• Published 19th Mar 2013
  • 6,858 Views, 797 Comments

Apple Scratch : Onward to the Equestria Games! - Mariacheat-Brony



(Humanized) Ponyville has been chosen to host the most important sporting events in the Country. It's up to the two sisters of the Apple family and their friends to represent their town in the games.

  • ...
20
 797
 6,858

Cloud Kicker can change! (a bit)

After having accepted Vinyl's excuse for missing the small celebration, the Ponyville team along with Rarity and Twilight were enjoying the nice atmosphere that was omnipresent at Bon-Bon's. When Ditzy walked in, she was immediately grabbed by a happy crowd of Ponyvillian supporters who tossed her in the air, chanting about her victory. Bon-Bon had decided to offer a round as a reward for Ponyville's first medal.

The team and her two guests simply got together in a corner of the bar area, Lyra having brought mugs of cider, alcohol free cider, to them. Quickly enough, Allie, Raindrops and Ditzy went to the dance floor, causing a slight movement of panic as none of them could dance without bumping into the others by accident, while the others enjoyed their drinks safely. They kept chatting about the games for a while.

Rose didn't stay long. Wanting to rest her ankle, she was the first one to leave in company of Allie who had decided to walk her home. Raindrops had chosen to do the same afterwards while Ditzy had been monopolized by Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts who wanted to speak about her flying technique and her experience in the Academy.

They had been quite shocked when Ditzy told them that her arrival at the Academy was purely fortuitous. At that time, she was doing a delivery for her father as a summer job. She simply happened to pass through an obstacle course the Bolts had settled for practice. The instructor wanted her to stay for a short period evaluation, something she agreed on doing.

"And how come you didn't get in?" Rainbow asked eagerly.

"Well, you saw it earlier." Ditzy shrugged with an embarrassed smile. "I can't brake!"

"You know, we could teach you that easily." Soarin noted, earning an approving nod from Spitfire and Fleetfoot. They seemed to be determined in recruiting the postwoman.

"Oh! I already have someone to teach me that." Ditzy said happily. "Cloud Kicker's been helping me for a long time now."

"No real surprise you didn't get it then." Spitfire said with a smug smirk. She opened her mouth clearly wanting to say something more but she refrained herself.

"Don't worry, I know how to brake." Ditzy said with a small smile. "I just can't get hang of it yet. Cloudy just helps me practicing that every time she's available. Too bad it's not as often as I'd like." Ditzy shrugged.

"Too many dates in her agenda, I presume." Spitfire said slowly, with a hint of disdain. Something that didn't go unnoticed by her partners who frowned at their leader.

"Not really, no." Ditzy shook her head, completely oblivious to Spitfire's tone. "She's been without a date for a few months now. Much to a lot of people's disappointment. Probably too busy with her job." Ditzy pondered out loud.

"Kinda hard to believe." Spitfire said casually. "Anyway, back to our main topic, if you come into the Bolts, you'd be able to brake in a neck of time. You could be the team's new acrobat."

"Nah!" Ditzy waved off immediately, much to everyone's surprise. "I appreciate the thoughts, but I think that being a postwoman is more fun." She smiled. "Beside, the schedule of a wonderbolt's life would be bad for my daughter."

"You have a daughter?" Soarin blinked. "That's so awesome. How old is she?"

"She's only six." Ditzy beamed, before pulling something from her pocket. "Here, I have a picture." She added extending a photo of a small blond girl biting vigorously on a muffin.

"Aww, she's so cute." Soarin said softly as he looked at the picture.

"I didn't know you liked kids, Soarin." Fleetfoot said casually.

"Are you kidding me? I love kids! I can't wait to have one." Soarin said happily, giving Ditzy her picture back.

"What do you know.." Spitfire whispered to herself, eyeing her partner from a new perspective.

"Anyway, I better be going." Ditzy said as she looked at the time. "It's nearly bed time for my little Muffin."

"Well, You better go tuck her in, then." Soarin chuckled with a wink.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do!" Ditzy giggled.

