• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 3,527 Views, 250 Comments

My Little Overlord - pchn00



Overlord Laharl gets dumped in Equestria. Princess Twilight Sparkle has to find a way to get him back home. Shennanigans ensue!

  • ...
7
 250
 3,527

Chapter 8: The Overlord of Equestria

Chapter 8: The Overlord of Equestria

“No way. No way! Rarity is one thing! But Applejack too?!” Rainbow Dash was not pleased in the least. After the town had been released from Linette’s control she, along with everypony else had been slowly recovering. Of course when she saw the towering armored form of the demonically enhanced Applejack she immediately protested.

Rarity sighed. “Whatever is the matter now Rainbow Dash? It was an emergency. Laharl and I could have very well been killed.”

For her part, Applejack seemed more interested in examining the armor now adorning her much larger frame. “Sure is shiny. This all comes off right?”

Rarity and Rainbow Dash exchanged a brief look of ‘how should we know?’ “I’m sure it will Applejack. Twilight or Laharl would no doubt know how to remove it. I’d try my hoof at it myself only my magic seeps to slip around your armor.”

The earth pony mare eyed the glossy metal plates with a new eye. “No kiddin’? So magic don’t work huh? I just figured that Linette critter was all flash like Trixie.” She brightened suddenly. “Well you gals have fun takin’ care of whatever… All this is! I’m gonna head home and challenge Mac to a hoof wrestle! Can’t wait t’see the look on his face when I trounce him!”

Ignoring Dash’s protests and the occasional pony knocked on their rear by her thunderous passing Applejack merrily trotted toward Sweet Apple Acres. Eyes blazing now, Rainbow Dash whirled on Rarity. “Me too!”

Reluctantly the demonic mare looked away from the mirror she’d been adjusting her mane in. “You too what darling?”

“Make me… Like you guys!”

Rarity softly clicked her tongue. “I’m not sure that’s such a good idea Rainbow Dash. Laharl seemed a bit put out by my sharing with Sweetie and Applejack. Twilight didn’t seem overly enthusiastic either.”

“Sweetie Belle?! You shared the cool demon mana with HER too?! Now you HAVE to share it with me! You just know she’s gonna pass it on to Applebloom and Scootaloo! I can’t be the ONLY pony in Ponyville without cool demon mana!”

Rarity’s eyes widened suddenly. “Oh my. You don’t really think Sweetie Belle would do that do you?”

Rainbow just leveled a deadpan look her way.

Eyes closed, Rarity heaved a long suffering sigh. “Oh of course she would.”

Rainbow Dash was on her knees, hooves together and begging up at Rarity. She was even unleashing the huge adorable ‘filly eyes’ at her. “Please Rarity! Pleasepleasepleeeeeeeease! I can’t have Applejack getting such a huge advantage over me!”

About to rebuke her yet again Rarity paused. The half-finished line of pegasi dresses requiring a model sprang to mind. “I suppose I’d be willing to share. One one condition!”

Rainbow nodded rapidly and climbed back to her hooves. “Anything!”

A malicious glint entered Rarity’s eye. “Well then, to the boutique.”

Suddenly Rainbow Dash began to wonder if keeping up with her rival was really worth it or not.

***

Twilight was leading Laharl and a surprisingly spry on her hooves Linette back to the library. The young Princess regarded the new pony curiously. “How is it you’re so capable on your hooves while Laharl can’t take two steps without tripping all over himself?”

Ignoring the protests of the Overlord, Linette smiled softly to Twilight. “After my time as a Prinny ended I spent some time as a fenris wolf. A good deal longer than I was as a succubus come to think of it. Walking on four legs is comfortable for me Lady Twilight.”

Twilight’s ears twitched almost imperceptibly at the title before her name. She’d never admit it but she kind of liked it. “Is that common? For demons to… To change?”

“Oh yes. Well for us generics certainly.”

Now Twilight wrinkled her nose in confusion. “Generics?”

It was Laharl who spoke up next. “Demons are roughly split into two categories. Generics are the standard vassals of an Overlord. We take a sort of blank template. Like female warrior or male wizard then infuse some of our mana into it and out pops a new vassal. Generics all look more or less alike. They might have different personalities but they're identical to one another.”

