• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 1,538 Views, 16 Comments

Forever Roaming - Yuki Harima



Three Human being of different calibers have been summoned to Equestria through freak accidents. They don't know how they got here or why they are here.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,538

Nights to the lost mind

Forever Roaming
Chapter 2
Nights to the Lost Minds


Chris’s mouth fell onto the ground from hearing Rainbow Dash talk. “Talking Pegasus! How is that possible!” Chris took out his camera and start taking pictures of the group, but he forgot to turn on the flash on the camera.

Rainbow Dash looked at Twilight and moved in the air to stand between the two humans and her friends. “Okay mister, who are you? What are you doing out here? How do you know my name? and What was it you were trying to talk to Twilight about?”

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted in shock. “He was speaking ancient Equestrian.” She looked curiously at the two. “Well, I would like to know as well.”

William blinked three times in quick succession as something seemed to click in his mind. “Uh... you don’t recognize me? Uh, anything? Fluttershy taking care of my snake bite? Princess Luna dragging me around on her back while I was on the edge of death? Being summoned to Canterlot Castle as a safety protocol with the Elements?” Each time they all shook their equine heads in the negative. “But how?”

At that question William began to pace back and forth but never going any closer to the group of six ponies, the entire time his lips were moving in the shape of words but only very few reached any pony or human ears as he seemed to descend into self detective work.

Chris on the other hand, is still taking pictures of the ponies. “Wait till I send this to Time magazine. I am going to make a fortune.” His camera runs out of film. “I think I have enough pictures for now.” Chris happily cheered.

“Uh, did you know that your flash wasn’t on.” A bubbly voice spoke up as it seemed to popped up from out of nowhere. The voice came from a pink pony with curly poofy mane and tail and was grinning and bouncing in one place. “So what is your name? Mine’s Pinkie Pie! I’ve never seen you around do you live in the Forest? Do you know Zecora? You must know Zecora if you live in the forest!” All of those words and questions were spoken in one single breath.

Chris just stood in shock to see a pink pony appear out of nowhere and manage to say all of that in one breath. He walked back a little to get some personal space from the pink pony. “Umm...my name is Chris and no I am not from the forest. I don’t not know of this Zecora of which you speak of.” Then Chris facepalmed. “I can’t believe I forgot to put on the flash to my camera.”

“That’s okay we all forget to do things like this morning where I forgot to set two timers and so the cakes I had in the oven were in the oven just a tiny bit longer than needed but that is okay I was able to still use them!” Pinkie replied with a grin and hopped closer, closing the space that Chris had just created. “You don’t live in the forest? Then where do you live? I mean you don’t live in Ponyville because I know everypony in Ponyville and I never seen you before!” She gasped in a loud and dramatic way. “OH! Are you are space monkeys?” Chris was starting to get uncomfortable with how close Pinkie Pie was.

“Pinkie!” The other five shouted in shock.

“How could you ask such a uncouth question.” Rarity murmured a little with a look that was the most shocked of the group. However Rainbow Dash smirked before returning to glaring at William who was still pacing.

William just blinked and paused and stared at all of them. “This is not possible. This is not. Are you all figments of the Nightmares?” he paused. “No,” he spoke much softer then. “No, it cannot be, the nightmares couldn’t be, you are too solid, yet...” He looked up into the angry sky. “Tell me the date please.”

Rainbow Dash snorted. “April-” Rainbow Dash was cut off by two voices.

“April? It’s July.” Chris yelped.

“Impossible it was November,” William growled before blinking a few times while still staring at the sky. “though it does explain why it is warmer.” He looked back down at the six ponies.

“Well it could be time travel,” Chris joked. “like Doctor Who only there seems to be a missing tardis.” All the ponies just looked at him like he was some crazy person.

William saw the expression and sighed. “You don’t have the Doctor do you?”

“Who?” Twilight asked making William smile and laugh a little.

“That’s the question never meant to be answered.” William respond before looking to Chris. “So you have time travel science fiction, well, welcome to real life Chris, We are stuck here for the time being.”

“Wait...” Chris just stars at WIlliam confused, “What do you mean? This is New Jersey right?”

William actually began to laugh. “We are as far from New Jersey as we can be-”

“So...New York?” Chris said in a puzzled tone.

“No, this not New York. This is the lands of Equestria.”

“Uh, don’t you mean New Yoke?” Rainbow Dash asked in confusion.

William laughed, “No, New York that is a state or territory in our homeland.” He looked at Chris. “Also you are not on Earth, At all!”

Chris just stares at William like he was a person stuck in a crazy asylum. “Sure...and I am the president of the United States of America.”

