• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 21,220 Views, 1,337 Comments

Guardian Angel - Mayhem Darkshadow



Scootaloo had been without a family for a very long time. She has never told anypony about her situation. It isn't until a certain purple unicorn learns about her origins that she discovers what a family truly is.

  • ...
31
 1,337
 21,220

Eve

Written by: Mayhem Darkshadow
Edited by: TimeLord_Whooves and Elric of Melnipony

Chapter 11: Eve

Hearth's Warming Eve was in the air. As Twilight woke up, the smell of peppermint hit her nose. After moving around, Twilight realized something, or rather somepony, was missing.

"Scootaloo?" Twilight called quietly. No response was given. Confused but not worried, Twilight crawled out of bed and made her way downstairs. The first thing she noticed was Cadence passed out on the couch. Taking care not to wake her, Twilight followed the smell of cooking into the kitchen. She found Scootaloo standing on a stool next to Shining Armor.

"All right, now dump the peppermint bark into the batter," Shining Armor told Scootaloo.

"I think we might need more, Uncle Shining," Scootaloo said as she emptied the bowl in her hooves.

"All right, grab the last bag and crush it up for me. I'm going to get the waffle maker warmed up."

Twilight smiled and walked up behind the two of them. "Morning, you two."

Scootaloo and Shining Armor both jumped in shock.

"Oops, sorry for scaring you," Twilight laughed. "Making breakfast?"

"Morning, Mom," Scootaloo said as she nuzzled Twilight's chest. "Uncle Shiny and I are making peppermint bark waffles."

Twilight smiled and that was quickly followed by a yawn. "How… how long have you two been up?"

"Not too long," Shining said. "Cadence would probably be awake but I think she had one glass of wine too much last night."

"I… did not..."

There was the quiet clopping of hooves as Cadence walked into the kitchen, eyes half open, groaning slightly.

"Morning, Cadence," Twilight said quietly. Cadence smiled and gave Twilight a kiss on the side of the head.

"Is the coffee on, Shining?" Cadence asked.

"Of course, my sweet."

Cadence gave Shining Armor a kiss on the cheek, and then poured coffee for herself and Twilight with some magic.

"Shall we adjourn to the living room, Twilight, and snuggle up by the fire?" Cadence asked. Twilight nodded and the two of them moved out to the living room.

"So, Cadence," Twilight started as they sat down by the fire, "No kids yet?"

Cadence took a sip of her coffee before speaking. "We’ve been close but no cigar just yet. I'm kind of jealous that you have Scootaloo."

"You could always adopt, Cadence," Twilight mentioned nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I know, your brother and I have considered that option if we can't get pregnant," Cadence replied.

"Well, hopefully it happens soon. The more grandkids, the merrier."

Twilight and Cadence looked behind them and saw that Velvet and Night Light were coming downstairs.

"You all are up early," Velvet said as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Some of us don't really want to be," Cadence said with a yawn. Twilight couldn't agree more.

"What's cooking?" Night Light asked as he took a long breath to enjoy the scent floating around them.

"Shining and Scootaloo are making peppermint bark waffles, apparently," Twilight told her father.

"They are about ready, too!" Shining Armor called from the kitchen, "You all should make your way in here."

Slowly but surely, the rest of the family made their way into the kitchen. They found Shining Armor setting up the table and Scootaloo carefully putting the last waffle on the serving plate.

"Wow, you two, it smells great!" Velvet complimented as she sat down. Everypony else followed, and Shining Armor levitated the serving plate over to each of them. They all filled their plates and quickly dug in.

"Oh, wow, these are amazing, you two," Twilight said as she shoved another bite into her mouth. Everypony nodded in agreement.

"Thanks," Shining Armor replied with a smile on his face. "We weren't quite sure if these were going to work out, but it seems like they did."

"Why have you never made these before, Shining?" Cadence asked curiously as she stuffed her own face.

"Well, it was Scootaloo's idea to put in the peppermint bark," Shining Armor answered. Scootaloo's cheeks went pink and she looked away bashfully.

"I kind of got the idea when I ate that peppermint bark cake last night for dessert. I told Uncle Shiny about it, and he said we could try it," Scootaloo said proudly.

"Well, you both did an excellent job," Velvet said. Both Shining Armor and Scootaloo looked at each other and smiled.

"By the way, I think we should talk about the plans today. I think you said you have some, Velvet dear," Night Light mentioned as he sipped on his coffee.

"Yes, I do. I need to go to the mall and pick up some special candles for Hearth's Warming Dinner. I also need to get a few more ingredients for tomorrow’s dessert. I believe you said you had some plans of your own, dear?”

"Ah, yes, Shining and I need to go out and pick up a few good bottles of wine and possibly a bottle of brandy as well. I figured Spike can come with us if he wants," Night Light said. Spike looked up from his plate and gave a happy nod of his head.

"Okay, well why don't the three of you go do that. The rest of us can go take care of the rest of the shopping," Velvet said.

"Mmm, sounds like a plan," Twilight said as she smiled around a mouthful of food.

Once breakfast was finished, Night Light and Shining Armor left immediately; Cadence and Scootaloo had to wait for Velvet and Twilight to get ready. As soon as Velvet and Twilight were finished, they left and headed straight for the mall. It was insanely busy, but that was no surprise. They pushed their way through the crowds to Velvet's favorite candle shop. Cadence, Twilight, and Scootaloo watched in both amusement and slight horror as Velvet fought other ponies to get the candles she wanted.

"I didn't think Grandma could fight like that." Scootaloo sat, eyes wide and jaw dropped, watching Velvet bulldoze through a group of ponies towards the checkout counter.

"This is… well, the darker, more unseen side of Grandma, sweetheart," Twilight explained, just as surprised by her mother's behavior.

"Yeah, I’ve got to say that I've never see her like this before," Cadence said, slightly terrified. Finally, Velvet finished checking out and walked over to them, panting ever so slightly.

"All… all right, I got what I wanted. You three want to go try some clothes on for fun? It'll take Night Light and Shining some time to pick out what they want," Velvet panted.

"Um… sure, why not," Twilight said. Velvet adjusted her mane slightly, as it had been ruffled a bit from her struggle, and they continued walking through the mall. As they walked along, Cadence heard somepony call her name.

"Cadence! Cadence!" the voice called. Cadence looked around and then saw the pony calling her.

"Oh my gosh, Sun Drops is that you?" Cadence called back. Cadence ran towards the other pony, a yellow unicorn with a bright white mane.

