• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 463 Views, 3 Comments

Linkin Pony - Leave Out All the Rest - Kaciekk



A story, throught the eyes of HyperBlitz, and his felling towards what the group is doing. How long would they last wandering space?

  • ...
 3
 463

LOATR

My eyes gazed over as I laid in my bed. Starlight shined against the window. White dots spread across the black sky. I lifted up my head.It seemed that no other pony was in their bed. What time was it? In space, there was no day or night.

I placed my hooves on the floor and stepped forward. I found brown eyes staring back at me in a mirror. My yellow coat looked bright; dark brown hair was cut back and short. Black piercings stuck in my ears, and a shadow of hair above my lips made me look older. Or maybe it was all the sadness that made me look older.

Ever since we left our home, I have felt empty inside. Of course I had all of my friends, but I feel that I am left out of the group. We all had jobs to do in the spacecraft, but I sort of just wandered. We tried making the best out of it.

I glanced at the digital clock, it read 9:24 AM... It was morning. That was good, because I really didn't feel like staying in here longer, but being out of my bed at night would seem odd. Night and day are only times, nothing changed outside. The sun always shined.

I stepped down from my room. A turned a corner, and looked over. FeatherTune sat at the table. He studied a digital graph that laid out above the table. He watched the points that floated. Then the Pegasus' reddish brown eyes caught sight of me.

"Oh, hey." Feather said.

"Hi..." I murmured, and waved my hoof.

I then stepped over, and left him alone. I took a few strides up, onto the control deck. Two unicorns sat down, with a large window showing the back space in front of them. CharmingRhythm looked back and forth, checking the stats.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, everything seems to be stable." Rhythm replied.

SpinningNote sat on the left. He tapped his purple hooves on the buttons and screens. Numbers appeared and faded. He made sure that all levels were right. They both did their daily duties.

Then I heard a noise from behind. I twisted my head around. I saw a bulky orange stallion, BlazingFlair.

"Hey, Rhythm do you think you can open up the Fault Station?" He asked.

"Yeah, one second."

The Fault Station didn't really have much to do with faults . It was a part of our spacecraft that had no gravity setting. It was also a place that held many wires, everything that charged up each part of the craft. Blazing would go into it every so often. It was his job to look into it.

"Better take this." SpinningNote said, and indigo magic sparkled and threw a flashlight through the air. Blazing caught it in his mouth and nodded.

I watched as BlazingFlair came up to a round door. CharmingRhythm pressed a button, and it opened. As soon as it would close, he would go through one more door. There was two doors since the gravity and air was different.

Rhythm pushed a microphone and spoke into it. "Okay, Blazing, all clear."

Then I left them, I passed by a stock of food. We had plenty, but how long would it last? There was six of us! I really didn't like the food, it was mainly dried things. Also, the water we drank had a metallic taste to it.

I really didn't feel like eating, so I just kept trotted. I entered into the Information Deck. A large area, with a dark floor. If you touched certain spots, holograms would appear, showing information about the craft. I came in here the most often. I guessed my job was working the Information Deck, but I really didn't do much.

I took a seat on the floor and gazed up at the parts that floated and flickered. I just stood there for a while and thought about things... thought about this life.

Really, at first, it doesn't sound bad, but it was. Nopony really smiled much. Our daily jobs were boring. We did nothing productive in our time, just circle around space. How could anypony live like this? Wouldn't it be better to just die and come back in another life?

Well, FeatherTune said that when ponies die, they come back in a new, better life. But I can not be sure if that is true. What really is on the other side, past the walls of death?

I stayed in my position for a long time. I stretched out my wings a few time after my muscles got tense. My stomach ached, but I really didn't want to eat any of that food. But I soon decided to get up.

I went over to the other room. EchoBeat sat with FeatherTune and BlazingFlair.

Blazing looked up to me. "Are you going to eat any lunch, Hyper?"

Lunch? I had even missed breakfast. "I will..." I grumbled.

"Did you get anything done today?" He asked

"No, not really." I replied, but did I ever get anything done? What was there to do?


Later, the clock showed that night had come. But of course, I had trouble falling asleep. But why? I didn't do anything all day, wouldn't that make me drowsy? Or was that it? Doing nothing that would tire me out.

I looked up to the ceiling, I breathed in and out. I rolled my head over to the right. My friends were all asleep. Their beds were covered with a clear plastic cap. A light bar on the side indicated that their body was normal.

I guessed that I should try to get some sleep. I pulled my plastic cover over my bed. I heard it clamp down on the side. My mind still raced, but with invisible thoughts.


I know that I had to get some sleep. When I awoke, my companion were still asleep in their beds. I clicked the switch on my left side. The cover flipped open. I lifted up my head, my neck cracked. What horrible sleep I had. I got out of my bed the quietest I possible could. The digital clock read 6:07. Why did I awake so early? But I'm sure that my time would past quick like always.

I trotted into the round room. I looked at the stock of food we had and moaned. I took a few dried apples and chewed on them. I waited at the table. I wished that I could sleep. My body wanted rest, but my mind refused.

My ear's twitched as I heard hooves of another pony. The blue unicorn glanced at me.

"You're up early." CharmingRhythm said.

I only shrugged. I knew my eye would look weary, I could feel it. This only mattered by the way Rhythm looked at me. But he didn't mention anything else now. He only made his way toward his station.

I couldn't stand this anymore! Why do we have to live such meaningless lives? What are we supposed to do? At first, we were just collecting information about space....Information.

I then went to the Information Deck. I stood up. I lifted up my tattooed hoof and extended it to touch one of the holograms. A circular image appeared, showing an orbit of some planet.

Then I pressed another thing. Numbers and letters where there now. Most of it was about gravity. One part said "Inside Gravity" which was followed by "8.4". I didn't know what those numbers meant. For some reason, I could only remember from school numbers having to do with gravity was 9.2.

