• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 14,788 Views, 396 Comments

High Maintenance Alicorn Fillies and You. - FaelaArts



Twilight casts a spell that turns her into a filly, and apparently there's no cure and Celesia has to now look after her.

  • ...
30
 396
 14,788

Not enough pancakes

Celestia awoke in the morning, after being woken numerous times during the night for no reason she could see, to a knock at the door. She blinked her eyes open, groaned inwardly and headed for the door and opened it. The guard took in her bed hair, half closed eyes, and didn’t laugh once.

“Princess we got a big problem the cooks-“ Celestia cut the worried guard off and yawned as she spoke.

“Is it going to destroy all of Equestria?” The guard, a little taken back at the rather gruff princess, thought for a second and opened his mouth, shaking his head as he went to speak.

“Then it can wait until I wish to wake up.” With that, Celestia gently closed the door and headed straight back to bed, curling up in her blankets and starting to dream once more. Her mind began to wander, and suddenly something didn’t seem right. Celestia mused, had she forgotten something? She hadn’t forgotten her duties, but she had been a little rude to that guard.

“That’s what it was” she decided, slowly drifting back into sleep. She would apologise to the guard when she was rested. Celestia turned, a frown falling on her face and her eyes opening. No, that wasn’t what it was. Walking to her bathroom she washed her face, forcing herself to wake up. Walking back into her room, she gazed at the ground as she tried to work out what she was forgetting. As a stray wind blew through the open window, her eyes were drawn to it and she frowned. It was only later upon closer inspection the bolt holding the window close had been melted clean off.

“Didn't I close that to stop Twi…”Celestia blinked, eyes widening as suddenly she remembered who she was meant to be looking after. Celestia briskly walked to the door, where the guard was thinking deeply about his next course of action. He blinked and raised his arm to salute the princess, confused.

“Tell me does this problem have anything to do with a purple Alicorn filly?” The guard stopped mid salute, and did a cautious nod. Celestia opened her mouth, and in the privy of the guards on duty and the guard who had came to give her the information, the pure white princess said a very dirty word before switching to a dead language.

“Merde,” Celestia said it a few more times as she rapidly walked towards the kitchen, ensuring she wasn’t seen rushing like she had been yesterday. Celestia didn’t like getting laughed at. Eventually arriving, she carefully pulled her head inside the door after a moment gritting her teeth.

“More Apple Frittas to portside!”

“We need more pancakes GIVE ME MORE PANCAKES!”

“HELP THE MILK IS SPILLING!” Celestia took a moment to take in the situation. Cooks were rapidly dashing around the kitchen to keep plates full of food, even as it rapidly vanished from the plates. The walls were covered with a brown substance Celestia guessed had been early attempts to feed the purple filly. Celestia turned her gaze on Twilight, and her eyes frowned, and the filly froze. Celestia took in the little filly, noting the fact her wings and horn had grown slightly. Twilight’s eyes were filled with innocence, and her mouth opened into a beautiful smile as she grinned with teeth caked with food. The cooks, realising the filly was no longer eating, stopped cooking and collapsed on the floor. Celestia sighed, and walked toward Twilight.

“Twilight, I told you not to go outside,” she spoke sternly, and the smile faded and Twilight put on a droopy face. Her ears flicked downward, her eyes began brimming with tears and her mouth turned into a wobbly sad face. Celestia blinked a few times, and took a step back. With an immense amount of effort, she fought her desire to comfort the filly, and put on a stern face. Twilight was responding this time, it meant something had changed.

“Twilight, it is for your own safety, now how about we go see A-Aunty Luna today?” Celestia closed her eyes and tilted her head as a warm smile flew onto her face. Opening her eyes again, she saw Twilight smiling and trying to copy the expression. Celestia chuckled, and hovered the food off the plates, placing the plates in a nearby sink, and picked up the filly before leaving the cooks to clean up.

“Oh, sorry about the mess, I’ll compensate you in your next pay check.” Celestia had poked her head into the room to the collapsed cooks, who raised their head and broke out into smile before collapsing again. Satisfied she had thanked the cooks for taking care of the Alicorn; she took half the food and levitated it to her mouth, swallowing it in a few bites. Turning her head she gently encouraged Twilight to take the food into her own magic, and smiled as the pancakes began to be covered with a light purple, and hovered the rest to her pile of breakfast food. Feeling a tap on her back, she glanced to Twilight and saw her squirming, holding in between her legs in a ‘I need to go’ position.