William looked at Chris before looking back at the E-Team. “I would advise you all to help. This man needs more than me talking.” He sighed and rubbed his eyes. “I also needs to speak with Princess Luna due to some problems.”

“Wait, how do you know Princess Luna?” Twilight asked while tilting her head in a confused look.

William blinked and sighed. “Based on Starswirl’s multilayer world theory, I in another ‘world’ work directly for Luna’s personal guard.” He crossed his arms. “Other than that, I cannot tell you anything more, you do not have the Security Clearance to-”

“Now see here.” Rainbow Dash squeaked, flying up and actually poking a hoof at William’s chest. “I don’t like this idea of you hiding information, How do I know you are not causing this weather?”

William sighed yet again and rubbed his eyes. “Because humans cannot control the weather.” His voice showing to those who can tell emotions that he has had this discussion many times before. “Please, do you know how confusing this is for me? I am having this conversation again, with the same ponies as before.”

“The same ponies...again? But i never seen y’all in my life.” AppleJack accused. “Ain’t that right Twilight.”

Twilight was pondering over what William said to them before. Chris was lost during the entire conversation. “Okay...seriously. Where the fuck are we.”

Rainbow Dash’s eye twitched and she turned to Chris. “Equestria, Ponyville. We are in Everfree Forest and you have a Spider on your shoulder.” She looked at Twilight. “I like the other one, That one listens.”

Chris Flicks the spider off his shoulder. Pinkie Pie was still at Chris’ side and looking at him with an odd look. “You're funny you know that?” she giggled.

“And you are extremely pink.” Chris turns to the other ponies. “and what do you mean Equestria. I never heard about it or seen it.”

“Yep, I’m Pinkie Pie and you’re Chris.” She chirped with a giggle.

William sighed and held up a hand. “I’ll answer that.” He walked over to Chris while the others just watched the two strange creatures of the same species interacted. “You are in another dimension, another world. Earth as you know it, is not real in this world. For me, we are in a cartoon world.” This caused gasps of confusion, and shock from the other ponies but William ignored it as he continued on. “You never heard of a cartoon show called Friendship is Magic?”

“Oh yea...I heard about that show. Hasbro wanted to create another series with that name but due to low views they canceled it after the first season.” Chris stated. “Their ratings went down the drain. It was produced by...Bob Saget or someone with that name.”

William just paused and stared at Chris. “That,” He paused and blinked. “Well you and I are not from the same world. My world had the show grow in popularity, It was set for at least three seasons, with some rumors but only the second aired so far.” He sighed. “Welcome to the World of Equestria, home to Nightmare Moon, Changelings, Diamond Dogs, Pegasus that control the Weather, Unicorns that can teleport, Earth Ponies that can harvest anything in the world, and two princess that can control the Sun and Moon themselves and another who is able to remind all about love.” William was smiling. “Basicly,” he lifted his rifle. “This is the only thing that makes us even close to competitive with the native life forms.” He smirked even more. “Oh and Dragons.”

Chris’s mouth hung open from what William told him. “So you are telling me that the mythical creatures that I read about are true and are in this world.”

“Yep, but the majority, are friendly, like the Princesses, Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorns. Dragons stay out of the way a majority of the time, just watch out for the Migration.” Chris just fainted from the shock that mythical creatures exist.

William blinked and looked at Twilight and the others. “Okay, can you help out here? I am not going to leave him to the Manticores and frankly.” he was smiling. “I like Chris, he is easy to rile up and blow his mind.”Chris leg twitch at the mention of his name.

Pinkie Pie adds, “Me too! He is so much fun and his reactions are funny! Also he has Pinkie Senses.”

William looked at Pinkie. “What does twitchy leg mean?”

Pinkie Pie smiled. “Oh, that means that something is going to surprise us.” She spoke happily before William in one fluid motion and before Rainbow Dash could react, had raised his rifle, fired off a burst of three shots in Pinkie’s direction but it went over her head and impacted something wooden that roared in pain.

“TIMBERWOLF!” They all screamed. Twilight without much thinking picked Chris up in her telekinesis and all six began to run while William Stayed back and they heard him slowly fire his rifle into the monster all the while running away from the now three Timberwolves.


The Everfree Forest was as normal as it usually is. Dark, foreboding and the wind made it sound as if something moaning was in the air, the dark storm clouds were not helping either. Its usual quiet The edge of the Everfree Forewind was louder than normal, a large amount of thuds and bangs could be heard as six ponies, one unconscious human, and one human awake firing his rifle into the forest burst out of it. The human firing into the forest stopped, he peered into the forest making sure they were not being followed anymore. When he couldn’t see anything he called out.