Then there was something that said "Total Gravity". But total of what? But I decided to leave the numbers alone.

The day passed on, and I paced through the craft. I looked through the rooms. EchoBeat sat at a table across from FeatherTune. Pieces sat on the table, connected with the screen below. It was a game, a bit like chess. This was one of the things that we tried to use in putting fun in our lives. I found no joy in it.

FeatherTune seemed to be winning, for when he moved a piece, he gave a smirk. EchoBeat rubbed his hooves through his brown hair, trying to strategize his plan.

Why would Feather smile? What was there to smile about? I felt alone now. Was I the only pony who felt this life was hell?!

As I came forward, FeatherTune looked to me. "Oh, HyperBlitz, do you want to play me next game?"

"No." I muttered.

I then came to the control deck. CharmingRhythm sat there alone. I walked up to his side and watched the unicorn. He didn't seem to do much. His hooves tampered around a bit, but didn't change any of the controls of stats. I glared at his face. His eyes looked down, he breathed heavily, but slowly. He seemed almost lifeless. Rhythm almost looked as depressed as I was.

"Are you feeling okay?" I questioned.

CharmingRhythm sighed. "Oh, It's just the same old-same old. You know, everything just goes so slowly."

"I know how you feel. But really things go slowly and fast at the same time. It seems that time slips by so fast, while doing thing takes so long." I said softly.

Rhythm nodded. Just then, I realized that he was feeling the same way I did. But there was no way I could get into his mind.


Later, I did not sleep. I did not even wish to try to sleep. I did not enter the bedroom or my bed. I stood in the dark, with little light shining on me in the Information Deck.

I thought about the settings. The one that said "Total Gravity" was probably for the whole spacecraft. How it orbited and moved. I doubted it would effect the inside. What if I changed that setting, turned it off? How would the craft run? Would it find another source of gravity?

I am not one to commit murder or suicide. But what needs to be done, must be done. Why would you live a life with no meaning? A life that you can not help anypony, not even yourself.

I tapped my hoof to the holograms. The chart appeared. I scrolled trough the numbers and found "Total Gravity". I pushed the floating words. Something else came up. First was "Strength" and the "Shut off". I clicked the second choice. Then again, something came up. "Are you sure."

Damn it, yes I'm sure! Then I slammed my hoof on those words. They vanished for a few moments, then "Shut off complete" was there. I stood stiff for a moment. Nothing seemed to happen, I guessed it was good that I want floating around.

I looked out the window into space, I notice that the stars and gases did seem to spin odd as I moved. Well, spin different. So I did what I intended to.

I clopped forward. I passed down a hallway, and to a landing. I sat down on a bench that was in front of a huge window. Nothing seemed to be there, but this showed the front of the craft, it was below the Control Deck. I sat and stared at the floor for a while, wondering what would really happen.

It felt to be an hour already. But I noticed that the room had gotten lighter, shadows of the walls elongated. I flipped my head up. The sun was shining. With the protective glass, my eyes were not hurt by the sun's light, even with it being 100, even 1000 times larger then when at home. A home we could never go back to, even if I didn't do this.

Suddenly, I heard some buzzing, an sirens. A warning, that something was wrong, but I didn't budge. After a few moments, I could hear scrambling of hooves from other parts of the spacecraft. All of the ponies must have been trying to figure out what woke them. How long would it take? I heard commotion, I had no idea if they were speak, and what they would be saying.

Many more moments past, the sun had moved in closer. I got off the bench and stood up, staring strait at the sun. I watched the solar flares come up as swirl around. To my right, there was hooves coming my way. FeatherTune then came to my side, and watched the sun too. After that, BlazingFlair got to my left side.

We did not speak, we just stood. Before I knew it, all six of us where there. EchoBeat was next the Feather, while CharmingRhythm stood by Blazing. SpinningNote was at the end next to Rhythm. All of us watched the sun. Why didn't they ask me anything? Did they know what I was thinking? The sun now engulfed the size of our window.

I breathed out and stuttered. I tried to grasp my breath to let out something. A song with true meaning, speaking my pure thoughts and feelings. And exactly what I was doing now.

"When my time comes,

Forget the wrong that I've done.

Help me leave behind some

Reasons to be missed.

And don't resent me,

and when you're feeling empty,

Keep me in your memory.

Leave out all the rest...

Leave out all the rest."

I tried to grasp for air one more time. Emotions filled my throat. I tried to glance over to my right, then left. The ponies started to move a bit. They turned to me. They did not seem angry one bit. They gave me comforting faces. CharmingRhythm looked at me in the eye.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be. You can not change the past." CharmingRhythm replied.

Then Rhythm leaned forward and kissed my forehead. Me and him were always like brothers. Really, all of my friends here were like brothers. And that would be how it ends. We all die, as brothers. I felt the heat of the sun now, from a solar flare sucking us in. I looked at the stallions one last time, as the room light up to almost white. And they gave me smiles... and I smiled back.

Author's Note:

This short story DOES NOT go with other stories. This really doesn't connect, it is an alternate universe, even to the Linkin ponies. That's why their appearances might sound a bit different.
This is my first time writing a tragedy story, ending sadly. But I am very good with writing emotions, including sadness, so I think I will do well. I only wished it was longer. I did drag this plot out longer then most. it is a SHORT story anyways.
Wow... I almost cried writing this.

Comments ( 3 )

awww i wanted the full song :raritycry: WAIT i can put it on here! :yay:

3124592 XD I know, I know!! that song is quiet amazing. And you can tell the connection of the song and music video with this story. I just need to write more short stories...

3129279 *Quite lol I'm the Grammar Nazi

Login or register to comment