• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 1,107 Views, 23 Comments

Once Upon a Time; Failed Spell - DADERPSTER



The characters from the hit ABC series Once Upon a Time get trapped in Equestria after an attempt at a spell to take them home

  • ...
3
 23
 1,107

Flight Lessons

It was today that Rainbow and Fluttershy decided that the older winged ponies that they had met the day before should learn to fly. "You're too old to be sent to flight camp," Dashie had said. "So we'll be teaching you to do it. Fluttershy will help you out with most of the stuff, I'm here to coach and save you if you go on a skydiving trip." Emma thought that Regina had looked slightly indigant when Dash had said this, but she still was fulfilling her goal to keep an eye on the black alicorn.

Emma trusted Fluttershy. She kept them balenced when they wavered on the clouds, she would encourage them in her kind voice, and she would assure them that they were safe with her and Rainbow. As much as Emma liked Dashie, she felt safer with Fluttershy helping her. Regina, on the other hand, snapped at Fluttershy's encouragement. Emma felt glad that the cyan pegasus reprimanded her when she nearly struck Fluttershy out of anger, although she was out of earshot, she could see clearly that the rainbow-maned mare was not taking very much of a liking to the evil queen.

All too soon, in Emma's opinion, they had to try a spiral dive and swerve through homemade cloud hoops. "It's easy when you get to learn it, and you seem to have done well enough to try this." Dash didn't even look at Regina when she said this, and Emma knew why. Fluttershy looked at Emma. "I'm sure you'll do great," Fluttershy said. "If you fall, we're here to help you." A sense of security flooded over Emma right then. "Just go when you're ready," Rainbow said. Both the pegasus and the alicorn newcomers took off once she said this. Rainbow looked at Fluttershy, and without words the same thought was exchanged; Lets hope they make it through.

Emma wavered slightly, aiming for the first hoop which was straight down. Making it through with ease, she felt as if she could overcome anything. She had never flown before, being a human, and now she realized how strong she felt. The adrenaline she had felt when chasing Baelfire was nothing compared to the excitement she felt now. She began to realize a pattern in her flight; flap, thrust, altitude, cloud. Instinctively, although she hadn't known this before, she knew that as long as she kept that pattern, she would fly fine. Sooner than later she completed the circle and landed beside Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash cleanly. Regina followed a moment later.

Rainbow looked at them with a sort of pride. "Good job, you two." she said. "You've done pretty well for first time fliers." Fluttershy nodded, her gentle smile on her face. Emma glowed with pride in herself, but she shook it off. It wont last forever anyway, she thought. A sadness overcame her with that knowledge, but she shook that off as well. Nothing could get in the way of their current mission. They had to get home.