“All clear.”sensation

A soft mumbling began to escape Chris’s mouth. Something about his whole body feeling like its numb, a type of pricking .

William chuckled slightly, knowing how magic must feel to him. The rest of the group was panting after running away from the timberwolves. Rainbow Dash was the first to recover from the ordeal since she is use to exerting herself so much and flew right into William’s face.

“Alright you! What the hay did you use back there!” she pointed towards the forest as she spoke.

Twilight chipped in. “And what do you you mean by us being a show. Where did you come from and how do you know about Starswirl the bearded?”

All the ponies eyes turned towards William who was just staring off into the forest. He looked to see that they were staring at him. “Well, lets start at Rainbow’s question.” He looked at his weapon and moved a switch. “I just put my weapon on safe,” he motioned with a hand. “As for what I used, this is a military grade weapon on earth, that I just used to keep you all safe from a pack of Timberwolves.” William was actually showing just as much aggression as Rainbow Dash was showing to him. He turned to Twilight. “Simple, to me you are all as much a set of fiction as Daring Do, at least until I was pulled to another Equestria, and now, I am in a third world.” he closed his eyes. “As for Starswirl. I know about him because you told me about him in another dimension I assume.”

Twilight was just about to ask another question until William interrupted her. “Yes, I know you want more questions, but first, Chris,” he pointed to the fainted human, “Will have questions, second, You have asked me questions already that I frankly know the Princesses will ask as well. I want to deal with this all at the same time, so I do not repeat myself. So let’s all retire to someplace cozier than the edge of the Everfree Forest, Contact the royals, and hold A Pow Wow either here, or in Canterlot, I don’t care.” William spoke with a huff.

“I do hope it is Canterlot.” Rarity muttered as she was fixing her mane with a mirror and brush while looking back at the forest with a wary eye.

Fluttershy was staring at the humans while hiding behind her mane. She was the farthest away from the humans but also double that distance from the edge of the Everfree forest.

Applejack was pulling on Rainbow Dash’s tail as she almost exploded into attacking the two humans upon hearing the rather flippant manner in which they were talked to. Pinkie Pie was looking at Chris. While Twilight just slowly nodded her head as it was making sense.

“I think I understand what youre saying.I have been studying Starswril the bearded’s theory on other universes out there and that it is possible.” Twilight said to William. “I also think that it would be wise if we head to my tree house. That way we can send the princesses the letter about two weird beings in our world and explain it to all of us.”

Rainbow Dash interjected. “Twilight, are you actually going to believe what this guy said? He could be just lying to us and possible going to hurt us with the thing he has.” Rainbow Dash pointed her hoof to the rifle. Fluttershy cowered in fear at the mere mention of getting hurt. “Applejack are you with me on this.”

“Ah’ believe what he’s sayin’. Ah can tell he ain’t lyin’ and so far what he’s sayin’ is the truth”

William smiled. “Thank you Applejack.” He looked at Chris. “Shall we get him off the ground or shall we move him to a more comfortable-”

A loud splash of water alerted them to the fact Pinkie was holding an empty bucket, tilted just right over Chris. He bolted upright, startled yelling things at William.

“Dude! I just had the freakiest dream! I was in a forest with ponies but then this alien artifact called The Marker fell to the planet and started making these creatures called Necromorphs and then Master Chief flew in on Commander Shepard's ship with Isaac Clarke at his side, and Duke Nuke-” Chris looked around to the scene of ponies and William just staring at him. “Oh wait theres the ponies.” He began to fearfully look towards the sky, fear of this ‘Marker’ showing up. “Ponies are better than creepy creatures of death.” he mumbled to himself, out of most of their hearing range. The only ones that heard him were William and Pinkie.

William smiled and shook his head, yet Applejack saw the look of a haunted past in his eyes. “Chris, I can tell you that to my knowledge we will never have to face the Markers.” he shivered when he remembered his friend talking about those games. He looked at the others. “Arcade game, but... well more, advanced, and with those he said, scary.” He sighed. “Okay, we are all awake now, can we go now?” he was looking a little impatient. “Timberwolves can rebuild themselves.”

“What can rebuild themselves and do I want to know?” Chris asked, not sure on what dangers lurk in the forests.

“You do not want to know, just, let’s get away from the forest, okay?” William growled at him. “Also, if I keep saving your life, you are going to be the death of me.” Chris grumbled to himself and did what he was told.

