• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 13,158 Views, 574 Comments

She's Having A Foal - MaxBeezy



In the sequel to My New Life In Equestria, Matt and Applejack prepare for the birth of their foal. Hilarity ensues. Sort of.

  • ...
113
 574
 13,158

Month Seven

Month seven has begun.

Applejack, the once strong and proud farmpony of Sweet Apple Acres, no longer has the strength to applebuck anymore. She spends her days at home, while Matt goes out and does the work. Recently, he’s been staying at the farm longer than normal, compensating for the lack of Applejack, and doing double the work in the process. He would come home tired, sweaty, and generally out of breath. The stress of working overtime hasn’t taken a toll on the human, far from it. He keeps chugging ahead, so that they would make just as many bits as if Applejack was working. Though his body might be sore, it’s her that keeps him going.

Monday has arrived. The weekend between the two was spent staying home, cuddling on the couch, watching movies on the television. Matt would lie down, as Applejack would curl up on top of him, with her head resting on his chest. She would joke about how she’s probably weighing him down like a massive boulder, but he would smile, kiss her on the muzzle, and tell her that he doesn’t mind. On these nights, the sensation of his wife’s warm and pregnant body on top of him would cause him to fall asleep peacefully. He hasn’t been able to complete a nighttime viewing of a film for weeks.

The thought of being a burden on her husband has crossed Applejack’s mind. She feels bad for staying at home, doing what she perceives as nothing, while Matt goes out there and works his behind off at the farm with Big Macintosh. She wishes that there was something that she could do, but she knows that she can’t.

On this Monday morning, Applejack and Matt sit in the bathtub together, with Matt scrubbing her down with a loofa. Applejack sits there, non-talkative and silent, as Matt cleans her up. He notices her distance, as this wasn’t the first time he’s seen her lost in thought.

“AJ?” Matt says, hoping to snap her out of it, “AJ?” he repeats.

“Huh?” Applejack shakes her head, getting herself out of her daze. “I’m sorry. Got lost in mah own little world there.”

“Are you okay?” he asks, “You seem a little out of it.”

“I’m alright, sugarcube.” she smiles faintly, “No need to worry about me.”

“That’s the problem. I worry about you all the time.” he smirks, followed by a chuckle.

“Ah think ya have enough to worry about. What with you havin’ to work for the both of us and all.”

“My well-being is far from my radar of important things to pay attention to. It’s usually Applejack twenty four seven.”

Applejack laughs at his comment. It’s been a while since she’s laughed like that, something that surprises Matt.

“Come on, now. Ah doubt you think about me ALL the time.”

“Why’s that?”

“You know...” she raises her eyebrow with a smile, “With the only mare not in the orchard with a couple colts, ah bet you and Big Mac walk around, talkin’ about all the pretty mares in Equestria, and bein’ all deviant.” she teases in her speech. If he confirmed such a thing, she wouldn’t be mad about it.

“Okay, maybe sometimes. But as I talk about how good lookin’ Mrs. Cake is, I’m still thinking about you at the same time.”

“Mrs. Cake?” Applejack chortles, “Really?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with Mrs. Cake? She happens to have a pretty good figure for a mare with two kids.”

“Nothin’. Ah always thought you two would talk about mares like Roseluck or Mayor Mare.”

“They get in the conversation as well.” he smiles, “The point I making is that even though we talk about stuff like that...I feel bad; that’s all.”

“Why would you feel bad?”

“Because, I’m out there for hours on end, applebucking the crap out of the trees, while you’re at home and all alone. I feel bad for not spending a lot of time with you.”

“That’s what the weekends are for. We can spend all the time we want then.”

“And then, it’s back to work, and back to worrying.”

“It’s all right, Matt.” She puts a hoof on his chest, “Ah am perfectly fine. Besides, ah enjoy watching The Real Housemares of Applewood marathons.”

