• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 3,143 Views, 13 Comments

Six Years - VashTheStampede



It's been six years since Twilight Sparkle and Trixie first met. Where are they now?

  • ...
6
 13
 3,143

Chapter 1

Six years.

It had been six years since Trixie had rolled her wagon into the center of Ponyville’s main square. Six years since she had hit one of two of the lowest points in her life – which would unwittingly lead to the highest. Six years since she met Twilight Sparkle.

Trixie had always been a fairly powerful unicorn in her own right, much more so than her parents and most, if not all, of the fillies she had attended school with. She had been told all her life how great and powerful she was, and how amazing she was for her age. Her mother had been deeply saddened when Trixie had declared she was going to make her living as a magician – the older mare declaring it a waste of talent. Her father, however, had been much more supportive, encouraging her to use her talents and prowess to go out into the world and become the best magician she could be.

That she had done, successfully, for several years. Towns anticipated her visits with glee, the free shows spreading joy and laughter and wonder to all who saw them. Though she didn’t charge for her shows, as it would have been unfeasible to attempt to do so, given how flashy they were, she always had kept a donation jar near her wagon. Always, always was it filled with more than what she needed to get by. Trixie never needed to ask for anything, she just did what she took joy in and kind ponies rewarded her for it.

Then Trixie made her first mistake. She let it get to her head. The ponies praised her to the point where she genuinely believed herself to be superior to them. Six years ago, those beliefs carried her to a small town of Ponyville, where for the first time Trixie met a unicorn who completely outclassed her in every magical regard. Boasting and storytelling can increase one’s stage presence, yes, but one must be careful who they boast to – Trixie, unfortunately, told a tall tale to a pair of idiot children. Her fictitious statements combined with their stupidity had led to the destruction of her wagon and the near-destruction of Ponyville at the claws of an Ursa Minor.

Had it not been for Twilight Sparkle. Thinking quickly, and wielding magic on a power level and with precision orders of magnitude superior to Trixie’s own abilities, Twilight Sparkle had ushered the raging beast back into the forest from whence it came. In the process, the purple mare dealt a fatal blow to Trixie’s over-inflated ego, throwing her out of town with nothing left but her cape and hat. Lost and lonely in the woods, a confused and awed Trixie swore her revenge against the mare that upstaged her.

---

Five years.

Five years ago, Trixie had managed to acquire a job on a rock farm. It was difficult, seemingly nonsensical work, and she felt it far beneath her, but at the same time it carried with it a great sense of satisfaction. For once, Trixie was doing something tangible with her life. She was achieving something, working towards a goal, not just doing what came naturally to her. It was a greatly humbling experience on the whole, and, more importantly, it gave her time to think. Time to think, time to realize – while those children were mostly the reason for the accident, Trixie herself was at fault as well. She had, inadvertently, put the entire town in danger, and had paid for it.

It also gave her time to realize that Twilight Sparkle was a mare to look up to in wonder and thanks. The purple unicorn didn’t just use magic, she spoke with it, dialogued with it, reasoned with it. Never before, with the obvious exception of the princesses, had she seen a pony wield magic with such raw power, yet with such grace at the same time. The fact that Twilight was rather attractive as well only served to further confuse Trixie’s feelings. She wanted to hate her, this mare that had done nothing to aid her after her life had been ruined, and placed all the blame on Trixie for the incident with the Ursa Minor. Somehow, she simply couldn’t, and the feelings manifesting inside her were rather to the opposite effect.

Five years ago, Trixie decided to prove herself to Twilight Sparkle, as a unicorn who could be seen as an equal, or at the very least in the same league. Five years ago, Trixie had heard the legend of the Alicorn Amulet. She thanked the family that had taken her on as a rock farmer, admittedly startling them with her sudden and complete change in attitude, the normally resentful and snooty blue unicorn humbling herself completely to the earth pony couple. Despite this, they parted ways on good terms, and Trixie once again set off into the world of Equestria, by herself, with nothing but her cape and her hat.

