• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 21,197 Views, 1,337 Comments

Guardian Angel - Mayhem Darkshadow



Scootaloo had been without a family for a very long time. She has never told anypony about her situation. It isn't until a certain purple unicorn learns about her origins that she discovers what a family truly is.

  • ...
31
 1,337
 21,197

Wickedness Part 1

Written by: Mayhem Darkshadow
Edited by: psychohooves and Avatar of Shadow

Chapter 4: Wickedness Part 1

It was another cold and windy fall day. Today was the Tuesday after a long weekend, and Twilight was rushing Scootaloo along. She had let the little filly sleep in far longer than she should have, so Scootaloo would be late for school if they didn't get moving faster.

"Slow...slow down Twilight," panted Scootaloo. "I don't think Ms. Cheerilee will get angry at me for being a minute or two late."

Twilight, however, wasn't going to have it. She picked up the pace when she saw the school appear on the horizon. Scootaloo, very reluctantly, also sped up so that she was right along Twilight.

"Two minutes to nine. Hurry inside Scootaloo."

Twilight gave Scootaloo a quick nuzzle before sending her off. Scootaloo smiled at her guardian then ran inside. She managed to get to her desk right as Cheerliee rang the bell.

"You were almost late Scootaloo. That's very unlike you," commented Cheerliee.

Scootaloo took in a huge breath. "Sorry Ms. Cheerliee. I woke up a little late."

Ms. Cheerliee looked at Scootaloo then gave her a smile. "Alright class we are going to continue where we left off last Friday. As I recall we were studying the planets. Give me a minute to go retrieve the solar system model from the basement."

Cheerliee made her way to the basement, and, when she saw that their teacher had left the room, Diamond Tiara began to tease Scootaloo.

"Who was that blank flank? Your mommy?" Diamond Tiara sneered.

She bumped Silver Spoon to get her to laugh. Silver Spoon, who had not been paying attention, laughed nervously. Scootaloo’s face turned red in anger and embarrassment.

"Twilight's just my guardian," shot back Scootaloo.

Diamond Tiara smiled and began to laugh. "Hold on that was Twilight Sparkle? Isn’t she the town librarian and Equestria’s biggest egghead?"

Scootaloo's face turned redder. "Twilight is not an egghead!"

"Sure she isn't blank flank. So how is it living in a library with an egghead? Does she give you extra homework?" laughed Diamond Tiara.

Scootaloo's whole face went from red to maroon. "Stop making fun of Twilight!!!"

Diamond Tiara lost it and rolled around in her desk laughing.

"Making fun of students again Diamond?"

Diamond Tiara stopped laughing immediately as Ms. Cheerilee came around the corner.

"I guess that means no recess for you again Diamond Tiara. Also, since this is your third offense this month I'll be assigning you a report due this Friday. We'll talk about it during recess."

Diamond Tiara opened her mouth to complain but shut it when she saw Ms. Cheerliee glare at her.

"Now can anyone remind me where I stopped?" Ms. Cheerliee asked the class, her normal cheeriness enthusiasm having returned.

Ms. Cheerliee looked around the room and called on the one pony that had their hoof raised.

"Yes Scootaloo?" called Ms. Cheerliee.

Scootaloo cleared her throat. "You were talking about the moons of Saturn I think."

Ms. Cheerilee smiled. "Thank you my little pony. Now can anypony tell me the name of at least three of Saturn's moons?"

**********

Scootaloo sat outside eating her lunch with her friends as they discussed more ways to get their cutie marks. Scootaloo was only partially paying attention. The previous events at the beginning of the day still had her worked up.

“What about bowling?” mentioned Sweetie Belle as they brainstormed.

“We already did that Sweetie Belle. Don’t ya remember?” responded Applebloom.

Sweetie Belle scratched her head. “Oh yeah that’s right.”

“You have any idea’s Scootaloo?” asked Applebloom.

Scootaloo wasn’t paying attention. In fact she was looking over at Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. They were both talking to each other and occasionally glancing over at the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Scootaloo wanted to know that they were discussing.

“Scootaloo!”