The two chuckle at the thought of that show. Applejack would watch it all the time, just to laugh at the stupid behavior of all the foolish ponies on that show, mare or stallion. On some nights, Matt would sit down with Applejack to watch it, and found it a barrel of laughs. While they are both in agreement that it’s the stupidest show they’ve ever seen, neither one could deny that they have a lot of fun watching it together.

Still…he worries.

Matt puts a hand on her shoulder, caressing her coat with a thumb.

“Zap apples are coming soon.” Matt says, “Once that’s over, I’m going to take a small break, and spend all of my waking hours with you.”

“Oh Matt…” Applejack moves closer, nuzzling her muzzle on his cheek. “Ya don’t need to do that.”

“I don’t need to…but I WANT to.” he looks into her eyes.

They stare for a while, before moving in for a deep kiss. It’s a romantic, but sensual kiss. Applejack moans as their tongues play, but before it could get heavier, she breaks away from him, holding her muzzle like she did something bad.

“Sorry…” Applejack blushes, “Didn’t expect it to get so hot n’ heavy.”

“It’s quite alright.” Matt smirks, “I had it under control.”

They both have a good laugh, treating their almost session of making love into a little humorous moment.

In Applejack’s mind however…she is starting to wonder how much longer she can quell her desire for him. He has made due on his promise to control himself, even though he has freely admitted to being more attracted to her as the days go by.

The kiss in the bathtub was just one of many incidents Applejack has gone through in the past couple of months; one of many incidents when a simple kiss almost became something more. Matt would always tell her that it was okay, and that he would have stopped her if she was going too far, but within her mind, she is convinced that he wouldn’t have done such a thing.

She feels that she shouldn’t think so negatively of him; that what he says is the truth. But, as the months go by, her head is telling her that he wants her so badly, he may soon break their promise to each other.

Applejack is doing her best to hide those feelings towards him.


After a quick breakfast, and saying their goodbyes, Matt is out the door, once again leaving Applejack behind to her own devices.

“Another day, another episode.” Applejack said, hopping up on the couch to watch television.

While Real Housemares of Applewood won’t be one for another couple of hours, there are plenty of episodes of The Ponies Court to go around. She smiles as she changes the channel to view the program. On it, two ponies are locked in a divorce settlement, where the colt demands the house, but the mare wants it all.

Applejack shakes her head at the silliness, as she makes herself comfortable.

An hour passes, and the last court case is finishing up. Applejack is starting to feel hungry again; her stomach growling something fierce. Being pregnant has upped her metabolism significantly, causing her to eat more than she is used to.

She saunters over to the fridge, opening it up to see the tasty goodies inside.

“Now, what should ah have today?” she looks at the bottom, “Applefritter? Apple bumkin? Apple Pie? Hmmm….” She can’t make a decision. Her stomach growls impatiently. “Settle down, little one. Mommy’s tryin’ to make a decision.” Her stomach growls again. “Aw shucks, what ah wouldn’t give to have some kind of cake, right now. Not just any cake, that one cake Pinkie made a long time ago. What was it? The Marapan…marsca…marscapone….AH POOEY! It was called the MMMM! Ah want that! Oh…” she looks over at the front door, “Ponyville is too far. Ah don’t think mah dogs can handle it.” She glances down at her hooves, which get easily tired now from too much walking.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Somepony is at the door.

“What in the hay?” Applejack raises an eyebrow at the sound, “Who could that be?”

She walks over to the door. Carefully, she opens it up.

“Now, who are ya, and what…”

Behind the door are all her friends! Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash…and Twilight!

“Surprise…” Pinkie says calmly, but happily.

Applejack is in stunned silence. It’s been a while since she’s seen her friends, about a couple weeks to be precise. The last time they hung out, they mentioned how busy they were going to be, so Applejack figured she wouldn’t be seeing them for quite a while.

They’re here now, and all she can do is stare. Finally, she embraces the closet pony in her vicinity, Pinkie Pie.

“Ah missed you girls!” Applejack exclaimed, “What are y’all doin’ here?”

