• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 21,587 Views, 683 Comments

Between Day and Night - Davesknd



Twilight is called back to Canterlot to spend some time with the princesses

  • ...
32
 683
 21,587

Phase Five

Her magic was steady on the sun and she cast a simple grabbing spell. Arcane power materialized around her and she felt a teleport spell beginning.

As usual, everything went white but something felt wrong. Twilight felt... heavy?

She felt something fling against her horn. Weird!

The teleport seemed to take longer than the usual heartbeat but finally, the she returned to a soft ground in reality.
A soft “Thud” sound alarmed her that the book she was carrying had landed on the floor somewhere.
The unicorn shook her head as her eyes slowly adapted to the half-dark.

But suddenly, two forelegs grabbed her and held her against a chest.

They were longer than hers, but clearly not Celestia’s!

“CHRRRR… hmon… shmmdow…” Was quietly mumbled into her ear.

Twilight struggled against the soft hold, finally seeing that she was in a bed, in what seemed to be one of the many guest rooms in Canterlot castle. The curtains were closed, letting just a little light in. Two grey forelegs hugged her neck and a snout was gently pressed against her cheek.

And a certain pressure in her back told her that the pony that was currently cuddling her was definitely male! Luckily a blanket separated the two but Twilight still struggled harder!

“Chrr… don’t leave me for Lady Nightmare Moon… I made your favourite cake! Can she make you cake?” the stallion continued to mumble, making her inner psychiatrist listen up. That seemed delightfully disturbing.
But still, it was not his fault that she suddenly appeared in his bed and the unicorn didn’t feel like waking the stranger and embarrass him and herself. If she could just get a bit more distance between them she could easily teleport away, pick up the book and find out what happened. Struggling was easier than she had expected: besides him being taller than her, he was not nearly as strong as the princess or her childhood scuffling partner: Shining Armor.

She was almost out of his grasp and ready to teleport as a thought started to scream in her head and made her freeze: Two forelegs were around her neck, his muzzle was next to her ear… WHAT THE HAY WAS STROKING HER HAIR?

“IIIIIIHHH” Twilight yelled like a little filly.

The stallion’s eyes shot open.

“AAAAHHH!” he screamed, much higher pitched than her.

Later Twilight would admit that she did feel a little offended by his next action. But if the faithfulness of a stallion could be measured by how far he would throw an unknown mare out of his bed, this “hmon shmmdow” would have him for a very long time.

The purple mare landed hard on the other side of the room, the blanked now wrapped around her. A part of her brain recognized that the door was now on the far end of the room. Most of her brain, however, was focused on her horrifying discovery: On the bed was a monster!

An unnatural appendage grew out of the right side of his neck, just above his shoulder. Stretched out, it was probably almost as long as his foreleg, about half as thick and covered in the same grey fur as the rest of the stallion. It looked like some sort of tentacle.
The thing was rubbing his right eye while one fore hoof rubbed the other.

“WHAT IS THAT?” Twilight yelled again, pointing at the abomination in front of her as the thing shook the sleep out of his head.

“VILE CHANGELNG!” he suddenly proclaimed while grabbing under the pillow with the unnatural appendage “Back for more, I see! But I am prepared! EAT COLD IRON! GYAHAHAHA!”

An object was flung through the room.

Still too shocked to react, Twilight was hit directly on the head. “OW!”

She looked up.

A rusty horseshoe was hanging from her horn.

“A horseshoe?” she asked, slightly stunned. “Who throws a horseshoe?”

“Hm…” the stranger’s ire seemed to dissipate. “You are not a changeling… otherwise this would have been a lot more… effective...”

“WHAT IS THAT?” Twilight yelled again, pointing at the stallion.

A flash of white cut through the low light conditions and Princess Celestia appeared in the room.

She looked around quickly, her face full of worry until she found Twilight, confused, wrapped in a blanked and pointing.
Her eyes went to the stallion and a mask of gentle mischief returned.

“In bed with the enemy again, Autumn?” she asked in a teasing voice.

The stallion’s cheeks flared up and he grabbed his pillow to cover himself.

“Did you teleport your protégée in my bed, just to make that joke?” he asked coldly.