The others just blinked but Pinkie was the first to start hopping down the road as William finally got a good look at Chris before blinking. “Okay, we really need to get you to Ponyville, well maybe not.” He looked at Twilight, “I’ll need some first aid supplies Chris got some bad scrapes on his body from falling in the forest.”

Twilight only nodded her head and the group started to walk back down the road towards Ponyville and Twilight Treehouse.


The group arrived at the front entrance of ponyville and proceed to enter the peaceful town. The citizens were going about their daily chores until the group of ponies plus two humans walked into town. The ponies just stopped in their tracks and stared at the two humans and wondered on the two mysterious creatures. Then they went back to what they were doing.

Chris noticed the the ponies just staring at them or ignoring them. He goes over and asks Pinkie Pie. “Why are they not freaking out? From my knowledge of movie and books, people tend to freak out at something they don’t understand or know about.”

“Well the ponies freaked out about Zecora being and evil enchantress that was going to cook you up in a stew which i sang in a nice clever song and so did fluttershy who had a really deep voice at the moment cause I had a swollen tongue at the moment and..” Rainbow Dash stopped Pinkie pie from speaking due to the conversation going nowhere and was heading off tangent.

“That did happen before hoof when a pony by the name of Zecora came to town. We realized that she was just a nice pony that we thought was evil for being different. Also this town has seen some weirder things besides you guys.” Twilight studiously informed the others.

Pinkie Pie manages to take Rainbow Dash’s hoof off her mouth. “Yea! There was the parasprite invasion, Nightmare moon returning, Discord causing chaos, an Ursa Minor attacking the village, Twilight’s mental breakdown...” Twilight blushed when Pinkie Pie mentioned it. Chris just raised an eyebrow.

“This place is fucking crazy. How can anybody stay in this place. I would have left when the first disaster happen.” Chris sighed “I think I need some Nicotine in me or I will go crazy.” Chris grabs his messenger bag and opens it up. He reaches in and grabs a carton of cigarettes. He takes one out and puts it in his mouth. He grabs the lighter and to light it and takes a long drag.

William looked at Chris. “Just, be careful, this place doesn’t have those sticks.” William moved to be up wind but he still coughed from the smell. He cleared his throat a little and worked to try and keep away from the smoke. William began to smile. “Don’t come to me when you run out, I don’t smoke.”

“Well no shit. Ponies don’t smoke at all.” Then he started to ponder over the idea of these ponies smoking a cigarette. “or do they? I don’t know. Umm...pony with purple hair. Do they have cigarettes here or not.”

Twilight responded, “ Well my name is Twilight Sparkle and-” Chris started to laugh. “What’s so funny?”

“You name...it sounds funny!”

“Why is that?” Twilight questioned.

“I mean... ah you won’t get it. It is an inside joke.

William only groaned at the implied joke and shook his head. “Don’t remind me of that.” He held his stomach with a grunt of pain.

Twilight just looked at Chris before she began again. “I don’t think we created anything like umm...cigarettes was it?” Chris nodded his head. “I don’t know anything about them but they are really smelly. Why would you enjoy it.”

“Thank you.” William shouted with a look of relief. Right before he crashed to the floor with a grey mare Pegasus sitting on his chest looking confused.

“Opps my bad.” came the female voice, while William actually began to laugh at what just happened. “Are you okay Mister?”

William only nodded his head. “Yeah, I just forgot to look where I was going.” He smiled as he got off him and adjusted the mail pouch and took off into the sky.

“Oh, mister I owe you a muffin for running into you.” She called off as she took off rather well and back into the sky.

Rainbow Dash was face hoofing. “At least she wasn’t with that crazy pony that the Mayor has that keeps our clocks running, those two get on the strangest ideas together.”

William only smiled and laughed a little. He was sitting up and dusting himself off. “Well, that fact is the same, no matter the time or form, I seem to be struck and knocked down by Miss Hooves.”

Rainbow Dash only twitched a little before growling. “Can we just get to the library now? I am missing my nap, and the weather is way too nice to waste here.”

“Okay okay. Hold your horses...” Chris facepalmed at what he just stated.

William only groaned. “Please in all that is kindness let that not be an insult.”

Rainbow Dash only gave Chris an odd look. “We are ponies not horses. Sheesh.”

“Nevermind what I just said.” Chris said.

The group arrived at Twilight’s treehouse to which Chris stared at with his mouth wide open. William only laughed and pushed Chris on the shoulder. “Just wait till you see the inside.” WIlliam walks inside with the rest of the ponies.

“I swear if this place has a swimming pool in it, I will quit smoking.” he mumbled to himself and followed the rest in. He takes one last intake of his cigarette and snuffs it on the cobblestone.