Cloud Kicker and Applejack had been keeping an eye on Ditzy's table for a while and kept watching over their friend as Ditzy bid goodbye to the Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash and exited the tavern. Well, not exactly her. They had been watching Lightning Dust and Gilda who were behind Ditzy's table. Lightning had been glaring at Ditzy during all her conversation with Rainbow and the Bolts. Apparently, she still hadn't been over the fact that Ditzy beat her out of the top three. Gilda had been only taking small dark glances at Cloud Kicker, every now and then.

"Applejack, Darling, are you even listening to me?" Rarity tried to get her lover's attention, before looking at what Applejack had been looking at. "And, why are you checking Lightning Dust out?" She asked with anger.

"What?!" Applejack nearly shouted, completely taken aback by her lover's question. "Ah ain't checking her out!"

"You kept on looking at her and not listening to what I said." Rarity said slowly with an angered frown. "If that's not checking her out, then I don't know what it is."

"It ain't like that, Sugarcube." Applejack assured softly, coming close to Rarity. "Ah promise to ya, Ah have eyes only for ya. And ya know Ah always keep ma promises."

"Why were you looking at her then?" Twilight chimed in with suspicion.

"Because we know that Lightning Dust's the one responsible for Rose's fall at the hurdles." Cloud Kicker intervened seriously before Applejack could answer.

"What?!" Rarity and Twilight said in unison, both shocked from the surprise.

"It's true.." Applejack started to explain what they had found out on Rose's shoes and the conversation Cloud Kicker had heard between Lightning Dust and Gilda. ."....That's why we've been keepin' an eye on them." Applejack said slowly.

"I can't believe it. To think she'd do that only for a qualification tryouts." Rarity whispered in shock.

"Maybe we should talk to the princesses or Rainbow about it." Twilight suggested slowly. "They can probably do something."

"No!" Cloud Kicker shook her head quickly. "Nor the Princesses, nor Rainbow would accept this without proof. Just like for the Games committee." She explained softly. "But don't worry, we know what to do."

"You're not going to cheat back, are you?" Rarity asked slowly,with a pinch of worry in her voice.

"'Course not! Sugarcube." Applejack assured before pulling Rarity close to her. "Ah couldn't face ya or maself again, if Ah ever cheat in the Games." Rarity smiled at her lover, remembering how honest Applejack was.

"Sorry, Applejack." Rarity said slowly. "I should have known better than to ask such question to you."

"No need to apologize, Sugar." Applejack said, before getting up. "Ah think Ah neglected ya far too much in this here 'soirée'." Applejack chuckled. "Care for a dance?"

"I thought you didn't like dancing, Dear?" Rarity asked with a crooked eyebrow.

"Dancin' with ya ain't the same thing." Applejack grinned. "With ya, Ah could dance all night long!"

Rarity beamed. "In that case, let's go." She said softly, before taking Applejack's hand and going to the dance floor.

"Looks like it's just you and me then, Twilight." Cloud Kicker noted.

"It seems so." Twilight stammered with a growing blush, causing Cloud Kicker to look at her with curiosity.

"You seem kinda embarrassed. Want me to leave?" Cloud Kicker said slowly.

"No! no!" Twilight quickly said. "It's just that...."

"What? Come on, you can tell me."

"Well, it's that last time I heard you say that sentence." Twilight explained uneasily, poking her forefingers together. "It was in other circumstances." She concluded with her cheeks bright red.

"Oh!" Cloud Kicker chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of her head. "Hehe! Sorry."

"No, it's ok." Twilight waved off, trying to be nonchalant about it, but failing miserably.

"If you're uncomfortable with me around, I can go." Cloud Kicker said softly. "I won't hold it against you."

"No, really it's ok." Twilight assured.

-
-
-
-

"Are you sure?" Cloud Kicker asked, finally breaking the awkward silence that had settled between the two of them.

"No." Twilight conceded with a sigh.

"I'll just go." Cloud Kicker said softly before standing up.

"No!" Twilight nearly shouted, grabbing Cloud Kicker's arm. "You can stay."

