• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 6,866 Views, 797 Comments

Apple Scratch : Onward to the Equestria Games! - Mariacheat-Brony



(Humanized) Ponyville has been chosen to host the most important sporting events in the Country. It's up to the two sisters of the Apple family and their friends to represent their town in the games.

  • ...
20
 797
 6,866

Javelin and Sword

Vinyl and Octavia came down to the lobby after having eaten a rather copious and delicious breakfast and a quick shower. Although Octavia complained a bit about the fact her pancakes were a bit dry, the bottle of sirup had been almost emptied during their first breakfast. Vinyl was quite surprised to see Applejack leaning on the hotel's restaurant's doorframe, a small travel bag in tow. When she spotted her sister approaching, she tossed the bag at her.

"Ah brought ya some clothes!" Applejack explained.

"Thanks, AJ!" Vinyl said as she grabbed the bag midair. "How did you know I was here?"

"Where in tarnation could ya have been, if not here?" Applejack asked, lifting a questioning eyebrow.

"Fair enough!" Vinyl shrugged.

"Why aren't you inside with the others, Applejack?" Octavia asked with curiosity.

"Ah didn't want to disturb their conversations!" Applejack explained. She noticed the small band-aid on Octavia's cheek. She was about to ask her about it, but she saw Vinyl shaking her head grimly." ....And, say, what's the deal with that green haired kid? He kept glarin' at me since he saw me arrivin'."

"Oh! That's Spike, Twilight's assistant!" Octavia said slowly. "He has a massive ......."

"FOREVEEEERRRR!" The voice of Pinkie Pie slowly said around them, causing the three women to look around until they spotted Pinkie Pie sitting at the table with the others, happily munching a cupcake.

" ...a massive crush on Rarity!" Octavia ended in a whisper. "That's probably why he doesn't seem to like you."

"But, ain't he like twelve year old, or somethin'?" Applejack asked, as she spotted Spike next to Pinkie. "He should have realized that it ain't gonna work for him."

"Thirteen actually." Octavia said slowly. "Don't worry too much about him, it's just a boyhood crush. It'll pass."

"If ya say so!" Applejack shrugged.

"Anyway, I'll go and say hello to the others!" Octavia said. "I'll tell Rarity you're here!" She added with a wink.

"Thanks." Applejack said with a small blush as Octavia walked inside the hotel's restaurant. "What happened to her cheek?" She asked with concern when Octavia was out of earshot.

"To make it simple, let's just say that my visit at her parents' house could have gone a lot better." Vinyl said grimly with a sigh.

"What happened back then?" Applejack asked.

"I won't go into further details now, AJ. If you don't mind," Vinyl said slowly. "Beside, watch your left!" She added with a small chuckle.

"What?" Applejack asked in confusion before being almost tackled by Rarity who hungrily kissed her. Applejack returned the kiss immediately, completely forgetting that she was talking to Vinyl.

"Don't mind me, it's not like I was there talking to you, AJ." Vinyl chuckled playfully.

"Ya said somethin'?" Applejack asked genuinely, breaking the kiss, much to her and Rarity's displeasure.

"Nah! Enjoy your moment!" Vinyl waved off. "I'll go and say goodbye to Octavia before we hit the road to the Coliseum." She said before going inside the restaurant.

"Suit yarself." Applejack nodded before turning toward Rarity. "Now, ya were sayin' Sugarcube?" She purred as Rarity kissed her again.


"Welcome everyone to the second day of the Equestria Games! It's Pinkie Pie, your eye in the sky." Pinkie said in her megaphone from her flying contraption. "On this fine morning of September, we're going to start our schedule by the Javelin Throw!" She added happily.

"Hey, Rarity!" Octavia said as she noticed something in her binoculars. She had invested in a pair so that she wouldn't have to borrow Rarity's all the time. "Looks like Applejack's getting ready."

"Thank you for letting me know, Dear." Rarity said with a smile before pulling out her own binoculars.

