• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 6,021 Views, 153 Comments

The Full Metal Equestrian - Derparoo



My first try at a fanfic. Edward and Alphonse Elric from "Full Metal Alchemist" wake up in Equestria

  • ...
10
 153
 6,021

A Long Way From Home

Two brothers knelt, eyes wide with anticipation! They looked upon their creation, then to each other.

“Ready?” asked the elder brother.

“Steady,” the younger warned.

“GO!” The two shouted, as they plunged into the vortex, eager to begin their journey. They laughed together, imagining the comforts of finally going home. They’d been trapped together in this parallel world for two months, studying to find a way back through the Gate.

“I can’t believe, we’re finally going home Ed,” Alphonse cried.

His older brother smiled at him. Edward flexed his mechanical arm. It was stiff, creaking as he tested the joints. “Good thing, too,” Ed began, “Winry’ll need to fix these up again!” He laughed, imagining the fury in the girl’s eyes when he returned to Resembool in need of maintenance. Again.

Ed didn't care though. Hell, he thought, maybe Winry will be too busy crying to get angry right away. Ed chuckled a bit more. As much as he missed her, Winry could get a little over-emotional for Ed's tastes. Edward was just getting ready to kick back and enjoy the ride, when out of nowhere, Alphonse screamed!

“Ed,” he pleaded, “get this off of me!”

Edward’s laughter stopped. When he turned to face his brother, his eyes were wide. The ghastly silhouette of an infant had latched onto Al’s arm, scratching at his flesh. The offended area seemed to be vanishing, flesh and bone replaced by a blinding white light.

“Al!” Ed called out. As he tried to reach out to his brother, a similar monster had attached to Edward! One by one, these ghostly children were tearing the brothers apart. As they watched each other grow further and further away, Ed screamed, “No! Not again!” These were the same phantoms that had stolen his brother from him twice before, and now, it seemed like they were ready to take both brothers! Edward could feel his entire body shift unnaturally. What’s it gonna take this time?! He wondered, fear heavy in his spirit. After a long struggle to maintain his consciousness, Edward blacked out.


It had been an average day for Twilight Sparkle. She’d long since finished her daily studies, stopped in to say “hello!” to Applejack over at Sweet Apple Acres, and even helped Fluttershy look after a little bird with an injured wing. Now, as the sun hung on the horizon, beautiful shades of pink and purple reaching across the land, Twilight was relaxing out on the balcony, just taking in the view.

“What a beautiful evening,” she sighed to herself. As she stared off into the distance, she noticed, something was…off.

“What the…” Twilight squinted. She stared up at what appeared to be a rip in the sky, just over the Ever Free Forest. But…that’s impossible! She reasoned to herself. Then again, stranger things have happened…Her mind turned to the chocolate downpour during Discord’s brief reign of chaos.

“Spike,” she beckoned her young assistant, “grab me that copy of ‘Predictions and Prophecies,’ would you?”

“Sure thing, Twi,” Spike called back. Moments later, he was out on the balcony, the book in his claws. Once Twilight thanked him, he nodded, and slipped back into the library.

With her magic, Twilight levitated the book in front of her, flipping through the pages wildly. After skimming the entire thing three times over, Twilight was unsure whether or not she should feel relieved.

Thinking aloud, she said, “if it isn’t in this book, either I’m just seeing things, or this is bad. Very, very bad.” As she looked back to the tear in the sky, it began to twinkle. First just a small shimmer, growing brighter and brighter until the light was almost blinding! Twilight was nearly forced to shield her eyes when, suddenly, the rip closed.

“Oh, thank Celestia,” she sighed in relief, before gasping at the sight of what appeared to be a pony, falling from the sky! Twilight guessed that pony must’ve fallen through that tear. Is it some sort of portal? She wondered. No time for that now, I’ve got to go make sure that pony is alright!

Twilight bolted down the stairs, and out the door of the library. Needless to say, this outburst had caught Spike completely off guard. Why would Twilight just run out? The young dragon waited a few minutes, until he was sure Twilight would be gone a while. When he was convinced he was alone, he turned to his mirror, flexing his muscles and said, “Looking good, Spike. Looking real good!”


Twilight raced through Ponyville. A few ponies waved, but she didn’t have time to slow down and say hello. Somepony’s life could be at stake! She quickly reached Fluttershy’s cabin, just outside the forest. She banged frantically on the door, calling out to her pegasus friend.

