• Published 30th May 2013
  • 682 Views, 182 Comments

Colgates Brew - elue1234



Ever wonder how ponies keep their teeth so shiny and straight? Foalhhod routines carrying on into adulthood? Or something else perhaps.

  • ...
3
 182
 682

Chapter 6: Are you ready?

The next morning Derpy wasn't eating or drinking anything. She was just hiding under the blankets, shaking nervously. Soarin went in to check on her, where he found her with her hoof to her cheek, wincing strongly. He walked over and started to stroke her in a comforting manner. He was sure that she had stopped shaking when he was talking to her in a comforting manner.

" It's gonna be alright Derpy, soon you will be able to eat with no more pain in your mouth. Just think of it as a chance to become more healthy and after your appointment, we'll go out and get you some muffins. That's a promise." Soarin said.

"How can you be so- oww sure? I can't do anything..." Drpy said as tears filled her eyes. She was crying hard. Soarin was still stroking her. Derpy was still shaking when Dash had come in. She had saw that Soarin was trying his hardest to calm her down, but Dash knew what Derpy was going through, but she told no pony else.

"Soar, let me talk to her." Soarin got up and went to the other corner and watched as Dash worked her magic.

"Hey Derpy, will you look at me?" Dash began. Derpy rolled over, her hoof still to her cheek. As she continued to listen on.
"I know what your nervous, but it's something that has to happen. It is going to happen so fast, you will be in and out in a few minutes. Even if she has to fix the sore tooth, you will be able to eat and not be in pain. I promise that. Now I haven't told anypony this ever,but I'm gonna trust you to not tell anypony. I'm afraid of Colgate as well." Dash said. Derpy stopped crying and Soarin's jaw dropped.

"You are?" Derpy asked as her jaw also dropped."How can you be so calm through all this?"

"Well, I tell myself that if I am well behaved, I can leave sooner. So that's how. And taking you will help because I have Soarin here to help keep me calm. Right Saor?" Dash explained.

"R-right. Sorry I'm still in shock that no one else knew that you were afraid. Not even Colgate." Soarin admitted.

"Well it's noon and so we have at least two and a half hours until we go to Colgate's office. Do you want to go see Apple Jack, or Twilight perhaps?" Dash questioned.

"Why don't we go talk to Twilight? She might have advice for you" Soarin said to the nervous mares. The mares noded their heads and left to Twilight's tree house, where she was busy reading a book on how to comfort worried ponies. The pegasus' all trotted in. Twilight got a pleasant smile on their faces.

"Hey guys. Can I help you?" Twilight asked with a smile still on her face. Until she noticed Derpy shaking more and more with every second.

"Derpy," Twilight said turning to the gray Pegasus, "Is everything alright?" Twilight asked, before trotting over and putting a comforting hoof around Derpy.

"Twilight, I can explain but can we go in another room?" Soarin said. The lavender unicorn nodded and they left the room.

"Soarin,What is this about? Why is Derpy looking scared?" Twilight asked. Soarin explained everything and Twilight listened with a concerned look on her face. After he finished he found only one mare back in the main room of the library. Derpy was there, hiding in a corner, while Rainbow was nowhere to be found. There was also a big hole which a pegasus could fly out of. When Soarin and Twilight came back, they saw no sign of Rainbow Dash.

"WHAT HAPPENED" they had said in unison.

"Are you ready?"