---

Four years.

Four years ago, Trixie had finally tracked down the Alicorn Amulet.

Four years ago, she was ready to prove herself to Twilight Sparkle, to prove that she was a skilled unicorn as well.

Trixie knew of the powers the Alicorn Amulet granted, that was, after all, why she had gone after it in the first place. What she didn’t know of was how it corrupted and destroyed the wearer, slowly eating away at their soul the more they took advantage of the massive power increase it provided. When she first put it on, it felt good – she felt powerful, strong, magically charged, more so than she ever had felt before. However, she hadn’t noticed the difference in her behavior until it was too late. A new her had emerged, and Trixie could only watch herself from the inside as all of her worst qualities came to the surface. Her greed, her jealousy, and her desire to be superior to everyone and everything.

Once again, Twilight was the one to pull her back. Granted, she did use some rather cheap tricks to fool the dark Trixie into giving up the Alicorn Amulet, but it turned out that was just what needed to happen. The Amulet removed, her darker side began to lose its hold over Trixie, and gradually, Trixie was able to return to normal and accomplish what she had originally intended out of this second journey to Ponyville.

Trixie apologized and confessed her growing feelings towards the purple mare. She had realized several months prior that she did not in fact want to prove herself better than Twilight, but rather to prove herself worthy of Twilight. So here she sat, telling the purple mare she was in love with her.

To say the confession caught Twilight off-guard would have been an understatement. The mare had sputtered and blushed inanely, at a complete loss for words. When she had regained her composure, she explained to Trixie that she did not share her feelings, but understood her situation and would allow her to live in the library. As it turned out, Twilight had salvaged what she could from Trixie’s destroyed wagon two years prior, returning to the astonished performer several trinkets and personal items she thought lost forever, most specifically a photo of Trixie with her parents, from the last time she had seen them. Twilight had questioned the tears that fell when she returned the picture, but would not get an explanation from Trixie for several weeks. When she had, the ensuing hug and shared sorrow caught Trixie off guard, but she took comfort in the warmth of Twilight’s embrace.

---

Three and a half years.

Three and a half years ago, Twilight Sparkle Ascended. Trixie had, unfortunately, been travelling around Equestria at the time of the sudden ceremony, having acquired a new wagon and a desire to make right what she had done wrong to the small towns out west, and couldn’t attend. For once in her life, though, she felt genuinely proud of someone other than herself. The feeling of warmth and joy that swelled in her chest when she returned home to the library to see Twilight sporting a brand-new pair of wings was both wonderful and completely foreign. The urge to kiss the newborn Alicorn was almost overwhelming, and Trixie shifted her movement at the last moment and gone for a tight hug instead. The embrace lingered on slightly longer than Twilight had expected, but she made no objections.

That evening marked the first that they spent as true friends, not just housemates, and the first time Twilight thought that maybe something more than friendship could arise from their relationship.

---

Three years.

Three years ago, the couple went on their first date. Twilight had realized that, with time and exposure, Trixie really was capable of being a kind, gentle, caring pony, and had agreed to a date with the blue unicorn. It had been a romantic affair, but nothing too extravagant. Both mares had an exceedingly good time – Twilight far more than she had expected to. To her surprise, she started feeling a pleasant warmth in her chest just being around Trixie after that first date, and, after realizing what it was, many more dates had soon followed.

---

Eighteen months.

Eighteen months ago, three words changed their relationship completely. It hadn’t been planned; it wasn’t some spectacularly romantic evening at all. They had been snuggled together under a blanket, reading a book together – as Twilight loved reading aloud to Trixie – and it had just kind of slipped out. At first, Trixie hadn’t been sure how to respond. A kiss had reassured the rapidly deteriorating Twilight that nothing was out of line, and Trixie spoke four words that Twilight had been waiting to hear for far too long.