"Ooookay, I'm getting mixed signals right now." Cloud Kicker blinked in confusion. "Didn't you just say that I make you feel uncomfortable?"

"Yes, I did say that." Twilight nodded slowly.

"Then, why are you telling me to stay?"

"Be-Beca-Because I never said that it was in a bad way.." Twilight stammered nervously.

"Oh!" Cloud Kicker let out softly as she sat back. "Really?"

"Yes." Twilight said with a nod.

"Wow, that's new!" A bewildered Cloud Kicker said. "What do we do with that?"

"Why are you asking me? Aren't you the expert in seduction between the two of us?" Twilight asked in a sarcastic tone with a crooked eyebrow.

"That may be true." Cloud Kicker slowly conceded, slightly offended by Twilight's tone." But, being knowledgeable in one field of expertise doesn't save you from unprecedented situations: like this one." She added in a reproachful tone.

"Well, excuse me for being different than the others!" Twilight snapped in anger.

"What do you want me to do? Start a scientific research on the matter?" Cloud Kicker snapped back.

"A scholar would have." Twilight remarked.

"Too bad, I'm a guard not a scholar. I don't do research!" Cloud Kicker replied angrily.

"Well, I'm a scholar and I'm pretty good at undertaking a scientific research!" Twilight nearly shouted.

"GOOD, maybe you can take care of it then! It would help us both!"

"You know what? I might just take care of that!" Twilight retorted furiously.

"Do you need an assistant or a test-subject?" Cloud Kicker asked with anger. "So that I can volunteer just to make you uncomfortable and ruining your research."

"In that case, why don't we start right now? If you're so eager to participate." Twilight shouted.

"I can't right now, I have trials tomorrow. Maybe on friday night."

"FINE! FRIDAY NIGHT IT IS!" Twilight retorted loudly as she stood up. "Can you walk with me to my hotel room?" She asked in an angry shout, before moving toward the exit.

"I'll be very happy to do so!" Cloud Kicker shouted back, going after Twilight. "Bon-Bon, put it on my tab." She shouted at the tavern owner, pointing at her and Twilight's drink.

"huh...Ok!" Bon-Bon answered, scratching her forehead in confusion. "Lyra, what just happened?" She asked her friend.

"I think Cloud Kicker just asked Twilight Sparkle out." Lyra answered while writing down on a notepad fervently.

"You're writing down how she did it, aren't you?" Bon-Bon asked with suspicion.

"It's my right to choose to not answer that question." Lyra said firmly.


Cloud Kicker happily escorted Twilight back to her hotel. It might have been awkward after their weird outburst at Bon-Bon's. But after a few minutes of walking, Cloud Kicker started to laugh at the situation, soon joined by Twilight.

"We got to find out an other way to settle a date for next time." Cloud Kicker playfully said.

"Next time?" Twilight asked in surprise.

"Well, yeah." Cloud Kicker said slowly as her good mood went down a bit at Twilight's question. "I mean, if you're ok with it."

"I'm ok with it." Twilight quickly said, picking up on the guard's mood. "I was just surprised that you want to do it again afterward."

"Why is that so much surprising?" Cloud Kicker asked in confusion.

"Well, I thought you only did one night flings." Twilight shuffled awkwardly, with a shaking and embarrassed voice. Her embarrassment didn't last long as Cloud Kicker chuckled at her answer.

"Normally, I do." Cloud Kicker said playfully, before turning a bit serious. "But, to tell you the truth, it's been a while since I did those kind of things." She added slowly.

"Really?" Twilight asked with puzzled look.

"Yeah, I got a good talk with AJ and Vinyl a bit after you left this summer." Cloud Kicker explained. "It made me realize a few things."

"What kind of things?"

"You know, stuff about calming myself a bit, maybe trying to settle down instead of fooling around." Cloud Kicker shrugged.

That stopped Twilight right in her tracks, she froze at what Cloud Kicker had just said. Cloud Kicker kept on walking for a bit before realizing her interlocutor wasn't there anymore. She looked back and saw Twilight standing twenty meters behind her. She walked back to her and waved slowly in front of the dark skinned woman's eyes. They didn't react.

