• Published 4th Apr 2013
  • 29,695 Views, 2,802 Comments

Metroid Equis - Flammenwerfer



A meteor impacts the nation of Equestria, Planet Equis. Tranquility is quickly snuffed out when a poison begins to spread violently. The Princesses cannot combat this unknown threat, as no knowledge of it exists. Help comes from an unexpected source.

  • ...
57
 2,802
 29,695

PreviousChapters Next
24.5: Rest and Recovery

Author's Note:

>Began chapter 25
>Placed this as the beginning
>Too much fluff; radically different theme than the rest of the chapter, but still important for development
>Chapter 24.5 it is

Just a LITTLE something to tide you over while I slave over my Math Modeling homework for the rest of the week and most likely weekend. I'll be allocating some of my free time to drafting chapter 25, as I have planned out what's going to happen in its entirety. I also realized this story is well over a year old! Wow time flies!

All comments appreciated, and enjoy :)

Metroid Equis

Chapter 24.5

Rest and Recovery


[Golden Oaks Library]


It was only when Samus was discharged from the medical ward about an hour later that she realized how tired she was. Thinking back on it, she had not slept since the Space Pirate Fleet presented itself to the world, which was well over a day at least. Considering the fact that she had been running around to several different locations within the span of twenty-four hours, battling Ridley and almost getting killed, taking down a Frigate, exterminating Metroids, almost getting killed by a corrupted unicorn elite, and blowing up the aforementioned Frigate, it was safe to say that Samus had put in more than enough overtime for a typical work day.

The painkillers and local anesthetics used in the process to patch her up didn't help her state either.

Nevertheless, orders from Luna were orders from Luna, and as much as she did not like taking orders from a superior, much less a non-employer, she had little qualm with taking "orders" from what she was starting to consider a... friend; Orders that benefited her completely as well. Rumor had it that Luna magically soundproofed the Library to drown out all the commotion with the Federation Foothold outside the damn doorstep.

Her eyes were droopy and she felt weak as the adrenaline in her system slowly began to reabsorb into her body. When she left the small medical ward, even with the Elements and Celestia waiting to greet her, all she was able to muster was a small wave for everyone as she walked past, heading towards the library. They wanted to congratulate and thank their new friend for a job well done but the Hunter would have none of it, really. Celestia had advised that they let her pass out for the night, and to follow up with her when she woke up.

That was all she remembered before losing consciousness on her bed. She didn't even bother to take her Zero Suit off.

Samus groaned and stretched her back as her eyes refused to open and escape from dreamland. Her body ached all over and another short, feminine sounding murmur emanated from her mouth before she reluctantly let her eyes flutter open. Judging by what little she was able to see without opening her eyes completely, Samus found that she was in her room, curtains shut, but nevertheless could also discern that it was sometime during the day, most likely the morning... it just had that feeling to it. She contemplated for a split second if she should get up.

Nope.

And just like that the decision of the century was made. She let her head fall back to the complete embrace of her pillow, cleared her throat a bit, and clicked her tongue as she let her eyes fall closed once more, letting her cheek come into contact with the comfy goodness of her head-rest. Her face bore a tired, yet peacefully rested (and ever stoic) expression as her breathing became slower and more rhythmic. She was almost back to dreamland when she realized something... odd.

Bed is really comfortable today... and warm...

Samus moved to stretch her stiff arms but found that her right one was wrapped around something. At the same time, she realized something was pressed against her left side. She let her tired eyes open just a bit to peer down at her side, and the first thing she noticed was a lavender coat and a purple mane. Her brain buffering, she soon ascertained that Twilight was curled into a ball up against her left breast. As well, she noticed that her left arm rested on Twilight, and her hand came to rest on the back of a blue coat... Rainbow Dash's head was resting on Samus's stomach, fast asleep and peaceful.

...Wat

Samus blinked a bit in confusion but her attention was turned when there was movement on her right arm. Tiredly turning her head, she found her arm wrapped snuggly (as if by her own doing) around Fluttershy, who was nestled comfortably and her head resting on Samus's shoulder/underarm area. As feeling returned to her body, Samus felt weight by her lower regions. Willing her head up a bit and looking down, she found her leg draped and laying over Applejack's body, the latter who was slumbering on her side and seemed to enjoy the extra weight on her. Pinkie Pie and Rarity were snuggled against Samus's hips. In turn, due to their positions around her body, they were all resting against one-another as well.

These ponies weren't small by any means... once Samus was fully aware of her "situation," she realized they were the reason for her extra warmth. The bed was crowded, that was for sure... but she only took another look around, her expression not changing at all once the inner bout of surprise wore off.

Fuck it.

Samus, once again, let her head fall back into her pillow and turn on her right cheek as she closed her eyes. Her right arm's grip tightened a bit as she pulled Fluttershy into her more, and her left hand that rested itself on Rainbow Dash's neck began to idly stroke its fingers through the pony's coat; the latter sighing in contentment in her sleep.

The grips of sleep finally overtook the Hunter and launched her back into her dreamscape for much needed rest and recovery. The only difference this time was that once she lost consciousness, her peacefully stoic face was instead adorned with a small smile.

PreviousChapters Next