• Published 27th Mar 2013
  • 17,590 Views, 671 Comments

Over The Hills and Far Away - Anal Invader



One starry night in Equestria, a comet that hasn't been seen in 600 years burns across the sky, bringing with it a strange visitor; a human with an unwanted power. When in contact with water, he becomes irresistible to mares! Will he survive?

  • ...
44
 671
 17,590

Custard Pie

Custard Pie

Phil opened his eyes groggily. His head was pounding like no tomorrow. He couldn't quite remember why, but he had a feeling it had something to do with a wooden floor and something buttery. Maybe he had finally seen his cholesterol level. Not that it wasn't absolutely perfect or anything...

"Ughhh," he grunted. "Why does my head feel like it was run over by a freight train? What is going on up there?"

*Meanwhile, in Phil's brain...*

"Private Mindbuster, what is your report?"

"We have sustained heavy damage along the part of the brain that controls language, Captain Serotonin. I don't think Private Fromage will ever recover."

Captain Serotonin face went pale. "No! Without Private Fromage, we may never remember grade 9 French again!"

"Y-you can't be serious, Captain! W-what can w-we do?"

The captain closed his eyes. "There's nothing we can do Private. Nothing but sit here and wait for our demise..."

*Back in reality*

Phil shook his head. "God, I need an Advil. Or maybe some morphine. Yeah, morphine would sure hit the spot right abo-"

"Umm...excuse me."

Phil froze up. That voice, that unmistakable voice. Why couldn't that voice be any other voice? He turned to the source and there sat the being that both saved his life and terrified the living crap out of him. A colourful talking horse. His eye twitched and his mouth contorted into a nervous grin. He assumed it was female from the tone of its voice and its frilly colours. She sat in a puppy-like manor with a bag of ice at her fe...err...hooves.

"I-I don't m-mean to interrupt you, b-but I th-thought you might want an i-ice pack. You hit you h-head pretty hard when you...umm...screamed and passed out."

Phil wasn't listening to what she was saying. He was still to hung up on her ability to speak in the first place. "You...you can t-talk? You can really talk?"

She looked away awkwardly. "Well...I am talking right now, aren't I?"

"...Technically I have to accept that...wow..." He tilted his head at the yellow equine. Upon closer inspection, she didn't seem like any horse he'd seen, and not just because of her colour scheme. Her eyes were much larger than any horse he'd seen, and he had seen quite a few horses in his time. Like 6 or 7. She also appeared to have a tattoo on her thigh. Horse tramp stamp? We may never know. He took a look at her back and realized he had missed something pretty important. She had wings. Wings! She talked and was a mythological creature from legend? Some people had all the luck.

The horse, or what Phil called her out of jealousy, Wingy, reached down and picked up the ice pack in her mouth. In a move that surprised Phil, Wingy opened her wings and fluttered up to his head level.

"That'll help soothe that nasty bump on your head," she said fluttering back down. "I-I'm sorry I startled you before, I never expected you to react that way to me. Umm...if I can ask, why did you react like that?"

She stared at him with her huge turquoise eyes waiting for an answer. God, those eyes were big. Phil could see his whole body in her eye's reflection. He thought about it for a bit and realized his reaction to her presence might have been really flamboyant a tad strong.

"Umm...well...I've just never seen a talking horse before, that's all."

A look of shock and surprise overtook her face. "I-I don't know what a 'horse' is, but do you mean you've never seen a pony before?"

"I've seen ponies before," Phil said, finally calming down a bit. "I've just never seen talking ponies before." Suddenly a metaphorical lightbulb appeared above his head and Phil remembered his objectives. He needed answers. Not an ice pack for his little bumpy-wumpy, but cold, hard answers. But of course, manners first.

"Forget about that for now," he said straightening up. "I need to thank you for saving my life. Another few seconds and I would've been Meow-mix. You even bandaged my wounds for me. I really can't thank you enough."

She looked down in embarrassment. "I-it was nothing, really. I look after animals all the time, so I'm used to treating injuries every once in a while."

"I've never really been injured like this before, but the bandaging feels alright, so I'll have to accept you did a good job. By the way, my name is Phil, and I don't believe I caught your name."

"..." Wingy's gaze drifted downward and she pawed the ground nervously. "Mm name s' fl...sh..."

Phil wasn't quite sure he caught what she said. "I'm sorry, did you say your name was Musty Rye?"

Wingy tried to hide behind her hair...mane...thing in an attempt to look even meeker than she already did. "I said, mm nme s' ..ut....hy."

Phil scratched his ears to make sure he wasn't hearing things. "Busty Guy?"

Busty Guy started shaking. "*eep*"

"Oh, okay, my mistake. You're pretty quiet, y'know? It's nice to meet you, Custard Pie. But I gotta be honest with you, that's a pretty strange name."

She stopped shaking. "Umm...that isn't my na-"

"I mean, I guess it's better than Busty Guy," ignoring her. "But your parents really could've picked a better name, or at least a better topping."

"That's because it isn't m-"

"Maybe raspberry, or lemon cause you're all yellow and stuff."

"Because it's n-"

"Oh, I'm sorry, you must get people saying that a lot, you don't want to hear it from me."

"..." She gave Phil a tired look. She had never been a fan of tomfoolery.

Phil didn't pick up on her frustration. "So Custard, could you tell me where we are?"

Her expression brightened. "Oh, yes, we're in my home right now; it's where I look after all my animals like bunnies and squirrels and-"

Phil, once again, cut her off(so much for manners, eh?). "Whoa, whoa, sorry to interrupt. I'd love to hear your life story another time, but right now I just want to know what country we're in. I get the feeling I'm not in [insert country here] anymore."

"Oh, umm...sorry. Right now, we're in Equestria."

Phil couldn't recall a country called Equestria, but he was never very good at geography. His own personal philosophy was that it was un-patriotic to learn about other countries when he could learn about more important things, like how to find his house on Google maps.

"Just what continent is this 'Equestria' on?"

She stared blankly at him. "Umm...continent?"

Now Phil started to panic. "You know, like the seven large land masses that make up Planet Earth. The continents."

"...Planet Earth?"

Phil felt something in his brain snap. "Uh oh."

Author's Note:

Phew, I've finally gotten through the questioning part of this fic. Next chapter, I finally get to dive into the juicy part. The shipping.
Stay tuned folks!