• Published 18th Mar 2013
  • 3,367 Views, 39 Comments

Scootaloo's Sister - TimeLord_Whooves



On one fate filled day in Ponyville, as the dragon migration is going by, an evil dragon swoops down and wreaks havoc on the unsuspecting ponies, leaving behind destruction and confusion.

  • ...
10
 39
 3,367

Scootaloo's Sad Night

Scootaloo had just walked into her house's living room, the cries and shouts of Twilight Sparkle and the others coming from outside. A dragon roared.

Realizing what was going on, Scootaloo searched the living room frantically. She found what she was looking for huddled in the corner between their fireplace and the wall furthest from the window. Her parents were sitting there, shivering, holding each other tightly. Her mother, a pink maned, light red pegaus, whinced while her father, a dark grey maned, green earth pony, shielding her from the loud roaring coming from outside.

"Mom, Dad! Get out of here, what are you doing?" Scootaloo screamed at them with tears in her eyes, giving them both a look of incredulity. She couldn't understand why they weren't running away, 'didn't they know what was going to happen if they stayed there?'

The two huddled ponies didn't respond, they only held each other tighter as the claw came crashing into the wall. Scootaloo fell as the floor gave way beneath her, watching as her parents fell beneath the crumbling wall.

Scootaloo woke up with a jolt! She panted heavily as she looked around, she was still in the hospital. She sighed and thought to herself, 'Just a dream.'

She remembered what had happened just two days before. 'I wish that was just a dream too.' she thought as she began to cry. 'Why did you have to leave me, mom, dad? I'm all alone now, I'm not even sure if Rainbow Dash is going to take me in. She may refuse and leave me all alone too.'

Scootaloo's sobbing grew louder and uncontrolled, the sound of her crying reached throughout the hospital.

Rainbow Dash was lying awake when she heard it, a small filly's crying. She got up and looked around, the others were still asleep. She moved to the door and looked around the hallway, the only other open door was that of the room across from hers.

Rainbow looked around the room and her gaze settled on the curled form of Scootaloo who was crying under her blankets.

"Scootaloo..." Rainbow called into the blankets, poking her head under the covers. "What's the matter Scoots?"

Scootaloo sniffed and pulled the covers down from over her head. "I had a dream about my parents." she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

"That's okay, it just shows how much you loved them." Rainbow said, looking down sadly at the little filly.

"I miss them so much, I know it's only been a couple days but I still miss them." Scootaloo said as more tears welled up in her eyes. "I wish they were here right now."

Rainbow started to cry with Scootaloo. She hugged the little filly tightly and began to stroke her mane. "I know Scoots, it's going to be a while before the pain goes away. You may never stop missing them." Rainbow said sadly.

Scootaloo cried harder, she didn't want to miss her parents forever. She thought about forgetting them completely and sobbed even harder.

Rainbow held her tighter, apologizing profusely as she cried into Scootaloo's mane. Scootaloo reached up and returned the embrace. "It's not your fault, I was just thinking bad thoughts." she said, calming down a little. "None of this is your fault."

Rainbow shook her head. "You don't need to worry about that, I've already decided I'll do everything I can to make it up to you Scoots." she said, her own sobs dying down a little. "If it makes you happy, I will take you in and take care of you."

Scootaloo smiled through her tears. "I've always thought of you as an older sister, especially after that camping trip with Applejack and Apple Bloom."

"Then I will really be your older sister from now on, okay?" Rainbow said, a small smile crossing her own face still buried in the filly's mane. "We'll make it official next time we see Mayor Mare."

Scootaloo hugged Rainbow even tighter and said, "Thank you... sis."

Author's Note:

This is what happens sometimes when you go back and edit your stories, you end up adding chapters. It's short but it fits in rather well, hope you enjoy it.