"Cadence, I haven't seen you since high school," Sun Drops said.

"Sun, I thought you were stationed in Stalliongrad?" Cadence asked.

"I'm home on leave right now. The stand called me yesterday, though, and asked if I could possibly fill in today… like old times," Sun Drops told Cadence. Cadence looked around and realized no customers were at the stand. Scootaloo was curious what the stand sold and, upon investigation, saw earrings on display.

"Not really the best day is it?" Cadence observed with a small laugh.

"I've sold a bunch of earrings, but haven't really done any piercings," Sun Drops said.

"I remember the old days when you worked here," Cadence mentioned. "Remember that time you ‘borrowed’ that piercing gun and we all did up our ears?"

"Oh, I remember how much trouble I got in with my parents," Sun Drops said. "Still, that was so much fun. So, want me to do your ears for old times sake?"

"Oh, I don't wear earrings anymore, Sun," Cadence said sheepishly.

"Oh, that's too bad, Cadence! We have some nice earrings on sale plus piercings are half off as well," Sun Drops said.

"Can I get my ears pierced?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

"Absolutely not, Scootaloo," Twilight replied immediately. This brought on complaining from the filly.

"Aw, why not, Mom? Can't I use some of my allowance money to pay for it?" Scootaloo whined.

"No means no, Scootaloo," Twilight said sternly. Velvet and Cadence, however, didn't like that answer very much.

"Oh, why not, Twilight? I think Scootaloo would look really cute with some earrings," Cadence said in defense of her niece.

"Heck, I'd pay for it just to see how cute she would look," Velvet added.

"I'll pay for half as an early Hearth's Warming gift," Cadence said. Twilight was not happy with their responses, though, and she started to get irritated.

"She is my daughter and I said no. I don't want her to have her ears pierced," Twilight growled.

"Why not, Twilight? Velvet asked her daughter, “What would she be hurting by having her ears pierced?"

Twilight didn't have a good answer for this. "Because… she… I… urgh! Fine, she can have them pierced, but I'm not happy about it."

"All right then, hop on up into my chair, sweetie, and I'll get you ready," Sun Drops said. Scootaloo did as she was told. She was pretty excited until she saw Sun Drops bring out the needle and put it into the piercing gun.

"Does… does it hurt a lot?" Scootaloo asked nervously.

"Just for a few seconds," Sun Drops answered in a sweet tone. "Now I just need you to pick out the earrings you want before I do the piercing."

"Oh, how about something simple," Velvet suggested.

"Yeah, what about those simple silver rings?" Cadence offered, pointing at a pair of earrings on display.

"What do you think, Mom?" Scootaloo asked.

Twilight only gave them a grumble; she was standing off to the side with a huge scowl on her face. Scootaloo's mood fell a little bit when she saw her mother's displeased look.

"All right, Scootaloo, was it? I need you to hold your head up straight for me," Sun Drops said as she levitated the piercing gun towards Scootaloo's left ear. "I'm going to count down from three and then you're going to feel a little sting," Sun Drops told Scootaloo as she wiped her ear off with an alcohol wipe. Scootaloo nodded her head and then Sun Drops started the countdown.

"Three, two, one."

Scootaloo felt a sharp stinging pain in her left ear and a little bit of warmth. "A little bit of bleeding, but that's normal," Sun Drops said as she moved a cotton ball up against Scootaloo's ear with magic. Sun Drops then shifted around, cleaned off Scootaloo's right ear, and adjusted the position of the gun.

"All right; three, two, one."

Scootaloo felt another sharp pain, but it wasn't as bad as the first one. "Okay, we'll just wait a minute or two until the bleeding stops, and then I'll put the earrings in," Sun Drops explained.

"You did really good, Scootaloo," Cadence said. "I cried the first time I let Sun pierce my ears."

"Aw, I remember that day," Sun Drops said. She and Cadence started talking and Velvet took the chance to go over and talk to Twilight.

"You know, Twilight, I have to say I am really disappointed with your behavior over something so simple," Velvet said quietly. Twilight shot a glare at her mother. Velvet continued to scold her daughter.

"This was something very simple, Twilight, and your daughter really wanted to do this," Velvet said quietly.

"But I didn't want her to, Mom, and she’s my daughter. I’m in charge of her and I make the rules last time I checked," Twilight shot back.

"That’s true, honey, in most cases. It’s the holidays, though, and it was something fun for us to do. You, however, took something that was small and turned it into a big deal for no reason at all," Velvet said. She said nothing more and walked back over with everypony else, Sun Drops was just putting in Scootaloo's new earrings. Twilight stood there in a huff and let out a sigh.

"All right, Twilight, we're heading out," Cadence called. Twilight walked over silently to the rest of the family, and they walked along towards the mall’s largest department store. As they were walking along, Scootaloo fell back and spoke to Twilight.

"Mom, I need to go to the bathroom," she said quietly. Twilight nodded her head.

"Mom, Cadence, I'm going to take Scootaloo to the bathroom. We'll meet you at the store," Twilight told them. She and Scootaloo broke off from the group and made their way towards the nearest bathroom. They walked in and found one the larger stalls. Twilight stood there and kept thinking about what to say to apologize. However, Scootaloo spoke up first.

"Mom, if you really don't like the earrings, I could just take them out if it will make you happy," Scootaloo said to Twilight quietly. Twilight let out a sigh.

"Honey, I'm sorry I kind of overreacted to the whole situation. You look very cute with earrings, and I really do like them," Twilight apologized. Scootaloo looked up at her mother to see if she was really telling the truth.

"You aren't just saying that to make me happy, are you?" Scootaloo asked.

"No, Scootaloo, I really do think they are cute and I want you to keep them," Twilight replied.

"Well okay, Mom, just so long as you say you're okay with it," Scootaloo said as she finished with the bathroom.

“I do want to ask one thing though,” Twilight mentioned as they walked from the stall to the sink, “Earrings seem...well out of your zone I suppose. It’s just a little weird that you asked I guess.”

Scootaloo was quiet, probably she was mustering up the courage to explain why. “Can you keep a secret?”

“Well of course I can sweetheart,” Twilight replied quietly.

“I’ve been pretending to hate girly things for so long, especially around my friends and Rainbow Dash, because I’m afraid of being made fun of,” Scootaloo explained.