---

One month.

One month ago, Trixie had bought a ring. It was nothing fancy, a simple golden horn ring with a diamond on it. It suited Twilight perfectly in its beautiful, elegant simplicity. She had thought long and hard about this decision, and knew if Twilight asked her, she would say yes in a heartbeat. Now, though, she was certain of Twilight’s response if she asked her.

---

One week.

One week ago, Trixie made reservations for herself and Twilight at La Fleur, a Canterlot restaurant owned by Fancy Pants and his wife. Princess Celestia herself had assured Trixie that the best food and most romantic atmosphere in the city were available there. And honestly, knowing what Trixie did about Twilight, anything the Princess liked was sure to be on Twilight’s list of favorite things, shortly behind reading and Trixie herself.

---

An hour and a half.

An hour and a half ago, Trixie and Twilight had arrived at the La Fleur, the ivory columns adorning the front of the building flaunting the wealth of the owner and the luxuriousness of the establishment itself. Twilight’s dress caught in the setting sun, the red fabric complimenting the mare’s mane and eyes gorgeously, with Trixie’s similar blue costume doing the same to her. Taking her marefriend’s hoof in her own, Trixie had confidently strode in, to be guided to the table by the waiter. A candle already burned in the center, the dim lighting provided by it just enough to see each other’s faces across the table, but nothing more than the shapes of the other ponies in the restaurant.

---

Twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes ago, the two unicorns had finished their meal, and Trixie had ordered a bottle of wine for them to share. Twilight had tried to stop her from spending so many bits, but Trixie had insisted that this night be perfect.

---

One minute.

One minute ago, Trixie had moved herself from her seat, trotted over to Twilight, and bent down on one knee.

---

Thirty seconds.

Thirty seconds ago, Trixie asked Twilight to share her life with her.

---

Now.

Now, tears of joy fell as Twilight Sparkle said yes.

Author's Note:

Happy birthday Fyeten! If you like me, you'll love him - he's the reason my stories are any good at all. Go wish him a happy birthday!

Comments ( 11 )

Well, this was compact. In a good way, mind. :D Twixie's my favorite 'ship in the series. And you did it great here.

Interesting method of telling the story there. Hella better than the usual Twixie fare.
You know what I'd like to see just once though? Trixie taking Twilight as an apprentice. Not some Lunaverse crapfest either, I mean Twilight realizing that Trixie is better at illusion magic or something, and becoming her student. That's what I wanna see.

Anywho, without further ado, here's a song from me to you.

That was a cute story.

I do have a problem, though it is not about your story specifically. I would like anyone's opinion on this. You see, I have mixed feeling with the Twixie shipping. I like Twixie stories and feel like Twilight and Trixie complement each other perfectly. And yet, I can't fully embrace the shipping, like it doesn't feel right.

Am I just insane? Does anyone else feel this way? :unsuresweetie:

2290748
What I was trying to say there was that Twilight said "I love you" and Trixie said "I love you too."

2290231
Nah, you're not crazy, I feel the same way. I'm only just getting over my dislike of Trixie in general, and Twixie is... Twixie is kind of in the same boat for me as TwiJack. I don't really dislike the ship so much as I like other pairings better.

when i finished reading this i had some many feelings i just started spazzing out! awsome job!:pinkiehappy: also how do you upload a chapter to a story. i have a 1 parter story and i have it up just nto the chapter how do you get it up?

I love this fic, and I love you. Hope your friend had a good b-day! I'm sure this made his day, cause it made mine :pinkiehappy:!

This was written rather nicely. It's different than the average shipping fic. In a good way, of course.

I... I can't say anything. This is just perfect. It's short as hay, and still, it couldn't be any better.

youchew.net/wiki/images/f/fd/Slow-Clap.gif

Well there goes another one into my fav's file, I is a Twixie shipper...

SO MUCH YESS

Login or register to comment