• Published 22nd Mar 2013
  • 8,035 Views, 529 Comments

Labyrinth of Madness - Speven Dillberg

  • ...
19
 529
 8,035

Into the Fire

Into the Fire

Ethan let out a yawn as he pushed the quilt off of himself and rolled over to the side of the bed while he rubbed his eyes. He reached down beside the bed and began to get dressed. Once he felt the comfortingly heavy weight of his duster settle around his shoulders he walked over to the door. He pushed the door open and found Scarlet sitting at the table reading a book.

“Morning, Ethan,” she said not taking her eyes away from the book.

“Morning Scar,” Ethan replied with a smile as his eyes scanned the buffet table. To his delight it seemed that Van had supplied him with everything that he needed to make breakfast. Several bunsen burners with stands for the several frying pans to sit upon so they could be used to cook.

Scarlet glanced up from her book with a skeptically raised eyebrow as Ethan reached into his duster and pulled out two items. One was a retractable metal spatula, and the other was an apron with a Vault Boy icon on it flipping pancakes.

“Really?” she asked him.

Ethan just shot her a grin and turned on one of the bunsen burners, the blue flame bursting into life. Then he moved one of the frying pans onto it before grabbing a large bowl. He emptied out the assorted fruits onto the table and scooped them onto a nearby plate.

Then he began to cook. His arms moved in a flurry of movement and soon he had three omelets baking at the same time. Working on automatic he switched between the three, adding a pinch or two of spice here and there along with a little salt.

The omelets were huge, just barely fitting on the plates as he maneuvered the first batch out of the pans. Using the spatula he chopped off a piece of one and smiled.

“Hmm... these taste perfect,” he said with a nod to himself and a grin.

“Put some gecko meat in mine,” Scarlet told him before going back to where she left off in her book.

“Sure, these were just the trial batch anyways,” the man replied. There was a sudden flash of purple light and Twilight appeared next to Ethan, a wide grin on her face.

“YOU MADE THEM!” she said excitedly.

“Yep, now calm your nubby tits, Sparky,” Ethan said with a chuckle. “You want hay and bacon in yours’, right?”

“Yes!” Twilight nodded emphatically.

Before anything else could be said Luna and Thomas stepped out of the room they’d shared. Luna was wearing a very satisfied smile, while Thomas seemed to have a little trouble walking in a straight line, his eyes glazed over.

Ethan gave them a raised eyebrow before nonchalantly turning back to his cooking. “Morning Captain, Lulu.”

Twilight wrinkled her nose. “You two smell... Wow. How many Luna?”

“I lost count,” she replied, her smile never wavering.

“That’s great!” She said, grinning widely. “Is he okay?” Twilight added, looking at Thomas and his glazed over expression and crooked walking with a slight touch of worry on her face.

Thomas just began humming happily in response. “He’ll be fine,” Luna said.

“What would you two sex fiends like in your omelets?” Ethan asked, turning to look at them.

“Just cheese, thank you.” Luna took a seat, Thomas clumsily doing the same.

“And for you Captain?” Ethan added. When Thomas didn’t respond, rolling his eyes Ethan leaned over and slapped Thomas across the face. “Oi, Captain, snap out of it!”

“Huh? Whuh?” Thomas rubbed his face. “Why’d you hit me?” he asked dangerously.

“Because you were so blissed out that I could’ve sworn that you were high on Super Jet,” Ethan said flatly.

Thomas blinked. “Really?” he asked, looking at the others.

“Yep,” Twilight said with a nod.

“Yeah, I’ve seen Fiends more aware of their surroundings,” Scarlet said with a slight roll of her eyes.

“Perhaps I shouldn’t have used that trick I learned from the griffons,” Luna mused.

“That would explain it...” Twilight said trailing off for a moment. “I know that Dash always looks like that after a night with Gilda.”

“Do I want to know what you two are talking about?” Ethan asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Even if we told you, there wouldn’t be any point. It’s impossible for someone without wings to perform,” Luna explained.

“Aww, that’s too bad, I wanted to try it” Ethan grumbled. “Anyways, what would you like in your omelet, Captain?”

“Got any brahmin?” he asked.

“So that’s one gecko meat, one bacon and hay, cheese, one brahmin meat, and a bacon and ham omelet coming right up,” Ethan replied with a grin as he began to cook. It didn’t take long before he had finished the first three, passing the plate sized omelets to Scarlet, Twilight, and Luna respectively. “Tell me what you think,” he added.