“Well that’s silly Scootaloo. If they truly are your friends that would accept you no matter how you acted. Also Rainbow Dash would never make fun of you for being girly she’s not exactly the perfect tomboy herself. Plus if she did make fun of you I’d beat her flank all the way to Cloudsdale,” Twilight laughed, “But why the sudden change?”

“I...I guess I’ve sort of gotten comfortable with myself ever since you adopted me,” Scootaloo said with some confidence in her voice.

“Well good for you honey it’s hard to keep up facades for a long time,” Twilight said, “It’s your life so take it by the reigns and lead it in the direction you like. I’ll always love you no matter what you choose to do.”

Scootaloo smiled and hugged her mothers leg. Twilight put a leg over her and gave her a squeeze.

“So how do you feel about tattoos?” Scootaloo asked with a snicker.

“And we’re done here,” Twilight said as she broke the hug and pushed Scootaloo out of the bathroom.

The four of them spent an hour in the department store trying on an assortment of different clothes; Velvet and Cadence even convinced Scootaloo to try on a dress, though there was a lot of complaining involved. From there they decided to go home and see if the boys had returned; they soon found that the boys were already home and waiting for them.

"Hello. You four have a good time?" Night Light asked as they walked into the house.

"Yes we did, dear," Velvet responded. The four of them took off their jackets and joined Shining Armor, Night Light, and Spike in the den. As soon as they walked in, the boys noticed something different about Scootaloo.

"Well, looks like somepony got their ears pierced," Shining Armor finally pointed out. Scootaloo blushed and sat down on the couch next to Twilight.

"It was kind of out of the blue," Cadence explained. "I don't know if you remember my good friend Sun Drops, Shining, but she was running the piercing stand, and well, one thing led to another. We think she looks cute."

"And I'd have to agree with you," Shining Armor said as he winked at his niece. Scootaloo blushed and looked away out of embarrassment.

"Anyway, I'm glad you all came home when you did. I just got a note from Princess Celestia. They want us to come over for lunch and said we could just stay until we go to the play," Night Light told all of them.

Everypony was on board for this, especially Velvet. "That sounds like fun. Also, it means I don't need to cook lunch."

The family took about thirty minutes to get ready and then left for the castle. When they arrived, they found that only Princess Celestia was joining them for lunch.

"Luna would have joined us," Princess Celestia explained as they walked to the eastern sun room, "except that she needs her sleep for tonight's events."

"Actually, I could think of somepony else that should have a nap before we go out tonight," Twilight mentioned. Scootaloo knew that her mother meant her and, as any young pony would, expressed her concerns and discontent.

"Oh, come on, Mom, I'm not a foal, I don't need a nap," Scootaloo whined. Twilight raised an eyebrow and went into parent mode.

"If you want to stay up all night, I think it would be wise if somepony took a nap," Twilight explained sternly. Scootaloo whined some more but Twilight did not change her mind. Scootaloo scowled and crossed her hooves in anger. Twilight, however, ignored her daughter and instead decided to talk to her mentor. Mad at her mother, Scootaloo shifted over and stood next to Shining Armor.

"Mama's being mean Uncle Shiny," Scootaloo said in her best baby voice. Shining Armor smiled, knowing full well that his niece was trying to get him on her side, and patted her on the head.

"She's just looking out for your well-being, Scootaloo," Shining Armor told the filly. "Besides, don't you want to be awake for the party tonight and the play?"

"Well, yes," Scootaloo started, "But..."

"Well, maybe you should listen to you mother, then? I think she's right, don't you?" Shining Armor asked Scootaloo.

"I guess so," Scootaloo said as her face fell. Shining Armor put a hoof on Scootaloo's back and rubbed it.

"Heck, I might even catch a few Z's after lunch. It's going to be a late night," Shining Armor added.

"Yeah, you're right, Uncle Shining," Scootaloo said with a bit more pep in her voice.

"Glad to hear I was right, then," said a voice behind them. Shining Armor and Scootaloo turned around and found Twilight behind them.

"Your uncle won't always be there to defend you and be the cool uncle, Scootaloo," Twilight said with a snort. Scootaloo and Shining Armor eyeballed each other and then Twilight before breaking into a fit of snickering. Twilight rolled her eyes and bopped each of them on the back of the head.

"I do believe lunch is ready," Princess Celestia announced as a horde of chefs brought in platters and set them on a small table. They contained an assortment of vegetables, breads, and spreads for sandwiches.

"Well, everypony, dig in," Princess Celestia said to all of them.

Two hummus and cucumber sandwiches later, Scootaloo was feeling bloated. She was also, despite how much she didn't want to admit it, rather tired from all the rich food. As much as she tried to avoid it, she started nodding off while they were all sitting on the couch catching up. Twilight had noticed and figured a nap was in order.

"Ready for a nap, Scootaloo?" Twilight asked as Scootaloo rested her head on her mother’s sides. Scootaloo didn't say a word; she just yawned and closed her eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes, then," Twilight said with a smile.

"Do you want me to take her upstairs to a room, Twilight?" Princess Celestia asked her student.

"You don't need to do that, Princess, I can manage it," Twilight replied. Celestia chuckled; this was typical Twilight behavior.

"It's not a problem, my dear. I was going to head upstairs anyway and check on Luna," Princess Celestia explained to Twilight.

"Well, okay then, I suppose I can take a trip to the library if you do that," Twilight responded. She then pushed Scootaloo up and got her to wake up.

"Go along with Princess Celestia, honey. She's going to take you to a room so you can take a nap," Twilight said to Scootaloo. Nodding, Scootaloo hopped off the couch and followed the solar princess upstairs. There was absolute silence as they walked along the breath taking hallways. Eventually they arrived at a set of magnificent oak doors, and centered in each door was a large golden sun. Princess Celestia opened the doors with magic and led Scootaloo inside; the filly didn't realize that the Princess had brought her to her private quarters. The room was quite large and open, with walls of windows letting in massive amounts of sunlight. Centered in the middle of the room was a magnificent canopy bed. The princess led Scootaloo over to the bed and helped her up into it.

"If you need anything, my little pony, Luna's room is just down the way. If you head out of this room, on the right a little way down there will be another hallway that connects to a similar large hallway. Down on the end you'll see an identical pair of large doors. That is her room and she's in there if you need her," Princess Celestia explained as she tucked Scootaloo in. Scootaloo yawned and smacked her lips a little.

"Th...Thank you, Princess," Scootaloo said quietly. Princess Celestia smiled and walked quietly out of the room and shut the door. Having Scootaloo around reminded the princess of the days when her mother used to live at the castle, back when Celestia herself was a filly.