“I promise: I wasn’t aware that you were even in the castle.” Celestia answered gently. “My agents do not pursue perfectly harmless ponies. Well... at least not on my orders.”

His face hardened at the word harmless and his tentacle wrapped around his neck lazily.

Twilight was brought back into reality.

“WHAT IS THAT?” she yelled and pointed again.

“Is there any way this could get any more embarrassing…” he muttered loudly. Terror invaded his features “No, wait! NO! I SAID IT!”

The door flew open.

Again, Twilight was on the edge of screaming.

A blue Pegasus with a midnight blue mane that was stylishly combed over half of her face entered the room. Three perfectly hexangular lumps of briquette formed her cutie mark, barely visible under the night guard uniform she was wearing. As her yellow eyes opened in surprise her toothy and fanged grin disappeared. Leathery wings were folded on her sides, one holding her helmet. The two slits that were her pupils started to scan the room with a dangerous calm.
What was this? Freaky Abomination Appreciation Day?

“Honey... Why is princess Celestia in your room? Why is Lady Sparkle wrapped in your blanket? And why are you humping a pillow in front of them?” she asked calmly, her eyes slowly narrowing. “Is this some plan to bring back eternal night?”

“That is the first thing that comes to mind?” Twilight asked in confusion.

“You don’t know my idiot, do you?” the Pegasus asked with a hint of frustration.

“I wouldn't call that *humping*. He is more... shaking in complete terror.” Celestia corrected.

“Does it really matter what I say now? No matter how confused and scared I am, you are going to be angry.” the stallion wailed in defeat.

“You are probably right, but I want to know why I am angry with you!” the soldier answered roughly.

Twilight shook her head and finally managed to focus. “WHAT IS THAT?”

“That is my very special somepony.” The night guard answered, stressing “special” in the same way Diamond Tiara usually did when describing Snips and Snails.

“That thing on his neck!”

“That is a tentacle.” The guard threw in.

“Yes! But how? WHY?”

“Because he created a highly unstable and illegal mutagen and tested it on himself.” Celestia suddenly chimed in. She turned to the Pegasus. “Agent Shadow. Did you invite him?”

The night guard saluted. “No, Princess. Princess Luna gave him this room so he could stay over the week. She apparently wants to have the followers around while she rules alone. At least that is what I think. She didn’t explain it to me. She just told me that my next shift was at nightfall and that my coltfriend was in here. And that I should do the math. Well, not in exactly these words, of course.”

“I understand.” The alicorn said with a knowing grin. She turned to Twilight. “Shall we…”

“HOW MUCH CAN IT LIFT? DOES IT HAVE A BONE STRUCTURE? HOW IS IT CONNECTED TO YOUR SPINAL CORD? GOODNESS, I HAVE TO DISSECT IT!” Twilight almost exploded with stars in her eyes.

Autumn let out another little filly scream and jumped behind the night guard.

“A third of what my arm can lift! No, only sinews, tendons and connective cartilage! Between my 5th and 6th vertebrae! I had it tested! PLEASE DON’T DISSECT ME!” he wailed, as he cowered behind his girlfriend and pointed her head at the unicorn.

“Hey, nobody dissects my coltfriend! Not even a heroine like you!” the agent yelled, extending a protective wing.

The purple pony stopped dead in her tracks. This mare looked scary!

“As pleasant as a chat with agent Shadow and Autumn is, I think we should leave, Twilight.” Celestia suggested.

The unicorn nodded and grabbed the book off the floor. She quickly shook the horseshoe off her horn and stepped next to the princess.

Another flash of gold later, the stallion and the Pegasus were alone.

“I am really sorry, love… even though I have no idea what just happened…” the stallion muttered and was about to walk around his girlfriend, when her tail suddenly rose and wrapped around his neck.

“Honey, I spent the entire night telling ponies that the rainbow around the moon was a good thing and not the sign of Nightmare Moon’s second coming or Discordian aftershocks. I feel tense as a Manticor with its tail in a wood chipper and I have 6 hours of free time before it all starts again… You stay EXACTLY where you are!”