"Oh Great! I broke her." Cloud Kicker commented, as she was poking at Twilight's shoulder, hoping for a reaction. "What to do?" Cloud Kicker pondered about what could break Twilight out of her trance. "Of course!" She tapped her fist in her palm in realization. She came close to Twilight's right ear. "Ms Sparkle, "She said in a very stern voice. "Your copy of yesterday's assignment is missing. Are you sure you didn't give it later than the others?"

Twilight blinked.

"What?! No, I've never given an assignment later than the others. I'm not tardy!" Twilight said quickly, with a pinch of fear in her voice. She looked around and saw Cloud Kicker smirking at her. "Ho! That's clever." Twilight groaned sarcastically, realizing what had just happened.

"Well, I had to stop you from being a statue." Cloud Kicker chuckled.

"Not funny." Twilight pouted. Twilight pondered in silence while the two of them had start walking again toward Twilight's hotel. "You really meant that?" She asked hesitantly.

"Meant what?"

"What you were saying about stop fooling around?"

"Mhm!" Cloud Kicker nodded. "Before, I was always up for fun but that changed after the night you and I had." She explained slowly.

"Really?" Twilight asked in disbelief. "How come ?"

"Too make it simple, I've been in the dating industry since I'm fifteen years old." Cloud Kicker explained with a small giggle. "And now, eight years later, the date I appreciate the most is the one you and I had this summer. And we didn't do a thing."

"That's hardly true." Twilight contradicted with a small blush.

"Well, sure we did a few things!" Cloud Kicker said, scratching the tip of her nose with a small embarrassed smile. "But, that wasn't the best part of the date."

"I was that bad, huh?" Twilight said sadly, looking at her feet.

"Absolutely not. You were very good. And believe me, I know what I'm talking about." Cloud Kicker reassured her. "It's just the moment we had later on, when we just talked...."She added in a dreamy tone. "That was just the best!"

They kept on walking for a few seconds in silence. Cloud Kicker felt something grabbing her hand and gently squeezing it tight. She looked down and saw Twilight's hand, her gaze went up to meet the the deep purpled haired woman's face. Twilight was smiling at her softly, her purple eyes looking at her fondly.

"It was the best for me as well." Twilight whispered.

Twilight slowly leaned in, her eyes half closed and pushing her lips slightly forward. Cloud Kicker slowly did the same. Their mouths stopped an inch from each other. Cloud Kicker felt Twilight's breath tickling her lips, she shivered in anticipation before closing the distance.

Twilight's lips were even softer than what she remembered. Cloud Kicker felt the grip on her hand disappear, only to feel Twilight's hand on her cheek while her other hand was on her neck trying to pull her close, without much success. All her talents and strengths in the field of magic had left Twilight without enough physical strength to pull the strong guard she was kissing out of her stance. Cloud Kicker relaxed her shoulders, slowly giving in Twilight's embrace. She passed her arms around Twilight's back and closed her eyes to enjoy the kiss.

Cloud Kicker had her share of experience in the field of kisses. But, the one she was having now was different. She couldn't process it how or why, but it just felt better. Just like that moment when she talked to Twilight about nothing and everything couple of months ago. It was just better then everything she had ever experienced.

Her normally sharp senses were a bit numbed by the fact she was enjoying the contact of Twilight's lips on her own. But, fortunately not enough to not hear the sounds of a couple coming toward them from beyond the street corner. Normally, she would have shrugged it off, but that was before she could hear the voices clearly.

"Are you sure about that tavern, Cadence?" Said a deep manly voice with an uneasy tone.

"Come on, Shining! The girls kept on saying it was great! Why not give it a shot?" A crystal clear voice playfully replied.