Scootaloo was experiencing pure bliss as she napped. She couldn't figure out what it was, but Princess Celestia's bed was the most comfortable thing she had ever slept in. It had this natural warmth, but Scootaloo couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. She honestly didn’t care, though, because she was in heaven right now. As she was lying in the bed, enjoying the peace and quiet, there was a rather loud knock on the door.

"Auntie Celestia, are you in here? I couldn't find you downstairs and wanted to ask you a question?" a voice said through the door. The door knob clicked and a white unicorn with a blonde mane walked into the room.

"Auntie Celestia, you aren't taking a nap are… WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY AUNTIE’S BED?!?" the pony shouted at the top of his lungs. Scootaloo jumped when she heard the yelling.

"I… she put me here for a nap," Scootaloo fumbled. The pony didn't seem to buy it, though.

"A likely story, you street rat. No pony of such regality would allow trashy little vermin like you to sleep in their bed. It's more probable that you decided you'd sneak into the castle and experience royalty for fun. Well, I will not be having that!"

Before Scootaloo could say any more, the pony yelling lunged at her, though she was lucky that he was too pompous and arrogant to actually run and charge. Scootaloo shot out of the bed and made a beeline for the door. The pony lunged at her again, missed, and fell to the ground because he lost his balance.

"Get back here, you little ruffian!" the pony yelled. Scootaloo didn't look back, though; she just ran for her life towards the room Princess Celestia told her to go if she needed help. Scootaloo did take a second to look back, and it looked like that mean pony wasn't following her. Still, she was terrified that he was going to find her and so she ran straight for Princess Luna's room. She opened the door quickly, for fear the pony chasing her was close, and closed herself inside. The room was dark and Scootaloo took a moment to catch her breath, making rather a lot of noise. As Scootaloo stood there huffing and puffing, she didn't notice a dark shadow coming up behind her. That shadow moved silently until it was right behind the filly. Reaching out, the shadow put a hoof on Scootaloo and flipped her around. Scootaloo screamed.

"Scootaloo, it is us," Princess Luna said in a panic, realizing she had scared the filly out of her wits.

"Oh P-Princess Luna, I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" Scootaloo said quietly.

Princess Luna shook her head. "Do not worry, dear filly, we were due to get up in a few minutes anyway. We must ask, though. Why are you in our room and why do you seem to be scared?"

"Oh, I… well, Princess Celestia put me down for a nap in her room. I had just woken up when somepony came into the room and yelled at me. I didn't understand what I did wrong, but he tried to grab me. I ran for my life, and Princess Celestia told me to come here if I had any problems," Scootaloo explained quietly. Princess Luna listened to Scootaloo talk and then put a hoof on her shoulder.

"We are sorry you got so scared, dear Scootaloo. Why don't you take a seat on our bed while we get ready for the evening. Then we can go find this pony that decided it was okay to chase a filly around," Princess Luna said quietly. The Night Princess led Scootaloo over to her bed, which was very similar to Princess Celestia's bed, and then went to the doorway of the bathroom.

"We will be in here if you need anything, Scootaloo," Princess Luna said before shutting the door. Scootaloo stretched and made herself comfortable. That comfort didn't last that long, though. All was silent and then, suddenly, the door burst open and the pony that had been chasing her was standing in the doorway.

"Ah-ha, I finally found you! First I find you in my Auntie Celestia bed and now Auntie Luna's. That is the last straw. Since the guards around here apparently don't know how to do their jobs and keep street rats like you out of the castle, I'll just have to take care of it myself."

It seemed like the pony was using his brains this time, because before Scootaloo could do anything, she was enveloped in a magical grasp.

"Ahh, let me go, you stupid butthead," Scootaloo whined. This apparently was a bad choice of words because her captor got furious.

"How dare you address me with such words, you common piece of trash! You will treat me with respect and need to be taught some respect!" the pony yelled. He raised a hoof to smack Scootaloo and there was nothing she could do to defend herself. However, no smack ever came; a very loud noise of another sort assaulted the ears of everypony in the room.

"PRINCE BLUEBLOOD, YOU UNHAND THAT FILLY THIS INSTANT!"

Scootaloo wished she could have covered her ears, because she had never heard anypony yell so loud. Princess Luna was standing in the doorway of her bathroom and she looked furious.

"Ah, Auntie Luna, I didn't know you were in here. I found this little rat sleeping in Auntie Celestia's bed and I was just about to throw her out of the castle," Prince Blueblood explained. Princess Luna's eye twitched slightly.

"It seems you are ignoring what we just said, Blueblood. We just told thee to release that filly from thy grasp," Princess Luna growled.

"But… but, Auntie," Prince Blueblood stuttered. Luna's eyebrows furrowed, and she stalked forward into Blueblood’s personal space.

"Put her down now," Princess Luna spat. Prince Blueblood trembled slightly and released his magical hold on Scootaloo. Scootaloo fell to the ground with a thud. Luna rushed to her and made sure she was all right. Blueblood, figuring Princess Luna was too busy to notice, slowly crept towards the door.

"Don't you dare think about leaving, Blueblood," Luna snapped. Blueblood froze in place, and Princess Luna was in front of him in an instant.

"What do you think you are doing, Prince Blueblood?" Princess Luna asked in a low voice. Blueblood swallowed nervously.

"I… I was attempting to throw this filly out of the castle. I found her in Auntie Celestia's bed," Prince Blueblood explained.

"Why did you not ask the filly why she was there instead of just trying to grab her and throw her out?"

"Well… well, she said some ludicrous statement about Auntie Celestia putting her there for a nap. As if that is hardly believable," Blueblood scoffed.

"This filly is a guest, Blueblood, so it seems entirely believable that our sister would allow dear Scootaloo to sleep in her bed," Princess Luna told him.

"But… but I have never seen this filly before. She is certainly not of any noble descent, I would certainly know if she was. She doesn't belong here, Auntie Luna," Blueblood replied. Princess Luna, sick of Blueblood’s attitude, raised her voice and got right up in his face.

"Two things, Prince Blueblood. First of all, you are to refer to us as Princess or Princess Luna. Our sister may allow you to call her Aunt, but you are not our nephew and you will not call us Aunt. Secondly, you have no say in who is and isn't allowed to come into ours and our sister’s castle. You may have been given the title of Prince in our absence, but we have never thought that you deserved it. This filly is the daughter of Twilight Sparkle and deserves to be in this castle far more than you do."