Twilight was nodding slowly, digesting this new and fascinating information. “And I suppose the unique demons are like yourself? Or are there a dozen Laharl’s running around on your Netherworld?”

Laharl’s antennae bristled at that. “Of course I’m unique! I’m the Overlord you twit!”

Giggling softly at his outburst, Twilight was pleasantly surprised to find Linette sharing in her mirth. The former demoness seemed very strangely cheerful and upbeat. It was hard to believe the pretty, curvaceous mare following dutifully behind her had tried to kill some of her friends’ mere minutes ago.

“Generic demons often get reincarnated into new forms all the time. Usually when an Overlord discovers a new template. We like to try them out, see how they do. If we’re unhappy with the performance of a vassal as one type of demon we just change them into another.”

Twilight regarded Laharl with a faint frown. “Do they like that?”

“Mm. Sometimes. I MIGHT listen to my vassals requests from time to time. If they want to remain as they are or try something new. Reincarnation has plenty of benefits though. We grow stronger faster every time we reincarnate. Just drag them to a training zone and make them duke it out for a couple hours. It’s a good way to get a feel for a new demon template.”

Linette was regarding Laharl with a small smile. “You’re a very kind Overlord, aren’t you Sir Laharl?”

“What?! Of course I’m not! I’m the cruelest Overlord in all the Netherworlds!”

Now the dark pink pegasus adopted a teasing sing-song tone. “Rumor is you have an angelic lover.”

“Whaaaaaaaaat?!” The two mares had to jump away as a raging inferno sprang to life around the outraged earth pony colt. “Who said that?! Who said she’s my lover?!”

“Nopony in particular.” Linette blinked. “Did I just say nopony?”

Banishing the flames with a snort Laharl stormed passed Twilight and her vassal. “It’s how these goofy ponies talk. Since you were reincarnated by Princess Sparklebutt you probably got the local lingo downloaded.”

This seemed to amuse the pegasus mare to no end. “Nopony better take my food! Everypony better watch their tails or else! This is fun!”

Rolling her eyes at the two arguably craziest ponies Twilight had ever been around, (and this included Pinkie Pie) she just trotted after the low flying Laharl. Not entirely watching where she was going, she collided into the stationary colt standing in the doorway. “Laharl! Why are you just standin….oh.”

Standing in the middle of her library was Princess Luna. The dark diarch of Equestria was regarding a book shelf casually. “Good afternoon Twilight Sparkle. And I extend my greetings to you, Overlord Laharl. As I’m sure that must be you in that pony shell. Your mana is nearly identical to your servants.”

Glancing back at Twilight curiously, who simply nodded toward the Princess, he approached. “Uh… hi. That’s me. Wait… Servant?”

“Indeed. Two of your…vassals I believe they are called? Two of them have come to Equestria seeking you.”

Laharl’s eyes widened while his pupils shrank to tiny pinpricks. “N-not… Flonne and Etna?”

“Yes the very same. The latter of whom engaged me in battle in my very throne room while the other rescued my sister and her guest from Discord’s clutches. They await you in Canterlot Castle.”

“Nope! Not going! Get me to that gate right now!”

Twilight looked from Luna to Laharl. Something was definitely wrong with Princess Luna. She looked… Agitated. It was subtle. A slight frown on her muzzle and the way she kept shifting on her hooves. Though Laharl’s reaction was a bit of a surprise as well. “What? But aren’t they your friends? I’m sure they were worried about you.”

“I don’t care! I don’t want to see them!”

Linette drifted in lazily overhead. “No. He doesn’t want THEM to see HIM Lady Twilight. He’s embarrassed that he’s so adorable.”

“You keep your big mouth shut!” Laharl focused his ire back on Twilight. “Get me out of here RIGHT now!”

Twilight was at a very important decision she knew. Laharl had wanted to meet with Princess Celestia and share some sort of ‘truth’ about Equestria with her. Now however he seemed terrified at the prospect of his friends seeing him in his current pony state. The mature decision would be to honor his request. Send him back to his Netherworld. Maybe he could even come back after he got himself sorted out.

