• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 430 Views, 26 Comments

Pony Tales - GetJinxed



Short one-shots featuring everypony!

  • ...
1
 26
 430

Memorial Day

Everypony gathered around in the town square in Ponyville. Today is May 27th. Memorial Day. The day my dad, 1st Lt. Draco Flare, died. He was fighting in the Griffin/Pony war. Sorry, I should introduce myself. My name is Firefly, daughter of Draco Flare and the Changeling Junebug. I am a Changeling with 2 sets of wings. I am 12 years old. I walk over to the microphone.

"Hello everypony, and welcome to Ponyville. I'm Firefly. Today, I am going to honor the fallen, especially my father, Draco Flare, 1st Lt in the Lunar army, with a song." I say. I turn to Vinyl Scratch who puts the song I requested on.

Courtesy of the Lunar Army
(sung to the tune of Courtesy of the Red White, and Blue)

Equestrian girls and Equestrian guys, will always stand up and salute.
We'll always recognize, when we see our banner flying,
There's a lot of men dead,
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our heads.
My daddy served in the army where he lost his right eye,
But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died.
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me.
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love is fallin' under attack.
A mighty sucker-punch came flying in from somewhere in the back.
Soon as we could see clearly through our big black eye,
Man, we lit up your world like the fourth of July.

Hey,Aunt Luna put your name at the top of her list,
And the Statue of Friendship started shaking her hoof.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the Lunar Army.

*Instrumental break.*

Oh, justice will be served and the battle will rage:
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage.
An' you'll be sorry that you messed with Equestia.
'Cos we'll put a hoof in your ass, it's the Equestrian way.

Hey, Aunt Luna put your name at the top of her list,
And the Statue of Friendship started shaking her hoof.
And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.
Ah, brought to you, courtesy of the yellow, white and blue.

Oh, oh.
Of the Lunar Army.
Oh, hey, oh.
Of my Lunar Army.

The song ends as everypony in the crowd begins to clap their hooves together and cheer, as they cry. They stop, but one pony keeps going.

"Beautiful, little one, beautiful." the pony, a stallion wearing a cloak with a hood, says. He walks over to me.

"Thank you. Why do you seem familiar?" I ask him. He smiles under the cloak, showing fangs.

"I should know my own daughter, shouldn't I?" he says, taking of his hood, showing a familiar green and brown spotted face. I gasp and the crowd begins to cheer.

"Dad!" I scream. I hug him tight.

"Aye, it's me. Thank you for honoring the soldiers of our country Firefly, thank you. All the fallen, and current soldiers salute to you." he says, returning my hug. As he does, I can tell it is going to be the best Memorial Day ever.

Author's Note:

This is for Memorial Day, my way of honoring all the fallen soldiers of our country, and all those over seas. I salute to you brave men and women, and say thank you for defending us. And yes I know it is a bit too late, but I had something to do. Had to celebrate Memorial Day with my family. Family comes first.

Comments ( 15 )

That was awesome. Make more of this!

2642601 You just read the memorial day chapter, didn't you? I had a hard time deciding between American Soldier and Of the Red, White, and Blue.

2642607 Yeah, I would have too. But I can say it payed off using Courtesy Of the Red, White, and Blue.

2642626 Thanks, I really tried on this one. I had to, my entire family has had some involvement in the armed forces, all of them army. father, uncles, aunts, grandparents, all army.

2642632
My father and my uncle was in the armed forces. My dad was a Navy Seal, uncle was in the air force.

2642638 So you are a military kid too? wow, so which branch is your favorite? I like Marines best.

2642735
I like Navy Seals best. Marines second.

2643159 Ah, that's good. Now than, go to the Seeing Eye blog, it's time for another one of my crazy RP parties! This one stars a blind filly Selena Soulflare

2643178 Yeah. As soon as it turns NSFW, I'm leaving it.

2643205 I said it might! and if it does, go ahead an leave, I'll send a PM when it's over so you can return. Will that work?

'Cos we'll put a hoof in your ass, it's the Equestrian way.

not gonna lie, that sounds like a line from a clopfic. Great chapter BTW!

2699347 I know, but ironically, it is slight change from the way Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue. And not all chapters are grim dark, but there may be more as time goes on.

3033729 *I'm standing next to a minature me that is floating about, when I see them* Let's go San! *I run over to them, San following* Hey! Let's get ot fighting already!
(Sorry! I have been busy)

3323942 Hiatus, but I do not know how to set it to that....

3332004
Go to edit story, and where it says status, select 'On Hiatus.'

Login or register to comment