• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 464 Views, 5 Comments

Cutie Mark Cruseekers - DADERPSTER



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are sent to the wild Canadian forests as bears after being deemed the successors of the Seekers and needing to save the wild from flat-faces once more.

  • ...
 5
 464

The Seekers Decide- Prolougue

It was dark in the forest that met ice, that night. The Iqniq travelled silently overhead, and a solitary, shape-shifting brown bear sat by the border of the two lands. After a few moments of what seemed like stargazing, he stood and let out a roar, calling three other bears in words that were only understood to the bears. Before long, the brown bear saw a white bear padding across the ice towards him, and he heard a rustle behind him that told him that they were all there.

"What is it, Ujurak?" the gruff voice of his friend made his heart warm up, and he remembered their time together as cubs. The white bear touched noses with Ujurak, the black bear and the other brown bear. "I've missed you, Kallik," Ujurak heard the black bear whisper as she touched her nose to the black one of her friend's. "You too, Lusa," murmured Kallik.
"Friends," Ujurak started, turning to the other three. "The wild is beginning to die once more." It was as if the starry earth under the four bears paws trembled as he said these words. Lusa shivered and leaned closer to Kallik. The brown bear beside her stepped forward. "We can't do anything about it now," he growled. "We're dead." "You're wrong, Toklo!" Ujurak rounded on him with such feirceness that the older bear took a step back in surprise. "We aren't fully dead. We still have a chance to save the wild. Ursa chose us when we were cubs to save the wild. We are now adults, and we hold the responsibility of choosing our succsessors." Ujurak began to pace for a moment before sitting down. "Tulugaq hasn't sent me any signs either," The shape-shifter whispered, his eyes full of greif.

"There has been a shortage of cubs on the ice and in the forests as well," Kallik said. "There couldn't possibly be a way to find any that could be strong enough to take on such a task." Lusa remained silent at the white bear's side, deep in thought. An idea snapped suddenly to her head. "They don't have to be bears!" The female bear jumped to her paws as she said this, feeling confident about her idea. Kallik looked doubtful and Toklo gave a huff of dissapprovement, but Ujurak's eyes shone. Oh, Lusa! you're so smart! "That is a very good idea," he said instead, trying to act maturely as he had done in his final minutes when he was on the ice. Lusa smiled, but the smile faltered soon. "What animals could we use instead?"

This put Ujurak deep in thought. Foxes? No, not strong enough... Wolves? No, they couldn't travel across ice as we had done if it was needed... The idea suddenly sprung to his head. "Ponies!" he said. The three bears looked at him as if he had grown another head. "I just had a vision... I think Ursa put it there. Three ponies... a yellow, an orange, and a white." Toklo tossed his head. "You have bees in your brain!" But Ujurak persisted. "We can bring them into this world! as bears[i/]!" Now the females looked more convinced, although Toklo still looked doubtful, he realized he was outvoted. "oh, alright," he growled. "But we still need a shape-shifter." Ujurak smiled again. "I've already found one. We shall bring the trio here tomorrow." The three other bears grunted in agreement, then said their goodbyes and all retreated to their natural homes. Ujurak felt confident that nothing would go wrong.