“Not again” was all Celestia said as once again she was stained yellow. Gritting her teeth, she walked toward her bedchambers again, before pausing as she noticed Luna sleeping in the throne room as she passed by it. Ignoring the stain on her coat, for the moment anyway, she walked toward her sister, who raised her head and yawned.

“Hello sister, would you not be more comfortable sleeping in your bed?” Celestia smiled, bringing the filly off her back and giving Twilight a gentle hug before turning her to face Luna. Luna’s eyes came alert, and her face broke out into an adoring smile.

“Twilight, this is Auntie Luna. Say hello Twilight.” Celestia smiled, and chuckled as Twilight tried to do her smile from not long ago. Luna stood up, and stretched out the kinks and came over and brought her face close to greet Twilight.

“Why hello little Twilight, has thee-have you been a good little filly for my sister?” Twilight giggled as Luna spoke, and something came out from behind her back to be presented to Luna. It was a soggy and a little yellow looking pancake. Luna glanced to Celestia’s still yellow back, and to the pancake, and forced a smile on her face as she took it, turning into more of a grimace against her wishes. Twilight clapped her hands in joy, glad to be sharing her breakfast.

“Many thanks Twilight, this is the best breakfast I could have hoped for.” Luna’s fake smile vanished the instant Twilight began to make biting motions. Luna turned her gaze to Celestia, who was stuck between a laugh and sympathy. Luna turned her gaze to the pancake, opened her mouth and wished goodbye to her tastebuds, and stuffed it into her mouth. Her eyes watered and she nearly barfed, her wings flaring and folding during the motion. Eventually she managed to swallow it, and she tried to smile at Twilight again.

“Mmm that was truly something.” Twilight smiled, a radiant smile Twilight had rarely worn as she had grown up, and her eyes gazed around the room and the tugged at the magic holding her in place. Celestia turned her gaze around the room, glancing for any openings before gently placing the filly on the ground.

“Ok, but no leaving the room.” Twilight giggled with glee, her wings flaring to life and she began flying around the room at speeds Rainbow Dash at that age would have envied. Luna was silently gagging, and Celestia layed a sympathetic wing over her shoulder. Luna found a glass and a jug of water, commonly kept there for the long days of tribunals, and poured herself a cup and began drinking.

“Listen Luna, could I borrow that book Twilight used to cast the spell?” Luna suddenly breathed in, choking on the water and beginning to cough, and at the moment Twilight, having not learned breaks yet, crashed headlong into Celestia’s side. Both Alicorns were easily brought down to their knees, by a single filly. Twilight shook her head, and continued her zooming around the room. Luna managed to recover from her coughing, and Celestia stood up slowly and sighed.

“Of course sister, I have the book right here.” Luna then hovered the book out from behind her throne, and held it out for Celestia. Not questioning why Luna had hid the book here, and began carefully flicking through the book before coming onto the page of the spell. Turning to the next page, she scanned it carefully.

“Incoming sister,” said Luna as she spotted a purple blur head toward Celestia, trying to brake again. Celestia merely flared her wings and rose into the air, the filly flying harmlessly by, before landing again. Closing the book, Celestia smiled to her sister.

“I hope you don’t mind me borrowing this. I want to see if I can make a counter spell.” Luna’s eyes flicked to the side and for a moment hesitation crossed her face before it was replace by a smile.

“Of course sister, just be careful the pages are very brittle.”Celestia smiled, and gently captured the purple filly in a magical net, bringing her back down to their location.

“Say goodbye Twilight, it’s time to go.” Twilight smiled and gurgled in reply, her wings buzzing from excitement at her recent fly around the throne room. Celestia bid farewell to her sister and headed for her room, before deciding to take a detour through the private gardens, and came to a stop in a small clearing reserved for her alone.

“Have fun but don’t pass the yellow barrier ok?” Twilight nodded, her wings buzzing enthusiastically. Celestia closed her eyes, and suddenly a small yellow shield surrounded the clearing. It would prevent Twilight from leaving unless she magically tried to, which Celestia would know instantly. Lying down, she released the filly to have fun with all the new things in the clearing, and opened the book back to where she had been and peered at the page that should detail the counter spell.

“What’s this here…”Celestia had held the page up to change to the previous page, and noticed that this page was a lot thicker than normal, and the page numbers skipped two pages. Thinking maybe her and Luna hadn’t thought to check if the pages had gotten stuck together, something that happened often in older books, she gently levitated the pages apart and stared, her eyes narrowing. The entire left page was covered with a code only Luna herself, using her magic, could place or remove. Her eyes narrowed, and a cloud covered the clearing in darkness for a brief moment.

“Luna…”