“We came to see you, darling.” Rarity said, “We all felt so bad for being away from you for so long, that we decided to throw you a little get together.”

“Emphasis on little, right Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash turns to Pinkie with a stern eye. “Don’t want the little guy popping out of AJ before he’s ready.”

“Of course!” Pinkie said assuredly, “I didn’t bring my party cannon, didn’t I?”

“With you, we have no idea if you did or not.” said Twilight. “You always managed to pull it out of nowhere.”

“True, but I totally didn’t bring it with me this time!”

“Shucks girls, y’all didn’t have to do this. Plus, we don’t even know if the little one is going to be a filly or a colt yet.”

“Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s going to be beautiful.” Fluttershy smiled.

“Excuse me?” A familiar voice calls out, “Is no pony going to move out of the way for the expectant mother to see me?”

“Oops, sorry.” Twilight blushed, moving out of the way.

To Applejack’s shock, standing before her is Trixie! It’s has been a REALLY long time, since either Matt and AJ saw her. Shortly after the wedding, Trixie moved to Applewood to become an actress, after quitting the world of magic and stripping for bigger and better things. Through her talent, and a few acting lessons (lessons that she won’t admit she got), she managed to bag the lead role for Transformares 4.

Applejack hobbled through the crowd to get to Trixie, going in for an embrace.

She never forgot Trixie’s attempted sacrifice; trying to substitute AJ for her, when under the threat of King Sombra. It was an act that Applejack would always remember.

“It’s so great to see you, Trixie.”

“Yes…quite…” Trixie pats Applejack on the back, “Now stop with the hugging, you’re messing up my coat.”

Applejack lets go, slightly embarrassed.

“Sorry…”

Trixie’s stern expression turns into a gentle smile.

“Oh, I’m just kidding.” Trixie giggles, “Let Trixie give you a REAL hug!” she lunges forward, giving Applejack her own hug. “Not too tight, though. I don’t want to crush your little filly.”

“I’m telling you, it’s going to be a colt!” Rainbow Dash argues, “AJ totally looks like the kind of mare that would give birth to a colt!”

“I disagree…” said Rarity, “I think AJ has the perfect genes to make a beautiful little filly.”

“Whatever the case is…” Twilight interrupts, “We should head inside. We have a little surprise for you.”

The ponies lead Applejack back into the house, with Pinkie putting a blindfold over her. The feeling of déjà vu makes Applejack chuckle.

“Here we go with the blind fold again.” Applejack smiles, “If ah find myself in a stallion strip club again, ah swear to Celestia...”

“Relax…” Rainbow Dash says, “We’re back in your house. No gyrating colts here. Trixie might do something for you, if you want her to.”

“No! I refuse!” Trixie scoffs.

“Relax, I’m just teasing. Though I wouldn’t mind….” her voice subtly hints at a shred of seduction.

“Rainbow…” Fluttershy says with a surprising amount of sternness.

“Ooops. Sorry Flutters.”

“Where are y’all takin’ me?” Applejack demands.

“To the couch.” Twilight answers.

Immediately, Applejack is seated on the couch, and the blind fold is taken off. In front of her, stands a very tall cake. It’s the exact kind of cake she was thinking about not moments ago. Her eyes widen, her mouth drops, and a small strand of drool pours out of the corners of her lips.

“It’s….it’s….” is all Applejack could say.

“It’s the MMMM!” Pinkie Pie completes her friend’s thought. “I know you haven’t had one in a while, and I thought ‘Hey! You know what AJ would like? The MMMM!’ so I made it! You like it?”

“It’s…it’s….sweet Celestia….” Applejack licks her lips intently at the cake, ready to tackle into its sweet, sugary goodness.

“Go ahead!” Twilight said with a grin, “Take a…”

CHOMP!

Applejack takes a massive bite of the bottom piece. She was so hungry, a good quarter of it has disappeared into her mouth.