Scarlet placed a scarlet cord on the page she was currently reading, and set the book down. She then picked up a fork and knife, cutting a piece of the omelet off. Stabbing it with the fork, she lifted it up, studied it, and placed in her mouth. The flavor was....good, if a little too spicy for her taste. Still, she chewed and swallowed what she had and continued on eating.

Ethan gave a satisfied nod once he saw that she’d liked it before turning to watch Twilight eat.

Twilight had wasted no time, her fork moving quickly as she rapidly began to eat the eggs, an almost orgasmic look on her face and a low moan working its way up from within her throat. Ethan just smiled and chuckled at her display, well used to the display.

“I guess that means you like them,” the man said with a chuckle before he turned to Luna. “What about you, Lulu?”

“This is the best omelet I have ever had,” the princess said around her mouthful.

“Haven’t had a deathclaw egg omelet in ages,” Thomas commented.

“Allow me to remedy that,” Ethan replied with a chuckle as he passed Thomas his plate.

The black man raised his fork, ready to eat, but paused. “Where the hell did you get that apron?” he asked, one of his eyebrows rising in confusion.

“I found it at Vault Tec Headquarters a long time ago,” Ethan answered with a grin. “Along with a book of sheet music,” then he looked at Thomas expectantly. “So, go on, take a bite and let me know if it compares to the last one you had.”

Thomas chewed thoughtfully. “The meat’s dry,” he commented.

“...” Ethan didn’t say anything but his lips moved up and down without sound. “You know, you’re the first person to ever actually criticize my omelets,” he said with a disappointed sigh.

Thomas chuckled. “Man, you’re gullible,” he said before shovelling his breakfast into his mouth. Twilight began to giggle Scarlet snorted in amusement and Luna chuckled. Ethan just stared at him in open-mouthed shock.

“Bu-hu-wha- whatever, I’m glad you like it,” Ethan said flabbergastedly after a few seconds of shock.

“I hope I haven’t missed breakfast,” Celestia said as she walked into the room.

“Not at all Sunny, just tell me what you’d like in your omelet,” Ethan replied.

“Tomatoes, please,” Celestia replied.

“One tomato and cheese omelette coming right up,” the man told her with a grin.

Celestia’s nose twitched rapidly. “That’s odd. I smell musk...” she trailed off as she turned to look at Luna and her nose twitched again. “Well... someone certainly enjoyed herself last night.”

Luna’s smile vanished, replaced with burning cheeks. “So?” she asked evasively.

“Nothing, it isn’t my business. The smell just caught me by surprise is all,” Celestia replied, smiling kindly. “I’m happy that you’ve found someone special to you, sister.”

Luna’s smile returned, though her face remained red. “Thank you. I hope my sister finds it in her to let go of her anger and be happy for me as well.”

“I imagine she will, if she’s anything like me then she just wants to see you happy and safe,” Celestia replied.

Thomas frowned. “She can hold a grudge,” he muttered.

“What did you do in the first place?” Twilight asked, having finished her omelette.

“Kinda started a war,” he replied. “I tried to make things right, though.”

“That you did, Thomas,” Luna added softly.

“How did you start this war?” Celestia asked arching an eyebrow.

“He went out of his way to rescue three fillies from slavery.”

“Yeah,” Thomas replied, nodding at Luna. “What the Legion did was still fresh, so... I kinda fell back on instinct.”

“I see... well she could hardly fault you for rescuing innocent fillies could she?” Celestia asked.

“No. She resents him because more than three hundred were lost in the war,” Luna answered sadly.

“Three hundred? War? Lulu, even in my Equestria that’s a large skirmish at best,” Ethan said in surprise.

“Out last war was just before I fell,” Luna explained. “Somehow Celestia managed to ensure that only a scarce few were lost to Nightmare Moon. We are not a militaristic race, and my sister has done everything she can to ensure we stay that way. What Thomas did is...”

“I basically undid a thousand years of hard work,” Thomas finished.

“Yes, that would do it,” Twilight said with a small nod. “Immortals take offense when someone fucks up a thousand years of progress. Of course in this case I’d say that it was more than warranted.”

“Our military is solely for defense, but some ponies want to expand even further. Some even demanded that we take swaths of the Diamond Dogs’ territory as compensation for the towns they attacked,” Luna explained. “It’s been nothing but a headache to deal with.”