“Waa…what?” stuttered Scootaloo as her attention diverted back to her friends.

“I said do y’all have any ideas as ta how we could get our cutie marks?” asked a slightly annoyed Applebloom.

Scootaloo rubbed her eyes and shifted her focus back to her friends. “Um…I can’t really think of any off the top of my head.”

“Oh okay,” said Applebloom.

There was an awkward moment of silence then Sweetie Belle asked another question.

“So Scootaloo, how is it living with Twilight?”

“Oh it’s great Sweetie Belle. Twilight is such an awesome guardian. We have a lot of fun together and she is really nice,” responded Scootaloo.

“That’s nice,” Sweetie Belle said with a smile.

“So is she just a friend to ya right now?” asked Applebloom.

Scootaloo nodded her head. “Yes and no I suppose. Honestly I’m not sure what our relationship is right now. All I know is that my life is so much better than it used to be thanks to Twilight.”

“That’s cool I guess,” said Applebloom.

Scootaloo nodded her head. She was about to open her mouth to say more but Ms. Cheerilee came out and rang the bell for them to come in. As they were all packing up their lunches Diamond Tiara came over to them.

"It's okay I'll handle this," Scootaloo told her friends.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle nodded and went inside. Scootaloo gave Diamond Tiara a frown and walked over to her.

"What?" asked Scootaloo rudely.

Diamond Tiara smiled at her. "I'd like to apologize for what I said earlier. I was wrong for doing that."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. "Like I believe you're being sincere."

Diamond Tiara continued to smile. "I am Scootaloo. Also I want to ask you a question. Do you know how to get to that zebra's house?"

"Zebra?" asked a confused Scootaloo, "You mean Zecora? I do, but why do you want to know?"

"Well, the report Ms. Cheerliee gave me is on Zebra magic, and I figured I should just ask an actual zebra rather than read a bunch of books. I’d love it if you could take me there," explained Diamond Tiara, "If you're too chicken though I could ask somepony else."

Scootaloo, not wanting to be accused of being afraid, responded immediately. "I'll take you there. We can go right after school. I'll talk to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle about it."

Diamond Tiara let out a huff. "I thought you said you knew how to get their on your own."

"I do!" snarled Scootaloo, "Fine! I'll take you there right after school. Meet me out on the playground after school is out."

**********

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon sat outside on the playground waiting for Scootaloo. Diamond Tiara already informed her friend of her plans, causing Silver Spoon to be rather excited.

"Her reaction is going to be priceless," snickered Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara nodded. "I know I wish we could be there to see her face but I don't want to be in that disgusting forest any longer than we need to."

Silver Spoon nodded. As the two of them continued to wait Scootaloo finally showed up.

"Sorry I took so long I had to get away from my friends," explained Scootaloo.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon looked at each other. They were about to put on the best act they had ever done.

"It's okay. Why is Silver Spoon here?" Scootaloo asked, slightly annoyed.

"She was curious about Zecora and wanted to meet her," Diamond Tiara told Scootaloo, "That isn't a problem is it?"

Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "I guess not. We should get going if we want to get there before dark."

Scootaloo began walking off in the direction of the outskirts of Ponyville. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon followed in suite. As the two of them followed Scootaloo they smiled. This was going to be one of the best tricks they had ever pulled.

**********

"Wow, it's a lot bigger than I thought it was," exclaimed Diamond Tiara. She, Silver Spoon, and Scootaloo were standing on the edge of the forest.

"Yeah it is. I've been in there quite a few times," boasted Scootaloo.

"Wow," said Silver Spoon in fake awe, "Well shall we get on with it?"

Scootaloo nodded and took a step into the forest. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon followed slightly behind her. The plan was as they walked along Diamond Tiara was going to keep asking if they were going in the right direction with the hopes that Scootaloo would get confused. Then, once they were far enough in, they were going to leave Scootaloo in the Everfree. It was the perfect plan.

"Now are you sure you know where you're going?" asked Diamond Tiara.

"Of...of course I do," snapped Scootaloo nervously.

