• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 6,087 Views, 683 Comments

Across the Dimensional Divide - StrawberryGamer



You ever get that feeling you get when life, the universe, and everything hates you and decides you'd be better off as a mare in another dimension, but that universe hates you too? Because that's me. Right now.

  • ...
30
 683
 6,087

The Universe Hates Me.

Donut: By himself? That guy is fucked.
Simmons: Totally.
Donut: That guy's gonna get totally fucked.
Simmons: Dammit Donut!
~Red vs. Blue (It’s always this now. Do I even need to say it anymore?)

The RV turned left onto the city streets of Seattle. They were busy as always, with cars and carts all over the place. People and ponies were walking all along the sidewalk. Pegasi were bypassing it all, as always. Flying was just the coolest thing ever. Tyler turned to me as we hit a red light. “Okay, which way should we go?” He asked.

I thought for a moment. I guess I’ll just wing it. “Turn right onto this street.” I directed, pointing towards the street sign. Tyler complied as the light went green and the RV drove on. “Now make a left here.” The RV drove up the hill rather slowly before making its turn. “There should be a mall on the right. That’s our stop.” Tyler noticed the mall and before long we were nice and settled in.

Octavia looked out the window at the mall. “Pardon me, but why are we here? What’s the purpose of coming to a mall?” She wondered. I couldn’t blame her. I didn’t really know why I wanted to come here. There was just a feeling in my gut.

I decided to lie though, so I wouldn’t worry Starry. I know she’ll be worried anyway. It’s another gut feeling. “I’ve been here before. I’m sure I’ll find some answers in there.” I said. Of course, I knew the answers lie in Yakima. I just wasn’t ready for such a long trip. It would take a good chunk of the day. So, in my head, I decided to stall until tomorrow. I know I should be more focused on trying to get home ASAP, but I was in Seattle with best pony and plenty of other friends. I was gonna enjoy this. I want to be able to look back and regret nothing.

Strapping on my saddlebag, I jumped out of the RV. Ceruline decided to hop out with me. I was fine with her coming along. I shut the door behind us and we started walking. However, a blue flash in front of my face made me stop and jump up in fright with a girly, high-pitched yelp. It was just Starry though. Geez, she didn’t need to teleport in my face. She could do it next to my face or – wait a minute… I yelped like a girl. Oh, I did not need this right now. I looked back at her. She had a smirk on her face. Well played Starry. Well played indeed. “I’m coming with you. We could find some answers faster if we searched the mall separately.” She said calmly.

Well, it was sound logic, despite the fact that I never did get along with logic. We always had our differences. I relented though, for now. “Sure. I don’t mind. We can split up and cover more ground.” I said, and continued walking to the mall. Starry followed me.

I wasn’t really amazed by the sight of the inside of the mall. The floors were white linoleum, so my hooves would make their usual loud clopping sound. Directly ahead was a set of stairs, which led to a second floor. There were shops, of course, ranging from human clothes to pony clothes. There were a lot of clothing shops. Too many for my liking. I felt my ear twitch in irritation. “I’m going upstairs. There is bound to be fewer clothing shops up there.” I said, my tone matching my ear and both matching my feeling about the clothes.

Now, don’t get me wrong here. I’m not the type of person who believes running around naked is free and all that shit. I like comfortable clothes. A nice t-shirt and sweatpants will make me happy. However, now that I am a Pegasus mare, cursed with some sort of beauty which I can’t even understand, I am expected by my new culture to wear either a dress or nothing. Suddenly, nudism seems like a very enticing opportunity, doesn’t it?

Starry seemed to understand my distaste and nodded. “Of course. We’ll look down here then.” She said. I watched her walk off before flapping my wings and hovering above the ground. The feeling of being airborne will never get old. It’s like controlling my own destiny. Well, somewhat. It’s a bit more freeing than just walking everywhere. It’s also a little disorienting to some who has spent his entire life grounded. Now that I’m able to fly anywhere, I feel free.