"I hope she'll do well." Fluttershy said slowly. "Some of the other competitors look scary. I mean, look at the one from Las Pegasus." She added with a pinch.

"You mean the tall one that keeps on doing poses every two steps?" Twilight asked, noticing who Fluttershy was talking about.

"That's not important!" Luna interjected. "Why wasn't the swordsmanship competition scheduled in the morning?" She asked with an angry pout.

"Lulu, don't be so impatient." Celestia chuckled. "It'll start soon enough."

"You're also waiting for that trial, Princess Luna?" Twilight asked with curiosity, earning shocked glances from everyone in the box. "What?"

"I've always thought you didn't like that sort of competitions, Twilight." Cadence said softly.

"It's still the case, but C...Shining is participating in this, right?" Twilight explained, catching herself quickly just before selling herself out.

"I don't think so my dear student." Celestia who, at Twilight's relief, didn't notice her faux-pas said casually. "From what I know, it's Pokey Pierce that competes in this trial on behalf of Canterlot."

"Wasn't he the gold medallist in the previous games?" Cadence asked softly.

"Yes, indeed!" Luna confirmed. "A sad mark in the history of swordsmanship, I might say." She added grimly.

"Lulu, don't be like that!" Celestia frowned.

"Why do you say that, your Highness?" Fluttershy asked to Luna with curiosity.

"Luna simply doesn't like Mr Pierce much." Celestia explained softly. "Anyway, let's just enjoy the trial!"


"YEAAAAAH!" Snowflake shouted as he made his last step before throwing his javelin on the field.

His javelin flew high in the sky before sticking itself firmly in the ground. An official ran next to the javelin to take a precise measure of the distance it had crossed. After taking measure, he pulled the javelin out of the ground and placed a small flag of Cloudsdale in its place. As soon as he communicated the precise distance, the magic powered screen lit up with the following chart.

1st 2nd 3rd Rank
Cloudsdale 87.76 1
Zebrica 86.03 2
Manehatten 85.89 3

Cloudsdale's fans and team were ecstatic at their athlete's performance while the next competitor, the giant from Las Pegasus, picked his javelin up and walked next to Snowflake.

"That was very impressive!" He said with an approving nod. "But Iron Will will show you what a real throw is." He nearly shouted, flexing his arms to show his muscles. Snowflake simply rolled his eyes and snorted at the comment.

Iron WIll took his place at the start line, he prepared his throw a few times before he started running. A few inches away from the limit line, he throw his javelin with all his might, roaring loudly as the javelin left his hand. After a short flight, the javelin landed a dozen of inches beyond Cloudsdale's flag. An official placed a Las Pegasus' flag in place of Iron Will's javelin, as the concerned made a few victory poses as his score was displayed on the screen.

1st 2nd 3rd Rank
Las Pegasus 88.03 1
Cloudsdale 87.76 2
Zebrica 86.03 3

Iron let the way clear for the next competitor before making his way toward those who already had their first throw. He stopped in front of Snowflake while his face bore a triumphant grin. The two tall and muscular men eyed each other for a few seconds with electricity sparkling between their eyes until they heard a sharp whistling sound followed by two loud cracks before the crowd gasped.

They both turned around and their eyes widened in surprise at what they saw. Both their town's flags had been snapped in two by a javelin that had ended its flight at least four feet beyond them. Their gazes turned toward the end of the runway and saw no one.

"What in tarnation do y'all mean by invalid throw?" A feminine voice with a thick southern accent shouted in a mix of anger and disbelief.

Iron Will and Snowflake took notice of an angry Applejack discussing with a rather scared official at the beginning of the runway. In Ponyville's pit, Cloud Kicker and Vinyl were laughing madly while Zecora face-palmed at Applejack's throw. The rest of the team was divided between laughing along with Vinyl and Cloud Kicker and comforting Zecora, they choose for the third solution : trying to remain as inexpressive as possible.

