• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 523 Views, 4 Comments

Doctor's Journey without the TARDIS - TimeLord_Whooves



Doctor Whooves along with his assistant and love Derpy Hooves are sent to a strange new world with no way of getting back.

  • ...
5
 4
 523

Stranded

It was a glorious day in Ponyvile, the sun was shining high in the sky and everypony was inside to escape the summer heat. The Doctor was sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper and Derpy was in the kitchen baking muffins as usual.

“Derpy,” said the Doctor, “Are those muffins ready yet? I’m starving.”

“There not done yet, they still have about five minutes to bake.” she replied, “You and your stomach need to learn patients.”

“What?” said the Doctor dumfounded, “I have plenty of patients I’ll have you know, it’s just that I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast and I’m used to having a little snack by now.”

Derpy walked out of the kitchen, “You know, if you’re really that hungry, I’ve got a little something here for you.” She stood behind him, slowly bringing down the fruit to eye level.

“ACK! P-PEAR!” shouted the Doctor, he jumped off the couch and into the corner of the room and continued, “You know I can’t stand pears Derpy, why would you do such a thing?”

“Relax, it was just a little joke,” she said, putting the pear into her secret pear hiding place, the cupboard right next to the door, “It made you forget about your hunger didn’t it?”

“For the split second, yes.”

A ding came from the kitchen. “Muffins are done.” said Derpy, gleefully.

She went back into the kitchen and pulled the steaming tin of muffins out of the oven carefully with her mouth which was protected from the heat by a thick cloth. The tantalizing smell of the muffins came wafting through to the living room. The Doctor started to drool as he imagined taking a bite of his dear Derpy’s delicious homemade muffins.

“We just need to wait a few-“ Derpy started, but the Doctor wouldn’t wait.

He was so hungry, that he sped into the kitchen, grabbed a muffin and tossed it straight into his mouth. A second later he was running around the kitchen with tears in his eyes, his toungue sticking out and his mouth wide open to cool the slight burns from the hot muffin.

“That’s what you get for not waiting.” said Derpy, a little mad, a little concerned.

She dragged the Doctor over to the sink and let the cool water flow into his mouth.

“Thank you Derpy,” he said a little stifled due to the burns, “I’m so glad I have you with me.”

They both smiled, the Doctor’s, one of happiness and love, Derpy’s one with a slight frown as she thought he was silly. They stared deep into each other’s eyes for a while and were disrupted by a sharp knock at the door.

The Doctor went to go see who it was. When he opened the door however, there was no pony there, just the usual porch.
“Now that’s odd,” he said, “Why would somepony knock and run away, that’s just silly.”

He turned back to where Derpy had been standing seconds ago. “Now where were-“ he cut off, “Derpy? Where’d you go?”

He walked over to the kitchen and looked inside, she wasn’t there, the muffins were even untouched. Now why would she just leave them there, he wondered to himself, she usually doesn’t leave the kitchen until she’s eaten a few. He looked through the whole house for her but she wasn’t there.

As he was standing there wondering where she might have gone, a sound came from behind him. The oven timer had dinged again, but why? She can’t have put more muffins in the oven, she isn’t even here right now, he thought.

He slowly approached the oven, opening the door to peer inside. With a loud whoosh, the Doctor was sucked into the oven and a mad laugh came out of nowhere.

The Doctor was spinning, blurring everything around him. Drat, he thought to himself, he had left the sonic screwdriver in the TARDIS.

He landed gently on a strange cobblestone street, there were the usual ponies lining them though. None of them had noticed the difference however. He walked down the street, trying to find anything familiar. Where am I? He wondered as he walked.

He looked around with wonder in his eyes. Everything was so different, the buildings around him were similar to those in Ponyville yet distinctly different. The houses in Ponyville were a lot more whimsical, these houses were more symmetrical and a more functional look to them. He continued down the street looking for anything familiar.

As he looked down the next street, a carriage came around the corner two blocks away. It wasn’t being pulled by anything and it had no driver. As it came closer he noticed a familiar grey mare sticking her head out of the side.

“Doctor!” cried Derpy, “Help!”

The Doctor reacted without thinking, he jumped onto the carriage managing to climb into the driver’s seat and sat there stumped. If it was a normal carriage, he’d just pull the reigns to slow it down but nothing was pulling the carriage. He carefully made his way into the cabin and found that Derpy wasn’t alone. A light blue earth pony mare was there, elegant looking and frightened.

The Doctor looked out of the window, there was a lake not too far ahead. “Derpy, when I say so, we’re all going to jump!”

“Jump!?” she said.

“Yes, jump. You too.” he said looking over to the frightened mare, she nodded.

“Okay, jump!” he yelled at them.

They all fell from the carriage, over the side of the bridge and into the lake below. They struggled to keep above water but the one having the most trouble doing so was the unknown mare who was wearing a long thick gown. The Doctor and Derpy helped her to keep above water and slowly brought her ashore.

“Oh thank you,” she said, panting, as she got out of the water and directed her attention to the Doctor, “I can’t imagine what would have happened if you hadn’t come and saved us.”

“Us?” the Doctor said questioningly, “You mean you know my friend?”

“Your friend?” she turned to Derpy, “You didn’t tell me you had a friend before darling.”

Derpy looked at her, not sure of what to do. She didn’t know the mare but the mare certainly knew her.

“Why so quiet all of a sudden hmm?” the mare asked. She gave up on Derpy and turned her attention back to the Doctor, “My daughter seems to have grown very shy, tell me, what is your name?”

“My name…” he looked over at Derpy, she just gave him an even more confused look, “It’s Turner, Time Turner.”

“Time Turner…” she considered the name, “I don’t think I’ve heard of anypony named Turner before, where is your family?”

“I uh… I don’t have one.” he replied.

“Don’t have one? Do you live by yourself in the village?,” she gave him a concerned look.

"No, I have been traveling."

"Well then I insist you come stay at my house for a while, it's the least I can do for saving us."

She turned and climbed her way back up to the road. The Doctor and Derpy looked at each other questioningly again.

“Hurry up you two, we want to get home before nightfall.” The mare called behind her as she reached the road.

They followed, wondering what in Equestria was going on. “Doctor, I’m confused, I don’t know her but she says she’s my mother.”

“Just go with it Derpy, I’ll find a way to get us home, somehow…” he trailed off, thinking to himself, if only he hadn’t left his sonic screwdriver.