On the other hoof, he’d called her a horse several times. Made Rainbow Dash cry and got into a brawl with Pinkie Pie. “Alright Laharl. I’ll send you away. Ready?”

“Yes! Anywhere!”

His blood chilled at her sudden smile. “Say hi to your friends for me.”

“You wouldn’t dare! Don’t you dare! I’ll get you for this Twilight Spar-“ The rest of her name was cut off as Twilight teleported the Overlord away. Right to Canterlot Castle’s throne room. Princess Luna had watched the entire scene quietly, and only raised an eyebrow at its conclusion.

Seeing the unspoken question in the elder Princess’ eyes Twilight shrugged. “He’s had this coming for a little while now.”

“Indeed.” Luna was watching Linette drift about the library as the curious young mare poked and prodded various knick knacks. “And who is your friend, Twilight? Her mana feels very strange, and very uniquely like your own.”

“Oh! Well… It’s a bit complicated. Princess Luna this is Linette. I sort of saved her life earlier. She was a… Well she was a demon. Her Overlord sent her here to capture Laharl. When she failed he tried to kill her. I saved her life and had to give her some of my own mana. In the end this is what she looked like. She seems a little attached to me now.”

The pony in question landed just behind Twilight regarding Luna curiously. “It’s nice to meet you ma’am.”

Luna studied Linette closer. “How interesting. She seems like an ordinary pony to me.”

Twilight nodded. “She is, as far as I can tell. Linette this is Princess Luna. She rules Equestria with her sister Celestia.”

Linette regarded Luna more closely. “There are more than one of you? And you all rule peacefully?”

Luna quirked a brow. “Yes. Is that so unusual?”

Linette nodded vigorously. “Of course! I’ve never even heard of two Overlords LIVING on the same Netherworld, let alone ruling it together! And there are THREE of you here?!”

Twilight’s mouth gaped for a moment. “Ehe heh. You’re just a little confused Linette. We’re not Overlords, we’re Princesses. And Equestria isn’t a Netherworld it’s… Well it’s just a regular world! Right Princess?” Luna regarded Twilight Sparkle silently, her eyes sad. “…r-right… Princess?”

Closing her eyes, Luna took a deep breath. “It is not my place to tell you Twilight. Go and see Celestia. She will reveal all to you, as she did to me.”

Eyes wide and disbelieving Twilight looked from Linette to Luna. Her horn flashed brightly and she disappeared with a burst of magic.

Linette stared up at Luna, ears folded back as she pawed the ground uncomfortably with a forehoof. “I… I don’t understand. What did I say?”

Luna smiled kindly and draped a wing around Linette’s shivering form. “You did nothing wrong my little pony. Come. Let us see if we cannot get a nice treat down at Sugarcube Corner. I did not have the chance to go last time I was in Ponyville and have heard nothing but good things from my…” Her frown returned. “From the good ponies of this lovely town.”

Feeling herself cheer up a little Linette nodded. “Yes ma’am. Thank you. Everypony is so kind here. It’s… It’s wonderful.”

Leading the small pegasus mare from the library Luna felt her gaze drifting toward distant Canterlot. “Yes. One would almost say it’s perfect.”

***

A thoroughly miserable Laharl sat in the middle of the throne room, ears folded back and head almost resting on the ground. Etna had been laughing helplessly for at least the past five minutes since his arrival. Flonne on the other hand had tackled him in a fierce hug, and was not contenting herself with petting him down his neck and back. All attempts to dislodge the fallen angel or force his cackling vassal to shut up had failed due to his low level status.

And sitting on her throne, watching it all silently was the pony who could only be Princess Celestia. She was taller even then her sister. She just oozed sunshine and regal calmness gazing down at the three demons silently.

Laharl couldn’t remember the last time he wanted to punch anyone in the face so hard.

All of a sudden that changed as someone he intimately recognized stepped out of the nearby doorway bearing a tray of food and drink. “I rustled us up some snacks!”

Laharl wings snapped to life lifting him off the floor and dragging Flonne along with him. “You! You idiot! Why are you here?!”