“You could just explain the fact that if Equestria attacks the Diamond Dogs then it’ll start a long drawn-out guerrilla war. You don’t attack an enemy that can dig through pretty much anything aside from bedrock,” Ethan suggested.

“When Dom started dropping Nuka-Grenades down their burrows, they stopped digging pretty fast,” Thomas commented. “Seriously, though, who the fuck makes an explosive using cola?”

Ethan stared at him in astonishment. “She actually wasted Quantum on something like that? What the hell is wrong with her?”

“Pinkie managed to grab hold of a bottle of that stuff. Then she projectile-vomited all over Rarity. My ears are still ringing,” Thomas muttered.

“I wish I could’ve seen that, it’s always nice to see Rarity’s reaction to things messing up her coat,” Ethan said with a small smirk. Twilight shot him a disapproving glare but didn’t say anything. “Anyways I’m surprised that the ponies actually want more fighting. I mean sure Sparky here is a blood knight, but besides her I don’t know many who enjoy war.”

“Some have gotten it into their heads that the best way to avoid war is to eliminate every possible opponent,” Luna replied angrily. “A week in the dungeons usually clears their heads. Failing that, we actually put them through basic training. They want nothing to do with fighting after that.”

“You could just save a lot of time and put them through an illusionary battle, and have them die at the end,” Twilight suggested.

“No. The one mare truly capable of that is still undergoing therapy for what happened in her first real battle.”

“Pour a bucket of brahmin blood on them,” Ethan said with a shrug.

Luna began to choke. “No!” she managed to splutter out.

“Betcha it would work, especially for the one or two who actually make it through basic training. Trust me, there’s no better way to remove someone’s enthusiasm for war than with a nice bloodbath,” Ethan replied, smirking.

“The ones that still want to fight after basic are sent north to monitor the frozen wastes, to watch for the return of the Crystal Empire. I doubt it will reappear any time soon,” she muttered sadly.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “Um Luna... about that... how many years has your Twilight been living in Ponyville?” Twilight asked slowly.

“It has been three years since the Nightmare was forced from me,” she answered.

“Well then, prepare to get very sparkly very soon. Oh and make sure that you’re there to actually KILL Sombra once your ‘me’ defeats him!” Twilight snarled, unrestrained hatred and bloodlust the likes of which the group had never heard before in her voice. “And when I say KILL I mean destroy his soul down to its basic elements and trap each of those in a different exploding supernova and stick those inside of separate black-holes so that that bastard can’t ever come back!”

Silence descended on the group for several seconds, all but Ethan staring at Twilight. Luna was the first to speak.

“He was a tyrant, but I can’t imagine what he did to deserve that.”

“He possessed my nephew’s body. Changed its shape, raped his mind, and tried to destroy Equestria!” Twilight stated angrily.

“Luna, rip him a new one,” Thomas muttered angrily.

“A new what?”

“An asshole,” he explained. “Hell, rip him two.”

“Or five,” Ethan added.

“Or you could just rip him apart entirely!” Twilight exclaimed darkly. “After your me defeats him in the first place of course, otherwise she won’t learn about self sacrifice,” she added. A small silence descended on the room again and Rainbow Dash walked in.

“What’s up?” She asked with a placid look.

“We’re discussing Twilight’s murder boner for Sombra,” Ethan said, summing up the conversation. “So, you hungry?”

“Ah...” Dash looked over the omelets and nodded. “Yeah, sure. Just a plain one is fine.”

“On it,” Ethan said before he started to prepare another omelet. “You want cheese right?”

“Nope. Nothing,” Dash took a seat at the table, awaiting her omelet. The man nodded and got to work.

Twilight meanwhile had composed herself. “Sorry,” she said in a quiet voice. “Thinking about Sombra... does things to me,” she shook her head, as if trying to shake off a net of dark thoughts.

“No worries from me. Didn’t hear much of it, anyways,” Dash said, stretching out her wings.

“Thanks, Dash,” Twilight said simply, giving the pegasus a smile. “So, did you sleep well?”

“... Not really. Kept thinking about Aeron,” she sighed, placing her hooves on the table.

“Meh, he’s another me, he’ll do fine out there,” Ethan told her.

“He’s nothing like you. He can’t take a knife to the gut and live!” Dash exclaimed to Ethan.