-

Twilight materialized a heartbeat later.

She looked around to find herself in the ball room. That was where her observation ended, as she was yet again grabbed and hugged fiercely.

But this time by the Princess. Confusion dissipated as Twilight could fully enjoy being embraced this time and returned the favour happily. But her happiness was sullied by a sob from the alicorn.

“Princess? What is wrong?” Twilight asked carefully, unable to see the princess’ face.

“Oh, Twilight! I am so sorry!” Celestia sighed and gave the unicorn another tight squeeze. The gentle composure of moments ago was gone. “I made a terrible mistake! I am so sorry that this happened!”

“Princess... what happened?” The unicorn asked as gentle as possible.

“I underestimated you! I underestimated you so much!” the princess said, her voice trembling slightly. “When I felt the sun calling out, I found and teleported you. But your hold was so much stronger than I expected. Instead of snapping out of your grasp, the sun held you back.”

Shock overcame Twilight. She could hold the sun?

“I managed to snap the sun away, but by doing so, I moved it. I panicked! I quickly dumped you in the first guest room that came to mind and realigned sun in its right place.” Celestia nuzzled the unicorn gently, savouring the feeling.

“But why did you put me in a guest room?” the unicorn asked carefully.

“I... I have never experienced something like this.” The princess explained, not letting go of the unicorn. “The thought of teleporting you in here hurt, with a cracked horn or... or worse.”

Twilight had to hide her shock as she saw a tear roll over the princess face.

“I couldn’t face it right away... I had to return the sun to its place. I had to keep the day going.”

The unicorn gently rubbed her temple against the princess’ neck.

“I am fine, Celestia.” She whispered gently. “Nothing bad happened.”

Celestia slowly let go. As the embraced loosened, Twilight slowly realized how tight the princess had held her. The unicorn took a deep breath.

“I am sorry.” The princess added crestfallen “The thought that my foalishness hurt you got the best of me.”

“You didn’t know how strong my grip could be.” Twilight tried to soothe by nuzzling Celestia’s cheek “Sometimes I have no idea how strong my magic is. Please don’t torment yourself. I’m here. I’m fine.”

She suddenly stopped, realizing how close she had come to a certain pair of lips and stepped back a little.

*COMFORT!!* A voice in the back of her head yelled and added *Celestia Dresses Try On*

Twilight blinked. Maybe that horseshoe had given her brain damage...

“Thank you, Twilight.” Celesita said after taking a deep breath herself.

“So... who were those two?” The unicorn asked, hoping that it would distract the sun goddess.

“Oh! I forgot that you have never actually met the leader of Luna’s cult.” Celestia answered slightly more cheerful.

“Wait! THAT was the head weirdo?” Twilight asked incredulously “When you wrote me about Luna’s cult, I imagined... well... different. Probably less mutated.”

“I doubt that Luna would like it if you called her followers weirdos.” The princess smirked “But trust me, Autumn is quite harmless. He may enjoy his melodrama, but I can’t say that he is a negative influence towards the followers or Luna.”

“He did seem familiar... wait! Autumn Galerina?”

“You know him?” Celestia wondered loudly.

“Know him? We were S.W.P.E.O.I.T.H.C.F.!”

“You were what?”

“Students Who Passed Each Other In The Hallway Casually Forever!” Twilight explained. After a short pause she added “I was really into acronyms back then. So that’s how he wrecked the chemistry room. And who was the other one?”

“His biggest conquest.” The princess giggled “She was the secret agent who infiltrated the cult. I had to turn two blind eyes on them, when I found out that they were in love.”

“Oh... She is in the service?” Twilight asked carefully. Shining Armour had mentioned the service. And the captain of the royal guard was not their strongest supporter. Too much sneakiness and lies.

“Officially she was suspended and only works as an advisor to the secret service now. But Luna offered her a permanent place in the night guard and well... she was one of the first to go through the change.”

“No more repercussions?” Twilight wondered aloud. “I mean... I read a lot of Con Mane, but I didn't think that the real secret service could get away with stuff like that.”

