• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 15,783 Views, 2,401 Comments

My Little Titan - Tatsurou



Teen Titans/MLP crossover. Raven wakes up in Twilight's body and has to find out what happened and how to fix it. Finding answers proves difficult, despite welcome asistance.

  • ...
46
 2,401
 15,783

Omake: Fall of Harmony

x23. Fall of Harmony

-------------------------
As per request of many commenters, I will be writing both possible outcomes as their own chapters. I will be writing the one that won't actually be happening first. Yes, there's enough votes - and vote comments - to give the good outcome. But don't let that stop you from showing Pinkie your support by continuing to upvote and/or clap for her on ch. 22. I have plans for that.
-----------------------------

But the clapping was swallowed up by the darkness, and nary a sound was heard.

As everyone watched in impotent horror, Pinkie Pie's screams fell silent and her shudders slowed, then stilled. Her flat mane and tail fell limp along with her body against the marble floor of the castle. Color slowly began to drain from her body until she was completely gray. Her breathing slowly came to a halt. Beside her, cracks arced across the surface of the blue gem in the shape of a balloon as the gold choker it was set in dulled. The Element shattered, and Pinkie's body turned to dust, and blew away.

Cracks began to show on the other Elements as well, as their Bearers began to wilt in upon themselves. Applejack was the first to fade away as Honesty shattered, her death accompanied by the wails of the Apple's grief. Rainbow Dash faded next, the rainbow turning dark until no light remained, and Loyalty was lost as Scootaloo looked on, orphaned once more. Twilight Sparkle soon followed, the love and closeness of her brother and old foal sitter no longer able to reach her as Magic failed and vanished forever. Rarity was next to give up the ghost as the Spirit of Generosity was broken, her death accompanied by Sweetie Belle's screams and closely followed by the crumbling of Spike's draconic form. Celestia wept silently over the loss of those who had been as close as family.

At long last, the chains of death became too heavy, and Fluttershy began to fade as the essence of Kindness was destroyed by the weight of pain and grief. She gave everypony one last adoring, adorable smile before the light left her eyes and she slumped to the ground, her body dissolving along with her Element.

In the Celestial Plain, Discord hung his head. "I...I failed. I waited too long. If only I'd found a way...I could have saved them..."

The Titans stared in shock, unable to believe what had just come to pass. "But..." Raven spoke up. "But we stopped Trigon! That...that should have been the end of it!" She turned away, unable to face what had happened. "Wasn't that enough?" she screamed in emotional agony.

"By all that's holy..." Cyborg whispered, staring at the window into Canterlot Castle.

Where each body had lain as it faded, a glowing spot of red light had appeared. "Get back!" Celestia commanded everypony present, pushing her own grief aside in an attempt to protect her little ponies. She watched in fright and confusion as red lines extended from the circles, connecting them and forming a demonic runic circle. In the center of the circle, the mark of Scath appeared. "No!" Celestia screamed, disbelieving.

The ground within the circle sank into darkness, revealing a hole in the world. From out of the hole, a large red hand extended, driving its claws through Celestia to dig into the ground, anchoring itself as the attached arm flexed. For a brief moment, Celestia's death scream was the only sound that could be heard.

"How?" Robin asked, staring in fear.

"Their deaths..." Discord whispered, tears running down his cheeks as he stared at the dying Celestia. "Trigon had enchanted himself so that - if he died - his soul would become anchored to those that killed him. If seven of those closest to him at the time of his death lost their lives in a ritualistic manner, it would trigger his resurrection in the world in which they died. Trigon is dragging himself out of the land of the dead...and into MaTerra."

Starfire stared at the scene before her. "But...but there must be something we can do! It cannot end like this!"

There was the sound of something shattering. "The only thing that can be done...has been done." As Discord spoke this, he opened his lion's paw. Shards of metal fell from within, leaving behind a floating mote of white light which began to spin rapidly. "Before long, this world, Trigon's dimension, the land of the dead thus connected, and all worlds Trigon has conquered...will be unmade, as though they had never been...consumed by this dimensional singularity. There will be no escape...for anyone." He frowned sadly at the Titans. "Almost anyone..." He snapped his eagle talon at them.