Cloud Kicker's eyes snapped open when she recognized her captain and his wife's voices. She couldn't let them see what she was doing. She conjured her large dark fuchsia wings and tightened her grip on Twilight. Probably too much, considering the muffled yelp of pain Twilight let out in Cloud Kicker's mouth. With one powerful flap, she jumped backward to a small dead end alley behind her, Twilight still in her arms. She used one of her wings to cover them, the dark tone of it added to the darkness of the alley was perfect to hide them.

"What was that all ab..." Twilight started angrily after breaking the kiss, before Cloud Kicker silenced her with her hand.

"Sshhhusssshhh!" Cloud Kicker whispered, tilting her head toward the street.

Twilight turned around to see where Cloud Kicker pointed and noticed with fear Shining Armor walking with Cadence close to him. She sighed in relief when they both passed in front of the alley without giving it any second thoughts. They both waited a couple of minutes, before starting to talk again.

"That was a close one." Cloud Kicker sighed.

"Yeah." Twilight assented slowly. "How did you notice them?"

"You gotta stay aware of your surroundings to be a good guard." Cloud Kicker explained casually.

"Thanks Faust and the other Three for that." Twilight chuckled. "So, where were we?" She added before kissing Cloud Kicker again.

"Twil...wait....we...ca....o. .side....ke....at." Cloud Kicker said trying to break away from the kiss.

"What?"

"Ahem! We can't do it outside like that." Cloud Kicker repeated slowly.

"Oh, yeah!" Twilight said in realization. "It's ok, I gotta a trick for that." She added playfully, her hand glowing in a purple aura, before clacking her fingers.

The only thing Cloud Kicker saw after that was a bright purple flash. She blinked and noticed that she was still in front of Twilight but everything around them had changed. They weren't in the alley anymore, they were in a fancy hotel suite, bigger than Cloud Kicker's apartment.

"Phew!" Cloud Kicker whistled in amazement. "You can do teleportation spells!"

"One of my specialties!" Twilight nodded happily, before casting a spell on the door.

"What did this spell do?"

"Soundproofing spell. Not as good as Vinyl's but it still does the trick." Twilight said with a small growing blush. Her gaze shifting quickly between Cloud Kicker and the bed. Something that didn't go unnoticed by the concerned party.

"I thought you weren't ok with giving yourself too quickly." Cloud Kicker said slowly, remembering what had happened in her apartment two months ago.

"Well, if you remember correctly." Twilight explained in seriousness. "I said that I didn't want my first time to be a one night thing. But, with what you said earlier.." She left her sentence in suspense, biting her lower lip.

"Are you sure about that?" Cloud Kicker asked. Instead of giving an answer, Twilight only unbuttoned the long skirt she had been wearing to let if fall on the ground. "I'll take that as a yes!" Cloud Kicker stated with a hungry tone.

"Let's just say that the few stories I heard about you all agreed on one point." Twilight explained, taking a few steps back toward the bed while taking off her sweater and her shirt.

"You mean that I lay around for favors?" Cloud Kicker said slowly, making her way toward Twilight, unzipping her tracksuit jacket, revealing her racy skintight top. She wasn't angry, she knew how those stories pictured her and she never cared about it.

"Also, but I know that's not true, so I never gave any thoughts to that." Twilight said with pure sincerity. "I meant the part about how your skills are out of the norm. That got my interest picked." She added in a very unfamiliar sultry tone.

"Well, it won't be the first time that stories don't do me justice." Cloud Kicker said, delicately pushing Twilight on the bed. "I can assure you my skills are a lot more special than what people say about them." She added sensually, climbing on top of Twilight.

"I'll be judge of that, Lieutenant Kicker!"

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Lady Sparkle."

Author's Note:

And there you go!
One conflict with the family of a Council had been started previous chapter.
It was time to get a new one. (Sorry if you don't like Kicker/Twilight.)

It was hard to finish! with a lots sidetracking due to eastern, the works in my street that disturb my focus and the fact I wanted Kicker to have a fight with Spitfire at first, but I decided to rewrite that chapter so that it focuses on TwiKicker (That sounds good for a ship name doesn't it?)

Anyway, the games restart in the next chapters!

Stay tuned and I hope you liked it.

Mariacheat-Brony.