• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 8,870 Views, 180 Comments

Pony Dreams - Fuzzyfurvert



An old evil returns as a bored Princess Luna goes dream hopping to liven up her night.

  • ...
23
 180
 8,870

In the After

Author's Note:

This is set after Pony Dreams would have ended and acts as a cap to the relationship between Twilight and Luna that I was setting up. The 'Luna' Twilight is practicing with is the Element of Magic/Nightmare before the real Luna shows up. This was written a long time ago for the Twiluna collab and is included here for sake of completeness.

“What am I looking at here?” Luna looked up from the slim unadorned tome before her on the table and up at Twilight Sparkle who seemed extremely interested in the crepes on her plate as she sat across from the princess.

“Only the most...embarrassing thing I’ve ever written.” Twilight licked her suddenly dry lips. “It’s my dream diary.”

Luna nodded solemnly and remained silent for a long moment. She opened the book to its forward and read the short passage there about the book’s purpose and what it contained. Twilight looked up at her as Luna smiled when she reached the various warnings Twilight had written to discourage others, specifically Spike, from reading further.

“I take it that the enchantments have been removed?”

Twilight nodded quickly. “Oh, yes, of course! It’s safe to read.”

“Then let us see what you dreamed about me, shall we?” Luna smiled supportively, her cheeks blushing slightly.

What followed was an indeterminably long period of the quiet shuffling of pages and the soft breathing of the two ponies as they sat together in Ponyville’s lone library. Twilight held her breath as Luna read. Her heart threatened to stop every time she heard Luna pause or gasp quietly at the scandalous contents of the diary. She could feel her confidence from earlier fading with each passing second. With every page flip, Twilight grew increasingly convinced that showing Luna her dream diary with her recordings of the erotic dreams she had been plagued with was a bad idea, regardless of their newfound closeness. Finally, Luna closed the book. Twilight kept her head down and waited for Luna to break the silence. Her heart was beating in her throat so loudly, Twilight was certain she wouldn’t have been able to speak if called on.

The sound that came from the princess shocked Twilight. A low in the chest, almost musical chuckle drew her eyes up to the cat-like grin on Luna’s face. “Twilight,” Luna practically purred her name, “I never knew you felt this way. Or that you were such a… kinky girl. This pleases your princes-”

“No! Nonononono, Luna wouldn’t say something like that!” Twilight reached over the table and pressed her hoof against Luna’s muzzle. “Go back, try it again.”

~~~discontinuity~~~

Finally, Luna closed the book. Twilight kept her head down and waited for Luna to break the silence. Her heart was beating in her throat so loudly, Twilight was certain she wouldn’t have been able to speak if called on.

Luna drew a deep breath in through her nose and gently pushed the book across the table to Twilight. “I...I never…” Luna looked uncertain of her words, her mouth hung open as she searched for the proper phrasing. “I never knew you harboured such feelings. I would be remiss if I didn’t offer a hooves-on dream-counselling. Perhaps we could re-enact the second entry?”

Twilight growled, her brows furrowed as she shot a glare at Luna. “You are getting it wrong! Princess Luna most certainly does NOT feel that way about me! Not after what happened…” Twilight shook her head. “Do it again. From the top.”

~~~discontinuity~~~

Finally, Luna closed the book. Twilight kept her head down and waited for Luna to break the silence. Her heart was beating in her throat so loudly, Twilight was certain she wouldn’t have been able to speak if called on.

“Yeah…” Luna drew out the word, her eyes on the open book. She tapped one page with the edge of her hoof. “This part here on page six is kinda hard to make out. We’re both girls, so your use of feminine pronouns is really exaggerated and that makes it hard to tell just who is licking whoes-”

“Now you’re just doing it on purpose!” Twilight stood, knocking her stool back. “You are supposed to be helping me prep for the real thing when I talk to Luna later tonight!”

Twilight leaned on the table and pinched the skin between her eyes and she grumbled under her breath. “Once more, from the top.”

“The top of what?”

Twilight frowned and started to open her mouth when she realized that the Luna sitting across from her was actually the real Luna now and at some point when her eyes had closed the table became dressed in a satin cloth, set with candles and a silver pail filled with ice and a dark bottle of wine. Her small unadorned dream diary sat in a tiny display pointed at the princess with bright purple ribbon marking one page.

“Um.” Twilight blinked.

“Oh, did you select something for me to read?” Luna clapped her hooves together happily. “I’ve wanted to read more modern fare! Shall we discuss it over dinner?”

Twilight blinked again. “Bwah?”

Somewhere in the void beyond the dream, the Nightmare smiled.