“Bite…” Twilight continues silently.

“Oh mah….MMMMM!!!!” Applejack revels in the taste. She doesn’t know if Pinkie Pie did something to make it sweeter, or that her pregnancy had made her taste buds more sensitive, but it’s the sweetest thing she ever tasted. “Ah want more! MINE!” she screams, pulling the cake closer to her, without giving anypony a piece.

The others watch in a combination of amazement and horror, as their friend eats the cake in a hurried manner that would rival even Pinkie’s eating habits. Within seconds, what was once a towering marvel of sweetness and yumminess, has been reduced to nothing but a few crumbs on the plate.

Rarity, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, ponies who aren’t strangers to the power of the MMMM, could only hold back their tears, as their chances at having another bite of the cake, have disappeared.

Trixie laughs at the sight, proud of her friend’s appetite.

“My, my, my!” Trixie says in amusement, “You were quite the hungry one!”

“I’ll say…” said Rainbow Dash, “You didn’t save any for the rest of us!”

“Sorry girls…” Applejack wiped her crumb covered mouth in embarrassment. “Ah guess ah was hungrier than ah thought.”

“It’s okay dearie.” Rarity said with kindness, though undoubtedly disappointed that she didn’t get a taste, “We know that being so late in the pregnancy can make your stomach more open to eating great big meals!”

“Yeah! Like eating a WHOLE cake!” Pinkie says while trying to collect her jaw from the floor, “That’s got to be some kind of record for cake eating!”

“Aw shucks, Pinkie. We all know that you’re the one with the fastest record, not to mention the one that can eat a whole cake in one bite without gettin’ crumbs everywhere. Lookie here…” Applejack points to the mess of crumbs on the plate and floor, “Ah made a big ol’ mess!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.” Twilight assures her, as her horn glows. Cleaning materials emerge from the kitchen, and within seconds, the floor is clean once again.

The six ponies find sit down by Applejack, forming a sort of semi-circle, like a group of campers getting ready to tell stories by the fire. Only instead of a fire in front of them, there’s a pregnant mare laying on the couch. Trixie, though happy to see her good friend, can’t help but notice that somepony or someone, is missing from this little scene.

“Hey, where’s Matt? Shouldn’t he be here right now, taking care of you?” asks Trixie.

“He’s over at the farm, helpin’ Big Mac take care of the apples. Zap apples are comin’ soon, and he’s gotta be there when they ripen. Y’all know how time sensitive those things are.”

“Yeah, but he should be here, taking care of you!” Rainbow says, “Can’t just leave a pregnant mare all alone in the house. What if something happens?! Like, you going into labor or something?!”

“Rainbow!” Rarity interjects, “Honestly! She’s only seven months pregnant. I doubt that she will be going into labor any time soon!”

“I know, but I’m talking about LATER.” She corrects herself, “What if she goes into labor, and he’s not here to take her to the hospital?!”

“Don’t you worry your multi-colored mane, RD. When ah get closer to term, Matt will take a break from the farm to take care of me. We already set up the vacation days, so it’s all goin’ to be fine.”

It’s true too. By the time Applejack gets closer to the time she is to give birth, it’s at a period in the year where Sweet Apple Acres isn’t relied on for an abundance of apples, or barrels upon barrels of cider. Taking advantage of that, Matt told Granny Smith and the others that he would need to time off to take care of Applejack. They accepted, of course. As busy as the Apple Family gets, even they know their priorities.

Applejack turns her attention back to Trixie, eager to ask her all the questions on her mind.

“So, Trixie. What have you been up to?” she asks, “We heard you were workin’ on that big Applewood movie.”

“Transformares 4? Oh yes, that was an absolute dream to work on. The director was such a doll. He used to make music videos and lingerie commercials, and it definitely showed. He did all these wonderful shots; the dailies were so amazing! Of course, he had to ask me once or twice to film lingering shots of my rump.” she giggles at the thought.

“He did?” asked Applejack.