Flying up to the second floor, I looked up and saw a third floor. Eh, one at a time. There was only me, Ceruline, and Starry, so we were gonna take things slowly. I figured I should at least pretend to do something, so I landed and trotted over to the nearest store. It was a pony clothing store. Oh geez, not another one. I was about to turn around and see if I could find a GameStop when I noticed casual wear for mares. I was suddenly reminded of the blouses back at “my” house and realized the ponies must be adopting human fashion habits. I guess that’s a good thing. There might be some ponies against the idea though.

I went over to have a closer look. There were t-shirts for ponies. I almost squee’d right then and there. I could seriously enjoy wearing clothes again. Before I get too excited though, I need to check my budget. I peeked into my saddlebag and got out a coin sack. I’m not sure about how much these bits are worth compared to dollars, but there should be a price tag on the shirt. I put the sack back in my bag and began browsing. I found a nice looking white shirt and was about to check the price tag when I heard a voice behind me.

“No! Absolutely not!” I looked behind me to see a white unicorn with a curly purple mane and tail marching angrily towards me. I, taken aback by this display, stumbled backwards, ultimately ending with me tripping over my own tail. With a yelp of pain, I fell over backwards as Rarity approached me. “How dare you support this mockery of fashion! You will come with me so I can get you some proper attire.” She said. Her horn glowed and suddenly I felt myself being dragged away by my tail. I didn’t like that sort of feeling. I also knew what would happen if she caught me. I flapped my wings and struggled against her magic, but I just flopped on the ground in the end, and was dragged off with Rarity for a round of torture. “And while I’m at it, I’ll do something with that bedraggled coiffure of yours.” Yippee…

I don’t hate Rarity. No, not at all. I admire her spirit and generosity. She’s not exactly best pony, as that spot belongs to Vinyl, but she’s probably eight or nine on my top ten favorite pony list. However, I don’t want to be the subject of her clothing experiments. So, as she dragged me away across the hopefully clean linoleum floor to my fate, I tried to think of an escape plan. I couldn’t come up with one. She was a unicorn. A magical being that could thwart any attempt of escape, despite my best efforts. What was I against that? I was nothing. I was a measly little Pegasus mare against this magically adept unicorn. And don’t even say that she isn’t that powerful. I’ve seen the show. The magic she is capable of is crazy. In my opinion, there are three things that determine how good at magic a unicorn is.

The first is, of course, spell complexity. Spell complexity is basically the difficulty of a spell. Levitation is usually the first spell a unicorn learns, and is the simplest one. A complex spell would be the time-travel spell Star Swirl the Bearded made. Despite its complexity, Twilight managed to pull it off quite nicely. Another complex spell would be the shape shifting spell that Twilight also tried to learn. I don’t really think that bird ever returned to normal… Anyway, the most complex spell in Rarity’s arsenal that I can remember is her gem finding spell. Shame Twilight was able to copy it easily. Spell strength would also partially fall under this category.

The second is spell flexibility. This is how many spells a unicorn is able to learn and use. It usually revolves around their talent, since learning anything outside of it would take unneeded time and energy. Rarity’s talent revolves around gems, so her magic specialty would revolve around that as well. Her passion is clothing though, so she knows more magic around that topic. Twilight’s talent is magic itself, so she has a very wide flexibility in magic.

The last is magical stamina. This is basically how strongly a spell is performed and how long it can be maintained. Rarity exceeds in this category, as she is shown to be a great magical multi-tasker. Twilight is shown to be rather overpowered at this, especially during the Ursa Minor incident.

Now I’m wondering why I’m thinking about magic and why I’m comparing Rarity and Twilight’s power. I think the point I was trying to make was that Rarity is still a decent magic user. My mind tangented again. Damn, I could have used that time to think up an escape plan.