White light surrounded them slowly. Discord smiled sadly. "If we shadows have offended, speak but this and all is mended. You have merely slumbered here, whilst we shadows did appear. And now, Raven, it's time to wake up."

----------

Raven shot awake, sitting up quickly in her bed. She was back in Titan Tower, back in her own body. Carefully getting up, she walked over to a calendar and checked the date. It was two days before the Summer Solstice. Not a day had passed.

She blinked slowly. Was it really possible? Could all of it - an entire year's worth of friendships, adventures, and more - really have been just a crazy dream caused by the heat of a summer night?

The tower alarm went off. Turning, she grabbed her cloak and rushed out, putting it from her mind.

----------

Returning to the tower, Raven sighed in frustration. The alert had been oddly disturbing for her. Control Freak had animated numerous life size cutouts and inflatables of the MLP:FiM characters being set up at the site of a local bronycon to cause mayhem. Apparently, Control Freak was making a fuss over how 'Magical Mystery Cure' had ended, claiming that Alicorn Twilight had "ruined the show forever." He had sworn he would get his revenge on Hasbro as the police dragged him away after the Titans had destroyed his latest remote.

None of the Titans had reacted well to the fight, although it had been the worst for Raven. Seeing an image of Twilight Sparkle and Luna charging at her angrily, she had lost it a little. Her power had flared out and destroyed everything in her vicinity.

As it was, she couldn't wait to get back to her room and away from the stares of her friends. While she was used to her actions occasionally bringing confused looks from them, for some reason that wasn't the case. Instead, they seemed...sympathetic.

Sitting down at her desk, she sighed, turning on her computer. Without even thinking about it, she loaded up her Youtube playlist, starting a video sequence to help calm herself down. She was reaching for her headphones when she heard a knock on her door. She walked over and opened it.

Beast Boy stood there, a serious expression on his face. "Hey Raven."

Raven's eyes went flat. "What do you want?"

"I thought you might like some company."

Raven blinked. "You really expect me to let you in here so you can make jokes about my décor and everything else? So you can act crazy and noisy-"

"No jokes," Beast Boy interrupted. "No zaniness. Not even a single utterance of the word 'creepy'. Just...silent company."

Raven stared. "Are you actually capable of being quiet that long?"

Beast Boy smiled. "Don't you want to find out?"

Rolling her eyes, Raven stepped back, letting him in. He pointed to where her Youtube window was still open on her computer. She sighed. "I've made myself a playlist to help restore my emotional stability when something bugs me." Smiling, Beast Boy indicated the headphone jack. Raven put her hand to her forehead. "Alright, go ahead."

Beast Boy pulled out the jack, and the music from the video began playing loudly, filling the room. A brief spell prevented the sound from extending any further than that as Raven sat down in her desk chair. Beast Boy took the form of a cat, sitting on the arm of the chair and watching the video with her, silently.

They remained like that for a time. Slowly, Raven began to relax. Oddly enough, having Beast Boy there actually helped. At least, it did until one of her favorite songs came on.

"♫My name is Pinkie Pie
And I am here to say
I'm going to make you smile
And brighten up your day...♫"

Reaching out, Raven turned off her computer. Without even thinking about it, she turned around, tossed her cloak off to the side, and flopped down onto her bed. She didn't want to think about it. She wanted to believe it was just a dream, that she hadn't failed Twilight and the others, that Pinkie's loneliness hadn't destroyed her and her entire world.

She lay there for a time, wondering why she was having so much trouble falling asleep. Then she realized she had left the chicken buried in her closet. Sighing to herself, she was getting ready to push herself off the bed when she heard the sound of Beast Boy changing form and froze. He had been so quiet she had forgotten he was in the room. She heard the click of claws on the floor before they were muffled by the carpet...and then a small green dragon slipped its way between her arms with its back to her.

