• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 3,062 Views, 174 Comments

A Journey Unthought Of: Revival of Chaos - Hustlin Tom



After the events of the Season 2 finale, Equestria begins to spiral into chaos in the face of a new Changeling threat, a brewing civil conflict, and the second release of Discord.

  • ...
8
 174
 3,062

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 - Luna

The Princess of the Night soared into the darkening skies above the country of Romania, leaving the ground very far behind her. Stretching out her senses to reach across the whole globe, she felt for the three sources of magic that she knew were nearby; all three of them were on a landmass almost on the other side of the planet, an ocean’s distance away.

“Well”, she mused, “astronomically speaking they are nearby.”

Even if this place was prehistoric Equestria and the other kingdoms of her own world, the geography was as alien as if she had gone to a planet in another galaxy. The stars, forever her companions, were almost fifteen hundred years from the positions she had only recently been taught. Some that had died during her imprisonment still appeared to be alive, but due to the laws of nature their deaths would not be made known until years after they had ceased to burn. The stars were younger now, which meant that she could draw less power from their fields of gravity and alignments with each other, which was the essence of her power. She looked at her right hand, gloved in black and purple. She twiddled her newly made fingers, experimenting with their dexterity, before balling them into a fist. Her knuckles softly cracked, which startled her a little. She scolded herself internally, There’s no time to waste looking at my new form; lives are depending on how long I take to find Tia.

Drawing her sword once again, which hummed with the power of countless stars, she ripped a hole in reality with a broad swing. Colors of unnatural hue sprung from the hole, reaching out with groping tendrils to grasp her. She flew through the gateway into subspace, stepped onto the pathway behind the odd dimensional crack, and sealed it behind her. Reaching out with her left hand as she strode through the odd dimensional architecture around her, Princess Luna felt blindly for her sister. As she did, she realized that something was wrong. Princess Celestia’s magic was not, the best way to describe it would be ‘coherent’. It was not concentrated in her body, wherever that was in relation to Princess Luna, but was erratically appearing and sputtering in multiple locations all at once. It’s like a shell game, she thought in frustration, except the shells could be anywhere, in any dimension of this plane’s existence.

No, Nightmare Moon said, as she once again appeared in their consciousness, She’s somewhere in the mortal world, and she’s dreaming.

Princess Luna unconsciously looked to her left, and in her mind’s eye she saw a dark armored figure, chained with six shackles in the colors of the Elements; one for each limb, one around her midsection, and one clasping her neck. She frowned at her darker half, Why are you bothering to tell me this?

The shade of Nightmare Moon sighed, her pointed incisors flashed as she did, In all honesty, I’m bored. Occupying my time by helping us reach your goal at least dulls that annoyance.

Princess Luna scrutinized her caged doppelganger with a piercing gaze, even while she raised her arm and waved it in a single stroke. In subspace, the walls of reality were much weaker than in the corporeal planes; some allowances could be made on bending the natural order here. Using her signature power over the mind and dreams, Princess Luna cast a spell of enormous power. Its results did not yield for several moments. Then, one, two, a dozen people appeared before her. The number increased exponentially; growing to thousands, tens of thousands, millions. The power consumption was draining both her and Nightmare Moon, but she kept at it all the same.

Your dramatic need for saving the lives of others by using up your own is going to be the death of us some day, Nightmare Moon grumbled, Is this how you think you’ll atone for our taking of lives in the past? Sacrificing years’ worth of your own to do the good deed of bringing Celestia back?

Maybe, Princess Luna replied as the spell was completed. She had done it. Before her stood the presences of nearly three billion minds, all united and connected to her as their hub. Friends, she called out, Please come to my aid!

Everyone’s attention was brought to the woman dressed in purple and black.

I am searching for someone, one among you. She is my sister. Lifting up her sword, she created an image for the minds of everyone to see, showing her knowledge of Princess Celestia to everyone. Finally the image ended with a picture of the Earth. This is the continent that I believe she is on right now, the landmass she pointed to began to glow softly as the Princess spoke.

Almost everyone muttered when they saw it, Well, that’s America. América. Amerika. Nord America. Amérique du Nord.

Everyone who is not from this ‘North America’ may leave, Princess Luna declared.

Almost nine of every ten of the minds she had been connected to left her almost immediately.

Time normally passed slowly in dreams, but in subspace everything was unusual in its occurrence. Time was flying by; new minds were appearing and disappearing into the Princess’.

Princess? one mind called out to her.

She turned to the direction of the voice, to see a man she immediately recognized, Adam the Human!

Princess, is this a dream, or are you really here?

She smiled a little, I am here, and this is a dream.

You’ve gotta help me, he implored, his hands clasping together, We’ve been attacked! They’ve taken Lyra!

Adam? Lyra’s sleeping mind called out to him through Luna’s power. Her mental form, still that of a pony, came right next the human’s. She jumped up and wrapped her hooves around his neck and nuzzled his nose, before she drew back in his arms, Did the think tank get you? I tried to make them forget you, but I dunno if it worked.

I dunno either, he responded hollowly, before he hugged her, We’re gonna get out of this. We’re going to be together again, and in the real world.

I know, she replied matter-of-factly. She then turned to Princess Luna, But what are you doing here, Princess? The Doctor told us we’d never be able to see Equestria again after he sealed off the Void hole.

I was able to close the hole behind me after I slipped through in my ethereal state. I’ve only risked this because Princess Celestia has somehow appeared in your world, and Equestria is falling into unrest without us.

Something buckled in subspace; shattering and cracking sounds appeared all around the Princess. There was a sound like a high pitched piercing drone, and suddenly all the minds Princess Luna had been connected to vanished. Looking beneath her boots, she gasped as she saw that the colors of the subspace pocket around her were turning grey and were beginning to fracture, and the Void began to creep in. We need to leave, now! Nightmare Moon yelled through her mind, If we don’t, we risk being tossed out into oblivion, and we may never find this universal stream again!

Princess Luna frantically swiped her sword through the air once again, opening up a bleed back into reality. She quickly flew back through it before the pocket dimension she had created was consumed by the Void, sealing it behind her. She landed on her back on top of several small, sharp rocks that dug into her, even through the armor she wore. It was dark here; either she was close to where she started, or enough time had passed for it to be nightfall. She groaned as she slowly brought herself up from where she had ungracefully landed. After her eyes had adjusted to the darkness, she saw a body lying in front of her, and it was the second time she laid eyes on Adam in not so long a period, only this time it was in the flesh.

PreviousChapters Next