• Published 28th Apr 2013
  • 21,945 Views, 1,520 Comments

Liquid Pride - Shakespearicles



Shining Armor finds Twilight's secret diary and he doesn't read it... for about 5 seconds.

Comments ( 272 )
ISKV #1 · Jan 4th, 2014 · · ·

Man. That was one hell of an ending.

:rainbowhuh: too much confusion :derpytongue2:

Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

I—can't say I enjoyd thing ending very much. Tyrantlestia and Nightmare Luna both, to me, came fairly out of the blue. As did the whole triumvirate business. In the end, the thing that satisfied me most is knowing that nopony is immortal now. How terrible a thought is that?

I don't know, really. I'm sorry I can't add anything more useful than that, I really am. Don't let me get you down.

3732677

came fairly out of the blue

Now go back and re-read the story. The clues are there. They'll be easier to see now.

3732686
Heh, maybe you're right. It was still fairly confusing before the end.

3732691 That's okay. Everypony was deceived. The reader included.

It was an ... interesting chapter
I mean we were reading a weird comedy and suddenly BOOM Century-old plots ! Betrayals ! Magical duels !
I was half expecting an "it was just a dream/book" ending, still it was a pretty good ending, if a little over the top

That escalated quickly

that was a hell of a twist

That story was pure fun to read thank you a lot bro

I can't express how much :pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::yay: I experienced reading this, for the following reasons which are not at all completely inclusive. (And some things that jumped out at me.)

Okay. I think you can handle it.

That alone made my day.

The magic of the Elements are powered by love.

I remember a very similar analysis about how the Elements worked. Approval for working this in, in a way that makes insane sense.

"Shining an I figured it out between the two of us."
"Where is he?!" Twilight asked desperately.
"He'll be here soon! We just need to stall them!" Cadence said.

Possible overrun of italics there? Almost seemed like a flashback at first glance.

"It's treason then."

The Chancellor says hi? :twilightoops:

She could morn her later.

Mourn? :trixieshiftright:

"But who would ever want to read erotic fiction about you and your brother getting it on?" Pinkie said as her gaze slowly turned toward the reader.

Piiinkiiiieeee...

In all seriousness though, this has been epic from start to finish. Something I was reminded of so many times in this last chapter alone. The referencing of the ley lines? Mocking the pageant? That all feels like it was forever ago, and yet I remember it so very clearly, and it's all made relevant. I'll refrain from pointing out everything that was so perfectly fit together here, because if I did that then the comment would be longer than this chapter.

Everybody lives? Further kudos for doing that plausibly, especially for Cadence--of everypony involved, she deserved another go at life the most, as she was quite literally manufactured for Celestia's somewhat-nefarious purposes.

And spin-offs?

My body is ready. :flutterrage:

I think what had me laughing the most was the author's notes.

"Let the spin offs begin!"

Hah, good one!

Interesting yet very good ending to this story.

Loved the additional Doctor ho reference in the end there, especially with how things were going about halfway into this last chapter. Well done sir, well done. :twilightsmile:

wtf... Now that's a twist I didnt see coming..

I was more excited for this than I was for the new episode this morning.

3732742 'Doctor Ho', the Chinese Timelord in a blue box.

Don't let anyone tell you that this is just some stupid clopfic. You could get rid of the sex scenes and it would still be a great story.

Well, it had to come to an end eventually.

Everything coming back into play that was hinted at before was a nice touch, but the tone had a very nasty change at the start here. The readers, myself included, were used to a nice lighthearted comedic romance story when suddenly we're thrown into centuries old plots, political intrigue & deception, and none of us know just who to trust.

This story didn't really start feeling like it was Liquid Pride again until Luna had captured Twilight and was busy gloating. That's not to say it wasn't enjoyable, but it just didn't seem like the same story, which kept it from being as immersive and joyful as I'm used to. You managed to recapture that spark before the end though, so I can't really fault it too greatly.:twilightsmile:

It's been a fun ride and I'm glad that I got to come along for it. Even if I am still a little mad at you for stringing us along so long before finally giving us TwiArmor:rainbowwild:

"Ahem. We as the rulers of Equestria, do find you both guilty of crimes against Equine, and do hereby banish you both from its boarders, never to return."

They're banished from within Equestria's wooden floors? I hardly see how that's applicable here. Remove that extra 'a' from boarders, thus acquiring borders, or the limits of one's ownership of a piece of land or territory.

that was amazing, good work

Bonus points for happy endings.
Minus points for all the betrayal,
Feels rushed.

The fact that this ending surprised so many actually boggles me a bit. With the way that 'they' were acting throughout the story it should have been at least a little suspicious that there was other stuff going on.

Can't lie...didnt like that one bit. Everything seemed like it came out the blue.

I don't know rules of the English language, but I did find something odd.

Something had been had been troubling

"Sort of.

You'll get used to them."Cadence said

They thought her mad

massaging is wings

There. It's finally finished. Now you can all enjoy the 'Liquid Pride' alternate universe where Twilight and Shining Armor are the sibling rulers of Equestria. Let the spin-offs begin!

make a group and blog posts if that happens^^

3733093 As penance, I've added a bonus link in the lyrics. (Don't worry, it's not U2)

JBL

Eh.... mixed feelings about the ending to be honest. Didn't really seem to fit the Romance/Slice of Life tags.

"I am your wife! I think I'm entitled!" Her voice rose.

"You want answers?"

"I want the truth!" She shouted.

Dunno if call Bullshit, say you cheating bastard or tell you friking genius. for now I will say just WOW.

The last two chapters seems pulled of from nowhere, but it's a funny and while a little too sweet for my taste, still a better ending then many more stories i have read here

Ending both celestia and luna would had been more practical, but i suppose it's fine this way too. Also cadence age reversed? What when she grow up again? She is still technically married with shining is she not?