Prince Blueblood swallowed. "But this filly can't be Twilight Sparkle's daughter. Twilight Sparkle isn't married. She doesn't even have a boyfriend. I have asked her many times on dates but she always declines. I told her she should get her head out of the books and do what mares are suppose to do and be a stallion’s marefriend. The stupid pony hit me after that."

This statement filled Scootaloo with rage. "Don't you dare call my mom stupid!" Scootaloo snarled. Luna put a hoof to her side and stopped Scootaloo from charging at Prince Blueblood.

"We will handle this, dear," Princess Luna told Scootaloo quietly. Luna then turned her attention back to Prince Blueblood.

"What you said is beside the point, Prince Blueblood. That fact is that you chased, yelled at, and even tried to hit an innocent little filly who happens to be a guest at this castle. Not only that but you also insulted our sister's prized pupil, a pony who, on the totem pole of rankings, is far higher than the likes of you. Just know that we will be speaking to our sister about your behavior, and there will be punishment arranged for you," Princess Luna told Prince Blueblood. Blueblood opened his mouth to speak but Luna cut him off.

"Not another word, Blueblood. You are to leave the castle grounds this instant. If we see you at all for the rest of the evening, you will regret it."

Prince Blueblood swallowed nervously and scrambled out of the room. Princess Luna then turned her attention back to Scootaloo. "He will not be bothering you anymore, my dear. We didn't finish getting ready, so just give us a bit more time."

With that, Luna went back into the bathroom. Scootaloo let out a small yawn and decided to look around the room. She then spotted something that piqued her interests: a rather large flatscreen TV. She decided to investigate and was even more surprised when she saw everything that was connected to the TV, a whole bunch of video game systems. There was a Ponystation 3, a Gamesphere, a Zbox 720, and one other item that made Scootaloo lose her marbles.

"What? A Ponystation 4?!?" Scootaloo exclaimed loudly. "These don't even come out for three more months. How in the world does Princess Luna already have one?”

"Oh, well, we are a big supporter of Pony Electronics. We are one of their game testers and have been for a while now. They gave us a call and told us they were sending us a free Ponystation 4 before the release date."

Scootaloo turned and saw Princess Luna standing in the bathroom doorway smiling. "I don't know what to say other then I'm extremely jealous," Scootaloo said, in awe over the device she was staring at.

"We did not realize you were a gamer, Scootaloo," Luna said as she walked over to the drooling filly.

"Um, not really," Scootaloo said. "Mom won't let me buy any video games. She says they'll rot my brain. I play them sometimes when I go over to my friend Button's house, or sometimes if I go to my friend Sweetie Belle's."

"Then we suppose we don't need to go downstairs just yet. I think maybe we shall play some video games instead," Princess Luna told Scootaloo. Scootaloo turned and looked at Princess Luna with wide, happy eyes.

"Can we play the Ponystation 4?" Scootaloo asked. Princess Luna nodded her head and turned the TV and game system on. Scootaloo's eyes completely dilated when the screen lit up with the Ponystation logo. Princess Luna levitated a controller towards Scootaloo and then grabbed one for herself.

"Well, show us what you've got Scootaloo," Princess Luna said with a smirk.

Princess Celestia slowly made her way upstairs to her bedroom. It had been a few hours and it was probably time for Scootaloo to get up. Being sure not to be too loud, she opened the door to her bedroom and slowly walked in.

"Scootaloo, it's time to get up, my dear. We need to be leaving in… in…"

Celestia couldn’t finish her sentence; Scootaloo wasn’t lying in her bed. In fact, there was no sign of the filly at all in the vast room.

"Scootaloo, are you in here?" Princess Celestia called. She received no answer. The princess didn’t panic, however. She figured maybe Scootaloo had gone over to Luna's room, or at least that’s what she hoped. She was really hoping that poor Scootaloo hadn't got lost in the castle corridors, because some of them were rather confusing. Keeping her composure, Princess Celestia left her own room and made her way towards her sister’s room. As she got closer, she heard yelling. Now starting to panic, Celestia picked up the pace. She quickly got to the door and threw it open. What she found was not what she was expecting.

"You're going down, Princess. You just so happened to pick a game that I am good at," Scootaloo shouted as she mashed the buttons on her game controller.

"We don't think so, youngling. We have never been beaten at this game before and today shall not be the day we are," Princess Luna shouted back as she too mashed all the buttons on her controller. Princess Celestia stood there and watched the two of them, realizing they hadn't heard her come in. Luna still had a hard time being around adults, but she never had a problem playing with fillies and colts. Smiling to herself, Celestia quietly walked into the room and sat down behind the two of them. They were so engrossed in the game that they still hadn't noticed they weren't alone. The TV was flashing all sorts of colors, and the two ponies in front of her were frantically pressing all the buttons they could until something unforeseen happened.

"I won!" Scootaloo screamed at the top of her lungs. Princess Luna sat there, struck completely speechless.

"We… we have never lost before," she said rather quietly. The princess dropped the controller out of her magical grip and just sat there. Meanwhile, Scootaloo bounced up and down around the princess, a huge smile on her face. Then out of nowhere, Princess Luna lunged at Scootaloo. The filly let out a loud “Eep!” and then ran away from her attacker.

"Can't catch me, Princess," Scootaloo said playfully as she stuck her tongue out at Princess Luna. The Night Princess gave her a wicked smile and lunged again. Scootaloo bounced onto the bed but was soon cornered. Princess Luna got closer and closer until she was right on top of Scootaloo. Scootaloo's eyes went wide in playful fear as the princess raised one of her hooves.

"And now we shall punish thee for embarrassing us as you have," Luna announced, all while trying not to giggle. Her hoof then fell like the ax of an executioner, only to stop suddenly just before she lightly bopped Scootaloo on the top of the head. Scootaloo, very dramatically, fell to the ground and pretended she was dead. There was silence for a few seconds, and then the two of them burst into a fit of laughter. Princess Celestia also gave a small chuckle.

"Well, it seems like you two are having fun," she said to the other ponies in the room. Both Scootaloo and Luna jumped in shock.

"Sister," Princess Luna said with a heave, "we did not notice you come in."

"Oh, I've been watching you two for a few minutes now. I came upstairs to get Scootaloo up from her nap, and when I couldn’t find her I figured she was here," Celestia replied.