"Ya mean that the runnin' thingy of this here trial ain't just for havin' a fancy lookin' throw? It's mandatory?" Applejack asked in surprise. The official nodded. "Aw shucks, Ah'll just have to try the next throws with the runnin' part, Ah guess." She added sheepishly, scratching the tip of her nose in embarrassment.

"Iron Will isn't sure of what just happened so he's going to ask you." Iron Will said slowly, his gaze fixed on Applejack. "Did that woman throw her javelin much further than ours without making the distance to the throwing line?"

"Yeaaaah!" Snowflake answered slowly, still pretty shocked.

"Hmmm! Iron Will doesn't know about you.." Iron Will sighed in defeat. "But Iron Will thinks that the gold is out of our reach, now!"

"Yeaaaah!" Snowflake nodded sadly.

Iron Will and Snowflake had almost been proved wrong when Applejack had her second throw done. She had accomplished the run-up correctly but her actual throw lacked of balance because of it. Her javelin landed about thirty two feet shorter than Iron Will and Snowflake's who both had bested their first throws. They were both convinced that the gold medal would go to one of them, since their second throws had put them on par with each other. On the third attempt, Iron Will took the lead in the competition by besting Snowflake's throw by two inches.

But, too bad for him, Zecora had taken action after Applejack's second throw. The Ponyville Coach had lost her patience at Applejack's failed attempt at throwing the javelin properly and passed the next minutes knocking the technique into Applejack's head. Literally. With her bamboo staff.

"You. Will. Get. It. Done. Right. You. Hear. Me?" Zecora groaned, hitting Applejack's head with her staff at every word.

"I get it, Zecora." Applejack said slowly, completely unfazed by her Coach's assault as her head bobbed slightly forward at every hit. "Can you stop hitting me, now?"

"No! It does wonder to vent the frustration out of me!" Zecora replied.

"Well, it's ma turn and unless ya want to knock ma head along the runway, ya'll have to stop!" Applejack sighed as she picked her javelin up.

She took position at the beginning of the runway, earning a final and slightly more powerful hit from Zecora who went back to the pit afterwards. Applejack scratched the back of her head, glaring at her coach a bit before focusing on what she had to do. After a short warm up, she ran along the runway, her right arm holding her javelin extended behind her. She nearly buried her left foot in the ground when she leaned on it, barely an inch before the limit of the runway. She bent her body forward, before throwing her javelin with a powerful thrust from her right arm.

Her javelin didn't fly like the other competitors' did. Where their javelins flew high and slow in a curved pattern before before going down, hers flew parallel to the ground in a straight line at top speed with a sharp whistling sound. It landed in the ground, burying itself halfway into the ground a few feet away from Iron Will's. A few feet behind it to be precise.

After the last competitors had done their final throw, the screen lit up with the following chart, much to Ponyville supporters' great pleasure.

1st 2nd 3rd Rank
Ponyville Inv 79.23 92.30 1
Las Pegasus 88.03 89.32 90.03 2
Cloudsdale 87.76 89.31 89.96 3

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Rarity shouted as she jumped from her seat happily while the others in the box were applauding.

"I really thought she wasn't going to make it after her second throw!" Twilight said softly, quite relieved that her first thought had been proved wrong.

"You shouldn't doubt about what MY Applejack can do, Darling." Rarity chastised softly before her friends giggled at her remark.

"Fine, I won't do it again." Twilight assured while she was still giggling before making a cross on her heart and covering her left eye with her hand. "Pinkie Promise!"

"That's better." Rarity chuckled with a wink.

"Anyway, her performance was worthy of her reward." Celestia commented softly, as she rose from her seat. "I'll be right back, girls." She caught the sight of Luna who had risen from her chair as well. "Where are you going, Luna? I'm the one who's supposed to give this medal." She asked with genuine curiosity.

"I know, Sister." Luna nodded quickly. "I...huh...simply must go... somewhere else!" She added nervously.

"Oh! I get it!" Celestia said slowly. "Don't take too long, the next trial will begin soon." She winked at her Sister before both of them teleported in golden and deep blue flashes.


