• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 3,080 Views, 38 Comments

Someone Else's Heart - Effigy



Following her defeat, a solitary Queen Chrysalis attempts to start a new life as a regular pony.

  • ...
2
 38
 3,080

Epilogue

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that remorse is a powerful emotion. It took a lot of doing, but somepony who I thought was bad through and through showed me they had a glimmer of goodness inside them all along. I don't think that everypony who does bad things will come to regret their actions, but the pony I met today proved to me that even the most heinous of crimes can be forgiven, if only the perpetrator realizes what they have done wrong and works to make it right. Today I saw an enemy become a friend, and a wrong be righted. Today I saw a pony change to become something better than they were before, and a good deed done to help lessen the guilt of past bad deeds. Not all ponies show remorse when they need to, but when they do, it can give them someone else's heart entirely.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

Well, it looks like this story is finally at it's end. I wish I could cite dozens of good reasons as to why it took so long, but there really are no good reasons. But hey, school ends soon, so I'll probably be more productive during the summer, followed by a period of massively increased productivity due to the phenomenon known as 'college' combining with my natural powers of 'procrastination'.

Someone Else's Heart is far from perfect -- I'll be the first person to say as much. But while it may not be perfect, it was certainly very educational. I learned to use EM dashes due to this fic. I learned how to better construct dialogue due to this fic. Most importantly, I learned that it might be a very good idea to have an entire story written out before submitting it to avoid long stretches of time between updates due to this fic. That's something that will probably, but not necessarily, happen in the future.

I'd like to send out a thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story so far, and I hope that you've enjoyed reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I'm sorry about the various grammatical and syntactical errors that I've yet to fix, and I'm sorry for the Author's Notes on the epilogue being multiple times longer than the epilogue itself. Thank you for your patience.

As a last little note, I wanted to tell you all that I plan to keep writing on FimFiction for a long time to come. If you liked this story, cool! You might just like what I write next as well. Which, incidentally, will either be some sort of alternate history based around Discord and the Elements of Harmony, or some sort of slightly comedic shipping fic between Derpy and Big Mac, because I like really off-the-wall shippings. Which one of these I write next will almost certainly be decided entirely based on any comments I see persuading me to go one way or the other. Never let it be said I don't want to give the readers what they ask for.

Thank you all for sticking with me through my long gaps of silence. Thank you all for reading this silly little restructuring fic that is as far from canon as you can get. Thank you all for your comments, your faves, and your little hands with the thumb pointing toward the top of my screen. This story was written for you.

Comments ( 9 )

Well I have to say Chrysalis and Twi's character development was done excellently. Moreover, the general pacing of the story for the first four chapters works brilliantly...

Still, there are a few problems. After all of Twilight's anguish for losing her home, you'd think she'd be more furious at Chrysalis... There... just needs to be more character interaction, a way to bring the audience in with the characters. While the story stands by itself, I only wish the principal characters Twi and Chrysalis get more development

Its a good story though. I wish you happy writing.

This was a nice little story. I quite enjoyed it.

Derpy and Big Mac fo sho. WAIT! Seen it before...

I really enjoyed this story. I hope you choose the Derpy x Big Mac story. Always a good pair.

I'm glad to see it finished but sad at the same time. Maybe I'm simply seeing things I want to but with the way you ended it, it feels like there could be a possibility of more!
Regardless, thanks for the story. Fave Like and follow for you my good sir. :heart: :pinkiecrazy:

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!:yay:

I have to say, this was a very touching and unexpected story. Have a fav and hoof up.

THis could have gone on much longer.

Great potential cur short. not going in my completed or an upvote.

This is the closest any fanfic has come to matching the spirit of the show. (That I've read)

Login or register to comment