The princess sighed gently. “Usually, they don’t. I was close to going harder on her. But I cannot go harder on them with a clean conscience. Both were good and talented ponies that should have prospered... and yet, both slipped through my hoofs. It was up to Luna to catch them. I didn't want to see them suffer just because life is not always fair.”

“You care about them!” the unicorn said gently, her eyes growing bigger.

“Of course I do! I care about all my subjects, big and small.”

“Yes, but you don’t just say that or make exceptions... you truly care about all of us. Even if we have tentacles sticking out of our necks or do really foalish things, you still care about us!” Twilight stressed, stars dancing in her eyes. To her, the princess suddenly seemed even more beautiful.

“Twilight?”

“Sorry, just got lost in a thought.” The unicorn managed to stop herself from staring. “I got the book!”

“Then at least something good has come out of this mess...” Celestia sighed. “I had the ball room prepared for our little fashion parade. Even though the servants overdid it a little.”

Twilight looked around, to find the room filled with mirrors, a small stage and a music player.

“That was quick...” she admitted, wondering why there were so many heart motives. Maybe leftovers from last hearts and hoofs day?

The unicorn opened the book and immediately let out a sigh of relief. It was actually the sketchbook that she wanted and not, as she had expected, knowing the pattern of her life, Rarity’s secret sensual diary, a fetish line catalogue or an account book of a secret prostitution ring. Just sketches! Thank the stars!

“I’ll just step out for a moment. Why don’t you pick out the ones you like best?” Twilight offered quickly. She was still slightly flustered and needed to compose herself.

“Of course.” The princess answered, taking the book.

Twilight hurried out of the room and into a nearby bathroom.

After a few splashes of water into her face she stood in front of the mirror and let out a deep sigh.

There was no longer any doubt: Twilight was in love. This was no longer a crush or admiration. Twilight loved Celestia! She loved Celestia and everything she stood for.
In a world as chaotic and strange as Equestria could be, everypony could look at the sun and know that Celestia was there to rule them with kindness, mercy and gentleness.
And even when the facade broke, there was no tyrant, but a selfless and big hearted pony who would suffer and bleed for every single one of her subjects.

“I guess there is no way around it anymore...” The unicorn muttered “I love her.”

“Sure?”

“Yes, I know it. I can’t look at her without thinking what a marvel she is. I have never felt this strong for another being! I want to see her happy! I want to tear down that gentle facade and make the true her smile and laugh! I love the princess! I love Celestia!”

“Wonderful! Now, what are you going to do about it?”

“Well... wait! Who am I talking to?” Twilight suddenly realized and looked around. As she saw nobody in the room, her gaze finally drifted towards the mirror.

“Oh, great! I’m going crazy again.”

“Pretty much.”

Twilight looked at her image and smiled. “I might as well use you!”

“What?”

“Well, I have decided that I love Celestia! Now we can brainstorm to find out what to do next.”

“You do realize that I am not really a separate pony?”

“Yes, but you are some part of my subconscious and I can bounce ideas off you!” Twilight said with a grin.

“THE SUBCONCIOUS DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT!” the mirror mare yelled back.

“SEE!”

“Goodness... we are messed up!”

“Anyways... how should I confess to her?” Twilight wondered and started to ponder, her hoof below her lips. “Hmm... I COULD TRY TO SEDUCE HER!”

Cracks started to appear on the glass as the mirror mare started to laugh harder than Twilight herself had ever done before. Actually, she was almost laughing harder than Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah... that probably is a bad idea...” Twilight admitted. And as if the universe itself decided to comment on this statement, somewhere in Equestria, the foal that would at one day become the great Captain Obvious was born. Strangely, the good captain would not do his name proud and point out the blatantly obvious, but rather fight crime in the name of justice and morality. The universe is funny that way.

“So... what do I do?”

“How should I know? I am you!”

“You are not helping! I am not helping! AHHHH!” Twilight groaned in frustration.

“Why don’t you try to be yourself?” her image offered.

“I have been myself ever since I met her!” the unicorn rolled her eyes.

“And you two ended up snuggling last night!”

“You do have a point there...”

“Sure we do.”

“So, I should be myself?”

“Who else would you want to be? I mean... it worked for Spike.”