"Actually, speaking of that, sister, we need to talk to you about something later," Princess Luna explained to the older alicorn. "We fear if we speak now it will make us late for the play this evening."

"As a matter of fact, we should probably get going," Celestia announced. "I believe everypony else is waiting downstairs."

Luna and Scootaloo both nodded their heads and quickly picked up the small mess they had made before departing the room.

"We want a rematch some time, Scootaloo," Princess Luna said as the three of them walked down the hall towards the stairs. Scootaloo looked up at her and furrowed her brow.

"You're on, Princess," she said with delight in her voice.

The family and the princesses had a light dinner before departing to the Grand Canterlot Theater for Canterlot University’s rendition of the Hearth's Warming Eve play. They had wonderful seats up in a private box large enough for more than a dozen. This was perfect because with all those who were invited, every seat was taken up. Scootaloo was very happy that she got a seat next to Sweetie Belle. Even though it had only been a few days since they last saw each other, they had so much to talk about.

"Oh my gosh, Scootaloo, you got your ears pierced!" Sweetie Belle squeaked as she pointed at the pieces of metal in her friend’s ears.

"Yeah, Grandma and Aunt Cadence paid for them. Mom wasn't very happy at first but they've kind of grown on her," Scootaloo explained to her friend.

"I wish my parents would let me pierce mine. Then again, I'd probably be too scared to do it." Sweetie Belle sighed. "Anyway, how's Canterlot been?"

"So awesome! I love my family so much. Plus I've gotten to hang out with the princesses, too. Luna and I played a bunch of video games," Scootaloo exclaimed to her equally excited friend.

"I'm jealous," Sweetie Belle said with a smile. The two fillies continued their very enthusiastic chatting while they waited for the play to start. Behind them, all the adults conversed quietly. Twilight was engaged in a conversation with her friends, who all wanted to know how Scootaloo was adjusting to her new family.

"I think she’s thrilled to pieces that she got to meet all of them," Twilight explained to all of them, "She's been bonding with all of them, especially my brother. Those two are like two peas in a pod."

"Oh, I'm glad to hear she is adjusting well. I remember how terrified I was when I had to meet my stepfather’s family," Fluttershy said in her normal quiet tone.

"It looks like she's missed her friends, though," Rarity added as she glanced over at the two fillies, who were still chatting away about video games.

"I think she has," Twilight replied, "I hope she gets some cousins at some point. Still she hasn't really showed it that much, since she really likes everyone else in the family."

"Good to hear, Twi," Rainbow Dash said to her friend. "The few times we hung out before you guys left, she told me she was kind of worried. I told her not to be bothered with it because your family is awesome."

Twilight giggled and her cheeks went a little red. Just as she was about to speak up again, the lights began to dim and curtains opened. Twilight once again found relief in the fact that she and her friends didn't have to manage a play this year. There was a collective and quiet sigh among all of them as they settled in for a wonderful production.

The play ended up being fantastic; it was so much more organized than the year the Elements were in charge of it. Instead of leaving right away, they decided to relax in the box for a moment. The party at the castle was not due to begin for another two hours, so they had time to relax. Once the theater had cleared up some more, they were escorted out by a patrol of guards to their carriages and taken back to the castle. By the time they got there, they had about half an hour before the party would start. The only ponies who had a problem with this were Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Children, why don't you join us in our room and we can play some Ponystation 4?" Luna asked the two of them.

"What? You have a Ponystation 4?" Sweetie Belle squeaked in excitement, "Oh, let's go play, let's go play!"

Sweetie Belle got behind the Princess and tried with all her might to push her along. "Sweetie Belle, do not do something so childish to the Princess. Plus those video games you like will rot your brain," Rarity scolded. Luna, however, chuckled quietly.

"Don't worry, Rarity, it is quite alright," Luna laughed. "Come along now, children."

In a flash, Luna, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were gone. Rarity and Twilight shook their heads and followed everypony else to the library for small talk and pre-party drinks. The main topic of conversation was the play.

"I feel like they did an exquisite job," Rarity said to everypony. Many nodded their heads.

"I don't know; I feel like the pony playing Commander Hurricane wasn't brash enough," Rainbow Dash replied. A few others nodded their heads.

"While I did enjoy that immensely, I felt like you girls did a much better job last year," Cadence said to Twilight and her friends.

"I wholeheartedly agree," Night Light added.

Within half an hour the party had started. Many esteemed guests poured into the castle every single minute. The castle staff had done a magnificent job decorating and were working hard to make sure everypony had a drink or something to eat. Unfortunately for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, there were not a lot of fillies or colts at the party. What was worse, Princess Luna had been pulled away from them by a couple of Canterlot's Finest to talk about grown-up things. This left the poor fillies high and dry with nothing to do at all. Rarity was busy talking to Fancy Pants and Fleur, Twilight was with Princess Celestia talking to some professors, Rainbow Dash was with the Wonderbolts, Pinkie Pie was being Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy had disappeared completely.

"Well this is kind of boring," Scootaloo said with a groan to her friend. Sweetie Belle nodded. The two of them decided to walk to where the food was being served, though neither of them were really that hungry. As they walked along, they heard somepony call their names.

"Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo!"

The two of them turned to see Silver Spoon trotting towards them. "Silver, what are you doing here?" Scootaloo asked as the gray earth pony filly met up with them.

"I came here with my mom and stepdad. We were invited by Princess Celestia since my mom is the one that sells them all their silverware," Silver Spoon explained.

"Well at least you’re here, Silver," Sweetie Belle said with a smile, "There don't seem to be any ponies our age here."

"There never are any, normally," Silver Spoon sighed, "I have to come to this every year and spend three to four hours being bored to death. At first I thought I was seeing things when you passed by. Anyway, you girls want to meet my mom?"

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle nodded, and Silver Spoon led the way towards what looked like a taller version of her. Silver's mom was currently in conversation when they walked up to her, but she broke off when she realized Silver was standing there.

"I was wondering where you ran off to, Silver," her mother said, "Who are these two fillies?"

"Mom, these are my two friends from school, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," Silver told her mother. "Girls, this is my mom, Silver Platter."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle smiled and said hi. Silver Platter smiled back at them. "It's good to meet the two of you. Silver has told me a lot about you two and your other friend, Apple Bloom. You two live in Ponyville, I take it?"

"Yes, I live with my parents out near the lake," Sweetie Belle told Silver Platter. "My sister also lives in Ponyville."