“He sure did! I wasn’t one to get in the way of art, so I let him. It looks quite marvelous in 3D.”

“Darling!” Rarity interjects, “You shouldn’t let him objectify you like that!”

“Oh don’t be such a prude, Rarity.” Trixie smiles, “We got it, might as well flaunt it, is what I always say.” Trixie playfully saunters, proud of her looks. “Plus, you cannot deny that The Great and Powerful Trixie has a great and powerful plot!”

“She sure does…” Rainbow Dash takes a gander. She is suddenly yanked from looking by Fluttershy, who gives her an assertive look. “I…I mean uh…plot shmot! Booo!” she awkwardly smiles at Fluttershy. It will have to do.

“Besides, I have no problem with it.” Trixie continues, “I was a stripper in Las Pegasus, don’t forget. A fact that the press would never did. I think I saw some of them at Frisky Filles one time or another.”

Applejack has a good chuckle about that, considering Matt told her about his encounter with Trixie in Las Pegasus, when she was known as The Hot and Sexy Trixie.

“It’s nice to see you again, Trixie.” Applejack says.

“If you want, you can see me as often as you like. I just so happen to be staying in town for a while, and I rented Twilight’s old house.” she looks over at the Princess, “It’s a shame you got rid of all the books in there. I have nothing to read.”

“My house was also a library, you know.” Twilight giggles, “I donated the books to the recently opened Ponyville Library, if you want to read them so badly.”

“Oh? Maybe I will then.”

As Applejack watches the two mares talk….she feels it.

She gasps in shock, putting all her attention on her stomach. The other ponies get up from their seated positions, walking to the their friend to make sure she is okay.

“AJ?” Twilight said, “What’s wrong?”

“The foal…” Applejack breathed out in amazement, “It…kicked.”

The six ponies around her gasped in shock and awe, as they smiled wide and got closer to her stomach. Briefly having a brief feel, in the hopes that the foal inside would kick again.

Rarity is the first to feel it kick.

“I felt it!” she yelled.

“So did I!” exclaimed Twilight.

Eventually, all the other ponies would feel the little one bump around in Applejack’s stomach. The first real sign of life inside of her. Only a few more months to go, before she is to see it with her own two eyes. The feeling of the foal moving around was enough to drive her to tears of joy, and the others followed suit with her, crying out of congratulations.

Her only regret…was that she wished Matt was there.


Night has fallen. Applejack has said goodbye to her friends, arranging another get together in the near future. She is now in bed, struggling to fall asleep. Matt isn’t home yet, and she is getting worried. Did something happen? Is he okay? Her mind races so much, that even the thought of closing her eyes is far gone. She tells herself that it’s nothing. If something did happen, Big Mac, or Applebloom would be arriving on the doorstep to tell her.

Before she decides to get out of bed, she hears the front door open and close. Moments later, she can hear the familiar footsteps of her human husband come up the stairs, sounding like how he’s sounded for the last couple weeks when he came home late. Out of breath, tired, and possibly very sweaty. He walks into their bedroom, carefully, so to not wake her up. Her back is turned to him, so he cannot see that she is still very much awake.

Matt walks out of the room, and into the bathroom, where the shower is turned on, and he is cleansed of the farmwork he had to do.

Minutes pass, and Matt emerges in his pajamas, carefully sliding into bed with all the grace he could muster.

“Hi, Matt.” Applejack whispers, startling him. He recovers, putting a hand on her shoulder, and bringing her in for a kiss on the cheek.

“I’m sorry for being so late.” He says gently, “The zap apples will be coming any day now, and Granny Smith had me get the items needed for the preparation.”

“Did she have you get jars for her to talk to?” Applejack smiles.

“Yeah, she did.” he chuckles, “I didn’t know if I’ll ever get used to that.”

“Ask her why she does that. I’m sure she’ll be happy to tell you the story.”

“And I’m sure it’s a pretty epic story.” He gives her a peck on the shoulder. “How was your day?”

