive. I was pretty sure I was. I didn't feel dead, anyway. Upon impact, airbags of some sort had deployed all around me. So, despite the massive impact, I was actually pretty unharmed.

"Alright... I should get out of this thing..." I whispered to myself.

*Request Acknowledged* The metallic voice stated. The part of the pod that I assumed was the top seperated from the rest of the ship. I was greeted by a rush of cold air as the pod opened, and for a moment worried the air would be poisonous or something.

"Do not move from thine position!" someone shouted from in front of me. It was dark, I couldn't see who it was because my eyes hadn't adjusted yet.

"What? Who's there?" I began to pull myself out of the pod.

"We ordered thou to not move!" the voice, a female voice, shouted. A bolt of dark blue energy whizzed by my head and hit the seat of the pod.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Uhh... Let's just calm down here! No need for the shooting and stuff!" my eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness. What I saw next, convinced me I was dead, or had hit my head really hard in the impact.

There was a big, dark blue horse with a horn and wings that had just shot a laser at me with her horn standing about twenty feet from the pod.

Author's Note:

Huge Thank you to Sharky White for the help.