"Your sister is Rarity, right?" Silver Platter asked. Sweetie Belle nodded her head. "Your sister is quite possibly the best fashion designer I have ever met. I've bought all my favorite dresses from her."

"Don't tell that to her face. She might faint," Sweetie Belle said with a giggle. Silver Platter chuckled and then switched over to talking with Scootaloo.

"Now, Silver tells me that you were just adopted, Scootaloo?" she asked the filly. Scootaloo nodded.

"My mom, Twilight Sparkle, adopted me about four months ago. I was living on my own before she found me," Scootaloo explained.

"Yes, I had heard about that. That and what that nasty little filly Diamond Tiara did to you,” Silver Platter replied. “I always told Silver I never liked her that much. Silver's stepfather adored Diamond, though. Still, it's good to hear that somepony took you in. I can't say I've ever met your mother, but I've heard many good things about her.”

"Mom, is it okay if I hang out with my friends rather than you and Steel Works?" Silver Spoon asked. Silver Platter nodded her head.

"I know how bored you get at these parties, so that's fine with me."

Silver Spoon thanked her mom, and then the three of them ran off. When they were far enough away, Sweetie Belle asked a question that was on her mind. "Hey, Silver, who was that gray stallion that was staring at you while we were talking to your Mom?"

"Oh, that's my stepdad, Steel Works," Silver Spoon told her.

"Did your parents get divorced or something?" Scootaloo asked, just as curious as Sweetie Belle was. Silver Spoon shook her head.

"No, Dad passed away when I was really young. I don't remember him that much, but Mom said he was the kindest stallion she had ever met. He would do anything for anypony if they asked. He was a philanthropist, and he used a portion of the money he and Mom made with our silversmithing business to help those who were in need. I really wish I could remember more about him."

"So… um… if you don't mind me asking, what happened to him?" Sweetie Belle asked her friend nervously.

"It's okay; I feel proud every time I share this story,” Silver Spoon said. “It happened when we were still living in Fillydelphia: a fire broke out in the shop where we sold all our silver products. The building was rather old, and it didn't take long for the flames to engulf the whole thing. I think Mom said the smelter got too hot or something. Anyway, the fire had trapped four of Mom and Dad's workers in the building and the fire department still hadn’t arrived yet. Well, Dad, being the pony he was, ran right into the building. Mom almost fainted when he did and waited there. Slowly, one by one, he carried every single pony out of that building. The fire trucks finally arrived when he was carrying the third pony out. They told him they would take over, but he didn't listen to them and ran back in to get the last worker. Within minutes, they were out of the building and Dad was called a hero for saving all of them. Everything turned bad, though, because he collapsed as soon as they were out. They took him straight to the hospital, but the doctors said there was nothing they could do; they said he had inhaled too much smoke and it had poisoned him. The only thing they could do was make him comfortable for the last few moments. I was there when he took his last breath. Mom was a mess, she cried for three straight weeks. I was young so I didn't really understand. I always asked when Daddy was coming back and never understood why they always told me he was gone. I understand now that I'm older.”

Scootaloo was speechless and Sweetie Belle's eyes were sparkling. They couldn't understand why Silver Spoon was so composed. "I'm really sorry, Silver," Scootaloo choked out.

"Don't be; I'm very proud of what my Dad did. He gave his life to save four other ponies. Even today, he’s still considered a hero in Fillydelphia. The area where the building burnt down is now a tribute garden and has a statue of him there. Anyway, a few years passed and Mom finally moved on when she met Steel Works. They dated for a while before marrying and we moved to Ponyville. He's sometimes mean to me, but I know my Mom loves him so I put up with it."

"That was really touching, Silver," Sweetie Belle said after she wiped a few tears out of her eyes. “Anyway, why don’t we go eat? I’m kind of hungry now.”

Scootaloo and Silver Spoon agreed, and the three of them ran off. Across the room, Twilight had been watching to see what they were doing. Seeing that they were all right, she turned her attention back to the conversation she and Princess Celestia were having with some professors from the School of Gifted Unicorns.

"Anyway, Ms. Twilight, I would love it if you would read our paper on the Theory of Long-Distance Teleportation and tell us what you think," one of the professors said to Twilight.

"Of course, Professor, I’ll gladly look at it and tell you what I think," Twilight told him. Smiling, the three professors bowed and then walked away from Twilight and Celestia.

"I was wondering when they would finish talking with us," Princess Celestia whispered to Twilight.

"I know, and I had to try hard not to tell them that their theory was completely hare-brained," Twilight whispered back. Princess Celestia snickered and suppressed the sound with her hoof.

"Is something funny, sister?"

The two of them turned to see Princess Luna walking towards them, a plate of food levitating right next to her. "Oh, it's nothing, Luna. You probably wouldn't find it funny anyway," Celestia explained to her sister.

"Oh, okay," Princess Luna said, "Have any of you seen Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle? We were going to see what they were doing."

"Actually, didn't you say you had something to talk to me about, Luna?" Celestia asked.

"Oh, maybe I should tell you later, sister," Princess Luna said, "I don't want to get Twilight angry with this crowd of ponies around."

"Angry?" Twilight questioned. "Why would I get angry, Princess Luna?"

"Umm…" was all Luna said as she scratched the back of her neck nervously. It didn't really help that both her sister and Twilight were now clearly waiting to hear what she had to say.

"Luna," Princess Celestia said more sternly, "tell us what happened."

"Um… well the reason Scootaloo was in our room when you came upstairs to get her was… was because Prince Blueblood chased her out of your room. We didn't know this when she showed up in our room. We went into the bathroom for a moment, but came right back out when we heard yelling. We… we saw the prince with poor Scootaloo in a magical grip, and he was in the process of trying to hit her."

Dead silence. Neither Celestia nor Twilight said anything. Finally there was an outburst, one that was loud enough to silence the entire room.

"HE DID WHAT?!"

Everypony looked in the direction of the noise. Twilight was standing there, her eye twitching in anger and her face completely red.

"Why did everypony suddenly fall silent?" a rather familiar voice asked, breaking the silence. Prince Blueblood was standing in the ballroom doorway, his small entourage slightly behind him. Twilight spun around and met his gaze with hers. One look sent the Prince into a panic. Before he could escape, though, Twilight was in front of Blueblood and had him backed up into against the wall.