Vyers affected a hurt look. “Idiot? That’s no way to greet your dear old dad! How about a hug instead?” The dandy of a demon set the tray down and opened his arms wide, grinning like an idiot all the while.

“I’ll give you a hug old man!” Laharl tried to launch himself at the grinning demon, but Flonne’s added weight turned it into a sad sort of circling over the fallen angel’s head as she clung to his mid-section. “F-Flonne get offa me! I need to kill him! This is all his fault I just know it!”

A bright purple flash lit the room, heralding the arrival of Twilight Sparkle. Laharl was about to lay into her when he saw the strangely hurt and serious look on her face as she regarded the Princess. “It’s not true. Tell me it isn’t true.”

Celestia tilted her head regarding Twilight. Her best and brightest pupil. The first pony since Cadance she felt was worthy to join she and her sister in ruler ship of Equestria. “I wish I could tell you that more than anything Twilight. But it’s true.”

Laharl ceased his struggles against Flonne and landed lightly on the floor next to her. Mercifully she didn’t glomp right back onto his middle, just rested her hand at the small of his back. He could live with that. Even Etna had shut her stupid mouth and was sitting quietly, though she was biting her tongue hard to do so.

Twilights wings flared in her outrage. “How can that be true!? How can we be… Be demons?! We’re not like them at all!”

Celestia tilted her head curiously. “We’re not? You’ve never lost control of your emotions and done something regretful? Applejack and Rainbow Dash have never endangered their friendship over a tiny trivial matter? Rarity has never bent the truth for her own benefit? I suppose Fluttershy has never lost her temper and snapped in a way most unlike herself? And don’t even get me started on dear Pinkie Pie.”

Twilight frowned thoughtfully. “Well still… We all have our… Eccentricities but… But he’s so violent! And he has such a foul mouth!”

Laharl was beginning to feel insulted, even more so when Flonne began to nod along with what Twilight was saying. He ‘accidentally’ jammed a hoof down on her hand drawing a soft yelp from the girl.

Celestia closed her eyes, sighing softly. “I suppose I cannot hide the truth any longer.” Her horn began to glow brightly with a radiant golden hue. It spread out to envelop her body in a sheen of brilliant light. When the light cleared it was not a regal pony regarding the four youngsters in the throne room.

She had lost none of her impressive stature. She was taller even than the statuesque Vyers. Though she now stood on two legs. Her furless skin nearly the same alabaster white her coat had been as a pony. Her humanoid limbs were slender and elegantly shaped. She had the strange tiny nose and lips that the other demons in the room possessed, and her ears were just slightly pointed now. Her eyes remained the same violet color, but the pupils were likewise demonic. Her wings were perhaps her most striking feature. Massive and white feathered as her alicorn wings had been; only they burned with a constant flame. Feathers would blacken and fall away, burning to ash before they reached the ground only to reappear.

Laharl unintentionally tensed up as he recognized a fallen angel, though one of much more impressive power than Flonne. The former angel at his side had clenched him a little more tightly when Celestia’s true form was revealed.

“You… What are you? You’re not a demon like them.”

Celestia’s kind smile was the same as ever as well. “I’m like Miss Flonne. A fallen angel. Once I was known as Celestine, the seraph of Celestia. The realm of angels. I committed the most heinous crime of desiring peace with the demons. I felt constant war and strife between us served no one at all. Neither side benefitted from the battle and death. In the end we were only hurting ourselves. I tentatively began to reach out to the nearest Netherworld’s Overlord. King Krichevskoy.” She nodded toward Vyers.

Twilight glanced at him quietly. The man’s silly grin was gone replaced by a look of contemplative nostalgia. “We grew close rather quickly. I was infatuated with his zest for life. His boundless emotion. He was very much like you are Laharl. Quick to anger but fiercely protective of those he cared about. He of course was enchanted with my boundless grace and beauty.” She allowed herself a playful little smile.

Vyers gasped softly, putting a hand to his heart. “And who couldn’t be?!”

