• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 4,298 Views, 67 Comments

Dreaming of the Moon - BeardedRedMane



Anon, a practitioner of Lucid Dreaming one day finds himself in a peculiar dream. One that he cannot seem to wake up from.

  • ...
14
 67
 4,298

Mini-Chapter 9.5 Fear (Revised)

Excited, but dreadfully anxious, thrilled with happiness but saddened at the fear of doubt. These and many other emotions were coursing through her very being while her stomach felt as if there were a gigantic manticore within it; intent on fulfilling its’ life dream of becoming a gymnast. The blasted thing was flipping, twirling and bounding back and forth without a care of the damage it was doing. Her concept of time was also skewered which had only happened once before when she was on the moon. The flight from Canterlot to Ponyville usually took two hours; four hours by train. This one took three seconds.

The ground that had been racing past her nanoseconds ago now slowly crawled as the carriage was about to touch down. Suddenly she was loosing her nerve, in a few seconds she would either be reunited with an old—what? Oh no… We’re… friends right? He still thinks that I’m his friend right? Wait—don’t get ahead of yourself, this could all very well be a case of mistaken identity and this being is just somepony who happens to share the same name.

The carriage still hadn’t touched ground, which meant that her concept of time had decided to torture her with anticipation, unable to stand it her eyes quickly darted around her. There were a number of ponies who were on looking the event, apparently her sister was going to make a dazzling spectacle of this and bestow some kind of metal of honor to him. She caught view of her sisters’ most prized student and her friends. The same ones that had returned her sanity back to her after that incident when she tried to kill everything by making it eternally night. Not purposely… it just wasn’t one of her best ideas. Still, I don’t see him, maybe it was just a dream…

Then it happened, as the carriage finally met ground her eyes locked on a figure that was sitting casually on the edge of a fountain. On two long legs it stood up and locked its’ gaze in her direction. A nanosecond later she phased out of reality and reappeared a few dozen meters behind Anon masking her form, presence and being.

…..
…….
………..
………….

Luna’s mind for a lack of a more elegant term simply farted.
Wait, what have we done?!

Much to her dismay no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t move a single muscle, somewhere in the still rational part of her mind she realized that she would have to apologize to her sister for her abrupt disappearance and make it up to her. The rest of her mind was confused on why she had chosen to disappear while her body seemed intent on backing up her brains decision. Unable to move she just locked her eyes on his unmoving form.

Her regal sister stepped forward toward Anon and in that moment Luna felt terror. Barely breaking her gaze from Anon she registered that her hooves had begun to quiver lightly. Celestia took another step toward Anon and her already baseless fear tripled. So unnerving was it that it brought her rational mind back. As powerful as her sister was she had never once felt fear of her because deep down some part of her knew even in that evil state of mind she was in that Celestia would never harm her.

As Celestia made another step toward Anon Luna began to hear voices, tiny wordless screams of pain, anger and something else… Anon still had not moved but as she focused her attention to him she discovered him to be the source of her terror. Though Anon was standing he was hardly conscious and if she had to say it felt as if he had just up and fallen asleep and was having the most terrifying nightmare of his life. This nightmare that he seemed to be having was so strong she could sense it, normally she would have to actively search for a pony who was in a nightmare while in the dream world. Anon fell to his back with an arm raised, the fear Luna felt became unbearable and the voices began to have words.

It’s hot

No.. stay back
I’m scared!

GIVE HER BACK

It burns
Don’t touch me

NEVER, I WILL NEVER STOP---

Someone help, I’m scared!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In that instant Luna’s horn filled the square with light taking with it Anon. Deep within the Everfree Forest Luna felt the voices fade and the fear dull. Looking down at Anon she could tell he was still trapped within his nightmare. Closing her eye’s she breathed deeply and plunged into his dream.

Author's Note:

3/14/2014
Reformatted.