"How dare you touch my daughter, you arrogant butthead!" Twilight shouted at the top of her lungs. Prince Blueblood gulped nervously. Some ponies in the room thought he might lose control of his bladder. "Do you find joy in trying to hit small fillies, Mister So-Called Prince? Do you honestly not think anything through before you do stupid things?" Twilight continued.

"I… I found your little rat of a daughter in the bed of royalty. Maybe you should keep an eye on her, Twilight Sparkle," he said, trying desperately to keep his cool.

"If you ever call my daughter a rat again, you ignorant, pompous hothead, I'll turn your tongue into a snake! Also, did you ever think that maybe my daughter was put there so she could take a nap?" Twilight snapped in anger.

"Well, that is just silly. The servant that put her there should definitely be fired then, since they clearly…"

"Prince Blueblood, I've heard enough from you!"

Everypony turned to see Princess Celestia walking towards Twilight and Blueblood. She was doing a very good job remaining composed, but she was clearly very angry.

"Before you go accusing this castle’s staff, who are far more than mere servants, did you ever think that maybe I put Twilight's daughter in my own bed?" Princess Celestia said with a stern voice.

"But why would you…"

"Because Scootaloo is the daughter of my faithful student, who is herself like a daughter to me and somepony I consider part of my family, and I wanted to make sure that she took a nap somewhere safe. There is no law that says I can't let anypony sleep in my own bed, Prince Blueblood," Princess Celestia scolded.

"But… I… Auntie…"

"No. I have let you get away with calling me Aunt for far too long," Princess Celestia interrupted. "You are not my nephew, despite how much you like to tell ponies you are. You have managed to ruin a wonderful party and we will be discussing your behavior and punishment at length later on. For now, you and your ‘friends’ are no longer welcome at this party."

Prince Blueblood opened his mouth to speak, but one look from Princess Celestia caused him to shut it. Angrily, he turned back to Twilight and took his rage out on her. "Thanks for ruining this night for me and my friends, you stupid wench."

What happened next went by almost as if it were in slow motion. Twilight's right front hoof reared back and then shot forward. It made contact with the prince’s nose and slowly crushed it. Prince Blueblood fell back and covered his nose with his own hoof. Blood poured down his foreleg and dripped onto the floor despite the pressure that he put on it. Instead of fighting back, Blueblood turned and ran off, followed closely by his entourage.

"It's about time somepony hit him."

Everypony turned around to see who had spoken those words, only to find that they came from both Fleur and Rarity's mouths. There were a few awkward seconds before normal conversation continued. Twilight stood in the doorway, breathing heavily in an attempt to calm herself down. One of the butlers came up to her with a tray of drinks.

"Something tells me that Madame would like a drink," he said politely. Twilight nodded, grabbed a glass, and took small sips from it. Across the room, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Silver Spoon were staring at Twilight with open mouths.

"Did… did your mom just punch Prince Blueblood?" Silver Spoon muttered.

"Uh-huh," Scootaloo replied.

"Mr. Thunderlane better hope he never makes your mom mad, Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle said quietly. "If he ever did I sure wouldn't want to be him.

The party lasted for another few hours after the Blueblood incident. Things mostly went back to normal, although some stallions were keeping their distance from Twilight. The Sparkle family stayed there until the last guests had left, leaving them alone again with the princesses.

"Well, tonight was rather… eventful," Celestia said to all of them as they walked towards the main door of the castle. "Now, what time did you say dinner would be starting tomorrow, Velvet?"

"Six o'clock or six-thirty. Appetizers will probably be out around five-thirty or so. Does that timing work for you, Princess?" Velvet asked. Celestia nodded her head.

"Are you sure you don't need us to bring anything?" she asked Velvet, "A bottle of wine? Anything at all? It really isn’t a hassle."

Velvet shook her head. "We have everything we'll need for tomorrow. I don't want you or Princess Luna to lift a hoof."

Princess Celestia smiled and gave an understanding nod. Many upper-class ponies had found it hard to believe that their Hearth's Warming Day party invitations would always be declined for an evening with the Sparkle Family. Truth be told, Princess Celestia would rather spend the evening with them than all of the snooty ponies that lived in this city. The princess had been invited to dine with the family the first year Twilight became her student. She humbly accepted, much to her young pupil’s delight. The evening had been so joyous and eventful that she found herself coming back every year after that. This year would be Princess Luna's first year attending the dinner; she didn’t go the first year after her return because she was still struggling to adapt. Princess Celestia knew that she was in for a wonderful treat.

"Well, good night, my little ponies. Princess Luna and I will see all of you tomorrow evening," Princess Celestia said to all of them. Everypony said good night, and then the family made their way to the carriage waiting for them. Scootaloo was still awake but only just.

"Did you have a wonderful night, Scootaloo?" Twilight asked her. The filly nodded her head and let out a yawn.

"Tonight was awesome," she said quietly.

"What did you like the most about tonight?" Twilight asked out of curiosity.

"When you punched that jerk Prince Blueblood in the nose and he ran off like a foal," Scootaloo replied with a snicker. The rest of the family burst into laughter and Twilight's whole face went red.

"That… I didn't mean to," Twilight mumbled, completely embarrassed.

"So many guards would've paid to be in your shoes, Twily. Heck, I would love nothing more than to give that arrogant prick a pop in the jaw. He deserves it for how he treats us sometimes," Shining Armor mentioned.

"Can we please stop talking about it?" Twilight whined while the rest of her family kept laughing. "No, seriously, can we please stop?"

The laughter died down, but Twilight knew everypony was still thinking about it. She got a horrible feeling that this was going to end up in some newspaper after the holidays were done.

"I suppose we can set this aside," Night Light said as he wiped a tear out his eye. "Tomorrow is a big day, after all."

Tomorrow was a big day, indeed: Hearth's Warming Day, the most anticipated day throughout the entire year. A day of fun, family, and of course gift-giving. Tomorrow was especially important for one pony riding in the carriage: tomorrow was Scootaloo's first Hearth’s Warming with her new family.

Author's Note:

Well hope you all liked this one. For all of you who kept begging me I hope you enjoyed the Blueblood abuse. I certainly had fun writing it out. The next chapter will be the last one in this Hearth's Warming mini series and then I will move on to new material. For any who are concerned about the earring thing being too girly it was always my plan to have Scootaloo mellow out a little bit. Elric and I agreed that it was a good way to handle it. Don't worry though this is probably about as far as I'm going to take it. I'm not sure when the next chapter will be up and I can't guarantee it'll be soon, real life is really busy right now, but I will try my best to not take too long.

Mayhem D.