Rarity’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. “Sunny, darling? Are you well? You haven’t said a word.” She said. I blinked and looked at my surroundings. Bright colors, mainly shades of purple, covered the room. The entrance was in front of me, with a small door on my right. On my left, there were a couple dresses hung up on a rack, one of which I recognized as Rarity’s Gala dress. Along the side of the room were mannequins-er, ponyquins, I guess? I dunno. There were various materials and fabrics on shelves and a large mirror as well. “You like my temporary workplace? It’s like a home away from home.”

Honestly… No, I didn’t like it. “It’s not quite what I’m into.” I answered. “So what are you gonna do with me?” I was worried for my insanity. I didn’t want to wear a dress. I would be humiliated. I really don’t want that.

Rarity smiled. That worried me more. “I’m simply going to make you something nice. You need it, since you apparently have no sense of fashion. Don’t worry, you’ll love it.” She said. Somehow, I doubt that. Rarity walked up to me with a measuring tape and began measuring every inch of my body. She paused at my flanks. “Oh, these are nice. You must have the stallions pounding at your door.” I know that was supposed to be a compliment, but I was rather offended. “I’m rather jealous of you darling.” Call me darling one more time. I dare you… Rarity moved away from me with the measuring tape, apparently done. “Okay now… What color and style would suit you best? Oh, I know. Wait right there, please. I know just what to do.” Rarity ran off through the door.

Finally, sweet freedom. I immediately made a dash for the entrance. Opening the door, I was greeted with the mall hallways again. I quickly trotted away from that place and made my way to the food court. There were many sights, sounds, and delicious smells here. I saw many people and ponies sitting at various tables all over the court. I noticed one in particular sitting near the edge of the food court, alone. I smiled as the noticed the black coat, red mane, and glasses. “Hi there Charcoal.” I said as I trotted over to her.

The black Pegasus looked over at me. “Sunshine? What are you doing here? She asked. She was drinking what looked like tea and eating a salad. I wasn’t a fan of either, but I digress.

I smiled at Charcoal. “Oh, I’m just making a quick stop here with my friends on our way to Yakima. I’m trying to find an open portal to Equestria.” I said.

She gave me a strange look. “Why would you want to go there?” She asked.

“I need to speak with Princess Celestia about a personal matter.”

“Oh, if you want to speak with the princess, she’s at the US Capital making negotiations for the next couple weeks.”

I felt my ears droop in disappointment. “Oh. That’s a bit of bad luck.” Looks like I have to go to Washington D.C. if I want to meet her. Even then, it’s unlikely I’ll get an audience with her. I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I focused my sight onto that which caught my attention and noticed all six of the main cast standing there, talking. Okay, now I was afraid. Keeping my eyes on them, I whispered to Charcoal. “Help me.”

Charcoal looked confused for a moment before noticing my face, which was probably one of fear, and the group of ponies that I was looking at with that expression. She looked around for a bit. “Oh, hide behind the table.” She said.

I quickly hid under her table, cowering like a foal. Wait, I meant baby. Not hearing the chatting of ponies getting closer, I assumed I was safe and breathed a sigh of sweet relief. Now I just had to wait here until Charcoal gave the signal that it was okay to come out from my cover. I glanced to the side. Charcoal was sitting at her table, looking around. I could only see her legs. I looked back towards the other ponies in the food court. One couple was giving me a strange look, but I didn’t care. I shifted my gaze around and my heart almost stopped. One large earth pony was stomping around the place. I recognized his tan coat and cutie mark anywhere.

Stud Muffin.

I held in a groan. I did not need this right now. I glanced at Charcoal and gave her a little poke with my wing. She looked down at me and I pointed at Stud Muffin. “Help me again.” I said quietly, giving her my best pleading look.

Charcoal turned around and looked at the pervy stallion. “Hmmm… This is quite a predicament. I can’t think of any way you can get out of this without getting spotted.” She said with a frown.

“Well please, hurry up and find a best case scenario before Stud Muffin sees me. I didn’t want to date him then and I don’t want to now.” I pleaded.