“Not exactly what I meant. I meant that he’s a Lone Wanderer, he’ll be fine,” Ethan assured her.

“Mrm...” She showed feigned excitement for Ethan’s ‘encouraging’ words. “Other than Aeron, I was also thinking of Twilight.”

“Oh, right, Ueirn mentioned that you got a letter from her,” Twilight said. “Anything interesting?”

“She was angry how I worded my letter and not detailing it with enough stuff... Other than that, she’s arranging for me to meet her parents and tell them we’re together,” Dash chuckled softly.

“That should be fun,” Twilight said with a nod. “I’m sure they’ll like you.”

“Hopefully. I mean, sure, I’ve met them at Shining Armour’s wedding... But...” Dash sighed. “I’m not sure how they’ll react to me and Twilight.”

“Well, look at it this way, you’re the Element of Loyalty, somepony who has saved Equestria from danger countless times, if they can’t accept the fact that their daughter loves you then their opinions shouldn’t matter,” Twilight said with a shrug.

“It’s not only them, but, I think Twilight said Shining Armor is a homophobe,” the pegasus stated.

“Cadence will handle him I’m sure,” Twilight said with a small smirk.

“Heh, hopefully. I’ll know when I’m home. Whenever that is,” Dash smiled softly.

“Hopefully soon little pony,” Van replied while appearing in the same clothes as before at the head chair of the table. “If you guys keep working together like you have been, you’ll be able to reach the end of Kata’s maze.

“We’re a gun short,” Thomas commented. “We barely survived the last thing.”

“Well that’s because you didn’t try to fight it. You all just ran. Scarlet was the only one ‘brave’ enough to try,” the well dressed teenager pointed.

“Right, and she did so much damage to it didn’t she?” Ethan asked sarcastically.

“Hey, if I had Celestia’s spear I would’ve done more damage to it.” Scarlet shot back.

“Doesn’t matter now.” Van interjected. “Kata is not allowed to use the same challenge or creatures twice.”

“Thank heavens,” Luna muttered. “I do not want to go through that again.”

“But what about a challenge we can’t do?” Scarlet asked.

“Zero. Every challenge must have a way out that is accessible to the challengers’ abilities. Else the Labyrinth won’t construct it,” Van replied. “Kata can make it seem impossible for you to finish, but it’s not. It’s just very difficult. After all, the Labyrinth was made to test people’s abilities to their limit and beyond.”

“So, how’d you lose it in the first place?” Ethan inquired. “I mean I remember you mentioning something about her killing your parents, but you didn’t really go into any specifics.”

A somber look creeped on the teenager’s face. “Well… let’s just say when my parents felt it was time to step down and let their offspring to become the next overseers of the Labyrinth, Kata decided she wanted to rule it solo.” He clutched the end of the chair’s arm. “It was so… sudden. I didn’t even know she was planning to kill everyone. One moment we were going through the passing ritual, the next thing I know I have a dagger in my guts.”

“What a fucking cunt,” Twilight said with a frown.

Van let out an agreeing grunt. “Among other things,” he added. “To sum the rest up, I blacked out, woke up here, and started to plan of my revenge and for my reclamation of the Labyrinth. Which you all are now a part of.”

“And that plan is?” Celestia asked.

“Simple, make it to the end of the maze,” the teenager replied with a grin.

“Oh you’re right, it is so simple,” Scarlet replied with a roll of her eyes. “Why haven't we thought of that?” she asked sarcastically.

“Cause we’re idiots, apparently,” Ethan commented with a roll of his eyes.

“All right, maybe I phrased that wrong,” Van said with a suppressed sigh. “You guys just have to do is reach the end of Kata’s maze. Sure it won’t be easy, might be like fighting through Hell and back. But you guys been through worse, right?”

“I’ve been to Tartarus, this is worse,” Twilight muttered.

“Still, all you have to do is reach the end. I will handle the rest myself,” Van assured them.

“And why is it so important we reach the end of this maze? Kata said we would just be sent back to our world,” Dash asked.

Van let out a small amused scoffed. “And you believed her? Yes, back then under my parents rule you would’ve been sent back, but now? She will just kill you on the spot. No one has ever left the Labyrinth alive ever since she took over; only by death has anyone ever escaped, or through the void.”

“And what makes you think that you can beat her?” Thomas asked, narrowing his eyes.