Celestia’s young student didn’t seem to be enjoying their comedy act. A fact that didn’t elude the immortal former angel. She offered the young Princess an apologetic smile. “Anyhow. The angelic council didn’t care for my budding relationship and forbid me from seeing Krichevskoy again. When I refused to obey their wishes they burned my wings and cast me out. I was fortunate to land in my dear friends Netherworld. He took care of my while I adjusted to suddenly losing my status as an angel. I was worried about my lay about brother Lamington inheriting Celestia but I prayed he could get his act together.”

Flonne’s eyes widened at that while Laharl and Etna both snorted with laughter. “S-sir Lamington is not a lay about! I… I can’t believe he ever was!”

Celestia smiled kindly toward Flonne as she produced a photograph in a flash of golden light. It depicted a younger and somewhat overweight Lamington with a gaming head set on, eyes glued to his computer and surrounded by cheese snacks. The two demonic lords were howling with laughter by now, all four of Laharl’s legs flailing in the air while Flonne merely looked aghast. “You can keep this one if you like. I have plenty.” She slipped the photograph under Laharl’s scarf.

Twilight shook her head vigorously. “Can we PLEASE stay on track?!”

“Yes of course.” Celestia seated herself on her throne. “Well eventually I came to terms with being a demon. It really isn’t much different as I’m sure Flonne can tell you. We just have a tendency to be rather more explosive when our tempers are lost.”

If her two demonic friends had begun to recover from their laughing fits, they started all over again at the embarrassed look on Flonne’s face. “Krichevskoy offered me a position in his Netherworld but demons of or caliber can be somewhat independent. I wanted to strike out on my own. I’d never had the freedom to go and do whatever I wished before. I lived in the human world for a time… Ask me about them later please Twilight.” Twilight’s mouth snapped shut. “I was enchanted by some of their fairy tales. Particularly of magical horses. Unicorns and pegasi specifically.”

“I’d always found horses to be beautiful creatures. Strong, majestic and free as I’d always wished to be. Even if I hadn’t realized it at the time. And so I decided the time was right for me to found my own Netherworld. But I wanted it to be different than the others. A shining beacon of what we COULD be, not what the angels thought we were.”

Her expression grew clouded for a moment. “I met someone in my travels. Another powerful demon with a taste for whimsy. We travelled the cosmos in each other’s company for a time. Typically trying to one up one another in our pranks.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, and Celestia nodded. “Yes. It was Discord. Together he and I found a quiet little spot in the middle of nowhere to begin crafting my world. Now I was powerful but inexperienced with building an entire world from the ground up. Discord’s assistance was invaluable. At my request he even crafted a magical veil over my fledgling Netherworld to keep it away from the eyes of less pleasant travelers. In exchange for his aid all he asked was to be allowed to have some harmless fun with the future inhabitants of my world.”

Celestia sighed softly. “I agreed of course. We’d become such close friends and I knew his pranks were more or less harmless. To me. It’s easy to forget how fragile mortal beings can be. My first creations were the unicorns. I’d been enchanted by the idea of a magical horse of course. I gifted them with intellect and speech and set them loose into the world. Next were the pegasi. Out of whimsy I gave them the gift of weather manipulation and the ability to literally live in the clouds. The earth ponies came from a desire to see the more mundane horses that I’d admired so much made flesh in my world.”

“For a time it was enough. I had my darling little ponies to look after. I cherished each and every one of them. As generations passed I grew a tad fanciful. I added the cutie marks. I created them all of course; each and every pony is technically my child. The originals all sprang from my own mana. My life force if you will. That mana is within each and every pony in Equestria. So it’s simple enough for me to know what their special talent will be. That one calling in life above all others that will bring them joy.”

“Eventually however I grew lonely up in my castle alone. I’d taken a pony form of my own of course. The one you’re so familiar with. My ponies were so kind and loving, but they were all too frightened to get close to me. Fearful of my anger should they do something to upset me. And so…”

Twilight gasped softly. “So you… You CREATED a sister? You MADE Princess Luna?! That’s what she’s so upset about!”