"Again, let's give a round of applauses for our three new medallists!" Pinkie Pie shouted happily in her megaphone as Princess Celestia teleported back to her box after having given the medals to Applejack, Iron Will and Snowflake. "And now, we're moving on toward the next event of the day, the....Hold on! Someone is telling me to go down." Pinkie Pie said softly as she spotted an official waving fervently at her. "I'll go see what's up..Or should I say what's down, since I'm up?" She pondered pensively while the crowd laughed at her joke. "Anyway, enjoy this musical interlude while I'm gone!"

She pulled out a record player out of one of her contraption bags and turned it on, filling the entire stadium with a soft relaxing tune. After that, she put a harness on, and attached herself to a bright pink rope and, at everyone's shock, she jumped. Her playful giggles could be heard as she fell toward the man who had waved at her.

A few Jupitarians were about to take off to catch her when she pulled on her rope who started to expand as her momentum slowed down. Her feet touched the ground delicately next to the stunned official, as if she had just jumped from a small stairs step. After a brief moment to process what happened, the official started to explain why he had waved at her.


"How did she do that?" Allie asked, blinking madly.

"Don't ask, Sugarcube!" Applejack said softly.

"Why?" Allie asked, tilting her head in confusion

"It's Pinkie Pie, that's why." Vinyl, Applejack and Cloud Kicker said simultaneously in an apathetic tone.


The official explained the situation to Pinkie Pie and gave her a small clipboard she read rapidly. She nodded and made a strong pull at her rope which retracted on itself. Thanks to that, Pinkie made her way back to the height where she had left her machine flying in a neck of time. She climbed back on her contraption before falling again.

"Ok, everyone! Change of plans!" She said in her megaphone after having turned the music off. "It seems that, at the general demand from the audience, the swordsmanship tournament will take place now, instead of this afternoon." She explained, causing the surprise from everyone, competitors and spectators alike.

"Luuuuna..." Celestia said slowly, as she turned her gaze toward her sister who was whistling innocently.

"Yeeeeesss...." Luna replied, making the most innocent face she could muster.

"Why did you do that?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" Luna affirmed with conviction.

"And, some others changes the competitors might want to know about!" Pinkie said in her megaphone, reading her clipboard. "Each match will be played by the traditional rules of duel, because it'll bring out the beauty of the noble art that is swordsmanship. At least, thats what the paper they gave me says." Pinkie shrugged as turned a page from her clipboard. "Anyway, those rules mean no counting points, the match ends at the first drop of blood or if one competitor gives up or gets out of the ring. Free choice for your weapon as longs as it's sword. Rest assured, all blades will be blunted by enchantment to prevent any kind of accident!"

"What?" Luna asked as Celestia looked at her with knowing glance after Pinkie explained the basic rules. "That doesn't prove I have something to do with it."

"Luna, you wrote the traditional rules of duel!" Celestia interjected. "Confess already!"

"Isn't that dangerous?" Fluttershy asked with worry.

"Not at all, Dear Fluttershy!" Luna assured. "After all, the blades are going to be enchanted to prevent any serious harm."

"But, what if the enchantment isn't done properly?"

"No need to worry about that, my dear." Celestia said softly. "Luna's going to take care of that."

"Yes, of....Hang on! What?" Luna said with surprise. "Why?"

"Because If you don't, I'll just cancel this trial and resume the Games with the normal schedule." Celestia said firmly.

"Fiiiinnne!" Luna said reluctantly. "I'll go take care of that." She added before teleporting herself in the center of the stadium.

"Why don't you go with her, Twilight?" Celestia suggested. "It'll be a good opportunity for you to watch closely how enchantments work."

"Great idea, Princess!" Twilight said happily. 'It'll also be a good opportunity for me to wish Cloud Kicker good luck!' She said to herself, internally giggling at that thought. "I'll be back in a few."


Unluckily for Twilight, Shining Armor watched over the enchantments as well. Something along the line of his duty as Captain of the Royal Guard he had said, but Twilight didn't really listen, she was still pretty mad at him for the shower incident this morning. That, and also the fact that her brother's presence will prevent her from talking to Cloud Kicker.