“Because I have a trump card,” the teenager replied with a grin.

“So, by trump card do you mean some kind of trick, or something more interesting like say, an Apocalypse Lord that wants to kill her?” Twilight asked as she eyed him.

“No, an actual card.” With a flick of his wrist, a single sliver-white card with a symbol of an eight pointed star, the symbol of chaos, appeared in Van’s hand.

Ethan’s head hit the table. “Damn all puns to hell,” he groaned. “Please tell me that you’re not going to trap her in that, that would be really unoriginal.”

“No, that would be too merciful, even for her.” Van replied. “You’ll see what this card will do if you reach the end of the maze. But I can’t talk about it. Part of my deal in order to use this card.”

“I thought only wizards were allowed to be so vague and annoying,” Dawn muttered allowed.

“Yes, but when you make a deal with Lady Luck, you better keep to it to yourself, else it loses it value,” Van said as he flicked his wrist again, causing the card to vanish.

“Wait... you know Lucy?” Ethan asked the man with a raised eyebrow of surprise.

“Who doesn’t?” Van replied.

“Strange that she hasn’t mentioned you, and we try to play poker every month or so,” Ethan mused with a shake of his head. “I can never win... Cassie comes close...”

“So have so many others, but what did you expect?” Van asked with a small chuckle.

Ethan shrugged. “Eh, I just like playing,” the man said. “The sex afterwards is always fun too.”

“Anyways... you still haven't answered the question on why it’s important for us to make it to the end of this maze.” Scarlet asked with some annoyance in her voice.

“Oh right, because that’s the only way we can draw Kata out from hiding,” Van said. “You see, right now she is in what you might call the ‘observation’ room. She’s untouchable there and near-omnipotent too. From there she watches and controls what goes on inside the Labyrinth, but it’s also her weakness. You see, father’s rules states that whoever is in the observation room must congratulate the victors who’ve managed to get through the maze, in person.”

“Which is when you come in and stab the cunt in the heart with a playing card,” Ethan said dryly.

“No,” Van replied with deadpan face. “The card will just help me fight her on an even playing field. I will stab my young sister with this.” He held out his left hand as an exotic golden black dagger appeared in his hand out of a bright flash of light. “This is the same dagger my, dear, dear sister tried to kill me with. I would like to return the favor.”

“With that gaudy piece of ceremonial steel? I’m surprised that it even holds an edge, let alone gives you the power to kill someone as powerful as your sister appears to be,” Luna said with a slight huff.

“Don’t judge magical weapons by appearance alone Luna,” the teenager replied with a smirk. “Especially a weapon forged by the Zarians. If used right, the user can kill almost anything in a single blow. Beside, like Ethan said, I just have to stab it through her heart.” The dagger disappeared in his hand in another flash of light. “Also, that’s not my only weapon,” he added while letting his left arm rest back on arm of the chair.

“So, we’re being sent through a deadly maze, full of even deadlier creatures, run by a sadistic, backstabbing cunt, all so that we can get to the end of the maze and meet said cunt face to face, right?” Twilight asked Van.

“Pretty much,” Van said.

“Well then, it’s a good thing that I ate a good breakfast first,” Twilight declared, before burping and getting up from her chair to stretch.

“Yes,” Celestia replied. “Still, what’s going to prevent Kata from killing us outright the moment we step out of this room?”

“She can’t. Only the challenges of the Labyrinth can kill you. Though she can cripple you, to the best of her abilities, but that puts her at risk. So hopefully she won’t, though I won’t put it past her.”

Twilight pointed at her head and as she sat back down in her chair. “Yes, I have experience with that,” she said dryly.

“Speaking of which, how can Kata use void magic? No mortal should without having a voidling bonded with them, but the void essence I absorbed wasn’t from one. It didn’t have any sort of memories.”

Van tilted his head in confused. “I… don’t know. That’s actually news to me.” He placed a hand under his chin. “Though it would explain why her illusions are so devastating to the souls of the people she used them on.”

“That’s a good way of putting it,” Twilight said with a shake of her head.

“At least we’re safe here,” Thomas commented absently. He froze as what he just said processed. “Ah crap.”

“Thomas, the only thing stopping me from breaking your nose is the fact that you rutted me senseless last night,” Luna growled.

The room suddenly began to shake violently, as if it was being held by a psychopathic ten year old. Things fells off the table, chairs were overturned, and the people inside fell to the floor.