“Gosh, can you imagine his face when we tell him that his sister has fallen for his mom?”

“Well, I won’t have to tell him! I am not real.”

“What did I say about being snarky?”

“That was the Twilight in the other mirror. Since every experience changes your subconscious, a projection like me disappears whenever you lose focus.”

“So, once I experience something new, you are gone? That is a bit sad.”

“Such is the fate of every fantasy. Only those made reality may endure. So take the dream you have and make it reality! There is a princess waiting in the ball room! And she is dire need of a new gown!” The mirror mare pumped a hoof in the air.

“Yes! Dresses Celestia Try ON!” Twilight cheered.

“You think funny, did you notice?”

“Oh, you are imagining things!” the unicorn answered and turned to leave, ignoring the mirror loudly proclaiming: “I AM IMAGINARY!”

-

Twilight found the princess in the ball room next to her discarded regalia, shoes and the book. She was unrolling a scroll that hovered in her golden magical grip. Her eyes lit up as the unicorn approached.

“Twilight, you got mail!” the sun princess announced.

“Oh, Spike sent me a letter?” the unicorn wondered aloud.

Celestia simply nodded and floated the scroll over to her student.

*Dear Twilight
WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU DONE TO RARITY?*

Twilight stopped for a moment. Spike was writing in huge letters.

*Sweetie Belle found her unconscious with foam coming out of her mouth. She managed to grab Fluttershy to have a look at Rarity. At first Fluttershy thought that she had an epileptic fit, but she said that epileptics don’t grab their friends and yell “The princess will wear my designs!” at them and burst into maniacal giggles.
I swear Twilight, if you ruin my date with Rarity, you WILL REGRET IT!
I know which books you love the most and I am a dragon!
Consider yourself warned.
Yours dearly
Spike*

A sheepish grin snuck on Twilight’s face. “Upsy...” she muttered.

“What is the matter?” Celestia asked curiously.

“Oh, Rarity... well... she fainted after realizing that you would see her dresses.” Twilight explained, earning a giggle from Celestia. “And Spike was pretty angry, since they have a date tonight.”

“Oh...” Celestia deadpanned.

“Is that bad?” the unicorn asked full of worry “Is there some dragon-pony law? Would it be pedofoalia? Shall we intervene?”

“No, Twilight.” Celestia answered quickly. “Nothing like that... it is just.” The princess let out a sigh “My little Spike is growing up. I am happy that he is having success in love.”

A giggle escaped the unicorn. She knew the feeling.

“And I...” Celestia added slowly “We have a bet that he would get a piece from the Star of Sierra Luna if he manages to get a date with Rarity...”

“You bet a piece of the crown jewels?”

“Heh... I didn’t expect him to grow this fast...” the sun princess answered sheepishly. “The star consists of 17 pieces. I doubt that anyone would miss one. And what good are they if they lie around gathering dust... why not make Spike happy?”

Twilight felt a pang of admiration. Motherly and generous...

“So... shall we start?” Celestia asked and unfolded her wings. Sometimes Twilight forgot the princess pristine white feathers. The alicorn almost never left the ground when around the unicorn, as if she didn't want to remind her student that she was in fact the best of pegasus, unicorn and earth pony combined into one.

“Make me shine!” the princess demanded, channeling the other element carrying unicorn and struck a pose. The lights went out and two spots shone on the alicorn.
Twilight giggled and started to browse the book.
That one looked nice!

The unicorn focused, wove the magic and cast:
For a moment, the princess was engulfed in a purple glow that seemed to shatter, revealing a high night blue collar with a golden brim that turned to purple sleeves and gold and teal shoes. Uncountable peacock feather cascaded over her back, hiding her whole tail and rear.

“Oh...” Celestia said with a grin as she admired herself in the mirror “I have to avoid peacock farms in this gown... the hens might fall in love with me.”

*THOSE FEATHERED HUSSIES!* Twilight thought while suppressing a blush and said “You look marvellous.”

“It is a bit much.” The princess admitted after turning a few times.

“It IS a Rarity design...” the unicorn admitted, but didn’t care. Celestia was trying on a dress! She felt energized and ready.

