• Published 29th Mar 2013
  • 427 Views, 1 Comments

Sparkle - RyanPAPP



A winged Twilight Sparkle wakes up in a desert after a life-changing event... That she can't remember. This is the story of how memories were recovered.

  • ...
 1
 427

Sub-Chapter One: Allius Divinchi

The sunlight and rough sounds of a bustling metropolis flowed through Allius Divinchi's office window, impeding her work.

She, or her dying mother rather, resided in the grand columbian city of New York, New York. But it wasn't always the metropolitan success story it was.

Eighty years ago the Williams's family of Boston, Massachusetts discovered an ancient parchment describing the features and location of a "Lexicon" left by something more insidious than God himself.

A group of explorers went to the coordinates listed and eventually unearthered the hard-light text now known as the "Wielder's Code". The text revealed "the language of the gods", which allowed humanity to see deep into nature's secrets.

Over time, people discovered power hidden within nature and learned to harness it. Others found ancient schematics describing technology never dreamed of by humanity.

Why did the "gods" hide data in organic life? That we didn't know. But what was important was that humanity advanced more in twenty years than ten thousand. This Renaissance became known as "The Period of Life".

But, when the UN (having been elevated to extreme global power) released all of the known ancient data to the public, there were major gaps. One second the data will be describing how human sperm is formed and the the next it will be describing how to kill a lion.

Those gaps went widely unnoticed, but not to Allius Divinchi, a bright ,young, overachiever and inventor.

But, her work on finding the missing information was halted when her mother contracted "Wielder's Curse", a disease that rots out blood veins and leaves marks resembling those of a Wielder's.

Rather than giving up, she moved it all with her. And she was onto something.

Comments ( 1 )

Nice story dude.

Login or register to comment