Celestia nodded slowly. “Yes. The one secret I never wished her to know, but Lulu always had a way of knowing when I was holding anything back. I made her to be my equal in every way. I didn’t wish another simple subject but a true companion. Discord was fine for the occasional flight of fancy but he had no interest in deep, meaningful conversation.”

“Luna realized the threat he posed to our subjects first of course. I was blinded by my friendship but she saw the harm he was causing to the ponies. When I asked him to calm his jokes he reacted… Poorly. He lashed out and attacked, said I reneged on our bargain. I fractured my old celestial magic into six pieces, the six core tenants of harmony that make up the universe and crafted them into magical artifacts. Luna and I used them to seal my old friend away in stone.”

“As time went on things returned to normal. That is until Luna’s demonic nature began to surface. Ordinarily being jealous or feeling unappreciated could be talked out and worked through easily. Demons however experience our negative emotions far stronger than the positive. She was completely unequipped to handle the crushing rage and despair that welled up within her. And so Nightmare Moon was born. It broke my heart sealing her away, but I couldn’t bear to do to her what I did to Discord. I’d hoped in time she would master her own emotions. And she did. If she hadn’t then you and your friends’ use of the elements would have simply sealed her away again.”

Twilight was shaking her head slowly. “I just can’t believe it. We’re… we’re DEMONS? Each and every pony?”

Laharl had been sitting quietly as the story went on. “I noticed some funny things around your town. How you all had mana but only some of you knew how to use it. And then there were all the generics. Multiple copies of tons of the ponies.”

Twilight sucked in a short breath of air. “Y-you’re right! There are… There are at LEAST three Lyra’s! And four Time Turner’s! How has nopony noticed?”

“Because I did not wish them to notice. I’ve made plenty of unique ponies, but too many would put a terrible strain on the world. They all have their own lives and personalities. They simply look the same.”

Flonne was more than a little surprised when Laharl awkwardly shuffled to Twilight’s side and laid a comforting hoof on the alicorn’s back. Etna and Vyers eyed him with equal confusion. “Let’s get outta this dump. You can… I dunno give my idiot vassals something to eat then send us on our way. Once we’re gone Malbreche should leave your world alone.”

Twilight’s head was reeling from everything she’d just learned. But having a friendly hoof so close, even if it belonged to the insufferable Overlord Laharl helped. She looked to the demon colt and smiled faintly. “Thank you Laharl. I think I’d like to leave too.”

Celestia watched the exchange in silence. The golden glow heralding her return to her pony shape went unnoticed by her young former protégé. “Twilight I think we should talk a bit more don’t you?”

Twilight didn’t even look up at the pony she’d idolized her entire life. “I’ve heard you talk enough to last me a lifetime Princess. If you’ll excuse me I’m going to get my real friend back home where he belongs. Laharl may be rude, loud, and obnoxious Princess but he’s never lied to me. Not like you have. Pinkie Pie says lying is the fastest way to lose a friend. I never really understood that until now.”

Even the ever-obnoxious Etna realized the situation had gotten pretty serious. She quietly took her place at her Overlord’s side, offering a small wave to Vyers. One her former lord returned with a small smile. Twilight’s magic soon enveloped the three demonic visitors, and the foursome vanished the way she’d arrived.

Once they were gone Vyers turned to Celestia. “She’ll come around. They both will. Luna’s your sister and that Twilight is practically a daughter to you. They just need time.”

Celestia stared at the spot the young Princess vanished from. “Perhaps. Though I’m not entirely certain I deserve their forgiveness.”

***

Twilight reappeared in the library…then immediately shrieked in alarm as Pinkie leapt out at her blowing a noise maker right in her face. “Welcome back Twilight! You’re just in time for the party!”

“Party? What? Pinkie what par…” She trailed off gazing up at the big banner hanging in the room. In large balloon letters it read, “Sorry you found out you’re actually a demon!”

“It’s your sorry you found out we’re all actually demons party.” The cheerful pink mare delivered in a serious deadpan.

Flonne and Etna stared at Pinkie Pie in confusion while Laharl almost imperceptibly backed away. “Pinkie! You… You knew? How long have you known?!”

“Mmmmm….” Pinkie plopped her rump on the floor tapping a hoof to her chin as she considered. “I guess since I was maybe six or seven? I mean it just makes sense y’know?”