Charcoal turned back around and gasped. “They’re gone. The Elements are gone.”

Wait, what? I snuck a peek out from under the table and saw that that they were indeed gone. I smiled. “Yes!” I shouted in glee. Then I remembered that Stud Muffin was here. Shit. Maybe I can still get away.

“Well, if it isn’t my dear little ray of sunshine.” Fuuuuuuuuck… I turned around to find him coming closer. He had a look on his face that kinda reminded me of pedobear. I could tell he was determined to either win my affection or take me by force. Either way I was fucked. I needed a distraction so I could get away.

Luckily for me, Charcoal is a good friend and stood between me and Stud Muffin. “I’m sorry, but I can’t let you have your way with my friend. Back off.” She said sternly. I’m honestly glad she’s my friend. I wouldn’t want to be on her bad side. I’m a little intimidated by that look.

I could tell Mr. Buttsack wasn’t though. He just laughed and shoved Charcoal to the side. She fell over, but quickly recovered and tried to block him again. I could tell he was getting angry by his face. In one swift movement, Stud Muffin’s hoof collided with the side of her head. The black mare was sent tumbling off to the side and laid there.

I looked at her unconscious form. “Oh no, Charcoal!” I turned back and gave Stud Muffin a furious look. “How dare you hurt my friend!” I shouted at him. I raised my front hoof and gave him the strongest punch I could.

It did nothing though. He simply grabbed my hoof in the middle of the punch and pulled me in closer. I let out a yelp of surprise and I went from anger to worry. I felt his other hoof wrap around my waist, or whatever it’s called for a pony. I felt another blush come on and he took that as a signal to move his hoof down to my flank. Now I was just plain afraid of him. “Come on babe, let’s go somewhere a bit more private.” He said in a low, sultry voice.

I was terrified. This disgusting stallion wanted to have his way with me. I was a guy mentally though, so this would be even more mentally scarring than usual. I squirmed to try and get out of his grip. It was no use though. He was a lot stronger than I was. I felt his grip tighten and his hoof squeezed my flank. I let out a high-pitched squeak and my blush intensified. Nonono… This is SO wrong! There were others here too. All I had to do was scream and they would come running. I couldn’t do it though. I could not bring myself to scream. What is wrong with me?

I tried to pull away from him, but that only spurred him on. His muzzle lowered until it almost touched mine. My eyes widened in terror. I couldn’t move… He had me… I tried to move or speak but I couldn’t. Help! Somebody! Please!

“Hold on Sunny! I’m coming!”

Huh? Someone heard me?

Before I knew what would be the most scarring thing in my life happened to me, some sort of angel crashed into Stud Muffin’s side, sending us tumbling a bit. I felt myself come loose from his grip and I landed on my belly, sprawled out on the floor. I was a little dazed and shook my head to clear it somewhat. The full reality of my situation hit me then. I’m a mare. I’m feminine.

I’m weak.

I don’t know how long I laid there. I just knew I was there for a while, curled up into the smallest ball I could manage, trying to be as unnoticeable as possible. I had given up. I was a pathetic little mare in an unforgiving world. Mare. Mare. That word echoed in my head. Mare meant female. That’s what I was. The body. The voice. The emotions. All of them were supposed to belong to a female. Now they belonged to me. I was raised as a male. To be thrust into this suddenly is… just too much for me to handle. I can’t escape from it. Stud Muffin has taught me that. No matter where I go, my feminine body will come with me and make me suffer. I just wanted it to end. Please… I just wanna go home…

I felt something nudge my side softly a couple times, followed by a soft voice. “Sunny? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” I peeked out of my little ball to find Snowstorm’s muzzle right in front of me, his expression was one of caring and concern. “I got here just in time, didn’t I? I’m glad.” He said. He nudged me again. “Come on Sunny. Get up. We should get going.”