“No need to worry, she can’t get to us in here!” Van shouted over the noise.

“You sure about that?” Ethan shouted back as he tried to struggle back to his feet.

“Perfectly!” Van replied.

As if to spite the labyrinth’s true owner, cracks began to appear in the far wall.

“Ignore that, she can’t really get in, she’s just making the illusion that the wall is breaking!” Van reassured them.

“Why do I feel that you are simply saying things!?” Luna yelled, her legs spread far apart and wings unfurled for balance.

“I think if she could get into here then she would’ve already,” Ethan shouted. “Also that’s a nice look for you Lulu.” Then he let out a startled yelp of pain as the bunsen burner that he’d been cooking with fell on his foot. “HOT HOT HOT!” he exclaimed, falling onto his back.

Luna couldn’t help but smirk as she cast her eyes around the room for her flail. Seeing it, she pulled it to her. “You may be new, but I will not lose you,” she muttered. “Especially not in such a forsaken place.”

“Luna, stop talking to yourself,” Thomas said loudly to make himself heard.

Without warning the shaking stopped.

“Well, at least the shaking has stopped,” Celestia said.

“What did I tell you?” Van asked loudly. “Nothing to worry about!” Then the room flipped upside down.

Everyone in the room, with the exception of Van fell onto the ceiling, followed by everything else in the room. Before they landed, though, Van snapped his fingers and the ceiling became a padded wall.

“Not to worry, you’re all going to be fine,” Van told them.

“I am starting it believe that less and less!” Thomas shouted as he rolled onto stomach. “Oh my back.”

“So am I-” Ethan began but was cut off when a scalding-hot pan hit him in the face. “FFUUUCCK!” he shouted in pain.

“Are you okay, Ethan?” Twilight asked, flying over to him.

“I just got hit in the face by a hot frying pan, what do you think?” Ethan snapped.

“Fine, excuse me for caring,” Twilight harrumphed. “Besides, we both know that you’ll be fine in a few minutes anyways.”

The man shrugged just before gravity returned and they fell back towards the floor. Again, Van provided a soft landing.

“See, everything’s fine,” Van said with a shrug. “My baby sister is just throwing one of her temper tantrums.”

“Some tantrum,” Scarlet muttered as she pushed herself straight.

“Well, she was always a spoiled brat,” Van said with an annoyed grunt. “But I assure you, that’s the most she can do while you’re in this room.”

“That’s reassuring,” Scarlet said with a roll of her eyes.

“That cunt ruined my omelets!” Ethan said angrily.

“That’s not the only thing she ruined,” Scarlet said as she made her way to her rifle. Picking it up, a cracked and bent scope could be seen. “The gun itself should still fire, but now I’m shooting with less than half of the accuracy.”

“That’s what you get for carrying one of those around,” Thomas replied. He had unslung his brush gun and was trying to force the sight back into alignment.

Scarlet just gave the black man a quick glare, but didn’t say anything as she worked to take the damaged scope off her rifle.

“Not sure if this is a good suggestion, and it probably isn’t, but would you like to use the scope from my magnum?” Ethan asked her as he got to his feet, rubbing his red face gently.

“Those scopes can’t fit on my rifle’s body, it’s way too small,” Scarlet stated.

“Ah well, I tried,” Ethan said, shrugging.

“Somehow, I get the feeling the longer we stay here the more she’ll throw at us,” Thomas grumbled.

“Yeah, she seems like the type,” Twilight said with a nod.

“Then you all should better get going,” Van said as he got up from his chair. With a snap of his fingers a door appeared. “Remember, keep working together and you should make it to the end of the maze.”

“Well then, let’s get going,” Ethan said with a nod towards the exit. “Thanks for hosting us, Van.”

“Thanks for still working together,” Van replied with a grin. “Normally, teams this big don’t last very long in Kata’s maze. Most of the time when a group gets this far they’re all at each others throats.”

“We were at that point, but we got over it,” Ethan said. “For the most part anyways. So, Captain, want to lead the way?”

“Yeah. The sooner we get outta this place the sooner we can go home.”

As one the group got up, with Thomas in the lead, and left the room.

Author's Note:

Ed: Ethan takes great pride in his ommolettes
Speven: And I don't know what the thing Luna learnt from the griffons is. Apart from somehow needing wings to perform.