• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 3,364 Views, 39 Comments

Scootaloo's Sister - TimeLord_Whooves



On one fate filled day in Ponyville, as the dragon migration is going by, an evil dragon swoops down and wreaks havoc on the unsuspecting ponies, leaving behind destruction and confusion.

  • ...
10
 39
 3,364

A Talk with Teacher

“Sis, wake up sis.” said Scootaloo, “Did you forget that you’re supposed to wake up early to take me to school again?”

Rainbow Dash was waking up slowly, the sleep still in her eyes.

“Come on, It’s been three weeks already and you still can’t remember?” Scootaloo continued, in a hurry to leave. “Come on get up!”

Rainbow slowly stood up and looked around. Scootaloo was running back and forth between their rooms to get all of her school things ready and making sure Rainbow got up.

“Huh, what?” said Rainbow Dash confused, “Oh right… school.”

She instantly sprang up, how could she forget that she needed to take Scootaloo to school, that wasn’t very sister like, she thought to herself. Running wildly, she went to make sure Scootaloo had everything she needed for school and made her a quick breakfast.

Rainbow Dash made sure that they still had time to get to school on time before having a small pastry herself. She finished it and looked up at the clock, five minutes to spare, she sighed.

“At least it’s not as bad as the first week.” Rainbow laughed to herself, “We were lucky to get you to school at all then.”

“That’s true,” sighed Scootaloo. “But it still would be nice to not have to wake you up just so I can get to school. My mom was-“ she stopped, tears welled up in her eyes.

“Hey, Scootaloo, don’t think too much about it, I know it still hurts.” she looked up at the clock again. “Hey, we’ve got to get going!”

With that, they stepped out of the door into the brilliant morning air. Scootaloo shivered, Rainbow Dash raised her head to let it blow through her mane. Scootaloo hopped onto Rainbow’s back and held on. “You ready?” asked Rainbow.

Scootaloo nodded and Rainbow Dash spread her wings and dropped from their cloud home. The morning wind felt great under her wings, Scootaloo just sat there, holding on for dear life. Rainbow smiled and flew even faster, straight towards the school.

“Alright,” said Rainbow Dash, she winked and said, “Have a good day today sis.”

Scootaloo smiled and ran off to join her friends in the schoolyard. Rainbow had more time on her hooves than she was used to, she didn’t know what to do with it. For now, she decided, she’d go home, maybe read a few more chapters of the latest Daring Do. She looked up at the sky which was void of clouds and flew off, giving one last glance at her sister who was chatting with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

“So what are we going to try today?” Scootaloo asked the others.

“Well today,” started Apple Bloom, “Me and Applejack are going to be working on collecting apples to refill the stores, we used up more than we expected for the Summer Sun Celebration and we still haven’t come close to building it back up so she asked me to help today, sorry.”

“Well what about you?” Scootaloo said as she turned to Sweetie Belle.

“Rarity is taking me to meet some of her friends from Canterlot tomorrow so she needs me to model the dress I’ll be wearing after school.” she looked down at her hooves as she finished.

“Well…” said Scootaloo a little disappointed, “That’s okay, I mean they’re both pretty important so I don’t mind.”

Miss Cheerilee called them in for class and the fillies filed into the room and took their seats. Scootaloo looked out of the window, at a loss for what she would do when school was over, she was usually with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle after school so Rainbow Dash didn’t come to pick her up for a few hours after school let out.

Scootaloo’s mind began to wander and she stopped paying attention to Miss Cheerilee’s lecture. She had started to daydream about when she would be the best flier in all of Equestria, second only to Rainbow Dash of course.

“Scootaloo!” came Miss Cheerilee’s voice right above her, “I said what is the answer to the third question on the board?”

It was math, she hated math. “Uh…” she looked at the board, “Oh, the answer is thirteen.”

Too easy, she thought, math was always really easy, that’s why she hated it, she wanted a bigger challenge.

“Correct.” Said Miss Cheerilee and she continued asking students for the answers to the next questions.

Scootaloo drifted back into her daydream.

***

Rainbow was tense, sitting on the edge of her bed, her eyes darting back and forth across the page. She jumped up from the excitement and dropped the book, she looked up happily for a moment then realized that she wasn’t holding the book. She dropped to the floor to pick it up but she had lost her place.

“Darn it!” She exclaimed, she grinned and added, with sarcasm, “Now I’m going to have to read the whole chapter again.”

There was a knock at the door. Who could it be she wondered and went to open the door. Fluttershy was standing there, her eyes wandering around the door.

Rainbow opened the door, “What is it Fluttershy?” she asked, wanting to get back to her book.

“Oh, well um…” she said a little flustered. “You see, there was supposed to be a light drizzle over at my house about an hour ago so I came to see if there was something wrong.”

She was so into her book, she forgot that she had to work that day. “I’m sorry, I was reading and I lost track of time.” she explained, flushing slightly.

“It’s okay,” said Fluttershy softly. “It wasn’t anything too important, the water in my pond seems to be getting low is all and the frogs hate it if it’s not rainwater.”

Rainbow Dash looked at her clock, it was still some time before she had to pick up Scootaloo, school was almost out though. “I can get that drizzle going real quick if you want, come on.”

“Thank you so much, I know the frogs will be very happy.” said Fluttershy as she followed Rainbow Dash back to her cottage.

***

Scootaloo looked around, everypony was leaving and she had nothing to do so she took her time gathering her school work. She walked slowly to the door.

“Scootaloo, wait a moment,” said Miss Cheerilee. “I was wondering if I could have a quick chat with you.”

Scootaloo turned back into the classroom. “What did you want to talk about Miss Cheerilee?”

“I just wanted to see how you and Rainbow Dash were doing together, I noticed you finally managed to make it to school on time.” she said with a smile.

Scootaloo laughed. “Yeah, I managed to wake her up early today, early enough for breakfast even.” She smiled back at Miss Cheerilee, “Everypony knows that’s a feat in and of itself.”

They both laughed, Rainbow Dash had never been a morning pony and she was never seen that early in the morning before.

Miss Cheerilee looked down at Scootaloo, a look of concern in her eyes now. “And how have you been feeling over all… you know, after everything. It has been a while now so I was wondering how you’ve been taking it.”

Scootaloo’s face dropped as she said, “I’ve been trying not to think about it that much. I mean, it is fun being with Rainbow Dash all the time but there are times... I still miss mom and dad. Just this morning I couldn’t help but remember that mom used to wake me up in time for school instead of me doing the waking.”

“I know it can be difficult sometimes, but you’ve just got to focus on the happy times and not let anything get you down.”

They stood there for a moment, the silence growing awkward. Scootaloo looked up with a smile and said, “I know.”

“I noticed that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle left right after school, did they have something important to do today?” Miss Cheerilee asked.

Scootaloo explained what they were doing today.

“I see, and does Rainbow Dash know that you weren’t planning on staying late today?”

“No, I didn’t know about it till this morning, so I don’t expect to see her until the usual time she comes to pick me up.” Scootaloo said with dull smile.

“I see,” said Miss Cheerilee, thoughtfully, “Would you like me to stay and talk until she gets here then?”

“That would be nice.” She replied happily.

They sat there and chatted until Rainbow Dash showed up. Rainbow and Scootaloo thanked Miss Cheerilee and said good bye before they took off towards home, Scootaloo holding on tightly to Rainbow Dash’s back.