• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 3,145 Views, 55 Comments

Guess This is Home Now - Night--Mist



Ever wondered what it would be like to live in another universe completely different from our own? Well, now one of our kind has to. It was sort of by accident.

  • ...
15
 55
 3,145

It's Time

The Apple Family and Chad got to work in the Apple orchard while it was still early morning. They made good progress as well. Chad got a little playful and used his magic to cause and apple or two to fall on Applejack's head. "Ow! What in Tarnation?" She exclaimed. Apple Bloom giggled as she saw the whole thing happen. Chad gave a smirk, and Applejack realized what happened. "Oh, so Ya'll think that's funny huh? How's about some a this?" Applejack said before bucking two apples in Chad's direction.

He ducked and chuckled, "Ya'll missed me."

Applejack gave a smirk and pointed her hoof up. Chad then looked up, just in time to see dozens of apples fall on top of him. He popped his head out and said, "Wow, didn't see that one comin."

Applejack, Apple Bloom and Chad all shared a laugh before finishing their rounds. Just as they made it back to the house, a mail pony arrived and said, "I'm looking for a Mr. Harding."

"That would be me sir," Chad said, Surprised he was getting mail at all.

"A message from Princess Celestia for you sir," the mail pony said.

"Oh, thank you," Chad said as he took the letter.

"What's it say sugarcube," Applejack said.

Chad reads, "Dear Chad Harding. I have sent this letter to inform you that Shining Armor and myself shall be in Ponyville shortly to visit and we have decided it is time for you to start your training. We look forward to seeing you again. We'll be sure to meet you at Sugar Cube Corner, Your royal friend, Princess Celestia. P.S. Princess Luna has decided to make you part of the night guard upon our return to Canterlot."

"Oh nelly. I didn't even realize it was that time already. Time sure has flown. We best get to Sugar Cube Corner so we're not late," Applejack exclaimed.

"Right," Chad agreed.

"Apple Bloom. Tell Granny Smith we'll be at Sugar Cube Corner for a bit. And make sure Big Mac isn't trying to overexert himself again. That brother of ours is one stubborn stallion, just like Pa was," Applejack reminisced.

"You got it big sis," Apple Bloom said as she scampered off to tell Granny, then returned to catch up with Applejack and Chad.

They soon made it to Sugar Cube Corner where Twilight was already there. "I trust you received Princess Celestia's letter?" Twilight asked.

"Haha, nothin gets past you sugarcube," Applejack admitted.

"I'm supposing Shining Armor told you he was visiting today?" Chad Pondered.

"Very perceptive. You'd make a fair detective Chad," Twilight complimented.

"Thank you," Chad replied.

"I have to admit, I haven't known Princess Celestia to run late like this," Twilight said.

No sooner did she say that, the doors to sugar cube corner opened, to reveal the Princess of Day herself. "A princess is never late, my fateful student, everypony else is simply early," Celestia stated.

"Touche' your majesty," Chad said as he bowed with Applejack and Twilight in respect to her.

"Well, we won't be here for too long, and I am glad Twilight, that you didn't try to make this a social gathering, or we would be here til noon tomorrow," Celestia commented.

"I knew this was one of those quick ins and outs, but I will admit, I was trying my best not to let the entire town know, which was more difficult then it sounds," Twilight stated.

"For you Twilight, that's actually pretty believable, no offense," Chad chuckled.

"None taken. I've heard worse, trust me," Twilight winked.

"Well, getting back on subject. I've gotten numerous letters from Twilight about how you've been doing, but tell me, from your personal perspective, how have you been coping here in Equestria since you arrived?" Celestia inquired.

"Well, I'll admit, it's been quite a, shall I say, bumpy carriage ride. I had my great days, my mellow days, and my, not so savy days. But all in all, this place is more then I could hope for. I'd say I am far better off here then with the trials I had to face in my own world. If you were ever wondering if I wanted to go back, should we ever find a way, I'll admit, I'd much rather stay in Equestria. And the Apple family, well, they are some of the best ponies I've ever had the privilege of getting to know. It's no wonder so many ponies love them. Granted there are a few who give them a bit of a sour shoulder, but they are tolerable ponies your majesty," Chad replied.