One mare come in the name of love.
One mare come and go.
One mare come here to justify
One mare to overthrow.

In the name of Love.

Is that a reference to something? I feel like it's a reference to something.


i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/411/630/096.png
Well, that was enlightening...

Have a comment outside my usual fare for a chapter outside of yours.

"Celestia and Luna." Twilight addressed them. The new earth ponies both looked at the pair of new Alicorns in front of them. "I, Twilight Sparkle, as ruler of Equestria-"
"We." Shining cut in.
"What?"
"We. We as rulers!" Shining insisted
"Heh heh, you said weewee!" Twilight chuckled.
"Oh, oh hoho I did! Ha ha. But no time for that now!"

tinyurl.com/mrw8pao

static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/oh+tards+you+so+silly+_12662b4de053c27c9982ae58b8a8f5dc.gif

"Well, that escalated quickly and ended abruptly." Rarity said.

i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/491/844/80a.png

I imagine this was the Prereaders and Shakespearicles:
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m72gxaUYoS1qd9cioo1_500.gif

Camisa Roja

That's spanish for Red Shirt. This does not bode well for his career.

"Hey, let's play Red Shirts vs Storm Troopers. PEW! PEW! I missed!"

"Aw, but I got hit and died anyway!"

Together: "Yay!"

"I liked it better when it was just 'Captain', or even 'Sir'."

Red Shirts always address the captain after all.

"Well you haven't seen the erotic literature about them that I have."

It's so meta, even this acronym-

"I mean, kinky Celestia on Luna action? Now that's some hot stuff! But who would ever want to read erotic fiction about you and your brother getting it on?" Pinkie said as her gaze slowly turned toward the reader.

i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/504/245/c64.gif

"I love you too." She said. "Should we just kiss now and get the rumors out of the way?"

media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltchxuk1Zg1qhp4ni.gif

"Uh, why don't we wait a couple centuries and let them warm up to the idea a bit."

i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/435/511/04c.gif

"OKAY we're leaving!" Rarity said

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/464/440/03b.gif

"Hmm, Shining, is that your royal scepter? Or are you just happy to see me?" She teased.

i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/274/467/1f6.gif

"He'll be out in a few days. I swear, with the way he keeps almost dying on me, it's like fate has him marked for an untimely end. I just visited him today."

You need to read a book called "Night of the living Trekkies." I think you'll find you'll ken to that humour.

"Hey! Remember," Twilight said, "this is a special, sometimes thing. Not an all-the-time thing. And be quiet this time! I don't want to wake up Cadence again."

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/251/834/839.gif

A lot of stuff

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/474/490/ab5.gif

One mare come in the name of love.
One mare come and go.
One mare come here to justify
One mare to overthrow.

media.tumblr.com/f513ce66a1af77de97eb4db6c95ed196/tumblr_inline_mq8yf2bLmE1qz4rgp.gif

In the name of Love.

It... STOPPED!~ IN THE NAME OF LOVE! Shakespearicles, you broke my heart.

Kinda broke the fourth wall with "who would ever want to read a kinky fanfiction about you and your brother getting it on?" Awesome

Whoa. Like...whoa.

But......it can't be over:fluttercry: It... it was beautiful:raritycry::raritycry:!!!!

3733301
I feel like it's something worthy of being referenced :ajsmug:

I don't have much time so I may write more later, but WOW, that was some drama!

"Well, that escalated quickly and ended abruptly." Rarity said.

You said it, sister!

At first, I was angry because I don't like Tyrantlestia. But then Luna was worse, and they lived at least, so I think I'm over it.

She felt reinvigorated, with the energy of two, no, THREE of Pinkie Pie's espressos.

When I first read that, I thought it was "the energy of three Pinkie Pies", which would be far more impressive :rainbowlaugh:

Pinkie said as her gaze slowly turned toward the reader.

Laying it on a bit thick... I got it before that.

She passed him an old towel.

Is it weird that I felt nostalgic about Shining's trusty jizz towel?

I love how you handled Cadence. I was wondering what happened to her after the fight, and rebirthing her seems a good solution. I love that she preserved her memories in Twilight's mind. So many stories have rebirths where the character doesn't remember anything, in which case they'll never really be their old self again.

...and,I gotta get going, but BRAVO AND CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING THIS EPIC MASTERPIECE! :pinkiehappy:

well that ending sure came out and blindsided me. it dos not seem to fit the passe of the story really. But I t was still surprising good work!


And I wanted to thank you for taking your time to give us this story.

Wow. You know, at the time I was reading the parts about the ley lines I kept thinking "This has to be here for a reason. It may come into play later in this chapter or a few chapters later as a sub plot". By a few chapters in, I had completely forgotten. I only thought Luna's attempted antics with her sister was just for comedy at the time; guess that was another hint.

All in all, I feel that this is a great end to a great story! Hope to see what you may do next.

3733240 Well, if you want to get technically, Cadence technically died and was then rebirthed. The marriage oficially ended with her death, so he is free to make as much sweet sweet love with his sister for eternity as he likes have a happy family with twilight as partner and Cadence as their daughter.

3733301 The altered lyrics were too perfect to not use.
In the name of love

3733823 Ok. That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

3733325 It's Pinkie. She's allowed.

Well I expected to end in a giant rampage of Shining humping all of the princesses and ending as daddy to 4 kids.
But this was more than exceptionable.
Good job Sir.

What the flying fuck? :twilightoops:

3734538 Well, now that they both have wings... Yes, I suppose they could do that.

Congratulations, Shakey, on finishing this magnificent piece of work.

Login or register to comment