I nodded weakly and stood up slowly. I couldn’t bring myself to speak. I didn’t want to hear my own voice anymore. No, it wasn’t even mine. It belonged to a strange mare I didn’t know whose body I was borrowing. I needed to get my body back and give the mare her own body back. How I was going to do so remained a problem though. After all, Celestia was all the way in D.C.

I heard a groaning from behind me and turned to see Charcoal getting up. She stood up slowly and looked at me, then Snowstorm, then back to me. “Well, I see you found a friend. Good job.” She said.

I looked back and smiled. “Thanks for saving me.” I said, cringing inwardly at the sound of my voice. I knew I at least thought I could bear it, but now I’m not sure anymore. It’s just a reminder of what just almost happened to me. I just have to be strong. Be brave. I’m on an adventure. It’ll be fun. Yeah.

Snowstorm smiled warmly. “It’s not a problem at all. We’re friends, right? Friends look out for each other.” He said. Then he leaned in closer and seemed to examine me. “You don’t look brainwashed.”

I blinked. What? Twilight had told him too? “No. I’m not.” I said blankly.

Snowstorm gave a nervous chuckle. “Hehe, then I guess I have nothing to worry about. So what brings you here?” He asked.

“Oh, just passing through. I’m on a road trip with some friends.” I replied.

“Cool. Can I come with you?”

I thought about it for a sec, then turned to Charcoal. “How about you? You seem to know a lot. How would you like to come?”

Charcoal looked at me and nodded. “Sure. I have no arrangements for a while. Should be fun.” She said.

“Great. Both of you, come on then.” I said, and trotted toward the stairs. The other two pegasi followed me. When I reached the stairs, I opened my wings and gently hovered down to the ground floor. I saw Starry Night and Ceruline waiting for me. “Did you two find anything out?” I asked.

I got a resounding head shake from both of them. “No one here knew anything. Though, I did see Twilight and her five friends leave the mall a few minutes ago.” Starry said.

“I saw them at the food court upstairs. They were looking for me. Either way, I got the information we need.” I said. I noticed Snowstorm and Charcoal come down the stairs, and waved them over to me. “Introductions. Starry, Ceruline, this is Snowstorm and Charcoal. They’re friends of mine.” I looked back at the newcomers. “Snowy, Charcoal, these are some new friends of mine: Starry Night and Ceruline.”

Snowstorm and Ceruline seemed to greet each other eagerly, bumping hooves. Starry and Charcoal were a bit less eager, studying each other with their eyes before nodding. I watched them. Ceruline turned to face me. “So, you said you knew where to go?” She asked.

I nodded. “Celestia is in Washington D.C. doing negotiations with the US. Most likely about land and Citizenship and all that political jazz I don’t care about. The point is that’s where we’ll find her.” I explained.

“So how exactly will we get into that meeting?” Starry asked.

“We’ll figure that little detail out later.” I turned around toward the entrance. “For now, we should get going.” I started to walk out the door. The others followed me. Going back out into the parking lot, we came to the RV and I knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. “Hey, it’s me! Open up!” I shouted.

I heard a faint scrambling noise and a few seconds later, Vinyl opened the door for us. Though, she didn’t look happy to see us. She looked desperate and worried. “Oh, thank Celestia you’re here.” She said.

I was confused. “Vinyl? Is something wrong?” I asked.

“Yes! Twilight came in and Knocked everyone out, then took them away.”

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah!”


“Vinyl, are you quite done yet?”

Vinyl looked over at Octavia. “What? What did I do this time?” She asked. She put down the black box she held in her hooves.

“I know what that is, Vinyl. I can’t believe you brought it with you.” Octavia’s voice was stern and expression was hard and one of displeasure.

Vinyl pouted. “I know it’s dangerous, but just think of what it could be used for. It could be used for all sorts of good.” Vinyl argued.

Lyra stepped in between them. “That’s enough, you two. The others should be back soon.” She said, then she climbed up onto a counter and looked out the window. “I see Twilight and her friends outside… What are they doing here?” She wondered.