“It was great.” she smirked, “The girls came by today.”

“Did they?” he asked.

Applejack moves to face him. When she does, she places a hoof on his chest, and he a hand on her cheek. She smiles happily, as she looks into his loving gaze.

“Yeah. Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Twilight showed up.”

“Even Twilight? I wasn’t expecting that.”

“Apparently, they all were worried about me. Ya didn’t have anythin’ to do with that, did ya?”

“No. I guess they were under the same mindset as me.” he smirks, sincere in his answer.

“And that’s not all…Trixie showed up.”

“She did?” Matt’s eyes widened. It’s been too long since he’s seen her, and he would love to catch up with her. “Was it just for today?”

“Nope. She’s staying at Twilight’s old place. If ya want to visit her, that’s where she’ll be.” she prods him playfully, “Ya ain’t thinkin’ of cheatin’ on me, are ya?”

“Are you kidding? I want to ask her about working on Transformares 4!”

“Well, all I can say right now is that you’ll be able to see her rump in 3D.”

“Awesome!” Matt says excitedly, fooling around with her. She laughs in response. “I’m kidding, AJ. You know there’s only one rump out there that trumps all the rest.”

His hand wanders down to Applejack’s now shapely flank, giving it a light grab. She giggles, before bringing his hand back to her waist.

“Settle down, now.” she says.

“You know me.” he kisses her on the cheek, “I’m just playing around.”

“Ah haven’t gotten to the best part of the day.”

“What could be better than that?”

“It kicked.”

“What?” Matt pauses, trying to figure out what she meant. Soon, it dawns on him. She’s talking about the foal. His eyes widen, as he moves down to her stomach, putting an ear against it. “It kicked?! Really?!”

“Yeah. It was kickin’ up a storm, when ah was with the others. Ya should have seen it.”

Matt caresses her stomach, hoping to get a reaction out of the foal inside. Seconds pass, and nothing happens. He stays there for a few extra moments, but still nothing. He sighs, disappointed, before coming back up to face Applejack.

“I guess it doesn’t like me.” he says.

“Nonsense. I’m sure it’s just sleepin’.”

“Man, I wish I was there.” he pouts, “I spend all day at the farm, and I missed the first time that the foal kicked. Maybe…maybe I should just take the time off now.”

“No, you don’t….”

“I want to.” he interrupts. “I’ve spent way too much time at the farm, when I should be here, taking care of you all the time.”

“But, you are takin’ care of me. You’re providin’ money for me and the foal. Ah know how much ya care about bits.”

“Not as much as I care about you.” he says, keeping his hand on her stomach. He knows he wants to just up and tell the others that he wants to take the time off, but as he looks into his wife’s eye, a simple look tells him that she’s fine. She could be only putting on a brave face, but she is the element of Honesty. “Are you sure? You know how bad I feel when I leave you alone all day.”

“I’m sure.” She kisses him, “You may have missed the first kick, but you have the first walk, the first word….”

“The first applebuck…the first time it tramples me.” he continues.

“Especially the first time it tramples you.” They chortle together. “Don’t you worry about a thing, Matt. You’re here now, and that’s all that matters.” She puts her forelegs around him, pressing his body onto her coat. “Now, ah can sleep.”

“I’ll try not to be so late next time.”

“Good, I’m beginnin’ to miss our movie nights.”

“You mean the nights where I fall asleep before the movie is done?”

“Exactly.” she laughs, closing her eyes and letting out a big yawn. “Good night, sugarcube.”

“Good night, AJ. Sweet dreams.” he kisses the top of her mane, before going off to sleep.


It’s the middle of the night now. Both Applejack and Matt are seemingly sound asleep, locked in a deep embrace that would be difficult to break. At around two in the morning, Applejack awakens. Not from a nightmare, but from something else. An urge.

