• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 2,748 Views, 36 Comments

Apple Bloom's Weird New Life - Princess Cadenza



Apple Bloom is all grown up now, and her new life is decided by Celestia.

  • ...
11
 36
 2,748

Chapter 2- Fly

"I'M A WHAT?!" Apple Bloom shrieked. She shouldn't have been so surprised, though. She knew she was already, but wasn't sure.

"I was RIGHT!" Sweetie shouted. "I knew you were an Alicorn."

"Apple Bloom!" Scootaloo said. "Look at your awesome new Cutie Mark!!" Sweetie gasped and looked at Apple Bloom's flank. Apple Bloom's heart skipped a beat. Did she really just get her Cutie Mark??

Apple Bloom slowly turned to look at her flank. Dang, the horn really blocked her vision! But from Apple Bloom's view, it was a gold-edged green crystal apple.

"A royal Cutie Mark!" Apple Bloom cried.

"Apple Bloom! You're royalty!" said Scootaloo.

"I know," said Apple Bloom. "I can explain why."

"How??" asked Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Well, my great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother used to be ruler of Equestria. Princess Celestia was reading up on her and found a family tree with my relatives in it. Apparently the used-to-be ruler of Equestria's great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchild had to be royalty. And that pony is me!"

"Wow!" said Sweetie. She and Scootaloo hopped around in a circle chanting, "Our friend is the most special pony ever! Our friend is the most special pony ever!" They then stopped. "So, how do you feel about being an Alicorn?"

"It feels nice," Apple Bloom replied. "Except two things: One, I don't know how to fly. Two, I don't know how to use magic!"

"Well, I don't know anything about magic, but I can show you how to fly if you want," Scootaloo said.

"Wow! That's so nice of you Scootaloo!"

"And I don't know anything about flying and that stuff, but I can show you some unicorn magic if you like," offered Sweetie.

"Awesome! So, when do we start?"

"Why not now?" Scootaloo asked.

"I totally agree," Sweetie said. "If you want to learn how to fly and use magic, it would be best to start now."

"Okay."

"We should show you how to fly first!" said Scootaloo.

"No way!" Sweetie argued. "We should show her how to use magic first. It's what all Alicorns learn first."

"And just how do you know that?" Scootaloo replied.

"Because. I look stuff up in books, unlike you who flaps those feather-covered muscles around all day instead of doing something useful."

"WHAT did you say?!"

"Gals, gals, that's enough!" Apple Bloom said. "We should start easy before the advanced stuff. Scootaloo should show me how to fly first."

"Magic is not advanced. Some is, but most aren't as advanced as you think it is," said Sweetie.

"Shut up Sweetie!" Scootaloo replied. "Apple Bloom is the Alicorn here. She can decide what she wants to learn first."

"Well, I can't argue with that."

"Just let her choose!"

"Well," said Apple Bloom, "I guess we should do flying first. Then magic." Scootaloo smirked at Sweetie. Sweetie shot Scootaloo a disapproving stare.

"So, if you want to learn how to fly, we need to do it in the sky where there is space to practice," Scootaloo started. "We should go outside to do this."

The three exited the dorm and headed out to the outside. Apple Bloom watched as Scootaloo flew up into the air.

"I'm going to the college library to get some books on magic for Apple Bloom," said Sweetie. "I'll just leave you two here." Sweetie ran into the building.

"Okay... So, there's not really much to learning how to fly. All I'm gonna show you is how to balance your flight and how to control where you are flying. Getting yourself off the ground is the easy part. All you need to do is flap your wings and you're in the air. Go ahead, try it."

Apple Bloom tried flapping her wings. She flapped harder and she was in the air.

"It feels just like extra hooves flapping," Bloom observed.

"It does," said Scootaloo. "And it can get tiring. Once I was nonstop flying for the whole day, and I couldn't get back in the air for a week! My wings hurt so bad."

"Ooohh-kay..."

"So if you get tired of flapping your wings you can always safely return to the ground. Got that?"

"Yup."

"Okay, so now I can show you the basics of flying, and then you can learn how to use magic like Sweetie offered. So I will show you how to control where you are flying." Scootaloo watched as Apple Bloom struggled to keep her wings flapping. "You okay there, Bloom?"

"Yes. I just need some practice."

"Of course. So now try flying left to right. I want to see how well you can control it." Apple Bloom tryed to fly right and found out that it was easy.

"This is pretty easy."

"You think it's pretty easy? Okay, try flying about 20 yards right." Apple Bloom tried. She flew the first few yards, but lost her balance and went spinning through the air. Scootaloo flew over to help her. "You okay, Apple Bloom?"

"Yes. I think so..."

"Good. Anyway, that's the reason I'm helping you learn to fly. You have to control yourself when you are flying, which is very hard at first. But after you get the hang of it, you'll be an excellent flier. Okay, now try to fly 20 yards right again while I hold on to you."

Apple Bloom tried, and, to her surprise, suceeded. They tried again, and then one more time after that, and Scootaloo let Bloom do it on her own after. She suceeded.

"Congratulations, Bloom! You've got the hang of it! Keep practicing until you're really good."

"I will."

Sweetie came out of the building. She said, "Scootaloo! Apple Bloom! Time to wrap it up, we've got some magic to study!"

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom flew down and nodded.

Scootaloo whispered into Apple Bloom's ear, "Good luck."

"This is gonna be awesome, Apple Bloom!" Sweetie said. "Magic is so fun!"

Apple Bloom prayed to Celestia that Sweetie was not kidding. If magic wasn't fun, then it would be boring or torture.

"Come on, AB! Let's try to get the first lesson done by sundown!"