"Beast Boy?" she said in shock. "What do you think you're doing?"

"...you still need me," he replied quietly.

Raven stared, tears forming in her eyes. If Beast Boy remembered it as well, then it wasn't a dream. It had all been real. And entire world, and new close friends...gone, because of their failure. Closing her eyes tightly, she pulled Beast Boy against herself, crying herself to sleep into his scaly crown, unaware of the slight shaking her power caused to her room.

------------------

The next morning, Jinx and Melvin had come to visit the Tower. They all remembered the events, and had pulled together once it was clear that it wasn't a dream. Presently, Raven, Beast Boy, and Melvin were spending time together outside, and Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, and Jinx were in the main room of the Tower, commiserating. No one was saying anything, as nothing really needed to be said. Cyborg had his arm around Jinx, however, as she seemed the worst affected by what had happened.

Suddenly, a strange whirring sound filled the air and something began to materialize on top of the table. Everyone leapt to battle positions, ready to fight whatever came out of...the blue police box?

"The TARDIS?" Cyborg asked, confused. "What the hell?"

The door opened, and a British gentleman stuck his head out. "Hello, hello, hello, hello...hello." The last hello sounded almost seductive. "Let's see, Titan Tower, Titans visible...do any of you know where I can find Night Seed?"

Robin dropped his staff. "How do you know that name?"

The man smiled. "Looks like I've got the right dimension, finally. I'm Time Tur- no, wait, I'm not anymore, am I?" He frowned sadly. "I'm the Doctor and...I have someones here that need all of you." He glanced from Robin to Jinx to Cyborg. "And it seems all of you are here, too. Lucky us." Ducking back into the TARDIS, he came out accompanied by a young blonde woman with two lazy eyes and a young woman with blue hair and dress, both blowing in a non-existent wind. Each were carrying a little girl that they set down on their feet on the floor before the gathered Titans. "I'm afraid I could only do what I could," the Doctor was saying as the two women went sadly back into the TARDIS, "but while I may have all the time in the world, I ran out of world to have time in. These...are it. And they need what's left of their families." He walked back into the TARDIS, turning as he did so. "I would stay longer and answer questions, but I myself need to hurry and find an obstetrician. Tootles!" Closing the door behind him, the TARDIS slowly vanished.

The three girls were all barefoot. One was Caucasian with red hair and brown eyes, dressed in a yellow shirt and blue overalls. The second was very pale with pink and purple hair and green eyes, wearing a pale white sundress. The third was dark skinned with purple hair and eyes wearing a dark blue track suit. Each had expressions of mixed sorrow and hope etched into their faces.

Jinx stood up, staring at the pink and purple haired girl. "S...Sweetie Belle?" she gasped.

Without warning, the girl ran forward, embracing Jinx and bawling her eyes out. With that confirmation, Apple Bloom also walked forward to embrace Robin, who returned the embrace along with Starfire, all three weeping silently. Scootaloo walked up to Cyborg, but resolutely remained stoic.

"I won't cry," she whispered. "I won't..." Despite her words, tears were forming at the corners of her eyes.

Tears in his own human eye, Cyborg rested his hand on her shoulder. "You need to let it out, Squirt. You have to let it hurt before it can heal." Kneeling down, he wrapped one arm around her, letting her hide her tears in his chest.

Author's Note:

And once again I've got two stories present here that can act as spin offs to this sequence. One would be following the adventures of the Doctor and humanized Derpy, Luna, and Dinky (I know I didn't show her, but do you really think Derpy would leave her daughter behind?) in the timeline of the Teen Titan universe. The second is the Teen Titans taking care of humanized Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, and helping them get past the loss of their entire world.

The first is up for adoption to anyone who wants to take a crack at it. The second I'll be writing when my "to-write" list is a little more empty.

Sometime later this week, the actual chapter 23, "Return to Harmony", will be written and go up.