Octavia joined her in looking out the window. “You think they’re following us Vinyl?” She asked, looking back to Vinyl. Vinyl had disappeared somewhere though. “Vinyl? This is no time for hide-and-seek Vinyl.” She said sternly. Octavia got off of the counter and looked around. “Oh Vinyl, would you stop being so stubborn and come out?”

There was suddenly a knock on the door. Lyra jumped down from the counter. “They’re here. Should I open the door?” She asked, looking over at Tyler. He shrugged and nodded. “Okay.” She opened the door.

Twilight stepped in. “Not a bad place.” She commented before turning to Lyra. “Now, I’m sorry, but this has to be done.”

Before Lyra could question what she meant, Twilight lit up her horn and hit Lyra with a spell. Lyra slumped over to the side. Tyler stood up, angry. “Hey, you can’t do that!” He said angrily. Twilight wasted no time in knocking him out too. Then Twilight looked at Octavia.

Octavia looked back, her look fearful. “Wh-why? Why would you do this?” She asked.

“Because it is part of the project. It is for everypony’s safety.”

“You mean Operation: Harmonize?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes, that human over there will be an excellent test subject.” She said, pointing at Tyler.

“Listen to yourself Twilight. Do you hear what you are saying? Do you know what you are doing?”

“I’m doing the right thing. I’m sure of that now.” Twilight’s horn lit up again. “I’m sorry, but everypony will benefit from my actions.”

As Twilight prepared the spell, Octavia gave her one last hard, stern, serious stare. “No it won’t.” She said. Twilight fired the spell and Octavia slumped over, unconscious.

As Applejack and Rainbow Dash helped carry the two unconscious ponies and one human away, Vinyl peeked out of her hiding place – the cupboard under the counter – and watched. ”What do I do now?”


“And then they all poofed away, leaving me here all alone. I locked the door and hid in the cupboard in case they came back. I’m just glad you three are safe.” Vinyl finished her story. Then she noticed the two other ponies. “Oh, I guess it’s five now. Well that’s good.”

She stepped aside to allow us to enter and we did so. The place was now rather empty since Twilight came in and took everyone away. Luckily I had a few other friends with me. However, I had another problem. “So, who knows how to drive?”

No one answered a yes, so I sighed in defeat. “Well, there goes that idea.” I looked among the group and thought about what to do. Even if one of us knew how to drive, it was still going to be a long trip. I had no ideas.

A knock on the door drew my attention. I backed up, thinking Twilight had come back. Starry opened the door with her magic and peeked outside. “No one is here. Must have been a prank. Oh, I found a scroll.” She levitated a scroll to me. “I’m guessing it’s for you.” She said.

I took the scroll in my mouth, sat by the table and unrolled it. Then I read it.

Dear Sunshine,

I am sad to hear that Twilight has taken your friends. Especially the human. I know it will be difficult to go on without someone to drive you there, so I’ve taken the liberty of having a human friend of mine drive you instead. Meet me at the Ferry terminal tonight at 9:00 PM and we can talk some more then outside of your dreams.

Sincerely,
Princess Luna

I smiled and maybe squeed. I don’t care. Luna has once again saved my ass by providing me with hope. I showed the letter to Starry, who smiled as well. “Well this is great news. It seems the Princess of the Night has taken a big interest in our endeavors.”

I nodded. “Indeed. Luck is in our favor. Let’s go and goof around until 9. Then we can go see Luna.” I said. The others smiled and nodded in agreement, except for Charcoal. “Charcoal, are you gonna stay and watch the RV?” I asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I can stay here and wait. Go on and have fun.” She said, waving us off with a hoof.

I shrugged and turned away to the open door. “Well, let’s get going then.” I jumped down and waited for the others to follow me. Vinyl, Starry, Ceruline, and Snowstorm all followed me. It was time to goof off. Maybe I’ll visit Pike Place or that chocolate shop. Maybe even see the aquarium. We had plenty of time to kill before 9. Things were finally looking up.