Diamond Tiara turned to Silver Spoon and they both cracked a smile. It seemed that Scootaloo actually didn't know where she was going from the start. That was even better. They continued to walk for what Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon guessed was approximately half an hour. Every five minutes Diamond Tiara kept asking if they were going the right way. This caused Scootaloo to change their course of direction every time. Finally, after three more changes in their path they stopped.

"Give me a second to get my bearings," grumbled Scootaloo, "Not that we're lost of anything."

Scootaloo walked a bit ahead of them. Diamond Tiara looked at Silver Spoon and smiled. "Time to make the blank flank pay."

Diamond Tiara looked around and, when she found it, picked up a rock in her hooves. She glanced again at Silver Spoon, winked, and advanced on Scootaloo.

"Diamond what are you doing?" hissed Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara didn't say a word and kept advancing on Scootaloo until she was right behind her.

"Okay Diamond I think I know where-"

Scootaloo was cut short as Diamond Tiara bashed her on the head with the rock. She managed to hit Scootaloo hard enough to knock her out. Smiling Diamond Tiara tossed the rock aside and looked over her victim. She was still breathing. Diamond Tiara also noticed that she was bleeding a little.

"Sweet Celestia Diamond Tiara!"

Diamond Tiara turned to see her friend running towards her.

"What was that for Diamond? I thought we were just going to leave her in here?" spat Silver Spoon. She was slightly angry and slightly scared, especially when she noticed Scootaloo was bleeding. She began to freak out but Diamond Tiara cut her short.

"I did what needed to be done. Besides this means she isn't going to be able to find her way out. It'll be night before she regains consciousness," explained Diamond Tiara.

Silver Spoon was awestruck. She and Diamond had pulled some mean tricks in the past, though never had they done anything so cruel. Silver Spoon began to feel uneasy.

"Diamond we're gonna get in trouble. Seriously we can't leave her here," sputtered Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara's eyebrows lowered and she stuck her face right in Silver's. "We are going to leave her in here and she is going to get what she deserves Silver. We are in this together."

Silver Spoon didn't know what to say. She never would have guessed best friend could be so cruel. "But...but Diamond?"

Diamond Tiara pushed her face ever closer to Silver Spoons until they were pressed together. "You better not say a word Silver Spoon. If you even mention this to anypony then I may just have to let your little secret out during recess."

Silver Spoon gulped. She knew that Diamond was being serious and the last thing she wanted was her deepest and darkest secret leaked. "Okay Diamond...I...I won't say anything."

Diamond Tiara gave her friend a wicked smile. "Good I'm glad we came to an understanding. How let's throw her under that root structure over there and get out of here."

Silver Spoon nodded nervously and together she and Diamond moved Scootaloo underneath an exposed root structure under a nearby tree. Once they were done Diamond Tiara went into her saddle bag and pulled out a compass. Thanks to Geography lessons she remembered that the Everfree Forest was located northeast of Ponyville. If they headed southwest then they would be able to get out of the forest no problem.

"Alright Silver Spoon let's go," said Diamond Tiara.

Silver Spoon bit her lip and slowly walked along with her friend. Before they left though she turned around and spoke to her friends victim. "I'm so sorry Scootaloo."

**********

Scootaloo regained consciousness slowly. Her surroundings were dark, and her vision was blurry. After a couple seconds, her vision focused. She realized she was still in the Everfree forest. Looking around she realized she was under the root structure of a tree. Scootaloo was terrified. She carefully crawled out of the roots and looked around. Despite the fact that she was only out for around an hour, she had no idea where she was. Tears began to form in Scootaloo's eyes. How could Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon do this? She knew they were mean, but this was on a completely different level. Looking up to the sky Scootaloo realized it was starting to get dark. Too afraid to try and escape for fear of the creatures that lurk in the Everfree Forest, she crawled back under the root structure. Closing her eyes Scootaloo began to sob quietly.

"I...I want my mommy," she cried quietly to herself.

Author's Note:

ATTENTION:

I asked for feedback on potential ships and y'all gave it to me. There will be a poll with the next chapter to help me make a final decision. It will contain my top few choices.