The sun princess smiled and said “The dress aside, this spell is amazing. The illusion even moves.”

“Oh, I had the idea to weave in a physical component.” Twilight explained “It took me a while, but this way, the fabric falls naturally and you can move around in your gown.”

“What a clever thing to do!” Celestia admitted, more interested in her students idea than the dress. “I missed your creativity in spell casting ever since you left.”

Twilight’s face turned crimson and the dress disappeared as her concentration faded. She just waved off the compliment, trying not to grin like an idiot.

“Can you try the one on page 14 next?” Celestia asked. “I really need one of those...”

Twilight obeyed.

A moment later, the princess was clad in golden armour, laced with purple gems and matching heavy shoes, seemingly made for trampling. Her heavy looking helmet had the same jags as her crown and extended over her neck. For a moment, the unicorn felt reminded of Nightmare Moon. The avatar of the sun looked at least as intimidating as her sister right now...

“Makes me want to find Queen Chrysalis and have a rematch!” Celestia laughed, lowered her head and stomped her hoof a few times. “I would give her a few new holes!”

“I would not want to be on the wrong end of that horn...” Twilight admitted with a nervous giggle.

Celestia smiled and playfully stretched out her tongue. “Then keep being the wonderful pony that you are.”

“Princess!” Twilight giggled “Stop complimenting me... I get so embarrassed that I can’t keep my spells up.”

“If you want scolding, just keep calling me princess.”

“Sorry...” Twilight answered with an apologetic grin.

Celestia admired herself one more moment, this time by rearing up with a dire scowl, just before she laughed merrily and the armour disappeared.

Yet again, Twilight felt her heart beat harder. If there was anything more beautiful than the princess, it was seeing the princess happy. For a moment, she got lost in a thought, seeing the alicorn naked on the stage: She wanted back in those arms. The stallions embrace earlier had reminded her how much she had enjoyed it last night. His hold was gentle, but unfamiliar. Not intrusive, but somewhat like you felt when you got caught in a thick cobweb or... how fitting: vines.
Celestia’s embrace on the other hand... even if Twilight would never return into her forelegs, this short moment would keep her warm in many cold nights to come.

“Twilight?”

“Of course!”

Another flicker of purple glow later, Celestia found herself speechless.

She was now wearing her regalia and crown, but her shoes were replaced with golden sandals that reminded her of the ones Rainbow Dash had been wearing. Two lines of golden fabric went below her wings, ornamented with purple gems, similar to her regalia’s. But the main attraction was the long, high riding pristine white silk that went over her back and ended in a round golden seam. It was ornamented with stylized wings and small suns that seemed to make the solar princess glow.
The princess looked at herself from several angles, deeply impressed by the design. It felt like an addition to her beloved regalia, making them even more festive and majestic.

“How marvellous!” the princess admired “And I could even wear it at official events!” After a few moments she turned to her student “What do you think, Twilight?”

She found her student staring with her mouth open.

“I understand that you like it?”

“You... you need to own this...” the unicorn managed to say in her stupor. *And I need a picture of her in this... for erm... science!*

“I have to admit, Rarity has really outdone herself...” the princess laughed “Oh, I feel 600 years younger!”

The last comment tore Twilight back into reality.

“Shall I write down the page?” the unicorn asked “For your order.”

“I haven’t really considered ordering...” Celestia admitted. “As much of a boost to her sales it might be... purchasing a dress from Rarity would lead to... politics.”

“I doubt that Rarity would accept your money.” Twilight stated matter of factly “And who could stop the Element of Generosity from doing her thing?” Her mind had jumped out of its stupor and was doing double time now! The princess NEEDED THIS DRESS!

“Oh, Twilight... You have a politician somewhere inside you...” the princess giggled.

“I hope we can remove him.” Twilight joked, earning a giggle from Celestia “I will make a note.” The unicorn stated. “Next dress?”

Sadly, Rarity is much more creative than the author of these lines, so the reader will have to imagine the beauty of the gowns, dresses and one bunny suit that were tried on this day.