“You never thought to tell me?!”

Pinkie’s eyes widened. “Well you never asked me if we were all secretly demons now did you?”

“I… I…” Twilight sighed. She hadn’t actually though to ask that. And she knew without a doubt if she had Pinkie wouldn’t lie to her. And if the information were pertinent to some sort of emergency her fellow element bearer would have certainly volunteered it. “…you’re right. Thank you for the party Pinkie Pie. It can double as a welcome to Ponyville party for Laharl and his friends don’t you think?”

Smiling that Pinkie Pie smile she simply tugged a little rope connected to the banner. A smaller one unfurled reading, ‘Welcome to Equestria Laharl, Flonne, and Etna!’

Now the two demon girls both looked at their Overlord in confusion. Almost against his will he muttered, “That’s… Just Pinkie Pie.”

Squealing cheerfully Pinkie scooped him into a tight embrace. To his vassals’ shock he didn’t immediately protest and try to bash her about the head, he simply sagged and allowed her to get the hug out of her system. “Now you’re gettin’ it! Let’s get to eating those snacks! The other girls should be here just abooooouuuuut….”

The door burst open in a blaze of color. Twilight noted with alarm blaze was exactly the right word for it. There was a trail of rainbow hued flame crackling merrily along the floor and leading up to...

Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Rainbow Dash. I’m going to pretend I didn’t see what I just saw. When I open my eyes again if I DO see what I just saw, I can’t be held responsible for my actions.”

Twilight opened her eyes.

Rainbow Dash hovered in the middle of the room, wings flapping and grinning maniacally. Sharp fangs glinted in her mouth. Her coat had darkened to a hue just shy of midnight blue, only slightly paler than Princess Luna’s. Her eyes retained the magenta color but her pupils matched those of Rarity and Applejack now. Her ears were noticeably more pointed, and instead of feathers she had the large bat-like wings of one of Luna’s night guards.

Of course that wasn’t even the most striking change. No that would be her mane and tail. Or rather, the oscillating rainbow flames where her mane and tail USED to be. “Pretty sweet right? I’m thinking of going by Rainbow Blaze now? Whaddya think? Guys? Anyone?”

The explosion that rocked the Golden Oaks library could be felt from as far away as Trottingham. It would be passed off as a mysterious magical event by scholars some years down the line.

Author's Note:

You saw it here first! The totally canon origin of Equestria! It could be! You can't prove it's not!

Comments ( 79 )

I like this idea and likely will request the ability later to write stories in this universe.

That explains the Neather out of the background ponies like you said...
I cant wait to see the Crusader Intermission chapter which might be coming up soon. :scootangel:

2904098
Technically it's not even MY universe haha. Just a Disgaea crossover. That being said if you want to use like, the stuff I've established in the story to do your own thing that's totally cool. Might wanna wait to see how this one ends though. It's definitely going to open up for plenty of stuff to be added. :raritywink:

2904120
I really want to use the CMC for SOMETHING, but what that something is, is kind of hard for me to come up with. Obviously the girls wouldn't be super boss warriors like the mane 6 are turning out to be. They'd be more akin to Prinnies or something haha.

2904147 It could be the New game plus like Etna mode, Rasberyl mode or Fuka mode.

I believe it. It makes complete sense. You Sir, are a genius!:pinkiehappy::derpytongue2::moustache:

So if regular Twilight becomes a Rapidash when she's royally pissed off, I'm guessing Princess Twilight is like a dying Balor (Dungeons and Dragons monster, look up the V3 or V3.5 rules for it and you'll understand)

2904508
Hmhm. Describing a DnD monster to me. ADORABLE. I've been a DM for about twenty years now. Since I was a wee lass of ten and I made my first campaign involving rescuing the Princess Jennifer (my name) from the evil Wizard. The nameless evil wizard because in those days just being called the evil wizard was enough. XD

But yes raging Princess Twilight is not a pretty sight at all. >_>

2904475
I have a knack for uncovering hidden truths!

2904530 Will there be any more truths? Though I don't know how you could even match the Ponies-Are-Actually-Demons truth.