Celestia sat in her throne room in Canterlot. The sun princess looked to her left at a shimmering blue portal that led to the human world and the US Capital. She knew she had to get back there soon. Her plans would fall back if she didn’t. The sound of the doors opening caught her attention and a tan unicorn guard trotted in, followed by her faithful student. The young unicorn looked tired, and Celestia couldn’t blame her. She had sent her on several errands recently. The poor mare deserved a break. She turned her attention to the guard first. “What do you have to report, Field Marshal Nimbi?” She asked.

The guard straightened his pose and saluted briefly, then started speaking. “Your Highness, the prisoners were cooperative and have given us the information you requested.” He said. Nimbi levitated a scroll over to Celestia, who unraveled it and skimmed through it. Rolling the scroll back up and setting it down beside her, she smiled and nodded at the guard. “If that is all, give the order to Harmonize the human.” She said.

Nimbi nodded and bowed. “As you wish.” He turned around and bumped into Twilight, who was standing silently behind him. “Sorry Ma’am. I didn’t see you there.” He said, then noticed he dropped something.

Celestia noticed too, and leaned forward. “What is that you have there?” She inquired. Taking it with her magic, she examined it. It was a small, somewhat aged picture. It looked to be a few years old, and a little worn. Celestia could tell there were traces of magic used to fix the picture. The picture itself was of a young light tan unicorn mare with bright green eyes standing next to Nimbi without his armor on. “Nimbi, who is this mare? Your special somepony?” She asked.

The guard shook his head. “She’s my sister. She’s in the human world now, on vacation. She wanted to see the sights.” He said, keeping his eyes on the picture. He frowned. “Uhh, Princess? I don’t mean any disrespect, but can I have my picture back?” He asked.

Celestia nodded and levitated the picture back to the guard. “Sorry. Sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me.” She said. “Anyway, if that’s the case, after you give the order, come back here. I’ve got a special assignment for you.”

Nimbi bowed and then left the room. Celestia then turned her attention to her exhausted-looking student. “And what about you, Twilight? Have you completed the potion?” She asked.

Twilight nodded and levitated five glass vials from her saddlebag. Each of the vials contained a different colored liquid. “Right here. Though I wouldn’t call them potions. Potions are usually ingested and have a temporary effect. These need to be injected and have a permanent effect. It’s actually quite fascinating how the serum is absorbed into every cell in the body. I ran a few tests on some mice and Fluttershy says they feel better than great. It’s amazing. Where did you find such an incredible recipe? Can I keep it?”

Celestia beamed with pride. “A very good job, my dear Twilight. Give them to Nimbi when he gets back then head to bed. You deserve a break for all your hard work.”

Twilight nodded and yawned. “Well, I guess I could use a break. But then I think about the human world and I start worrying.”

“Don’t worry Twilight. We’ll bring the new world into harmony with ours.”

“But there are so many humans. How?”

“I have my ways. Trust me.”

“Okay Princess, I trust you.”

The sound of hooves clopping on the floor drew their attention to the door, where Princess Luna walked in. She trotted up to Twilight. “Good evening Twilight Sparkle. How are you?” She asked.

Twilight answered with another yawn. “Tired. Oh, before I forget, I got you something.” She levitated a blue and pink gift box from her bag and gave it to Luna.

Luna accepted it happily and put it in her own bag. “Thank you. Now then, I already lowered the moon and now I have to see a friend in the human world. Bye.” She turned to the portal on the wall and left through it.

Celestia sighed. “She’s been spending too much time there. It worries me.” She said.

“Maybe she’s trying to figure out how to control their moon too.” Twilight suggested.

“Maybe. Twilight, why don’t you go and get some sleep? I’ll look after the serums.” Twilight complied and levitated he vials to Celestia, who put them in a saddlebag beside her throne. The lavender unicorn then turned and left the room. Celestia smiled to herself. Everything was going according to plan.