After the Games officials set up the arena in the center of the field, Luna claimed that traditional duels had to be done outdoors, The Princess started the enchantment on the blades of the first two competitors, who entered in the arena, warming up while awaiting Pinkie's signal to start. The line of competitors awaiting for their enchantments grow thiner until it remained only one left. The one Twilight wanted to see the most, Cloud Kicker.

Cloud Kicker offered her sword to the Princess with a light bow. It was a simple one-handed sword with a black handle in a black and silver sheath.

"Thank you, Ms Kicker!" Luna said softly, before grabbing Cloud Kicker's sword gently. "It'll only take a minute!"

"Go ahead and take your time, your Highness." Cloud Kicker said politely as Luna started her enchantment.

As the enchantment was being casted, Twilight had the most hard time to get focused on it. Cloud Kicker was busy talking casually with Shining about the competitions, her back turned to Twilight, giving her a nice view on her rear. Twilight tried her best not to look at it.

'Damn, why do tracksuits got to be so skintight?' Twilight thought angrily. 'Look at her, it's like she's wearing nothing at all.......Not that it's a bad thing, though...' She added mentally with a dreamy and mute sigh as she gave an imperceptible glance at Cloud Kicker.

'Focus, Twilight! Twilight shook her head to clear her thoughts. Think unsexy thoughts! Think unsexy thoughts! .....The enchantment mechanics! That's very unsexy.' Twilight thought in victory while focussing her gaze on the blade Luna was enchanting in front of her.'So, the magic of the enchantment is gathered at the hilt's end in a circle frame.....Or is it a round? ....yeah, it's a round....Round fits the best... Round's a better term.....Round, firm and incredibly soft just like her bu...........DAMN IT, STUPID SEXY CLOUD KICKER!'

"Ms Kicker!" Luna called, presenting her sword back to Cloud Kicker. "It's done!"

"Thank you, your Highness." Cloud Kicker said politely as she took her sword back.

"You're welcome." Luna said softly before looking around, her face bearing a reflective expression. "There! That'll do it!" She added before summoning a small puffy white cloud a bit above the ground on top of which she sat cross-legged.

"What are you doing, Princess?" Twilight asked with a crooked eyebrow. "Aren't we going back to our box with the others?"

"No! We can't see well from that far!" Luna answered happily before expanding the cloud, levitating Twilight and making her sit next to her with three clacks of fingers. "Sit with me, Twilight Sparkle! Here's the best spot to enjoy the wonderful spectacle that is armed combat!" The Night Princess grinned.

"Ok." Twilight said with uneasiness as she shifted uncomfortably on the cloud.

"Well, enjoy the show, your Highness, Lady Sparkle!" Cloud Kicker said with a small salute before going toward the arena with the other competitors while Shining simply waved them before joining his team.

"Thank you, and good luck to you." Twilight said. As Cloud Kicker went away from her, she internally sighed dreamily.

"She really has a nice rear!" Luna commented in whisper. "I understand why you couldn't focus much during the last enchantment."

"Hasn't she?....Hang on! What?" Twilight nearly screamed in panic.

"Don't worry, Twilight Sparkle! There's nothing wrong with having a healthy interest in woman anatomy." Luna said in a reassuring tone. "Especially, when the woman in question happens to have a very nice one."

"...." Twilight thought about something to say, but every time she tried to speak she would only open her mouth in silence, like fish out of his bowl.

"It's ok, Twilight Sparkle. I won't say a word to anyone about you checking out that woman." Luna winked with a genuine smile.

"...thank you." Twilight said softly, her voice quieter than Fluttershy's. 'Gosh, I almost thought she'd seen through me and Cloud Kicker...I got to be more careful!'

"You're welcome." Luna said before turning her face toward the arena in which two competitors were ready and eager to start. "Anyway, it's about to start!"