"That's good to hear. And the food, has it been to your liking?" Celestia dug deeper.

"Well, although the change in my diet felt strange, I was coping. I'll admit, I was a bit hasty to try a daisy daffodil sandwich, but in the end, I liked it. But I shouldn't be one to judge food. I mean, Spike's regular diet is gems. My mother always told me "Don't judge food by it's appearance". And I try to live by those words when trying new things," Chad admitted.

"I see. And I've am sorry for all the times the press wouldn't leave you alone, and I also am trying to track down that mare who's claiming your magic to be false. She appears not to stay in one place too long. But perhaps we should let her find you to let her see what you can do, and if she as "Great and Powerful" as she claims to be," Celestia said.

"Well, she'll be able to find me around Canterlot once we set off. Oh, about that. You don't mind if I say my final goodbyes to everypony here do you, your majesty?" Chad asked politely.

"Of course not Chad. But I do ask that you not make your farewells linger, for we do need to make our way back to Canterlot as soon as we can. I suppose that I could purchase some sweets from Pinkie Pie and the Cakes while we wait for your return," Celestia suggested.

"Thank you, your majesty, I shall be back as soon as I can," Chad bowed before heading out of the store.

Chad made it to all the houses of his and Applejack's closest friends, including the Element bearers, and their farewells ranged from excitement for him by Rainbow Dash, to a flash flood of tears from Rarity. The CMC's emotions were all sorts of mixed up. They were happy, sad, and mad. As most children were. Chad promised that once his training was completed, his first priority would be to make a visit to Ponyville.

With that, Chad made it back to Sugar Cube corner and exclaimed, "Sweet Mother of Mercy."

He saw at least two wagons full of sweets loaded onto them. Shining Armor trotted up to him and whispered, "The Princesses both have a sweet tooth, and very high metabolisms. Trust me, this is normal."

"Copy that," Chad said as he continued to stair at the mountains of sweet filled boxes.

He was soon snapped out of his trance as a pink blur Tackled him, nearly knocking him over. "I'm gonna miss you so much. You're gonna have so much fun, and so many adventures, and I'm sure Shining Armor will be promoting you silly fast. Now get to canterlot and get trained," Pinkie Pie said.

"G-Got it," Chad said, at a loss for words with how she talked so fast.

He then made it to Applejack and gave her a hug. "Be sure to look after our little sister while I'm gone. I have a feeling her shenanigans are gonna get even crazier with her friends," Chad requested.

"Will do, little brother. Now you and Shining play nice now, ya hear, or I'll drag my flank up to Canterlot, and give both Ya'll what for," Applejack playfully threatened.

"Come on AJ. When have I ever tried to get into mischief?" Chad winked.

"Oh, get on goin, before ya'll really make me sappy," Applejack hurried him as she wiped a tear away.

Chad soon climbed aboard the carriage waiting for him, and waved to the three element bearers, til they were no longer in site. Just as they settled down in the carriage, a thundering voice yelled, "DON'T FORGET TO WRIIIIIITE!!!"

The sound was so huge, it nearly blew all the ponies and Chad from from the carriage, as, they held on to whatever they could grab. Celestia was able to catch and reorganize all the sweets she had ordered neatly again, before straightening out her crown. "Seems the Pie family hasn't lost their touch in surprises over the generations. Lemon Meringue Pie was a doosy back in her day," Celestia laughed.

Chad was surprise Celestia took this so well. Then again, she had been living for well over 1000 years, so, he supposed this was nothing new to her. He then relaxed as he tried to get the ringing out of his ears. This was gonna be an interesting stay in Canterlot.

Author's Note:

After so long, I finally put up a new chapter........ sweet mother Luna what is wrong with me?

Anyways, so, now Chad's off to his new training time, but I will not be featuring an entire chapter of how the training goes, instead, I have something else in mind for what Chad will find out in the next chapter. But like Rarity always says:

So until next time, leave me a comment, and