• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 532 Views, 3 Comments

Ponies of the Beyond - DADERPSTER



a crossover between Kathryn Lasky's Wolves of the Beyond and Hasbro's My Little Pony, Frindship is Magic.

  • ...
2
 3
 532

To find a winter den...

Thunderheart looked at her cubs. That was what she had labelled them as; Cubs. It made it easier for her. Silverwolf (whom had taken to being called Silver for short), Raven Feather (who didn't mind being called Raven), and Faolan had grown much scince spring. She had to tell them of her coming change now, before she got to tired to tell them and fall asleep with them thinking she died. Oh, she couldn't handle that! "Cubs!" she had bellowed a few moments before. "Come here. I must tell you someting."

Now, with her children assembled before her, she felt her heart ache. Ursa, let them survive the winter without me! "Cubs, we must find a winter den today. There is big change for me that is coming and..." Thunderheart's voice failed her for a moment before she could continue. "And you must use what I taught you to survive the winter. I do not know if your kinds sleep during the winter as I do, but..." again, Thunderheart swallowed in her dry throat. I've raised three cubs and this never happened! Oh, being a mother is hard! "We can handle the winter!" Raven said, hopping up on her hooves happily. "We can hunt food for you too!" Silver stood up, her smaller wings opening happily. "We can even try to sleep like you!" Faolan barked. Thunderheart shook her head, then beckoned her cubs after her to find a winter den.

***

About an hour later, the zoo of a family had dug out a den made of an old lava bed, far from the river. Thunderheart turned to her cubs once they were done. She gave a small chuckle as she saw them covered in some soot, although it was less visible on Raven due to darker color. "Alright, now, you might get bored in the den, with me being asleep-" she broke of when there were barks and growls of protest, and raised her paw for silence- "You have my permission to go outside. There are hares around this area, I know it." Faolan's eyes flashed with indigance. "Are you expecting us to play with hares?! Are you taking us for rabbits?!" "FAOLAN!" Thunderheart roared. "Don't act stupid! I expect you to hunt the rabbits, not play with them!!" "Oh!" Faolan said meekly, and his sisters nearly fell over with laughter.

Author's Note:

...
no, I didn't have a chance last weekend, and I am starting two other crossovers at the moment so I am deep in thought right now. Apoligies for the shortness of the chapter.