Despite its first reluctance about it, the crowd had really taken a liking of Luna's traditional rules of duel. Their doubts about the safety of the competitors were erased after the first combat when they witnessed the effect of Luna's enchantment. The now enchanted weapons could only do a one centimeter deep cut on a man's skin. If one would try to make a deeper cut, the blade would only bounce back as if it had hit a rock. The crowd was now enjoying a totally safe show and Luna was happy about it!

A bit too happy to Twilight's liking though. Twilight had her share of sitting next to an excited fan. Heck, she had even accompanied Rainbow Dash to a Wonderbolt Derby a few years ago. Octavia and Rarity had trapped her into it. Back then, Rainbow kept on talking and explaining about everything that was happening. Every single thing. It was like listening to Pinkie's rambling, but at that time, she didn't know Pinkie Pie. The pink haired inventor having joined the Council only a few months after that derby.

Anyway, back to Luna's case. The similarity the Princess of the Night had with Rainbow Dash was that she was literally fan-girling like Rainbow Dash would have in front of the Wonderbolts when she was younger. Now for the differences, replace the Wonderbolts by Swordsmanship techniques. Take Rainbow's life time experience and knowledge in her favorite subject and multiply it by at least two hundred to reach it to Luna's level. And finally, add the fact that Luna had the annoying tendency to cheer in the Royal Canterlot Voice at every particularly well executed attack or parry. Sum it all those elements together and you might get why Twilight's not really glad to have Luna as her cloud/seat partner.

Twilight would have regretted her spot on the cloud seat she was sharing with one of the Monarch if not for the fact she could watch Cloud Kicker's fights with great attention. With her limited knowledge in the field of swordplay, Twilight could only say that Cloud Kicker was an excellent swordswoman. And Luna's remarks on Cloud Kicker's fencing tended to make her right.

Her paramour's first fights looked exactly like the one between Cloud Kicker and Zecora Twilight had witnessed when she went to Sweet Apple Acres a week ago. Cloud Kicker parried every attack thrown at her without breaking her stance and making a single step. She had beaten her previous opponents with a swift counter attack after having deflected vigorously one of their blow. Twilight couldn't help to feel pride as Cloud Kicker had made it to the semi-finals.

Although, the semi-final was a fight Twilight apprehended a bit. It opposed Cloud Kicker to the swordsman of Cloudsdale. The swordswoman in fact, for she was facing Gilda. Twilight knew that Gilda seemed to be ok with cheating from what she had heard from Cloud Kicker and Applejack last night. She wasn't sure if Gilda would try anything or not, but she couldn't help to be worried.

Gilda and Cloud Kicker entered both in the arena a few minutes after the first semi-final had been won by Canterlot's swordsman. Ponyville and Cloudsdale's teams had come out of their respective pit to watch their teammates' fight. They both unsheathed their swords to salute before taking their stances fifteen feet from each other. Cloud Kicker put her left arm behind her back with her sword pointing at Gilda who was holding a rather thick gladius.

At the referee's signal, Gilda launched herself at Cloud Kicker and started to attack. Like in every other matches before, Cloud Kicker parried every blow. Gilda tried to get round her but Cloud Kicker's defense was still infallible. Gilda jumped back before charging at Ponyville's swordswoman who blocked her blow again. But, instead of being repelled, Gilda pushed forward, locking their blades together.

"Why don't you make both of us gain time and give up?" Gilda asked in a whisper, her face barely inches away from Cloud Kicker's as she was pushing against Cloud Kicker's blade with hers.

"You make it sound like I'm going to loose." Cloud Kicker whispered with a chuckle. "Sorry to break your daydreams, but there's no way I'm going to let you win."

"Oh! You're going to if you want to keep your job." Gilda whispered with a smirk.

"What non sense are you..."

"Yesterday, you left the tavern with your boss' sister, right?" Cloud Kicker almost lost her composure at that question. Almost.

"So?"

"I noticed how the others covered you up when he came into the tavern and asked where is sister was. Heck, even Spitfire did and she totally hates you."