Fluttershy stepped out, looking nervous, “Did I do something to upset you, Twilight? I’m sorry,” she said weakly, hanging her head.

“Nononononononono, Fluttershy, I’m not mad at you,” the unicorn explained, “I just saw somepony fall into the Ever Free Forest, and I was hoping you could help me help them out!”

Fluttershy’s expression changed immediately, “Oh my goodness! Of course, Twilight, we have to hurry!”

Twilight nodded, and the two galloped off into the forest. It was beginning to get darker, and the Ever Free Forest wasn’t exactly a good place to spend the night. They dashed between the trees, when Twilight stopped them at a small clearing.

“If I’m right, who ever fell should be within about 30 feet of here. You check the North side of this area, I’ll check the South,” Twilight instructed. Fluttershy nodded, and began searching in bushes, under rocks, anywhere out of plain sight.

Twilight was doing a similar job across the clearing, aided by her magic. She was beginning to worry that some creature had snatched up the poor pony! She started looking in the trees around the clearing, anywhere! Twilight was getting frantic.

“Twilight, come quickly! I found him!”

The unicorn rushed to meet Fluttershy, who was standing beside a collapsed colt under a tree. “The shock must have knocked him out,” Fluttershy explained, “He’s in bad shape, we need to get him home right away!”

Twilight could barely look at the poor pony. He was smaller than the average earth stallion. His white coat was soaked with blood, rushing from various scrapes along his body, bruises dotted across him, a few of his ribs were probably broken. That wasn’t the worst of it, though. Twilight looked in horror as she realized; this pony was missing limbs.

His left hind leg seemed to have been chopped off halfway down, and his right foreleg wasn’t there at all. Strangely enough, there was no blood coming from these areas. Instead of the wide open wounds one would expect, the areas where the colt’s legs ended were capped with steel plates, and complicated wiring.

As Twilight wondered what tragedies this pony must have seen, she realized how late it had become. Celestia's sun now hung low in the sky, just touching the distant hilltops. Night was coming very, very soon. “Fluttershy, we don’t have time to run back,” Twilight said, “I’m going to have to use a spell to teleport us back to the library.”

Fluttershy nodded, and watched as her unicorn friend’s horn began to shine brightly. As the light enveloped all three of them, they flashed out of the forest, appearing moments later in Twilight’s library home.

“Spike,” Twilight called, “We need towels, a bucket of water, and a first aid kit, now!”

“What’s the rush, Twi?” Spike asked from upstairs. Although Spike was happy to oblige nearly any request, he nearly dropped his entire load when he saw the trio in the living room.

Noticing the shocked expression Spike was wearing(and not wanting him to suffer such a sight), Twilight told him to go get the guest bed ready. As he left, she thanked him, and told him, “don’t worry, everything will be alright.”

The next several hours were spent nursing this poor colt back to a relative state of health. They washed all of the blood from his coat and golden mane, careful not to put much pressure around the bruises. Then, Fluttershy went to work stitching the major injuries closed, whilst Twilight bandaged the less serious wounds.

As she worked, Twilight couldn't help but wonder where this pony had come from. She knew that he couldn't be from Ponyville; Pinkie would've thrown a party for him by now, and the way this colt seemed to fall through the sky suggested that he was brought here by some sort of teleportation. But, he isn't a unicorn...Twilight thought. It was true, this figure was a simple earth pony. As she pondered if he had been sent to them by a higher power, she began to notice his cutie mark.

She had to stop what she was doing when her eyes rested upon that mark; it was unlike anything she'd ever seen! Being a scholar in magic, Twilight had knowledge of arcane circles that were used to aid in casting more powerful spells, but this design was unfamiliar to her. A large circle enclosed several criss-crossing streaks, coming together to form a large star. In front of that was what appeared a magnificent cross, wrapped loosely by a single serpent. A pair of wings adorned the top of this design, tying together its majestic complexity. As Twilight tried to make sense of the many mysteries surrounding this peculiar pony, a call from Fluttershy snapped her back into dressing his wounds.

When it was all over, Twilight levitated their ‘patient’ up the stairs, and into the guest bed. She thanked Fluttershy for all of her help, and offered for her to spend the night, rather than walk all the way home. Fluttershy, however declined, on the grounds that she had to make sure Angel wasn’t staying up late again. After saying their farewells, Twilight let out a sigh, and collapsed on her couch.