She looks up at her husband, who is still fast asleep. Slowly, she moves him onto his back, and carefully moving up towards him, with half her body on him, and the other half on the bed. This is something she has done many times, and something that she keeps telling herself not to do.

Slowly, she brings her hoof up to his lips, touching them, like she is thinking about her next move. The thought is just too enticing for her, as she licks her lips in anticipation. She brings her head down, and lightly touches his lips with hers. It’s a small kiss, but it’s only one of many. She goes down again, this time, her kiss is sensual in nature, and becomes something more lustful.

This is the part where Matt wakes up. While the feeling of kissing his wife is something that he cherishes, knowing what kind of kiss this entails confuses him.

“AJ…” he says briefly, silenced by a hoof on his chest.

“Shhhh…hold still.” Applejack says seductively, getting further on top of him to the point of straddling him.

Matt’s hands move to her waist, caressing her coat, as her kisses get wilder and more erotic by the second.

“Ah want you…” Applejack exhales, as Matt kisses her neck.

“So do I…” he says.

He moves her over to her side of the bed, his hands and lips never separating from her. She loves this feeling. She loves his fingers guiding along her body, and her hooves touching his back. She loves this. She loves him.

But she has to stop this.

Her brain fires on all synapses, thoughts flare as her mind prevails, reminding her of what she is doing, and the possible consequences she might face. The story she’s heard a million times before finally gets through to her, just as a revelation dawns. Matt wasn’t going to stop. He told her that morning that he would have stopped any attempt from her, but here he is, not doing what he said he would. He’s controlled himself before, but he’s not now.

She knew this day would come, and deep down, she is angered.

“Wait…wait stop…” Applejack says, “Matt…” she starts pushing on him, “Stop!”

He lets go of her. His face looks like that of euphoria and confusion.

“Oh…oh wow.” Was all he could say.

“Ah…I’m sorry. Ah shouldn’t have done that.” Applejack faces away from him, with her back in front of him. “Why didn’t ya stop it?” she says with accusation, “Ya said you would have stopped if it got too heavy!”

“To be fair, I was the one who woke up with your tongue down my throat, and you were going on about how you wanted me.”

“But, you know about our deal!” she turns to look at him.

“I know. I just thought…you know…” he gives her a sorry look, like some kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Whatever. Good night.” she scoffs, turning back away from him.

“Hey, are you mad at me?” he looks over to see her face. She glances up at his worried expression.

“Ah…ah don’t know.” she says, unsure if she should be. “This is the fourth time this has happened. Ya think we both would have learned to control ourselves.”

“Look. I’m sorry, AJ.” he puts a hand on her shoulder. “I should have said something earlier.”

“Ya saying this is mah fault?”

“No! I’m saying that it’s my fault for not stopping.”

“So it is mah fault. It’s mah fault for startin’ it. If ah didn’t stop it, you wouldn’t have had ta end it. So, it’s mah fault!”

“It’s both our faults…but mine more than yours.” he takes most the blame. “I’d say it’s about 20/80.” he chuckles, hoping to get her to crack a smile.

It takes a little, but eventually she finally does crack a small smile, whilst shaking her head. She looks up at him.

“Promise me. Promise ya won’t let this happen again.”

“I promise. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” He does the Pinkie swear and its exact movements. “Good night, AJ.” he kisses her shoulder.

Matt lies down, looking at her back. He moves closer to her, until her back touches his chest. He wraps his arms around her, with a hand resting on her stomach. Within minutes, he goes back to sleep.

Applejack however is still awake. The feeling of Matt’s arms around her makes her urge again. Nothing would make her happier at that moment, than to turn around and finish what she started. But she can’t, she won’t. This pregnancy is beginning to take its toll on her. Her wants, needs and desires have been increased dramatically, and she is doing what she can to fight it.

Matt was right; they were both to blame, but she was treating him like it was his fault one hundred percent. She immediately felt bad for snapping at him, and doesn’t understand why she did that in the first place.

One thing is for sure…the next few months are going to be tough.