During all the time, Twilight felt strangely energized. Even though she used a very complex and difficult spell, she hardly felt exhaustion. She wanted to see the princess try on more and more dresses and so she kept going. Even as the spell seemed to get more and more difficult to cast, the unicorn pushed herself further. The book’s pages slowly ran out and a quick peek out of the window revealed it to be late afternoon already. Somewhere in between, a maid had brought them tea and some snacks, but the break had been short: There were still dresses for Celestia to try on!

“Maybe we have tried enough?” Celestia suggested, now wearing a pretty, but bland golden dress with sunflower motives and a straw hat with a sunflower. She was profoundly enjoying herself, but her breathing clothes projector was looking very tired right now.

Twilight shook her head. ignoring how itchy her horn felt. As if it was filled with ants..

“Just one more!” she pleaded.

“Aren’t you at least a bit tired of seeing me strut around?” the princess probed gently. Over the course of the afternoon, she felt more and more flattered by Twilight’s enthusiasm. It was so delightfully honest and unbridled.

“No!” Twilight answered stubbornly “Just one more... please!”

“Fine, but this is the last one.” Celestia declared.

The unicorn nodded and looked through the pages. A realization hit her: She had run out! All designs that Rarity had deemed ready were done. The purple mare bit her lip... there was one that she REALLY wanted to see. But Rarity had made a cross beneath it and she could understand why.

Twilight shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

This dress could answer a question; she had ever since the third one! She needed to see this dress!

“Sorry, Rarity...” the unicorn mumbled and focused her magic.
Celestia found herself in black fabrics that closely snug to her barrel, cut like the dress that Pinkie Pie had worn in Appleloosa, just without the poofy sleeves. From her shoulders to her elbows, her forelegs were covered in black fishnet stockings.
This is where the similarities ended. The rear of the dress framed the princess’ hind legs and rear in a way that emphasized her curves. The cut was exactly so high that it showed three beams and just the brim of Celestia’s sun while the front of her hind legs were uncovered.

It was stylish but a bit sultry.

Slightly speechless she looked at herself in the mirror. This dress was risqué.

“It surely is beautiful... but I can’t imagine many opportunities to wear it...” Celestia admitted, a hint of a blush invading her features. She was used to being beautiful, having not aged for centuries and seeing that she was still the common beauty ideal got her to accept that, but she rarely felt... sexy.
Her cheeks reddened even more at the thought. She usually kept those feelings for her current suitor and only if their relationship had reached that very special stage.
Why did the thought of Twilight seeing her like this feel so... tempting?

Meanwhile, the unicorn was glad that she was still in the dark. Even though her cheeks were so hot, they were probably glowing. Seeing the princess like was giving her more than just Goosebumps. The warmth in her chest that had been almost uncomfortable at some points was slowly moving through her stomach and further backwards.

It had answered the last nagging question. A question that she had never really thought about: Was she even into other mares?
The fact that she was slowly getting all hot and bothered by looking at Celestia in an extremely sexy dress gave a simple answer: She was clearly into Celestia.

The dress disappeared and with a flicker of magic, the curtains rose to lighten the room.

The princess left the stage and began putting on her regalia.
“I have to admit, this was a lot more fun than expected.” She giggled and turned to Twilight. “Twilight, you are sweating... did you exhaust yourself that much with spellcasting?”

The unicorn was about to answer when suddenly a fit of vertigo hit her. Whatever had kept her energized and eager was gone and her body was making demands now. Barely, the tired magician managed to keep on her legs.

“Seems that way...” she answered meekly, shaking her head.

The princess closed in, worry in her features. “Do you need some rest?”

“That would be nice...” the unicorn answered.

“I’ll teleport you to your room then. We can meet for dinner again, if that is OK with you.” The sun princess offered.

Twilight nodded weakly. Some time for herself would do her good. After all: she had a confession to plot.


---

The author wants to apologize in for the dresses described in this chapter. They are probably not very good, since the author is no designer and not very well described, since the author has issues naming parts of dresses in his mother tongue, let alone in English.
Also: Certain readers have demanded that Autumn should be more of a Mary Sue. I followed their advice and put him in bed with Twilight. Then I added Celestia and a third mare. I'm not sure what went wrong...