"Mighty kind of her! Remind me to buy her a drink sometime." Cloud Kicker said playfully before thrusting Gilda away, freeing their swords. 'How could I have forgotten about the fact she was at Bon-Bon's last night? Of course she saw me and Twilight leaving together and if the others did cover me up, it wasn't difficult for her to put two and two together.'

Gilda quickly recovered from the thrust and started her assault again. Cloud Kicker's parries were becoming quite sloppy compared to before as she was slowly, but surely loosing her calm. Gilda's strikes became more insistent as she tried to get closer to the guard.

"So, what do you say?" Gilda asked in a low volume so that only Cloud Kicker could hear her as she locked their blades together again. "You give up or should I tell your boss you're fucking his sister to pave your way toward the top?"

"I don't do that!" Cloud Kicker snapped in a whisper.

"Yeah sure! Tell yourself that if it helps you sleep at night!" Gilda said slowly with a malevolent grin. "We both know what's the truth."

"You know nothing about me!"

"I don't have to know a lot to see that you're nothing more than a whore in a guard's outfit."

"Shut up." Cloud Kicker said in a voice that was shaking from anger.

"You know that stories about you even come all the way up to Cloudsdale?" Gilda laughed loudly.

She hadn't realized that everyone around the arena could hear her. The spectators in the bleachers couldn't, the Council of Harmony couldn't, Pinkie Pie couldn't, but her team, Ponyville team, Canterlot team, a dozens of Games officials, Twilight and Luna could.

"Shut up!"

"The amazing tales of Cloud Kicker, the official hooker of the Royal Guard!" Gilda mocked with a cruel grin.

"Shut up!"

"The woman who....." Gilda started

"WHAT PART OF 'SHUT UP' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" Cloud Kicker bellowed in anger pushing Gilda away with a shoulder strike.

"Geez, looks like someone's..."

She never managed to finish her sentence as she felt something cold and extremely hard hitting her violently in the throat. She brought her hands toward her neck as she fell on the ground. For a moment, she panicked when she felt a warm liquid on her fingers, thinking that Cloud Kicker had opened her throat. But the amount of blood she felt didn't match with that possibility. She felt her neck and noticed a rather long but completely not life threatening cut on her throat. She looked around and noticed Cloud Kicker wasn't in the arena anymore.

"Dear spectators, the semi-finals are now over!" Luna declared in her Royal Canterlot Voice. "As the sun is now high in the sky, I invite you to enjoy the food facilities for the next hour and a half. It will give time for our two finalists to rest properly. "

"Gilda! Up!" Rainbow Dash ordered as she stopped next to her lying teammate.

"Hey, Dash!" Gilda said softly as she sat up. "Don't worry, I'll be ok for the final." She said as she bandaged her cut with a piece of her t-shirt.

"You think you're the second finalist?" Rainbow asked with a crooked eyebrow.

"Well, that bitch hit me in the throat. Wouldn't she be disqualified?..I mean, Enchantment or not, ain't that unauthorized by the rules?"

"Apparently it's authorized in the traditional rules of duel." Rainbow shrugged. "Considering Cloud Kicker is the other finalist and you're not."

"What? That's just ridiculous!" Gilda said in disbelief.

"Just shut up!" Rainbow said impatiently, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, Up! We've things to talk about."

"About what?" Gilda said with curiosity as she got up.

"About your attitude." Rainbow said angrily. "And wether or not I'm going to let you participate to the rest of the Games!"

Author's Note:

-If you're wondering why Applejack only bested Iron Will by two meters and Twenty seven cm when her first throw had flown the runway plus the distance to beat Iron Will's throw. It's just my theory that Applejack can't pull out all her strength while she's also focusing on the running.

Boy that chapter was tough to write...
Sorry for the late update (compared to the usual) I had a start of an intestinal flu so for the past few days, Really hard to get focused to write something.

Anyway I hope I did good. and that you liked my sword tournament idea.

Stay tuned for next chapters.

Mariacheat-Brony.