2904634
You gotta admit that explains the crazy mood swings. As well as the far too perfect vibe... as well as how Linette could ponify so well from a succubus. I know ponify isn't a word but, shut up.

2904634
Mmmm there's only one more big reveal coming up, but that won't be until the epilogue.

2905504
Pinkie's surprise combat skills will be explained. XD

:twilightoops: ... It... :rainbowderp: it makes... so much sense! :pinkiegasp:

This works so well I love it.:pinkiehappy:

2907246
Opening the minds of the public to the truth is what this story is really about.

2907586
I'm glad! At first I didn't plan on any of the Equestria is a Netherworld stuff. Then as I was writing I started thinking it would make the story more entertaining.

2907587 I get that... and it just... it makes almost too much sense for it not to be the legit background...

Totally agree with you sir, this makes total sense, I Lawled. Also, surprise :pinkiegasp: .
This story is awesome, keep up the good work!! :twilightsmile:

If they cant prove it deny it till the end

I prefer Mao; he's got cooler hair.

And rimless glasses.

2954760
I like Mao, but Laharl's still my favorite.

2960576

What about Valvetorez?

Stuck drinking the blood of sardines and in total denial.

2960673
He'll be in the sequel!

2962993
Haha, not really. I mean it'd help but I tried to write it so it wasn't 100% necessary.

Awesome story. So do the generics realize they are the same looking as others at all. When you mentioned there being several Lyra's running around I immediatly flashed to 24.media.tumblr.com/1c2244fa0af578bc91e366be965700f5/tumblr_mq46440DBx1rxzaoho1_1280.png

So many Bon Bons all with different personalities several of which get annoyed when they are mistaken for their cousins. It's from the Slice of Life tumbler from Egophiliac

2981683
Pretty excellent picture, and no they don't realize they're identical.

2982067
JubileeRulez I THINK. It's been a bit since i was on League. Mostly do Awesomenauts or Marvel Heroes lately

Is Item World going to come up? Twilight would probably have a nerdgasm over the magic involved.

2982125
Item World isn't coming up in this story, it will be in the sequel though. Laharl IS going to introduce them to the Cave of Ordeals however.

And what about the other races?

I am so freaking happy someone actually made a good Disgaea crossover :yay:

This is absolutely amazing and I hope there's more on the way :pinkiehappy:

3106711
There is, the next chapters about halfway done.

3057872
They'll be mentioned sooner or later.

If you fuck this up, I will rape you. And it will not be the pleasant rape. :raritywink: For now, I shall read tomorrow.

Disgaea easily my fave jrpg
Dat 9999 lvl cap bro

This is the second cross over fic I have read that I feel is really welly exacuted
And makes me want to play a game I own again
...first skyrim now disgaea... At least I have a 4 time reencarnated lvl 4000something prisim mage to play with in disgaea3

3285551
I'm glad you enjoy it, I have a lot of fun writing this one, and feel bad it's been neglected for so long. Once I wrap up the first couple chapters of my DnD one, this one's getting some love again.

do you have any plans to use Laharl-chan?

ooookkkkkkaaaaaayyyy this is not what she in mind:twilightoops:

Question, what happened to the prinny squad?

Great chapter.

Love the twist with Equestria really being a Neitherworld and it's citizens demons. How will Twilight and her friends deal with the truth? Will the truth about Equestria get out to all it's citizens? If it does how will they all react.

Really looking forward to reading more.

Well, all's going well so far. Though, if Rainbow, Rarity and AJ know what's best for them, they'll keep Laharl's mana AWAY from Pinkie.

3628315
It was a game first, that spawned a so-so anime. XD

Lyra isn't unique?:fluttershyouch:
wait a minute... then we can all have Lyras!:yay:

Somebody's gotta make pics of the mane six as demon ponies, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Please Update again soon:fluttercry: I need MOAR:flutterrage:

Three words, "Tree, of, Harmony", that aside, could you make it so that those are only their combat forms and not their normal forms from now on which you might be putting the message out as.

2904634 how about changelings are angels or animals are humans?

Login or register to comment